Jump to ratings and reviews

Preload #4

Lennon Reborn

Lennon McCartney is not a broken man. Because being broken implies being whole once. When a horrific accident deprives him of the one thing he loves―his talent as a fierce and explosive drummer―Lennon is left with a life chained by an abusive mother, by crushing guilt over a tragic past. A life he doesn’t want.

Dr. Georgia Starr is a legend. She’s one of the most successful neurosurgeons in the world, coming from a long-line of respected New York doctors. Her life is built around solving complex medical cases in order to bring relief and hope to sick children. But the one problem she can’t solve is how to live her life. How to be shake loose the burden of being her elitist, arrogant father’s daughter. How to be free.

Can a man who despises his life and a woman who desperately needs to live find the answers, and love, with each other?

384 pages, Kindle Edition

First published May 1, 2018

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Scarlett Cole

27 books1,837 followers
Four-time RITA finalist, Scarlett Cole, is a contemporary romantic suspense / contemporary romance author (represented by Louise Fury at The Bent Agency) who calls both Toronto, Canada and Manchester, England home. A born city dweller, she periodically quashes the urge to live in the country by hiking up a mountain to remind herself that living away from people would terrify the pants off her.

She believes everybody deserves their love story to be told and loves her heroes on the rough and rugged side…and usually tall (because she married one of those 6ft 6” men you read about in romance!). She’s an A-type personality and Scorpio star sign, so good luck getting her to do anything she doesn’t want to.

When she isn’t writing, she’s happy to talk hot men and expensive shoes while drinking a cold gin and tonic. Don’t bring up olives. As far as Scarlett is concerned, they are the devil’s food. As long as you don’t bring up olives, she’s happy to hear from any time.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/scarlettcole/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/itsscarlettcole
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ItsScarlettCole
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2FNTzyC
BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/scarl...
Newsletter sign-up: http://www.scarlettcole.com/contact

If you want to know more about Scarlett's books, visit her at:
www.scarlettcole.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
16 (1%)
1 star
5 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 266 reviews
Profile Image for Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth.
792 reviews858 followers

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

You know an author did a great job writing a character when you ache, sympathize and grieve with a character. Scarlett Cole definitely did that for me with Lennon.

Lennon is Preload's drummer, the guy in the background yet an integral part of the band, leading their songs with his rhythm. On the outside you wouldn't see the demons he is hiding but look into his eyes, if he lets you, and you'll see the darkness that lies over his thoughts. Lennon had a god-awful childhood. It's what nightmares are made of and the guilt he carries presses down on him every day. The reasons he still carries on without breaking are his band mates and his music. When fate takes his music away he is on the precipice of just giving up. This is where my heart just shattered. The man who didn't have much left to live to begin with was coming apart at the seams.

The person who saves him in every imaginable way is Dr. Georgia Starr, a neurosurgeon with a stellar career and the potential of being the best in her field. She is a true New Yorker - she loves the city, her apartment that holds so many memories of her mentor and confidante, her grandfather. It's the only real love she experienced from a family member. Saving Lennon's life is a pivotal point in her own life. Georgia is full of admiration but also sorrow for this young man who doesn't seem to be able to find his footing again and she wants nothing more than to be there for Lennon and help him.
“Take care of me,” he whispered against her neck. “I’m lost, Gia.”

Lennon is such an intense, tragic character. I wanted to wrap him up in bubble wrap and keep all the monsters at bay for him. He is so haunted by his demons, you could feel how he was trying to battle them, and at the same time he is so exhausted of doing just that. I can't count how many times I was afraid he would give in and let them take him away. How lonely he must have felt that he thought that he couldn't talk to the people closest to him, the brothers he grew up with. How desperate he must have been because he thought people would leave him if he told them about his past. How often he wanted to tell the people he loved his thoughts, his feelings yet between his heart and his mouth the words didn't get out. He never gets whiny in a "woe-is-me" sort of way and I loved that. Lennon did have some very valid reasons to feel the way he did. My heart took quite a beating from him.

Georgia is a kind and sweet heroine, ambitious with a bite that took her through university and made her become one of the leading neurosurgeons at a very young age. Her father was a spiteful, jealous man but as they say - blood is thicker than water and she still looked for his approval. When Lennon enters her life she feels an instant pull. When Lennon acts out she gives him some tough love, she doesn't let him use excuses for the way he deals with his fate. She calls him out on it - I loved that she never did it harshly. There was always an undertone of deep care about it and it was crystal clear to me why Lennon fell in love with her. She coaxed him out of his walls and when she was proud about his small victories against the darkness I knew she deserved this wonderful, damaged young man.
He knew he’d been gruff and unpredictable and wished he was better able to manage his moods, but when it came to her, she was like the break of sun on a rain-filled day.

Both of these characters are in need of healing and are exactly for one another what is required to make them whole again. I loved Lennon's and Gia's journey. While there was a lot of angst it never got overwhelming. I am truly happy how this story turned out - it's pure beauty packed in a fast and satisfying read.

Scarlett Cole is a talented author with a respectable number of released books under her belt. The books in this series are all standalone but Lennon Reborn made me curious about the other members of Preload. The way they showed their love for each other, how they were there whenever Lennon needed them, just made me want to get to know them too. Since I have most of her books already waiting for me on my Kindle I'm ready to go back to the start and meet Lennon's brothers who may not be family by blood but in every way that counts.

**Trigger warning: this story deals with darker themes and suicide

Profile Image for Alex ♈.
1,568 reviews1,139 followers
December 13, 2018

Very emotional book.
Amazing heroine, God bless such beautiful, strong and loyal people! She had a heart of gold 💖

Good hero, I felt for and with him. He had his best luck with this incredible heroine.
His inner monologues were exhausting, but I understood why he doubted himself.

