Start by marking “When the Truth Unravels” as Want to Read:
When the Truth Unravels

When the Truth Unravels

Last month, Elin tried to kill herself.

She knows she's lucky that her parents found her in time. Lucky to be going to prom with her three best friends, like any other teen. Like it never happened. And if she has anything to say about it, no one but her best friends will ever know it did.

Jenna, Rosie, and Ket will do anything to keep Elin's secret--and to make sure it never
Expected publication: January 8th 2019 by Sky Pony (first published January 2019)

To ask other readers questions about When the Truth Unravels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Truth Unravels

Rachel Solomon
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Official blurb: "The four girls at the center of WHEN THE TRUTH UNRAVELS are prickly, complicated, and headstrong—and I adored all of them. RuthAnne Snow's debut takes a quintessential high school experience—prom—and fills it with detours and secrets that make it impossible to put down. Across two timelines and multiple POVs, Snow paints an authentic, sensitive picture of depression and shows us how friendship is a delicate but resilient thing. I wish I could hand this to every teen girl trying ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

I am so in love with these complicated friendship stories, and this one really pulled me in. I honestly didn't expect any sort of surprises, but there were quite a few, and they were pretty good ones if you ask me. All the lying in order to protect each other and themselves eventually leads to one of my favorite scenes.

Full review to follow.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

BLOG | INSTAGRAM |TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN | FRIEND ME ON GOODREADS
Lillian Clark
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so grateful to have gotten to read an early copy of WHEN THE TRUTH UNRAVELS. Told through the revolving POVs of four best friends on the night of their senior prom, WTTU tackles challenging issues while being funny, engaging, and compulsively readable. I love these friends, their complexities and quirks, their loyalty and tensions. Snow manages to capture the multi-layered reality of friendships, the good and the bad, all wrapped up in a fast-paced and entertaining package. I loved it!
Samantha Hastings
Prom night the quintessential high school experience from the viewpoint of four friends—including one who attempted suicide and she’s missing. Each friend has their own struggles as they are trying to hold themselves and each other together.

What I loved 🖤🖤🖤:
1. The setting. Utah isn’t often the setting in YA novels and it was fun to read about my home state. But now I really want a dirty soda from Sodalicious and maybe a cookie too.
2. The four distinct voices...sometimes when there’s multiple PO
Prerna Pickett
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to do a sensitivity read for The Truth Unravels and let me tell you, you definitely want to get your hands on this one when it releases! The friendships are EVERYTHING. They're real, painful, beautiful. In fact, a lot of the instances reminded me of my own friendships in high school. Each girl has a clear, distinct voice, and each plays a pivotal role in the story. RuthAnne handled the tough subject matters of depression and suicide with care but didn't shy away from the r ...more
Kara J McDowell
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book BLEW ME AWAY. I don't cry very often when reading, but this book absolutely wrecked me.

Friendship is the beating heart of this book, and Snow's portrayal of the complications and loyalty that accompanying high school friendships is spot on. Elin, Jenna, Ket, and Rosie are, nuanced, dynamic characters, and I fell in love with all of them as the pages flew by. And holy cow, this book is so funny. Snow deftly tackles serious subject matter in a light-hearted way, and I found myself altern
Kip
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a page-turner! I loved the way the story unfolds through the four POVs and two timelines, but I especially loved that this was above all else a friendship story--between the four protagonists, their best (male) friend, and some new people they open up to when least expected. Great read for fans of realistic YA!
Manon
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: edelweiss
*3.5 Stars*

I was provided an ARC via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Jenny, Rosie, Elin and Ket are a tight group of friends. Well, at least they were. Ever since Elin tried to kill herself, things have been messy between them and a lot of secrets are being kept.
Our story starts a couple months after Elin's suicide attempt and today is prom and a lot is about to happen. A lot.

