Start by marking “Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring: A Spy on History Book” as Want to Read:
Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring: A Spy on History Book

Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring: A Spy on History Book

In a story of suspense and intrigue, Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring explores a little-known chapter of American history—and offers readers a mystery of their own to solve!

Travel back in time to the American Revolution in the thrilling third book in the Spy on History series. Discover the secret Culper Ring, a network of American spies fighting aga
Published April 2nd 2019 by Workman Publishing Company

Be the first to ask a question about Anna Strong and the Revolutionary War Culper Spy Ring

Diana
Book received from NetGalley

Review to Come
Emily
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I received an advanced copy of this book for review courtesy of Netgalley. My opinion is my own.**

I loved this book! But then again, I love this whole series. I knew of Anna Strong from the show Turn on AMC, so I was really excited to delve into this book and see what it had to say. My history loving heart couldn't be more overjoyed. This is going to be great to use in my homeschooling classroom when my students are just a bit older! The story is easy to read and follow, the cover is gorgeous,
Adrienne
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a really engaging informational book for children, following Anna Strong's spy efforts for the Culper Ring during the Revolutionary War. The historical note at the end explains that the identity of the lady spy isn't certain but Anna Strong is considered to be the most likely possibility, and the book follows what Anna's spy efforts likely would have been like. It was cool to read about her signaling system and how the Culper Ring helped to thwart Benedict Arnold's traitorous plans.

I rea
Tahoora Hashmi
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is a Children's Historical Non fiction book which talks about a group of spies called "The Culper Ring" which was formed by a couple Americans called during the Revolutionary war against the British under General George Washington.

It's quite descriptive for a child's level yet very much to the point and very well written.

In the end you are left to solve a letter that the lead Anna Strong had given to one of his Ring members. It's not only informative but also very enjoyable for a light
Phoebe
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute. A pretty good novelization of a possible storyline the Culper ring, although it incorrectly quotes Nathan Hale's last words in one of the ilustrations (the "... but one life to give for my county" line is actually from Cato). Good for kids interested in history.
Tabby Shiflett
Great subject and decent introduction to this segment of history, especially for younger audiences. The version I read (epub) didn't download all the pictures, so maybe try another electronic version. Interesting and recommended for fans of American history.

Net Galley Feedback
Panda Incognito
May 14, 2019
Denise
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley and Workman Publishing for allowing an advanced read in exchange for an honest review.

When kids are studying historic events, they love reading historical fiction about that time period. This book will keep them focused on the war in an effort to crack the code and solve the mystery at the end of the book.
We will need to have multiple copies in our library to keep up with the students who will want to read this book.
May 19, 2019