The conflict toward the end 'damaged' his character a bit for me... I had a feeling she gave up more for him than he for her.

And I wished for more epilogue. A baby or two would sweeten the deal 😉
Profile Image for Sabrina.
3,088 reviews1,890 followers
NOW LIVE!
Amazon US * Amazon UK

Lennon's book is one that I was very excited for after meeting his character in the previous novels. I knew there was a lot of pain in his past and I couldn't wait to see him get the HEA he deserved. The author couldn't have done a better job with this book and I was so happy Lennon got the perfect ending.

Lennon and Georgia had a very emotional story and I loved that those emotions brought out many different parts from these characters. The more I read the more I felt like I knew them and I really liked that about the story. It didn't just open up to two characters with their pain right there on the surface, instead you kind of had to dig to see why they were hurting.

This author did an amazing job of depicting how Lennon and Georgia faced that pain together. After they met they both decided that they needed to help the other and put all of their energy into that and I loved how selfless they were in those scenes.

Bottom line, I loved these characters and their connection and theirs is a story I will certainly recommend.

ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Jen.
1,654 reviews978 followers
June 4, 2018
WOW!!! What a book! This was an emotional, gripping conclusion to the Preload series. I am very sad to have to say goodbye to my tortured but sweet rocker men. Over this series of four books...I have loved these men as if I knew them personally! Each of their stories were very emotional to read; but none more than Lennon's. My heart bled for Lennon, for not only what he had gone through in his past; but for what tragedy happened in his present. My goodness, had he not been through enough torment through his life? I was actually mad at the author at first...I felt like she had cheated Lennon out of anything good for him. I'm not going to lie...the journey that he went through was brutal. It was hard to watch; but like he said more than once..."meeting his Gia became his silver lining through it all." I have never been so grateful to a heroine before...( usually I am just jealous!!! Or I don't feel they are good enough for my heroes!! LOL) Georgia/ Gia was just what Lennon needed and deserved!!!I loved how they were together..and how she was able to see through Lennon's walls, and help break them down!

This series has put Scarlett Cole at an auto buy for me! I love all of her stories...some more than others...but her writing is just my style! The five guys she created for the band Preload were some very sexy men!! What I fell in love with them the most though, was their loyalty to one another. They met in a group home when they were kids, and the bond that developed between them all was unbreakable. Even though they were traumatized by the events in their pasts, they were able to be their for one another. All of them felt unworthy to be loved, or cared for; but they had each other...and they made that work for a lot of their lives. Watching each of their journey through the healing process, and finding love was such a beautiful thing! I won't ever forget this series...and I am so sad to say goodbye. I hope that more readers will give this series a chance...it really is a wonderful escape, and I highly recommend getting familiar with the heartthrobs of Preload...they won't disappoint!!!
Profile Image for AvidReader.
1,093 reviews195 followers
November 6, 2018
This book certainly amazed me.
I tend to stay away from Rockstar and hollywood romance books as a rule. But because of a fellow goodreaders recommendation and review I decided to give it a chance. Especially after she gave me guarantee about safety.
When I read the blurb I thought the story will start after hero looses his hand in accident. Unfortunately it didn’t and I was holding my breath for that particular scene. Because of that I could understand the characters and their lives before the accident. It gives you a feeling that you are also living with the hero through the tragedy and slow healing.
Both main characters were amazing. Heroine was older than hero with depth-strength and character. The past of hero made me shed a tear or two. His healing journey was pretty amazing. What I most loved about him was his willpower and determination to find himself again and to be a better person for heroine. And couldn’t stop myself from writing about secondary characters. Their love for hero and their friendship are envious.
Annnnd I also learned about Alexander Esguerra and his invention (wink*wink).
Eventhough it took me time to get in the story and emotion the second half of the book is what I enjoyed the most. That is also the reason I added and extra star.
Epilogue was utterly amazing. I loved the ending.

Favorite line : “ Never in a million years did I think I would ever get to say I love you to someone, Georgia. Thank you for letting it to be you, even if it wasn’t enough..”
Recommended.
Profile Image for ♥Rachel♥.
1,802 reviews830 followers
May 15, 2018
Can I just say I loved Lennon Reborn?!!

Lennon Reborn is a rocker romance, which usually gives me pause since I always worry about outside influences ruining the relationship. So much temptation. But this story is not your typical rocker romance and other women, groupies have zero factor in the story.

This is book four in the Preload series, but I haven’t read the previous and it didn’t have a negative impact my enjoyment.

Lennon is the drummer for Preload, a rock band born from boys growing up together in a group/foster home. As you’d expect, Lennon has issues from his childhood, and even though the bandmates and their families are like Lennon’s family, he’s always felt like the outsider in the bunch. He hasn’t fully shared the details that led him to the group home as an adolescent, not fully letting anyone close or inside all his chaotic thoughts. Lennon believes himself defective, unworthy of love, the Tin Man from Wizard of Oz, without a true heart. Of course, all his actions and interactions with his bandmates and others prove him wrong if he’d just pay attention and let some of the walls he’s built down.

All this is rattling around as the band has an accident and Lennon is badly injured. Georgia Starr, a brilliant pediatric neurosurgeon, is smack in the middle of things and ends up playing a huge role in Lennon’s road to recovery and overcoming his past demons.

Georgia has her own issues to deal with as well. Her life is pretty much all work with very little play. She was raised *pressured* to be the best, and yet that doesn’t ever seem good enough for her snob of a father. Georgia’s father was a condescending jerk!

Lennon was a sweet, loving, soulful man, despite his claims otherwise. I just loved this man so much! Georgia was also lovely, and down to earth; respectful of Lennon’s need to do things on his own. She supported without suffocating or emasculating Lennon in the process. Their romance progressed quickly but still felt natural. The romance felt realistic while still being all kinds of hot!

