Start by marking “Cake” as Want to Read:

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  668 Ratings  ·  226 Reviews
A hilarious new rom-com from USA Today best-selling author Carmen Jenner.

Poppy Porter's ex is getting married ... to her ex-best friend. To land her dream job of partner in the most prestigious firm on the Upper East Side, Poppy must now pull double shifts as their wedding planner and maid of honor. And the icing on a truly craptastic cake? Leo Nass. Handsome, infuriating
Published March 1st 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cake

Jennifer Kyle
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

description

Carmen Jenner thank you for such a fun time with this rom com! Poppy Porter our cat loving, cake eating, heroine is trying to navigate being dumped by her fiancée while being the maid of honor in his wedding and the wedding planner. Things go from bad to worse but for readers so very interesting when her ex’s best friend and our heroine’s archnenmeis enters the story… Leo Nass the Ass.

"To look at Leo Nass is to look at a god, but any-like impression is ruined the second he opens his m
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I really enjoyed this book! It was so fun and sexy.

Poppy and Leo have known each other since they were teens. Poppy was engaged to Chase, Leo’s best friend, but that relationship ended and he then started dating her best friend. Now they are getting married and Poppy, who is a wedding planner, is not only planning the wedding but is also the maid if honor. Leo, is the best man so they get to see each other often.

I loved the banter between Poppy and Leo! They think they hate each other, but we
Paige
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 “Pop Tart” Stars

This book was absolutely delightful! It was silly, sexy and sassy. Cake was a feel good rom com that I didn’t put down once I started. Poppy and Leo have the hate/love relationship down pat and the cover is perfect for this book.

Poppy is not loving life right now. After getting dumped by her long time boyfriend, she now has the privilege of planning his wedding to her (ex)best friend. And while she isn’t totally heart broken over their split because she knew it was time, she is
Susan
“I did almost kill a man tonight over a cake." - Poppy

38%
“You sleep in Grumpy Cat pajamas?”
“So?”
“Oh, baby. You really are a crazy cat lady.”
“Don’t call me baby; I’m not your baby. And so I like cats. So what?...”

39%
“Tell me, Pop Tart, is your pussy this unhappy, too?” He fingers the print of Grumpy Cat right over my nipple. I gasp before I can help it. The sound just slips out. Leo’s eyes darken with lust.
“Right now? Yeah, because some asshole doesn’t know what personal space means….”

42%
“W
Carmen Jenner
Feb 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
#PREORDER NOW
#99CENTS UNTIL RELEASE!
#FREE IN #KU:
AMAZON US
AMAZON AU
AMAZON UK
AMAZON CA

SIGN UP TO BE NOTIFIED ON RELEASE DAY here

Join the Cover Reveal, Release Day Blitz, and Blog Tour, hosted by Social Butterfly PR here
JewelsyGoolsy
As a romance with swoons, I wasn’t swooning. But as an entertaining, comical and funny story, this was certainly enjoyable.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This may be a romantic comedy but the plot sounds more like a nightmare. Imagine this... your best friend, who you have known your whole life, sleeps with your boyfriend, he leaves you for her and they are now in love and getting married. Just to add to that.... she wants you to be the head bridesmaid and you will also be helping plan the wedding of your dreams for them. Sounds wonderful right?

As if that isn't stressful enough, the best man is someone that Poppy despises, Leo Nass. The man whori
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

See that there ^^?

That was me as I read Cake - because, you know, you can't read a book called Cake without eating cake. It's a law or something.

Firstly, I love love love love LOVE this cover. I am not usually a big on paying attention to covers, but I adore this one more and more every time I look at it.

This book was everything. I laughed, I cried, I yelled at my kindle, I may or may have not wanted to climb into the book and nut punch someone - or someones!

Ri
Kristine GPI Bookblog

HOLY MOLY!!! When an authors tagline line is what’s a happily ever after without a little torture? you come to expect stories full of angst, heartache and most definitely not smooth sailing. You hope for those belly flutters and warm fuzzies to accompany the aforementioned torture, but it wouldn't be remiss of us to not expect it. When Ms Jenner first announced CAKE I did a little happy dance because word on the street was SPOILER ALERT: NO ONE DIES.

Can you hear my excitement through my review b
Amy
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
“To look at Leo Nass is to look at a god, but any-like impression is ruined the second he opens his mouth.”

