Start by marking “The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)

The Warrior Queen

(The Hundredth Queen #4)

In the final volume of The Hundredth Queen Series, Kalinda will risk everything to save the man she loves.

Kalinda has brought peace to the Tarachand Empire, at least for now. Bhutas no longer need to hide their gifts. The last of the rebels have been banished. And Prince Ashwin is set to take over as rajah.

But for Kalinda, this all came at a great loss. Her childhood home.
Published August 14th 2018 by Skyscape

To ask other readers questions about The Warrior Queen, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jasmyne McEntire Trenton Ingram m

Start your review of The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #4)
R.K. Gold
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed having a fun series to escape reality with. The Warrior Queen is a satisfying ending following 3 storylines that tie up all the loose ends and give us a happily ever after we wanted. The Kalinda arc explored the afterlife and the relationship between the mortals and the gods; the Ashwin arc (was probably the most entertaining) it dealt with political turmoil and a threat of rebellion; the Deven arc had the least amount of action as his story was one of reaction and survival.
BAM Endlessly Booked
Netgalley #63

Many thanks to Emily Griffin and Netgalley for the free copy of this book in exchange for my unbiased review.

Great way to end this series! This may have been my favorite of the four. A trip to the underworld, an impossible rescue, a coup, and kickass women warriors! Three points of view too. I read it in one day. Especially loved the fairy tale the Rani’s journey was based on. And the demons are quite original. Of course I never get enough of Bhuta powers. Excellent creation.
King
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 3.5 Stars *****

Cannot be read as a standalone.

Not really impressed. Decent ending to an interesting series.

Kalinda is trying to save Deven from the Void. Prince Ashwin is trying to unify his nation. Deven is trying to survive in the Void.

I think this series should have ended at the 3rd book (with a different ending). I've lost interest in the storyline and characters.

description description description description

description
ℓуηη, ℓσкιѕℓутнєя¢ℓαω
Oh this was such an improvement after the previous book! I love this one sooooo much better than Rogue Queen. That one I actually sort of hated. But this one has redeemed the series for me ^_^ It's definitely a 4.75 stars finale!!

Kali has improved immensely. Ashwin has moved on from his crush on her (thank the gods). I really loved him & Gemi together. They were so cute <3 And I also actually enjoyed reading Ashwin's chapters, which was a surprise considering that I haven't liked his character s
Leah
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, that's finally over.

I'll begin with a positive. The cover is my favourite of the four. The colour, the fire dragon = perfect.

Everything else was not worth getting into. It pains me to say it, but this is a story, a series, that would have been better if written by someone else. What should be a vibrant and magical tale falls flat in world-building, characters, dialogue, and overall writing. It's funny, but every time I read one of these books on my kindle, I'm reading a hardcopy that paral
Kathryn Purdie
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An epic conclusion to a standout debut YA fantasy series. It's no small task to develop character arcs, expand a world, and enrich a magic system over multiple books, and Emily R. King does it incredibly well. I love this series, and this last book exceeded my high expectations. Well done! ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Here it is! The last volume in the Hundredth Queen Series! I've been waiting to read this book since the last book left me in such a hanging over the cliff place. This is a series I've been reading since the very beginning and it is always both exciting and sad to reach the end.

I have to say that this book was slow for me. I had a hard time staying invested in it, which seems awful to say. There were moments that I absolutely loved and the ending with everything wrapping up was good. Satisfying.
Dorothy
Dec 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
When you wish the author had a better grasp of words, when you find yourself comparing parts of the book to the movie Elf (I swear she went through the dark levels of the candy cane forest), when you sit there and go 'oh shut up', you know a series has outlasted its welcome and not lived up to the earlier promise.

Kalinda is whiny, Devan is kind of dead (not a spoiler since it happened last book), Ashwin is uninspiring, and the other characters are just hanging out. Random plot holes, wrong words
Sarah {The Clever Reader}
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So many adventures! Finishing this book was bittersweet as it marks the end of a beautiful series of Sisterhood, Love, and finding your way through the darkness. I hope to revisit this world again in a future re-read of the series. It is one of my favorite YA Fantasy reads!
Laura..devouring books like crumpets
The final installment I will miss the beautiful Narration By Lauren Ezzo!

Kalinda Journeys to seek out the Gods in finding Devon and Fulfilling her hearts wish! Ashwin is trying to appease his people while Devon is fighting for his memories....

But Kalinda with her Fire Makes the biggest journey so far a beautiful ending tying up all the histories and Tales that make the beliefs.
Ilima
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite fantasy series ever featuring one of my favorite main characters ever. Emily is such a strong writer, and I love how the final book in this series brought everything together. Beautiful and entertaining!
Anca
May 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review through NetGalley.

Ehhhhh...I think that sums up my feelings on the entire series, especially The Warrior Queen. I was not all that impressed with this one, and out of them all it lacked the most action. There were some parts that dragged and seemed to take forever to happen. This isn't the kind of series that enraptures and whisks you away someplace special and magical. I don't know that there really needed to be a 4th book.

I real
Esmay
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC from Netgalley in exhange for an honest review.

Darkness holds secrets few see or seek. But when one spends as much time as I do studying the shadows, they reveal unique textures that brush over my skin.