I’ve read a romantic suspense/action/thriller story from Scarlett Cole in the past, and really loved it, but I’m don’t gravitate towards rocker romances. However, Lennon Reborn was captivating and moving, so I’m glad I took a chance! I would love to go back and read the prior books in this series since Cole’s writing is hard to put down!

A copy was kindly provided by Swerve via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Profile Image for Jennifer.
2,415 reviews68 followers
March 23, 2018
ARC received for review

OH MY!!!! This was so good, but I seriously wanted to smack Ms. Cole at the beginning. I cried several times while reading Lennon's HEA. Georgia was so good for Lennon. They smoked it up in the bedroom and various other places. Her father is a real sh*t head...big, huge arse. Loved seeing all the other members of Preload and their ladies. I'm so sad there's no more members to read about.
Profile Image for Carvanz.
2,023 reviews685 followers
April 29, 2018
Oh my gawd!!! My heart was literally shredded over Lennon and all he had survived in his life. A more broken hero, I’ve never met. If ever there was a man that needed unconditional love it was him. His thoughts were so dark, his heart unable to acknowledge anything other than rejection. With a soul that had been bleeding his whole life, Lennon was unable to find any freedom from the pain inflicted upon it. He knew with certainty that there was nothing out there for him. My soul bled for him in return.

Fate brought Georgia and Lennon together at one traumatic moment that would change Lennon’s life in so many different ways. Even as she lays her hand upon him to reassure him of her presence, she can feel the jolt of life that resides inside of him, a recognition that he has so much more to give. And so, her fight begins.

Lennon had the most atrocious childhood imaginable. While his bandmates find love, peace and happiness, he’s still on the sidelines as a place holder, waiting for the moment when they will walk away from him. When Georgia forces herself into his life with her nonjudgmental manner and cool professionalism, he finds moments of time when the aching need to just end it all fades away.

My gawd, did I respect the heck out of Georgia! She took on a task that most would’ve walked away from. And more importantly, she refused to go into this relationship with anything other than truth. There were no games played here. No lies told to protect themselves. When it might have been easier at times to toss out a blasé comment, they held tight to being who they were. A very rare occurrence in romance books.

There is so much more to Lennon Reborn than just boy meets girl, etc. It was so freaking heart breaking, I mean truly heart breaking. I cried so much over Lennon’s abusive past, his present as he struggled to accept his current status, and the future that he was too afraid to hope for. There are layers upon layers to Lennon and Georgia and I absolutely adored every one that was revealed.

All of that to say: This, my friends, is a true love story, not just a romance. A love story.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book provided by NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Dual POV
description

4 “Grey's Anatomy & Rock'n'Roll” Stars

ARC via NetGalley.

Thank you, Swerve!

Here are the things I've said about this book before it was probably even written:

"I'm still so very much in love with all the band members, and dying to get my hands on the next titles. I'm guessing Lennon's story will reduce me to ashes, so I'm here...not-so-patiently waiting for that." - Review of Elliot Redeemed.

"While I have to say Lennon’s book is the one I’m most anxious about, I had a good time reading Nikan Rebuilt. It was a little different than what I expected, and maybe lower on the suspense and angst vibe than the previous titles in the series, but it was a pleasant read." - Review of Nikan Rebuilt.

So, yeah, I've been anxiously awaiting Lennon's book for a long time.

I'm glad to say it didn't disappoint.

Sure, it wasn't as angsty as I had imagined and sort of hoped for, but it was still a great and emotional read.

Lennon and Jordan are my favorite Preload members, so I couldn't be happier that Scarlett chose those two to start and end this great series. I'm sad to see all of them go, but at least I got to do it while finally learning more about Lennon, the drummer who acts like a jerk but is made of insecurities, trauma and a lot of love for his bandmates.

The story starts with a BOOM when a tragic event brings a huge chance into Lennon's life, forcing him to stay away from the only thing he thinks makes life worth living. I won't get into details because I believe going in blind is the best strategy, but I'll say I was shocked and a little pissed at the author for adding that trauma to Lennon's already long list. Having sad that, this choice made perfect sense considering everything Lennon believed about his worth and everything he learned throughout the book.

What followed were scenes that made me tear up. I got extremely emotional when he first realized what had happened and broke down, when he grieved what he had lost, when Petal stopped by and when he got a picture of her holding something he gave her...

description

I have to say this, though. I missed more of interactions between Lennon and his bandmates/brothers. I wished there had been more of that. The few interactions we got between them were stellar, especially the epilogue.

But since this is a romance, it makes sense that most of the book was focused on Georgia, the amazing woman tragedy brought into Lennon's life. With everything going on, Georgia was exactly the person Lennon needed to help him stay strong and go on with his life--she was extremely smart, patient and understanding. She didn't understimate his pain and suffering. She didn't try to sugarcoat the situation. She stayed by his side through all the bad moments and they finally got their well-deserved happy ending.

Again, I wished their relationship had been a little more angsty, but I was satisfied with the way things played out. I was also satisfied that, despite being a major influence in Lennon's new life, Georgia wasn't the only answer. It was Lennon's love for his family, as well as for Georgia, that made him want to adapt to his new life and keep going.

There were tons of touching messages and moments in this story and in the series overall. I'm so happy I got to read it from start to finish, and that the epilogue was the perfect addition. After everything those guys went through, they deserved their happy ending.
Profile Image for AJ.
2,802 reviews913 followers
April 4, 2018
Beautiful! Love all the feels. Lennon owns my heart!

The final book in the Preload series, and Scarlett Cole has given us another heartwrenchingly emotional story, this time featuring Preload drummer, Lennon. We were given a glimpse of his story in the last book of the series, and I have been desperate to get my hands on this book, and it didn’t disappoint. Tragically heartbreaking, wonderfully uplifting and beautifully romantic, this book was everything I was hoping it would be, and I loved it!

