Start by marking “Our Rough Beast: The Year of Trump” as Want to Read:
Our Rough Beast: The Year of Trump

Our Rough Beast: The Year of Trump

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
OUR ROUGH BEAST is a sequel to THE DONALD TRUMP OF THE REPUBLIC, published by FootHills in May, 2016. That book was prophetic. OUR ROUGH BEAST continues the series with satiric poems that chronicle the year after the 2016 presidential election.
Paperback, Hand-stitched chapbook, 43 pages
Published 2017 by FootHills Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Our Rough Beast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Rough Beast

it was amazing 5.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  1 review

Jackie Craven
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
For these scary times, here are 31 biting poems from a writer known for wickedly comic fables and deft use of form. Bruce Bennett satirized the 2016 presidential campaign in The Donald Trump of the Republic. His new chapbook, Our Rough Beast, builds on the theme, responding to election after-shock and the early months of Trump's presidency.

Opening the collection, the title poem is a formal sonnet that echoes Yeats' "The Second Coming." Often quoted by political columnists, the Yeats poem descri
Sophie
marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2019
Bruce Bennett is is the author of ten books of poetry and more than two dozen poetry chapbooks. He co-founded the Ploughshares journal in Cambridge, MA in 1970. In 2015 he received the first annual Writing the Rockies Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Creative Writing, which was presented at the Writing The Rockies Conference at Western State Colorado University.

Libraria