4 Stars.

After the decline in me liking books two and three I aticipated to like this one, but not as much as the first one. I believed that this series did not need a fourth book and man was I wrong. This conclusion was everything I could have wished for and I think
Ashy Khaira
Jun 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 50-states
Jamie Coudeville
I didn't like this one all that much. It felt almost separate from the other three books. The storylines in this one just weren't really my cup of tea. ...more
Asha - A Cat, A Book, And A Cup Of Tea
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, which had some really inventive world-building. I like a book set in a harem, with concubines and wives jostling for prime position, and The Hundredth Queen made that way more literal, by having the women physically battle for rank. This was really clever and led to some really exciting politics within the harem. However, with the death of the rajah at the end of the first book, I feel that this series lost what made it so entertaining to me. It wo ...more
Rebecca
Even with the disappointment of the previous installment not being the finale, I was too invested in the series and characters not read the conclusion. Thankfully, there is indeed a proper ending to the story arc. This could have easily been a two or three book series, much of the last two books felt unnecessary. I enjoyed the story, but it was overshadowed by too many endless plots.

I would not discourage anyone from trying this series, but it isn't one I recommend either. Overall, the subseque
Maria
Aug 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I had high hopes for the conclusion to this series, and this ending was so far from what I wanted.
Jenni
Oct 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
I really did not enjoy this book. It felt long and drawn out and I frequently found my attention wandering. I feel the series could have ended without this book
ⒶH-ℳℰⒾ ♔♚♛Queen Of The Fat Cats♛♚♔
4 stars cuz they're so easy to read. ...more
Ana (thestarslisten)
*ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

The most beautiful and emotional end to a series I have ever read. Emily R. King wields magic through her words.

SPOILER FREE

“You are a warrior. You were born to shine. Embrace how powerful you truly are and carve your destiny from the sun.”

P L O T

Even hours after I finished reading this book all I could say was “WOW”. I’m like Howie Mandel from America’s Got Talent after that one performance and all he could say was “WOW”.
Melissa
Mar 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A challenging journey but rewarding conclusion to the series

I thoroughly enjoyed The Hundredth Queen series by Emily R. King. I loved the characters and all their connections. I appreciated the unique setting, religion, and magic system introduced. In some ways, it vaguely reminded me of the world and abilities in Avatar: The Last Airbender, which I love, so it was a nice comparison for me.

In this last installment of the series, the war has ended and they are trying to pull the empire back toget
Y.
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is how you write a finale. I will admit the beginning was slower than I anticipated which made me put down the book for a day or two, but my curiosity made me pick it back up and I’m glad I did. It was a slow burn, building little by little allowing the reader to put the pieces in place. Once I got started again I did not want to stop reading. The closer to the ending I got the slower I read because I did not want the story to end.
I greatly appreciate the themes of love, women’s independen
Bee Glosson
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Final book of the series. Finally a little closure to end the book and series. Reaching full potential has been something that has eluded kalinda for the first 3 books. Will she find it in this one? With devin missing and kalinda unable to let go and move on, we find ourselves at an impasse that only deepens the storyline. I give this book 4.25, mainly because I'm happy to finally have the closure I have sought the entire series. Adding a 3rd main character's outlook to the storytelling allows f ...more
Joyce
Wow. I love first books in a series because they pave the road for the entire storyline. However, I think I just fell in love with the fourth/last book in the series! So much has happened in this book and all I can say is wow! We find out so much more about who Kalinda is and this book goes in depth about her past lives.

As much as I loved reading this book from start to finish, I almost want to read an alternate ending where she ends up with Enlil. We all know she is the 100th rani reincarnated
Faith Bradshaw
Jan 07, 2021 rated it liked it
This was a nice and simple end to the series. All the loose ends were tied up and I was actually surprised by some of the plot elements, so that's a plus! Overall I just really thought this series was good or neutral. I really wish I would have read this back when I was in middle school or high school, it definitely would have been right up my alley back then. Also I'm so happy Ashwin got a good ending plot line, he was by far my favorite character! ...more
Barb
Dec 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excited but sad its ending

I really enjoyed this series, I was hooked as soon as I started The Hundredth Queen and The Warrior Queen did not let me down! I really enjoyed watching the characters change and evolve.
Kryssi D'Eredita
Mar 31, 2020 rated it liked it
It started out pretty good. Way better than the last two. But then it just devolved into a mess of every direction. And stupid decision making, of course.
And why does everyone have to revolve? Can they not just turn around??
Shannon Dyer
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, 2018
Round up to 3.5 stars. This wasn’t quite as engrossing as the previous books, but it’s still a fitting conclusion to the series. Review to come at AAR.
The Warrior Queen 1 2 Oct 31, 2019 07:03PM

• The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Broken Veil (Harbinger #5)
  • The Lore of the Evermen (Evermen Saga, #4)
  • Iron Garland (Harbinger #3)
  • Rebel Born (Secondborn, #3)
  • Mirror Gate (Harbinger #2)
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
  • Prism Cloud (Harbinger #4)
  • A Painted Goddess (A Fire Beneath the Skin, #3)
  • Traitor Born (Secondborn, #2)
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
  • The Buried World (The Grave Kingdom, #2)
  • Siege and Sacrifice (Numina #3)
  • The Tattooed Duchess (A Fire Beneath the Skin, #2)
  • The Immortal Words (The Grave Kingdom, #3)
  • Iron Will (The Shifting Tides #4)
  • The Hollow Crown (Kingfountain #4)
  • Myths and Mortals (Numina #2)
Emily R. King is a reader of everything and a writer of fantasy. Born in Canada and raised in the USA, she has perfected the use of “eh” and “y’all” and uses both interchangeably. Shark advocate, consumer of gummy bears, and islander at heart, Emily’s greatest interests are her four children. She’s a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and an active participant in her ...more

The Hundredth Queen (4 books)
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)

News & Interviews

“Home” is too valued a term to bestow upon a residence absent of memories.” 0 likes