Lennon considers himself the outsider to the Preload boys. He grew up in the same group home with them, he has ridden the wave of success with them, and been with them through the ups and downs of them each finding love, family and happiness. But that only makes him feel more alone. And knowing that his place within the group came at a great price, he lives with guilt and the fear of rejection hanging over him.

Dr Georgia Starr is a gifted Neurosurgeon. From a family of Neurosurgeons, she has worked hard to get where she is, but it never seems to be enough for her demanding father. She has spent years searching for his approval and love, but hasn’t received either, and her life is her work, with little time for anything else.

It is a tragic circumstance that brings Lennon and Georgia together, but the intensity of their meeting changes both of them in ways neither of them saw coming.

Holy damn, I knew this book was going to be intense, but wow! Cole took this story in a direction I didn’t see coming, and Lennon’s life is changed forever, leaving him broken and completely lost. Desperate to help the man that she is so undeniably attracted to, Georgia pushes her way into his life, being his support and his shoulder to lean on. And though Lennon is dealing with new challenges and feelings he has never experienced before, the struggles that he has been dealing with his whole life are still very much a part of him, creating a clusterfuck of emotion that he has no idea how to deal with.

Come back.
Don’t go.
I get that I’m a fuck-up.
You should leave.
Go.
Before I bring you down with me.
I promise I’ll take care of you like you take care of me.
Just be here with me.
Let me be enough.
For fucking once, let me be enough.

Oh, how my heart ached for this poor, lost man. All of the Preload boys have had a hellish upbringing, but as the full extent of what Lennon has been through is revealed, I raged at the unfairness of it all, of the horror that he has been living with, and I wanted to hug him so bad! But Georgia is there by his side, not willing to let him go, and from tragedy and heartaching despair, something beautiful begins to grow.

“Take care of me,” he whispered against her neck. “I’m lost, Gia.”

This is such a beautiful romance. I could feel the attraction between them, and their feelings develop beautifully and realistically. But the thing that stood out for me about these two was their honesty. They hold nothing back from each other. They talk about what they are feeling, about the difficulties they are facing, and about what it is they want from each other, and I freaking loved it! Lennon has issues connecting with people, and Georgia hasn’t experienced love before, so watching them be so open with each other as they find their way forward was something so, so special, and I loved watching it all unfold for them.

“You aren’t making my life harder. I’m a fucking mess. I’ve always been. But this…you and me,” he said, gesturing between the two of them. He shook his head. “Honestly, you’re a fucking rainbow in my gray sky. You’re the only bit of color I have. And I don’t know what to do about that.”

Lennon’s journey through this book is so well written. With all that he has been through, and continues to deal with, I could completely understand him hitting rock bottom. Him opening up to Georgia takes such amazing strength, and the way he was able to admit his vulnerabilities and open up his heart was amazing and beautiful to see. And Georgia freaking rocked my world. She is such a strong heroine, and I love how she had Lennon’s back. She was there for him through every moment, even when he tried to push her away, and her strength and openness with him was just fantastic.

“I have no idea how things are going to turn out. But I’m here for you, and I’ll pick you up a thousand times over if that’s what is required to get you through this.

And just as gorgeous was Lennon’s relationship with the Preload boys. These guys are closer than brothers. They have each other’s backs unquestionably, and as much as I love their camaraderie and joking around, when they get serious with each other, it’s heart-clenchingly beautiful.

“I know what it feels like to feel like there’s no way out. However dark and small that fucking tunnel feels like right now, I promise you that the light at the end of it is going to blind the fucking shit out of you. Let it, brother, because when it does, it’s a thing of beauty.”

But even with all of the drama and emotion, there are still moments of lightness. Lennon and Georgia laugh and tease, there are lots of sweet times, and of course the sexy time is hot and steamy with a healthy dose of dirty talk. The Preload family also bring some laughs with their antics, and it all works together to provide a wonderful balance with the intensity of the rest of the story.

“I don’t know that I can deal with sincere Lennon,” Nik said. “It’s fucking weird.”

I loved this book. It’s not an easy journey for Lennon and Georgia, but I loved watching them both take on all of those challenges and find their way forward together

“I’m begging you to keep hold of me. To not let me go. I’m not that man anymore, I promise, but I’m not who I’m meant to be yet either. I want to go on that journey of discovering who I am with you.” Lennon pressed his lips to hers. “I’m a better man with you than I ever was before. Let me prove to you that all this will be worth it.”

Swoooooooooooooon!!!

This was a wonderful end to the series, with an epilogue that gives us a little glimpse into the future and finishes everything off beautifully. Having said that, though, I would love any opportunity to read about these boys again!

Loved it. 4.5 stars.

An Advanced Review Copy was generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

Profile Image for Nadine Bookaholic.
3,557 reviews307 followers
May 5, 2018
This has been an emotional series but Lennon, holy cow, I really don’t know what to say. This story had me in tears for the majority of the book. Before chapter two ended I had huge tears rolling uncontrollably down my face, I shouldn't have been reading while in public because I knew this would happen but I just couldn't put the book down. We start the story off with a life altering event in not only Lennon's life but the life of his band mates and their families as well. This event is where Lennon first meets Georgia, and thankfully she doesn't listen to him....smart woman! and that's all I can say about that.

You can read my full #BookReview along with an #excerpt and #giveaway here: https://nadineisobsessedwithbooks.blo...

Profile Image for Treena.
1,341 reviews78 followers
May 5, 2018
Oh. WOW. Now, this is a freaking R-O-M-A-N-C-E.

I think I've said it before: The Preload gang has a special place in my heart bec of the setting --- my own Toronto 🇨🇦. This fact makes things more vivid and real for me bec I can picture where everything occurs bec I've actually been to the places mentioned in the book. But more than this, I love this series bec it's Scarlett Cole's beautiful way with words, with storytelling, that captures my heart.

