Start by marking “The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)

The Warrior Queen

(The Hundredth Queen #4)

In the final volume of The Hundredth Queen Series, Kalinda will risk everything to save the man she loves.

Kalinda has brought peace to the Tarachand Empire, at least for now. Bhutas no longer need to hide their gifts. The last of the rebels have been banished. And Prince Ashwin is set to take over as rajah.

But for Kalinda, this all came at a great loss. Her childhood home.
Published August 14th 2018 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior Queen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Warrior Queen

R.K. Gold
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed having a fun series to escape reality with. The Warrior Queen is a satisfying ending following 3 storylines that tie up all the loose ends and give us a happily ever after we wanted. The Kalinda arc explored the afterlife and the relationship between the mortals and the gods; the Ashwin arc (was probably the most entertaining) it dealt with political turmoil and a threat of rebellion; the Deven arc had the least amount of action as his story was one of reaction and survival.
BAM The Bibliomaniac
Netgalley #63

Many thanks to Emily Griffin and Netgalley for the free copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.

Great way to end this series! This may have been my favorite of the four. A trip to the underworld, an impossible rescue, a coup, and kickass women warriors! Three points of view too. I read it in one day. Especially loved the fairy tale the Rani’s journey was based on. And the demons are quite original. Of course I never get enough of Bhuta powers. Excellent creation.
King
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Not really impressed. Decent ending to an interesting series.

Kalinda is trying to save Deven from the Void. Prince Ashwin is trying to unify his nation. Deven is trying to survive in the Void.

I think this series should have ended at the 3rd book (with a different ending). I've lost interest in the storyline and characters.

description description description description

description
Sarah (The Clever Reader)
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-ebook
So many adventures! Finishing this book was bittersweet as it marks the end of a beautiful series of Sisterhood, Love, and finding your way through the darkness. I hope to revisit this world again in a future re-read of the series. It is one of my favorite YA Fantasy reads!
Kathryn Purdie
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An epic conclusion to a standout debut YA fantasy series. It's no small task to develop character arcs, expand a world, and enrich a magic system over multiple books, and Emily R. King does it incredibly well. I love this series, and this last book exceeded my high expectations. Well done!
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Here it is! The last volume in the Hundredth Queen Series! I've been waiting to read this book since the last book left me in such a hanging over the cliff place. This is a series I've been reading since the very beginning and it is always both exciting and sad to reach the end.

I have to say that this book was slow for me. I had a hard time staying invested in it, which seems awful to say. There were moments that I absolutely loved and the ending with everything wrapping up was good. Satisfying.
Jennymort ♔ The Dark Lordette ♔ House of Slytheread
description

i don't know if i should read this, it just gets more disappointing with each book.

description

nope. i've thought it over. can't do this to myself. the ending in the previous book was good enough for me.

(view spoiler)
Ilima
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite fantasy series ever featuring one of my favorite main characters ever. Emily is such a strong writer, and I love how the final book in this series brought everything together. Beautiful and entertaining!
Esmay
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exhange for an honest review.

Darkness holds secrets few see or seek. But when one spends as much time as I do studying the shadows, they reveal unique textures that brush over my skin.

4 Stars.

After the decline in me liking books two and three I aticipated to like this one, but not as much as the first one. I believed that this series did not need a fourth book and man was I wrong. This conclusion was everything I could have wished for and I think this is
Ashy Khaira
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 50-states
Leah
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that's finally over.

I'll begin with a positive. The cover is my favourite of the four. The colour, the fire dragon = perfect.

Everything else was not worth getting into. It pains me to say it, but this is a story, a series, that would have been better if written by someone else. What should be a vibrant and magical tale falls flat in world-building, characters, dialogue, and overall writing. It's funny, but every time I read one of these books on my kindle, I'm reading a hardcopy that paral
Anca
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley.

Ehhhhh...I think that sums up my feelings on the entire series, especially The Warrior Queen. I was not all that impressed with this one, and out of them all it lacked the most action. There were some parts that dragged and seemed to take forever to happen. This isn't the kind of series that enraptures and whisks you away someplace special and magical. I don't know that there really needed to be a 4th book.

I real
Ana (thestarslisten)
*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

The most beautiful and emotional end to a series I have ever read. Emily R. King wields magic through her words.

SPOILER FREE

“You are a warrior. You were born to shine. Embrace how powerful you truly are and carve your destiny from the sun.”