Carmen Jenner is known for her gritty, heartfelt second chance romances. She has written everything from Biker Romances to Angsty romances that give you all the feels. So, when I heard that she was going to be writing a romantic comedy, I couldn’t wait to see what she would bring to the table…

Cake is a hilarious romantic comedy. From the moment I picked up this book, I was sucked into Leo a
Escape into a Booksite
*5 “Buzz Buzz” Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first Carmen Jenner book, and oh boy, it certainly will not be my last. I have been recommended Carmens books by a friend for the last few months, so finally getting to read one was awesome.

I loved this book! I was hooked from the very beginning, that prologue sure draws you in. Also, this book is so hilarious. I was grinning like a fool at my kindle so often its ridiculous.

Both of the main characters in th
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Poppy Porter loves Magnolia Cupcakes
This is Pop Tart. She’s anal-retentive, OCD, wedding obsessed, and a believer in true love, love at first sight , and . . . fate.

And Leo "Nass the Ass", is a man-whore, who's done half of Manhattan and rigorously working his way through the other half. He loves needling her for her obsession with these sugary delights.

They meet in NYC , he manages to distract her enough that she falls on the street and her cupcakes are smooshed. He meets her at the wedding
Mikaia
*** 4 Pretty amazing with frosting stars***

description

It's been such a long time since I read a 4 star worthy- enemies to lovers trope. I'm so glad I came across this in my updates. It's a perfect laugh out loud mood lifter.
Are you looking for a rom-com? Are you looking for a couple that hates each others guts which makes for great foreplay? Are you looking for witty comebacks & hilarious banter where the leads are constantly one-upping each other?
Are you looking for bridesmaid/best man romance?
Here yo
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
-4 stars, Jennifer

If all frenemies were as hot as Leo Nash… I’d need at least 3 please.

Another great story from the fabulous Carmen Jenner.

Poppy is preparing to stand beside her (ex) best friend on her wedding day… only problem is her (ex) best friend is marrying Poppy’s ex fiancé. That’s all one big mess, so let’s focus on Poppy’s career as a wedding planner… wait… that’s a mess too… Never mind. Let’s just focus on cake. Poppy loves cake… but… that’s another mess. Okay… So, this story is one b
Courtney
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Carmen Jenner, bravo on this one!! I loved every bit of this book.

I was not sure what to expect when I started this book, as this is only my second book by Carmen, but I know that I enjoyed her writing on the first book I read. So I at least knew I would enjoy the writing; but I absolutely loved this whole story.

"Nass the Ass"

Those three words will forever be stuck in my head and will always remind of this book and why it is so great. "Nass the Ass" is Leo Nass, Poppy's archnemeis and best f
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By: Carmen Jenner
4.5 PopTart Stars!!!

Popped my Carmen Jenner Cherry with this book. What a great quick paced, free flowing, laugh out loud story!!! I opened this book and could not put it down till I finished. It was one OMG moment after another.

Poppy Porter is a bigger woman than I could ever be! That is for sure. Working her way up the ladder in her current job as an associate wedding planner, this upcoming wedding will surely get her the promotion she so desperately needs.

The catch to t
Paula  Phillips
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Poppy Porter should have been planning her wedding to her fiance and headed off on her honeymoon. However, she is now helping to plan her now ex-best friend's wedding to her ex-fiance. The worst thing is that Poppy can't say know as her job is also on the line if she stuffs up. As the maid of honor Poppy is being pushed together with her ex-best friend's Best Man - Leo Nass. He also happens to be the one who talked her ex-fiance into leaving her and not marrying her. Leo has always picked on Pop ...more
Lisa Mandina
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hmm, where to start, I'm just not sure. All I know is that I ADORED this book! I finished this book in less than 24 hours. I stayed up late to finish it. I could barely put it down to go to work, and unfortunately the snow days did not continue while I was reading it, so I had to go to work. I was first amused that when I downloaded it to start reading during the commercials while I was watching some of my DVR episodes of Supernatural, and realized that the main character's cats were named Sam, ...more
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)

Cake was definitely a step away from the heart wrenching angst that Carmen Jenner is so well known for but I think she’s about to become well known for something completely different!

Cake was deliciously (pun intended) fun. It was flirty, a whole bit cray cray and full of so much snark and sexy banter. It had me up all night sniggering and waking up my house with laugh out loud hilarity. I could not put this book down! I picked it up late at night to read a couple of chapters and a couple of ho
ItaPixie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars

I loved this story!!!
Cake is a great rom-com,it was enterteining,funny and sweet...I hope it becomes a movie soon.