Gah. She took me on such a emotional journey with Lennon and Georgia. At times, reading about Lennon's life was hard --- you'll need your tissues, I'm telling you --- but boy, the blossoming and rebirth (ha!) is an outcome that will have your heart full of feels and happiness for Lennon and Georgia.

For fans of the series, I think you'll love this conclusion to the series as much as I did.

Thank you to NetGalley for generously giving me an ARC.
Profile Image for Michelle.
1,462 reviews122 followers
March 21, 2018
What's an amazing story.

A lifetime of second
The power of first
A choice to replace
A blessing or curse?

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

This book was just amazing, the story was just so so good. I was hooked from the very start I couldn't get enough of it. Lennon has been a character that's I 've want more of since the start of The Preload series. Lennon has been through so much in his life but he doesn't show is feels. He has never been showed love until he met his preload family. Being put into Maisy and Ellen home was the best thing that ever happened to him. He finds it hard to express his feeling even with his family now. Lennon shows this arrogant side to him but deep down isn't like that at all. His story is so heart breaking I just want to hug him. In this book it's not just his past that still haunts him he has to get over the worst thing that could ever happen to him.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Georgia is a neurosurgeon and has worked her backside off to get where she is. All her family are or have been neurosurgeon so she alway knew what she wanted to be. But the pressure her family on her is crazy. Georgia as worked so hard and has done better than any of her family but they don't show any pride in her. All the do is criticize her. My heart goes out to her, father is just is the worst I just can't stand him the way he treats her is just horrible. Georgia is a strong woman and stands up for herself which I love. She doesn't have much time for herself she work most of her time with her job is very demanding. But when she sees a bus crash on her way to get brothers party she finds herself helping to save the people in it. Georgia didn't think she would find the most gorgeous man tangled in the mess.

“I’m . . . tired . . . of my life . Just . . . let me . . . go.”

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com

Lennon and Georgia story is just brilliant. The way she get him to open up to her is so good. Seeing the change in Lennon is crazy he has alway been the one to keep to his self he never felt good enough to be with the guys or have someone's love. But Georgia understand him she knows when he is turning to a dark place. There connection is just so strong he needs Georgia in his life. She has to fight to get close but once she is there she isn't letting go and neither is Lennon.

"You’re more than just the beat of the band, Lennon. More than just a fucking brilliant drummer. Our rhythm’s been off without you. Not as Preload, but as a five. As brothers. You keep us grounded. You are the heartbeat of our family. It hasn’t been the same without you.”

This book broke me in so many ways. I think I cried at nearly every chapter. I knew Lennon had been through so much in his life but God he had to deal with so more. I understand why he is the way he is. But seeing the change in him was so good and this has me balling my eyes out. I 've loved this series from the very start. Everyone of the Preload guys have been through so much. I love the way the books are written. Scarlett doesn't do things by halves she goes into great detail with everything and it makes the story addictive. I sometime wonder what goes on in that head of hers cause everyone of her books are so different and so amazing. Sometimes I do think she is trying to kill me in a good way haha. I would highly recommend this book. The story is perfect it's passionate sexy emotional and loving. I m actually really sad that this series is over. I really don't want it to end every book is amazing and so are the Preload guys. I hope we get to see them again and I m dying to see what Scarlett is goin to come up with next.

Free Image Hosting at FunkyIMG.com
Profile Image for Mindy Lou's Book Review.
2,630 reviews605 followers
April 26, 2018
What an incredible ending to the series. All these men of Preload have not had a great upbringing into life but I think Lennon's story completely broke my heart. We only got to see him be a jerk in the previous books. I wasn't sure how his book would go at all. I completely felt for him from the very start. He was so tortured and after learning about his childhood I just wanted to hug him so bad.

You would think one of the most successful neurosurgeons that come from a family of neurosurgeons would not be a good fit for a tortured rocker. I thought it was brilliant the way the author brought him to a heroine that on the outside to seem to have it all and yet she struggled with her own demons that involved her family.

These two made sense together. They both crave love and to see them be so brave with each other was beautiful to read. I love how honest they were with each other and how they brought so much good from each other. They have become one of my favorite couples and I wish to see more like them.

I'm sad to see this series over but so happy to see all of these men find their happily ever afters. Such a great series! ARC provided by NetGalley.
Profile Image for Simply Love Book Reviews.
6,893 reviews819 followers
April 30, 2018

I knew, flat out knew that Scarlett Cole was going to wreck me with Lennon Reborn and yet there was no way I was not going to read this book. Each and every book in this series has been phenomenal and each couple has had to work for their happily ever after and none more so than Lennon and Georgia who some might say met at the worst time in Lennon’s life, but I prefer to think that they met one another when they both needed each other the most. I loved every twisted, gut wrenching, sad,life affirming, sweet, and sexy moment of this unique and fantastic love story.

Lennon McCartney’s life was forever changed when he wound up in a group boy’s home where he found acceptance and a love of music. As one of the best drummers in rock and roll, Lennon has loved making music with his “brothers” and their band Preload is on the rise, but Lennon has been feeling out of sorts as his band mates have all found love and he knows for someone like him love isn’t an option.

When Dr. Georgia Starr comes upon a bus accident she knows it isn’t good, but the last thing she expects is to find a man who asks her to just let him go. Being a doctor, that isn’t possible for her and she wouldn’t have because there was something about that man that called out to her.

This book was filled with ups and downs and twists and turns and through it all Georgia held everyone together. I loved how strong she was and that even when Lennon was doing his best to make her crazy she always had his best interest at heart. Lennon’s childhood is the stuff of nightmares and Georgia’s wasn’t so peach either but they gave to each other the strength and acceptance to persevere and together they came out stronger.