P L O T

Even hours after I finished reading this book all I could say was “WOW”. I’m like Howie Mandel from America’s Got Talent after that one performance and all he could say was “WOW”. All e
Asha Hartland-Asbury
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, which had some really inventive world-building. I like a book set in a harem, with concubines and wives jostling for prime position, and The Hundredth Queen made that way more literal, by having the women physically battle for rank. This was really clever and led to some really exciting politics within the harem. However, with the death of the rajah at the end of the first book, I feel that this series lost what made it so entertaining to me. It wo ...more
Y.
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is how you write a finale. I will admit the beginning was slower than I anticipated which made me put down the book for a day or two, but my curiosity made me pick it back up and I’m glad I did. It was a slow burn, building little by little allowing the reader to put the pieces in place. Once I got started again I did not want to stop reading. The closer to the ending I got the slower I read because I did not want the story to end.
I greatly appreciate the themes of love, women’s independen
Rebecca
Even with the disappointment of the previous installment not being the finale, I was too invested in the series and characters not read the conclusion. Thankfully, there is indeed a proper ending to the story arc. This could have easily been a two or three book series, much of the last two books felt unnecessary. I enjoyed the story, but it was overshadowed by too many endless plots.

I would not discourage anyone from trying this series, but it isn't one I recommend either. Overall, the subseque
Donna
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice ending

I was pleased with this ending to the series. I thought the author did a good job of tying things up in a neat bow, as I suspected she would.
Shannon Dyer
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
Round up to 3.5 stars. This wasn’t quite as engrossing as the previous books, but it’s still a fitting conclusion to the series. Review to come at AAR.
Jenni
Oct 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
I really did not enjoy this book. It felt long and drawn out and I frequently found my attention wandering. I feel the series could have ended without this book
Maria Mitchell
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for the conclusion to this series, and this ending was so far from what I wanted.
R.Q. Woodward
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it! The climax is superb. Everything comes together in an excellent way. An interesting and entertaining end to the series.
Avery ☆ bforbookslut
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review to Come
Emily
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the final book in the Hundredth Queen series, this was a pretty decent wrap up.

The first 1/3 of this book was a little… dull, filled with Kali mooning over Devon and Ashwin figuring out how to run a damaged kingdom. It wasn’t until Kali decided to find the entrance to the Void that it started to get interesting again.

Kali’s part of the story was very good. A good part of the previous stories focused on the god’s and their roles in the world. It was good to finally meet one of those gods and e
Kayelyn
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We all need to reach deep down inside of us at times to be all that we can be. We are more than we think we are in most instances and taking the journey with Kalinda as she discovers her true heritage and who she really is was and how she can conquers the road blocks and battles the demons on her way was a great read. Learning that rising above a heritage that is less than honorable is a great challenge that Ashwin handled with steadfast efforts. Changing what has been requires courage, even in ...more
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Ayla
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
Let me start this review by being utterly honest in saying I wasn’t looking forward to The Warrior Queen after my request was approved. I was at first, though! I’d gotten all the Hundredth Queen books as ARCs through Netgalley and even though I didn’t really like the first book, I gave each new instalment a chance. That worked out really well with The Fire Queen that’s the one I like best! But not so much with The Rogue Queen which was okay. I wanted to give this final book in the series a fair ...more
Amy Nielsen
This review was originally written for Book #1 but copied into books #2 and #3 and now #4 having just finished it.

So far, I've read the all of books in this series and so my review is for all of them thus far. And I listened to them which is an important distinction. The narration is somewhat theaterized (different people for different characters...)

I hesitate to give these books a 4, and if a 3.5 of even 3.75 was available, I'd give it that instead. However nothing has necessarily annoyed me wi
✨The QD Bibliophile✨

~Review🖋~
All your favorite characters return in the finale of the Hundredth Queen Series including some names you thought were long gone. Kali embarks on her mission to find her love, Deven, who was taken into the evernight (the equivalent of the underworld). No mortal has ever ventured into the evernight and come back out but she's determined and when she's able to enlist a god to help her, she finds out more about herself than she had ever thought possible.

Emily R. King's writing transcends th
Vicky
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely fell in love with The Hundredth Queen series by Emily R. King. It just has such a beautiful and intricate world, I dove right in and wanted to know more about it. It’s got incredible magic, hidden princes, badass ladies who kick a lot of ass and an absolutely swoony ship that had me going ‘just get your act together already’ for three books! But this one takes the cake! It is my favourite out of this quartet and that probably says something about me, because I’m pretty sure this one ...more
Emily R. King is a reader of everything and a writer of fantasy. Born in Canada and raised in the USA, she has perfected the use of “eh” and “y’all” and uses both interchangeably. Shark advocate, consumer of gummy bears, and islander at heart, Emily’s greatest interests are her four children. She’s a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and an active participant in her ...more

The Hundredth Queen (5 books)
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1-4)
“Home” is too valued a term to bestow upon a residence absent of memories.” 0 likes