The story was told through the four girls' points of view. At first, Elin's chapters were flashbacks.
The whole
Emily Martin
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early version of this book and ohhhh goodness did it slay me. RuthAnne's writing is beautiful, and she manages to make each of these girls feel nuanced and so alive. She infuses a lot of humor alongside serious subject matter, and there are so many sneaky gut-punch moments as well. I'm not someone who cries super easily from books, but this one got me (even on a subsequent read). Highly recommend for anyone looking for complex female friendships!
Kristin Wright
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this book and was truly moved by the sensitive look at what kind of adult emotions and problems are eddying around and under the quintessential teenage preparation for the prom. This book is a beautiful look at friendship and struggle and that tipping-point moment of imminent departure from childhood that the end of high school represents. Anyone who was ever a teen and remembers that it wasn't all pompons and yearbooks will love this story.
Gina Denny
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So great. I love broken timelines, where bits and pieces are revealed in a non-linear way, and this one is particularly awesome.
Andi (Andi's ABCs)

This book was really great! I loved how flawed these 4 girls were and how Elin's suicide was handled. I want more about Rosie and Ket desperately! Definitely add this to your TBR. Review to come.
Tonyalee
This made me laugh. It made me tear up. It has the brutal honesty of secrets, depression and a suicide attempt; and how your family and closet friends deal. And it made my heart heavy with happiness with the all the friendship love.

You need this book. Add it now so you don’t forget. Preorder it!

Full RTC closer to release day.

Kelly Coon
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welp, I’m all done. WHEN THE TRUTH UNRAVELS has unraveled ME. Snow has woven four POVs into a friendship tale full of heartache (oh, the heartache), loyalty, humor, and love. The mystery surrounding Elin’s prom disappearance and the risks they each take to show one another how much their friendship really means, will leave readers on the edges of their seats, desperate for more.
Melanie Stanford
Read an early version and it's fantastic! Full of flawed yet relatable characters and moments that will make you laugh and cry. I can't wait to get my hands on a physical copy.
Michelle
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anxiety, depression, ptsd
My full review can be found on the Epilie Aspie Chick blog!

Thank you to Simon & Schuster for providing the ARC in exchange for an honest review.

This book started out slow and took me a while to get into, but it is jam packed with some serious mental health situations. You have Elin with her suicide attempt, another girl with some serious PTSD issues with the constant word usage and definitions, and a few more with high anxiety situations that they are not handling appropriately (to put it m
Julie
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm quite frankly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book. I expected it to be a fluffy, superficial story with shallow, spoiled characters. And on some level, that's exactly what it was. But I loved it anyway. I think it was a great portrayal of a group of high school kids trying to navigate parents, friendships, school, teenage-ism, and essentially life. Some of the characters were spoiled and shallow, but they were rather endearing and likable despite this. The author did a great job of int ...more
Bookworm LLC
When Truth Unravels is about a young girl who tries to commit suicide but her parents find her before its too late. She has never told anyone except her three best friends. One friend betrays her trust and tells an ex and now Elin is worried it will get all over school.

This story is about the friendship of four teenage girls and how they rally around Elin who they are worried just may try to kill herself again.
When she disappears the night of prom the girls panic running around looking for Elin
CL
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I stayed up all night reading WHEN THE TRUTH UNRAVELS. The rapport and banter between Jenna, Ket, Rosie, and Elin drew me in immediately, and their prom night hijinks were riveting (and oddly… comforting in the BEST nostalgic way), but what struck me most deeply was the Jenna & Elin relationship (the ending!). I know this will make young people in similar situations feel seen and less alone, which is, to me, one of the most important qualities of a very special book. Snow really nailed it.
Sonia Hartl
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! The friendships in this were complicated and beautiful and real. The voices were so distinct, I could always tell which girl was narrating just by their mannerisms and choices and approach. Some serious mental health issues were tackled in this book and handled with absolute care and respect. Highly recommend.
Maria Vicente
Thamy
Dec 17, 2018
Cindy
Oct 03, 2018
RuthAnne Snow was born and raised in Kaysville, Utah. She was a sorority girl in college and social activities director in law school—which was a lot like being back in the sorority. She has interned for the U.S. Senate, worked on policy papers for Congress and the State Department, and once spent a year sorting through emails looking for fraud. It wasn’t nearly as fun as writing fiction. She love ...more