I did a series re-read before I began Lennon Reborn and I’m so glad I did as it allowed me to see each of the characters from the beginning, the way their relationship as friends changed as women were added into their group, and the unwavering love they had for one another despite the hard times.

While not a pretty romance, Lennon Reborn was an emotional, sexy, and fulfilling story of two people who are thrown together by chance and find a love they never expected. Parting is such sweet sorrow, but Preload goes out on a very high note!
Profile Image for Rachael*Caribbean*girl*bibliophile.
1,591 reviews311 followers
October 22, 2019
Spoilers ahead,

On the road with his band members and their families a truck runs into their bus. Lennon the supposed spoiled manchild of the group and their talented drummer suffers a broken hand. When he opens his eyes and sees Gia over him he begs her to let him go....instead she saved his life. Already deeply troubled from a horrific childhood and insecure about his value to the band Lennon now has to face life as a drummer...... missing a hand

Gia Starr is one of the Starr's of New York, a prominent family of neurosurgeons except Gia is nothing like her father and brothers. She very talented, dedicated and genuinely cares about her tiny patients rather than the prestige of her position. When she saved Lennon's life she can't get the rocker off her mind, when he pushed his family to leave New York and return to their lives Gia decides to be his friend in New York. She gets him an apartment in her building and they start off as friends but while Gia tres to help Lennon heal he's teaching her to truly let go and live a little.....but with lives in different countries tough decisions are around the corner

**************
This author apparently knows how to get my eyes to leak! This was another emotional rollercoaster with the final member of Preload. Lennon too had a horrific childhood that brought tears to my eyes, because he wasn't thought how to love and bond from his early years, he's always held people at a distance. He doesn't believe himself capable of loving anyone until the accident shakes up his life.

He had set backs, times he turned to alcohol, times his inner voices told him he wasn't good enough but he persevered to the end and got his hea

Gia is an h I truly admired, she was so hardworking and dedicated but she was also 100% supportive of Lennon and I loved how much she helped him on his road to recovery without losing herself in the process

The bromance between the guys was another highlight for me....big, tatted up rock stars not afraid to tell their brother that they loved him? Um yes please!

We know Lennon too was a manwhore but there's none of that here, just a really emotional journey to true love

Again quite a bit of internal monologue but I really enjoyed this one nevertheless

We get a nice epilogue with a peak at the guys as well, (Elliott and Kendalee with their babies as well as a seemingly healthy Daniel just made my day) and we see Lennon being able to play again. One tiny complaint was that we get an engagement for him but no baby news but that's just me being greedy

Childhood abuse and death of a sibling
H was a manwhore rocker but it wasn't in any way an issue here
Older h/younger H
Profile Image for Rosa Sharon (iScream Book Blog).
1,867 reviews294 followers
April 13, 2018
"Lennon was existing, but he wasn't living."

She did it, she went there. She ripped my heart out and she's not even sorry. She gave me one of my favorite things, a very broken bad boy, and she made me love him. She put me inside his head and showed me his past and his pain. What the hell am I supposed to do with an author like that? #StalkHer

Of course all of the members of Preload are broken to varying degrees. They formed their self-made family in foster care and continued it as bandmates. But Lennon...sigh. 💔

Georgia has been pushing herself her whole life. Trying to live up to her family's expectations and hoping to someday make her father proud. She highly successful and respected in her field, but of course that's not good enough for her father. She puts everything into her work, leaving no time for herself. She never even realized that something was missing in her life until it was brought to her attention by a sexy drummer. She thought to herself that "If they used his body in grade-nine biology textbooks, she was certain there wouldn't be a problem with the number of young girls showing an interest in science." She wasn't a young girl anymore, but she wanted to study every inch of him...

Lennon has been keeping his secrets and his pain to himself for years. He cares for his band brothers deeply, but he keeps his walls up and won't let them all the way in. He's always protecting himself from the eventual pain of losing them. He hides his problems and fears with moodiness and jokes. The only person to ever see past his bullshit and call him on it is Georgia. She seems to see the real him that he never shows to anyone else. She pushes him and challenges him to fight for what he wants. She makes him want to be a better man. "Honestly, you're the fucking rainbow in my gray sky. You're the only bit of color I have." But years of silence make it hard to share his demons. Will telling her his secrets draw her closer, or will it send her running faster? Will he be brave enough to find out?

I have really enjoyed every single book in this amazing series. The Preload family is complete now and it saddens me to know that I've reached the end of their story. I'm not ready for it to be over. I'm so very glad that my #RockstarRomanceAddiction put Scarlett Cole on my radar and now that she's there she can't hide from me. I'm anxious to get my hands on whatever she has for her readers next. The line forms here...
Profile Image for Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms.
2,704 reviews330 followers
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Lennon Reborn is the perfect ending to the Preload series! Heavy on emotions, this story was simply beautiful!

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
Lennon Reborn packed more than a few punches, and I was so emotionally involved in his story it was hard to put down. The story started with a loud bang, and includes some dark themes and might trigger some readers. If you want to know what kind of trigger, please contact me privately.

I think Lennon's backstory is the one that touched me the most. It's a wonder he could even function at all with all he had to go through as a young child, and then through several foster homes until he found the Preload guys.

Lennon Reborn not only touches on a lot of difficult themes, though. There is a lot of hope, a little romance, and a lot of personal work to make their own life better - both on Lennon's and Georgia's part. I'm not going to say much more, because I think that the story will have a greater impact on readers if they don't really know what to expect.

It's bittersweet to say goodbye to my Preload guys, but I hope Ms. Cole will grant her fans a wish for a little something with the band in the future. Plus, there was a little wink towards another series by Ms. Cole, and that also makes me think I haven't seen the last of this band yet.
Characters:
Lennon, drummer extraordinaire, good friend, but bad with emotions.