Poppy,our heroine,is an amazing wedding planner but she isn't ready to arrange and to take part to her ex fiancè and best friend's wedding.
Fortunately our heroine during this very stressful time,with her job on the line and tons of little hitches,finds the support of her very nemesis,Leo Nass.

I liked Leo even if he's a playboy and our heroine is not too fond of him I can see somethi

Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"After that read you will stop thinking the same about cakes as you used to be. Put a cocky-feisty-sexy-man in the picture and you will have the best rom-com you ever read!"

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 5stars

WOW!!! What a great story!!! This book is the first I have read by Carmen Jenner and, damn, I love how this girl's mind works! Carmen likes to
Jaime Fiction Fangirls Book Review
Loved!!

I loved this book!!!

This is a new author to me but I’m really thankful that I took a chance on her. There isn’t much I like better than a good enemies to lovers romance and when you add in all the hilarity of an ex-boyfriend and an ex-best friends wedding, this was a recipe for fun.

I’m normally not a fan of blatant, unapologetic manwhores but I have to tell you, I LOVED Leo. I totally understood Poppy’s hesitance to give into his charms but I love that once he fell, he fell hard and he
Patricia Rohrs (words we love by blog)
Poppy and Leo from start to finish are amazing as heck!! What I love is that they hate each other yet don’t notice that their hatred has allowed them to be so honest and open with one another that when they finally open up it leads to a beautiful friendship! But can Mr. playboy really change who he is into who poppy needs!!

Poor poppy has had a year from hell and the one thing she needs is for everything to go right but yet it’s all crumbling around her!! Can she pull off this nightmare wedding
Heather andrews
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leo likes to make his opinions known, “I’m not sure your *** would fit.” I cock my head to the side and stare at the *** in question. It’s a nice ***—a little small for my liking, but there’s certainly enough of it to grab a handful..." Leo never let his woman win an arguement, “oh, you wrapped it. I could feel your grumpy cat trying to get closer to my ***k.” Leo doesn't have a bashful bone in his body, “Aaright, ease up, Mother,” Leo says, snaking an arm around my waist. “Yes, Poppy and I had ...more
Clare
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG this book is freaking amazing, I saw other people saying who much they loved it so when given the chance to win an ARC i jump at the chance, I'm so glad i did cause i won and got to read this amazing story, I couldn't put this down i started it at 10am and finished by 2:30pm, I connected with Poppy and Leo from the start and loved reading there interaction together cause they were so funny. Ant the story was so good. This is by far one of my top 5 reads of 2018.
Riri Hanafi
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Definitely a 5 stars read... I love love love it so much...
Full review soon on the my blog... <3
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"The man who puts the whore in man whore..."

I've been a fan of Carmen Jenner's dark romance novels for years, so I couldn't resist giving her lighter side a try. As I suspected she nailed it, her word wizardry is not limited to genre, so I get to have my cake and eat it too. It doesn't matter what she decides to tackle next, whether it be a dark or light, chocolate or vanilla, badass bikers or wedding planners, I'm in.

I was #TeamPoppy from the beginning. She had my support and admiration for
April Symes
This is a zany, funny, witty romantic comedy with a bit of a twist. I thought by the title this would be a contemporary romance based on a baker and her love life…boy was I wrong and so glad because what I read was phenomenal and outstanding. Poppy is a wedding planner and she is handed a wedding to plan only she doesn’t want any part of it. Reason is, her former BFF is getting married to her former fiancée. Poppy is left feeling so many negative emotions and she definitely is hating her life at ...more
SimplyƝì₭
This was our July BOTM. I laughed and cried from tears with this book. It was light, flowed really well. The MC's were very easy to warm up to. If you want something light with a great gushing HEA then try this book.
Some Like It Hot!: July BOTM 12 32 Jul 26, 2018 06:51AM
Carmen Jenner is a thirty-something, USA Today and international bestselling author.

A tattoo enthusiast, hardcore makeup addict, cake fanatic, and zombie fangirl, Carmen lives in sunny Australia, where she spends her time indoors wrangling her two wildling children, a dog named Pikelet, and her very own man-child.

A romantic at heart, Carmen strives to give her characters the HEA they deserve, but

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement