Start by marking “Henry Reed's Think Tank” as Want to Read:
Henry Reed's Think Tank

Henry Reed's Think Tank

(Henry Reed #5)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  184 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
When Henry and Midge set themselves up as consultants for the residents of Grover's Corner, they get into a lot of trouble themselves before eventually solving the problems presented to them.
Published October 23rd 1986 by Viking Juvenile

To ask other readers questions about Henry Reed's Think Tank, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henry Reed's Think Tank

Mike
May 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: completed-series
This closes out the Henry Reed series. Five adventures, covering three summers in the youth of an American boy who visits his aunt and uncle in rural New Jersey.

Time for a quick round of "compare and contrast"; this book comes after a 16 year gap from his fourth tale, and I feel it shows in a lot of ways.

First, in the details: Henry's world in Henry Reed, Inc. is 1958, with writing done by typewriter and reproduction by a print shop; travel for kids by foot, bicycle or sometimes horse. Families
Vaughn Ohlman
Jan 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Having grown to a man's estate one of the things I appreciate most about a children's book is when it includes a subtext for adults; and the Henry Reed series is marvelous at this task. While the younger children laugh with Henry and Midge's adventures and misadventures, the older children and adults can laugh along with Uncle Al's running commentary and comparisons between Henry and his mother.

Another very enjoyable part of this book and this series was the glimpse back into another culture; on
Eyehavenofilter
Sep 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Thus is a story of times gone by. Think tanks are a term of the past that some still long for.... and this is New England's answer to Mayberry U.S.A. It's just so old fashioned that its a bit dated and yet something we tend to miss. The kids charge for their " brilliant" ideas... But are totally clueless when it comes to others feelings and needs.. Priceless!
Rick Stuckwisch
Dec 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
We ended up reading this final Henry Reed book out of order, ahead of the one that precedes it, but it was still fine. Really great series. I'd recommend it to those who have enjoyed the Little House books and the Great Brain series. I was pleasantly surprised that this installment, written many years later than the original books, was still quite fresh and fit nicely with its predecessors.
Ms. Yingling
Apr 21, 2013 rated it liked it

Since I could not remember any time travel in Henry Reed (and I'm sorry to say that there isn't any, Anamaria), and I am always longing to reread some of my favorites in the spring, I brought home this last book in the series. Henry is spending another summer in Grover's Corners, since his parents are in Manila (!) and want him to have access to "American activities" like baseball games and decent hamburgers and milkshakes. He and Midge decide to try a different business, and since consulting i
Jeandana
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
As usual with any book starring the amazing Henry Reed and Midge Glass, I loved this book! Only these two characters would think of the plots they put into action. One thing I really like about these books is the way there are multiple side plots running together in each chapter. An amazing book - no other way to put it. If you want some light hearted reading that will make it feel like summer, no matter what the weather, this is a book for you!
Jordan
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: outread-aubrey
More like three and a half. Not quite as good as some of the others, but still fun.
Tiffany
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another fun children's book from a (not-to-distant) bygone era {okay--this one was published in the 80s!}. I like Henry. I like Midge.
Caleb
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I liked it. It's about how they have a think tank and they solve people problems like one girl wants to get a bigger allowance. So they make a survey and she gets a bigger allowance.
Kate
Dec 07, 2016
Scribe
Jul 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Rose Cottage Tales (Tumtum and Nutmeg #4-6)
  • Centerburg Tales: More Adventures of Homer Price
  • Winona's Pony Cart (Deep Valley, #3)
  • Tirzah
  • A Pair of Red Clogs
  • Mrs Coverlet's Magicians
  • Peril and Peace: Chronicles of the Ancient Church (History Lives #1)
  • Drover's Secret Life (Hank the Cowdog, #53)
  • The Black Star of Kingston (The Green Ember #0.5; Tales of Old Natalia #1)
  • Ben and Me: An Astonishing Life of Benjamin Franklin by His Good Mouse Amos
  • Harry Cat's Pet Puppy
  • Katie Meets The Impressionists
  • Seasons of a Mother's Heart
  • Basil of Baker Street (Basil of Baker Street, #1)
  • Pretzel
  • Winter Story
  • Over the Gate (Fairacre, #5)
  • Jotham's Journey: A Storybook for Advent
Keith Robertson was born on May 9, 1914 in Dows, Iowa. He joined the Navy in 1931, and served as a radioman on a destroyer. Later, he attended the United States Naval Academy, graduating with a B.S. degree. He attributed his initial decision to study at the Academy to a "fanatical aversion to washing dishes." He said, "When I discovered that midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy did not wa ...more

Henry Reed (5 books)