Georgia, excellent doctor, but not so good at standing up for herself.
Writing style :
Lennon Reborn is written in close third person perspective, with an omniscient narrator who follows Georgia and Lennon.
Feels :
My heart shattered, like completely. But it was also put together again - and I was able to breathe normally by the end.

Fave Quotes - (un)Conventional Bookviews

But goddamn, that fucking smile of hers was going to kill him. It crept under the first layer of his skin. He wondered if she even realized the way the tip of her nose scrunched up when she was happy.

"There's an... honesty about you I can't stay away from."
"So, don't," Georgia said as he placed his hand on her hip and stepped away.
Profile Image for Lynsey A.
1,740 reviews
May 21, 2018
Well, by far this one is my favorite from this series. It had me so emotional I was pretty much crying on the airplane coming home. Amazingly and beautifully written. The scene with the crash at the beginning had me losing it and just made me want to hug Lennon so tightly.

This book ends the Preload series that Cole started from her Ink series (can't recall the name). I enjoyed this spin-off. We had some really gripping stories.

I didn't have the issues with this one as I did with the previous books. I was glad for that.

This is a nice ending to this series. Interested in what contemporary series she will start next.

Quotes & Faves:

“You aren’t making my life harder. I’m a fucking mess. I’ve always been. But this . . . you and me,” he said, gesturing between the two of them. He shook his head. “Honestly, you’re a fucking rainbow in my gray sky. You’re the only bit of color I have. And I don’t know what to do about that.”

He pulled her to him with so much force that she almost tripped, but he caught her. Would catch her a thousand times over . . . until she wasn’t his to catch anymore. And even then . . .

Lennon fell to his knees and sobbed before he could stop himself. Georgia sat down next to him and wrapped her in his arms. And he let her. He let a woman he wasn’t supposed to fall for hold him as years of hurt flooded out. Tears stained his face, his jeans, her perfect fucking dress.

Profile Image for Doris.
2,223 reviews81 followers
April 16, 2018
Outstanding!! If you were fortunate enough to read the first books in the Preload series you knew that Lennon’s story would be one that would break your heart and had you hoping that there would be a way for it to mend again. You thought it couldn’t get any worse for Lennon until that one fateful day when something so monumental changed his life yet again. How could one person deal with so much pain and still make it to the top of the rock world? It was his brothers he had that met in a home for boys that formed a special bond and not only became brothers in heart but bandmates as well.

Even though he recognized them as his “brothers” they were never able to truly get through all of Lennon’s walls he had built around his heart. It was self-preservation he had ingrained in him since a baby that put those walls in place. Would a famous neurosurgeon be able to help Lennon with his head and his heart? She had seen things in him that even at his lowest she knew she needed to be there for him. Georgia had her own dysfunctional family but from the high society world from which she came.

This is one of those reviews that you only hope to get through to people so they feel impelled to want them to read this story and this series because the author did such an outstanding job making her characters not only real but people who will hold a special place. How do you say goodbye to something that has touched you so much that it makes you think twice in how you view things in your world?! I am a true fan of Ms. Cole and this series she has gifted to us and hope others will get to read this work as well.

I received this ARC from NetGalley for a freely given and honest review.
Profile Image for Maria11.
1,825 reviews36 followers
April 24, 2018
Tissue alert!! Whole box tissue alert! Dang crying still...dang!

What a heart wrenching beautiful story. I am so touched! Lennon has my heart all messed up for him. He has such a shattered soul and then got a shattered body. You felt so much for him it made you upset that it seemed like more was being piled on him. His growth and strength throughout the story will touch you heart and even show you that you need to be grateful for what you have and those you love you. Georgia is wonderful too and she helps Lennon so much, but Lennon in his own way helps her to realize that with all the advantages her life is empty and she needs more.

Great book! Loved it, felt it, and got the message!

Received a copy from the publisher from NetGalley. Thank you for the awesome read!
Profile Image for Susan (susayq ~).
2,058 reviews120 followers
May 10, 2018
Get your tissues ready for this one cause Lennon will break your heart!

I just don't even know where to start. I was shedding tears within the first chapter. Lennon was so lost and broken and I just wanted to snuggle him. It killed me that he didn't see the love the rest of the band, his family, had for him, and that he didn't think he was worthy of it. And Georgia, who was just as broken in her own way. She was just what Lennon needed, and Lennon was just what she needed :)

This series has been phenomenal! I have loved every word written and the PreLoad guys will always have a place in my heart.
Profile Image for Elaine.
3,221 reviews97 followers
May 4, 2018
Grab your tissues when you read this emotive story! Wow - what a finale this proved to be. I've thoroughly enjoyed every book in this series but think this is possibly the most moving, a story that takes the reader through the whole gamut of emotions. Lennon's back story itself is moving in its own right but add in the accident happens and you learn of the consequences, it is so brilliantly portrayed you feel everything. Then, as if Lennon and the supportive Preload family aren't enough, Dr Georgia Starr is added to the mix!

Georgia's a very intelligent, motivated and inspirational neurosurgeon but her family are the antithesis of the Preload family. The Starr men are highly competitive, her father is so far up his self that he's an arrogant, manipulative, hateful character and her brothers seem to have been tarred with the same brush - what odious men they all seem to be - not wanting to acknowledge that the youngest member of the family is actually the most skilled surgeon amongst them, wanting to pull to pieces her decisions rather than celebrating her successes. Now, put this hardworking surgeon together with Lennon and the sparks fly! Can she break through the barriers Lennon has erected to push people away? Can he get Georgia to start to work to live rather than live to work? They both need to balance their lives but will the emotional and physically injuries heal to bring them together or will others drive them apart?

This is such a superb story, especially after reading the others in the series and really wanting Lennon to have his own HEA, too. As usual for this author, the characters are brilliantly portrayed, so easy to empathise with. This story is action packed, an emotional roller coaster with so many ups and downs, twists and turns, you're never quite sure where it will take you next. I have no hesitation in highly recommending this rock romance and the rest of this superb series.

I requested and was given a copy of this novel, via NetGalley, with no obligation. This is my honest review of the book after choosing to read it.
Profile Image for Get Your Book On.
212 reviews17 followers
March 19, 2018
Can I give this a billion stars? No. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to stick with five. But that just doesn’t seem to do this story justice. Lennon Reborn was everything I hoped it would be and so much more.

It has been quite the journey with the boys of Preload. Each book has consistently gotten better, and each and every time I’ve claimed that Scarlett was trying to kill me. Well she did it. I’m dead. Just kidding! Obviously, cause I’m writing this review and that would just be weird. Right?

Anyhoo, you know the saying, ‘Leave the best for last?’ Well Scarlett definitely succeeded in doing so. The raw emotion bled off of every single page. My heart ached, and I ran out of tissues from crying so much. And good lord the slow burn. The sexual tension. The passion. The love. Gah! It was all so beautifully written.

The family dynamic is something that I adore in this series, but in Lennon Reborn it really shines.

I’m not ready to let these characters go. Maybe. Hopefully, they’ll make appearances in future stories. As perfect as this story ended, I want more!

So in case you didn’t know, I LOVE this story HARD!
Profile Image for Jessica Alcazar.
3,861 reviews434 followers
May 7, 2018
Okay, so this was hard. I'm crying just typing that sentence. These guys ... their lives ... I just don't know where to begin. Lennon's journey was both heartbreaking and uplifting. I don't want to say that if anyone deserved a beautiful journey it was him but damn ... yeah, a little.

So I literally cried thru every word. My eyes were either watery or I was ugly crying at every single turn. And not because of angst but because love. (I'm crying again)

I can't write a review right now because I just cry so maybe some other time but just know ... THIS is what unconditional love looks like. It's sacrifices. It's endurance. It's growth. It's heart. It's pain. It is everything. THIS is what good writing looks like. It pulls you in and makes you part of the story. I was invested. I felt it. I endured it. It was powerful. (I'm crying again)

Just read the book and read this series. This author has proven time and time again that she is a force with words. #TRUST me on this. She might have broken the mold!

Copy provided for blog tour
Profile Image for Marie Vasquez.
1,598 reviews73 followers
May 12, 2018
5+ Stars

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage. ~ Lao Tzu

This had all the emotions! It broke my heart in the beginning and healed by the end. Scarlett Cole saved the best for last!!

I have fallen deeper and deeper in love with the members of Preload ever since opening up that first book. I haven’t met a more vulnerable, broken bunch of men nor men so loving, caring and as bonded to each other as these group of men. As they each found that one woman that managed to knock them on their knees and heal their childhood wounds, I have see each one of them evolve into incredible characters filled with happiness, love and family.

That being said, Lennon was the one character that alluded me throughout the series. He cracked jokes at every turn, yet was the most tight lipped about what was going on in his head and heart. He was the true testament of how those with the most hurt are the ones walking around with the biggest smile. He hid so much of his pain from his brothers. Being the youngest, he never truly felt like he belonged and wanted so much to hold on to his spot in the group, so he put on a smile, cracked more jokes and watched each and everyone of his band mates...brothers find love and happiness.

Lennon’s story was the most emotional of the bunch. And I don’t just mean a tear here and there...I mean I was devastated after just a few chapters - crying in the middle and eventually filled to bursting with happiness by the end. Lennon Reborn was to complete and total rollercoaster ride and I loved each and every rise and fall and that track.

Lennon’s growth from beginning to end of this book was the most transformative of the Preload men. His demons ran deep and only a woman as strong, confident and persistent as Dr. Georgia Starr could get through his concrete barriers. Her approach was second nature and exactly what he needed. She gave him the space he needed while still giving him the support he refused to accept. And together they were the perfect match and complete opposites; which created a perfect yin/yang bond between them. Where he was carefree and laid back, she was structured and controlled. Where he took everything as it comes, she taught him to plan and organize and he taught her the ability to let go and relax.

This story was truly remarkable and one of my favorites of 2018.
Profile Image for Jan .
2,153 reviews45 followers
April 6, 2018
5 Silver fucking lining stars

All the feels......
Scarlett Cole took me on a journey of emotions with Lennon Reborn.

From the first pages to the very last, I was glued to the characters, to the words, to the plot, I loved Lennon's story.

If you haven't read any books in this series before I can tell you that each book focuses on one of the band members, and their journey to finding love, and each one of these members who were all once in foster care together and became a band, but more than that they became family and each one of their storys so different, and each one of them will climb into your heart for different reasons.

This is Lennon's story, a man of few words, the drummer of the band. A boy who was once starved, had no love or physical contact, neglected by his mother but was rescued and taken into care and now he's a man whose world consists of his music and band but he still struggles with self worth.

Georgia who is a Doctor first meets Lennon when she witnesses the tour bus containing the band In an accident and becomes a hero, a saviour in more ways than one.

My heart broke, I was moved, I felt happy and elated. I went through so many emotions.
I read the story of Lennon and Gia with hope for this broken man at the forefront of my thoughts, I loved the journey, their journey, Lennons journey, his family and band mates journey. What a trip!

"Honestly, you're a fucking rainbow in my gray sky. You're the only bit of color I have. And I don't know what to do about that.

With heartwarming moments and hotness, Lennon Reborn is a recommend contemporary romance and great series.

Told in third person dual pov and leads to a hea
Arc received for review purposes by netgally

Displaying 1 - 30 of 266 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.