Start by marking “Worth the Risk” as Want to Read:
Worth the Risk

Worth the Risk

(Alpha One #1)

It was supposed to be one night, no strings attached. But now she needs him more than ever...

ABE
Kalista isn’t just another client, she’s the face that’s been haunting my dreams for the last three months. I can’t get the woman out of my head, not since we shared one of the hottest nights of my life. She’s under my skin, and I want her back underneath me.
Keeping my head isn
Published January 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Risk

Start your review of Worth the Risk
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
DJ Sakata
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Rating:
4.5
Favorite Quotes:

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t appreciate me doing the sprinkler in bed. You’d come out the other side with some serious injuries.

His words are lost on me as I contemplate murdering him with a pair of my Jimmy Choos displayed on the shelf behind him. But I decide against it. I don’t want to hurt my Jimmys.

I get it, but you have to stop looking at me the way you do. It’s distracting and frankly, I’ve already had to replace the batteries in my vibrator this week. At this
Donna
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love a sexy bodyguard!

This was a good set up for a series. Hot ex military men, some intrigue and suspense, some steamy moments and a fiesty heroine, definately a good start. I really liked Abe and Kalista. They had good banter and chemistry. Abe was your typical ex military hottie who takes on the bodyguard roll when Kalista is in danger. Family and politics are involved and it is a nice quick read. Looking forward to more of this series.
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** Received on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I have read a few novels by JB Heller and I have loved every one of them, but I have to be completely honest here....This novel....Worth The Risk for me is the best from JB by far.

In this amazingly steamy, heartbreaking, soul crushing, and breathtaking read we meet Abe and Kalista. Both very different in the way their worlds work.
Abe owns his own security company after being a marine fo
Rachel Roy
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. I was sucked in from the first page.

If you don't have the time to finish what you start, beware this book will trap you in it's pages for just that. I literally could NOT put it down.

Can't wait for the next one ;) Zac and Ellie's should have just as much drama!

Jem writes the best books. Make sure you read them all :)
Coco.V
Sep 25, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/25/2019)! 🎁
Kimberley C.
Oct 22, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 29%. They liked each other. They hated each other... I have whiplash. And the dialogue... nope, just not for me.
Misty Warner
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. I have read several books by this author and everyone has been amazing. This book is the first in the Alpha One series.
Abe is at his brothers wedding and can't pull his eyes from the beautiful blonde and her moves on the dancefloor. Once he gets her attention he calls her over. They quickly agree to one amazing night together.
Months later Abe is thrown for a loop when the beautiful blonde from his brothers wedding, the same girl he can't quit
Holly Bargo
Needs an editor

Overall, it's a good story, however there are some glaring editing faux pas that pushed me right out of the story. There are some words spelled correctly but not correctly used, such as clutch and complement instead of crotch and compliment. Other words show the author's lack of familiarity with American spelling and terminology (tire, not tyre; a$$, not arse). Since the book is placed in the USA and populated with US characters, the British spelling and terminology are jarring. A
Anastasia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story!
Worth The Risk is the latest book from JB Heller, and I think it’s her best yet.

Abe is the epitome of tall, dark and handsome with a side of badass, and then Kalista catches his attention at his brother’s wedding. Kalista is beautiful, passionate and has an incredible strength even when faced with terrors that no one deserves to endure.

This story has everything you could ask for - fantastic characters, a kickass storyline, hot, steamy scenes. I seriously loved this story, it held
Kat Mary
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Abe is sexy overall and I loved his sweet side that came out when with Kally. I could picture Kally in my head; a strong and aloof society girl. I loved that they turned to mush around each other. I can't wait for the rest of the series! I can see lots of potential with the rest of Abe's team and Kally's brother, Michael.
Cheryl
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic

This is only the second book I have read of this author, she's totally amazing. Love her writing style, it's very easy to read and so mesmerizing. She draws you in with her words and grabs your throat until the book is finished. Loved her story so much. Well worth looking up this author, you won't be disappointed
Nov 11, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF

I tried but stopped at 40 percent. Poorly written and edited. Silly story especially for 28 year old woman. Just couldn't waste my time.
Andrea B
Jun 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNf
There was really nothing wrong that I could put my finger on - I was just not connecting
Jennifer Richey
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book had me hooked this girl named Kalista hooks up with Abe at a wedding for one night but what happens when her father has to hire him to protect her as her body guard! Will the sparks still be there? So much action and deceit come out and I love it and can’t wait to read zak and Ellie’s book!
D Call
Rating: R for sex and language
Sex: multiple scenes
Language: 215 F words, 43 Lord's name in vain, 91 S words
Violence: threats, bomb, shootings, deaths, kidnapping
HEA or Cliffhanger: HEA
Do I need to read books before this one: no, but I wonder if Axel's story is out there
Would I read more of the series: no; the story is good, but the language isn't

Well thought out plot, good pacing. I really liked the story, but the language was a huge turn off. The plot was driven by the characters, who were p
Deborah Harrell-jones
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you have read the Attraction series by J.B Heller then the characters in the book will be familiar to you. You do not have to read them to understand this book but it’s worth it if you do. This book is about Abe whom we meet up with in “Fierce Attraction” and we get a more in depth look at who he really is. He is the oldest brother of 3 and living the life of an ex-veteran in the security business. When he meets a woman at his brother’s wedding he does not think twice about having a night wit ...more
MJ
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 02019
Ok, maybe it could scrape in as a almost 3 IF it weren't for the fact that the author added a dumbass ex-military man as the lead!

I'm not quite sure why I wasn't quite into this H from very start, but he wasn't too bad. I didn't really have a problem with him, just a bit of a non opinion. Then he did or said something that tipped him to eh... I can't remember what it was, but it didn't help that this grown man was swinging judgey fury at both the h & a support character without knowing real deta
Robyn Corcoran
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Abe Jamieson, ex-military and now runs and owns of Alpha One Protective Services, meets Kalista Astor at his brother’s wedding and they have a ‘one night no strings attached’ ending to the meeting. Months later Abe is hired to protect Kalista after she receives threatening letters.

This is an easy to read story where it’s not just about the romance, which is a great story in and of itself, but the mystery and element of danger is exciting and at times very dramatic leaving you sitting on the edg
Khushboo
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nanadeb
I guess it's a cultural thing...

I didn't realize when I bought it, but this book doesn't take place in the US. When I started reading words like- arse, and spanner, and wanker, and housemate instead of roommate, I realized this was in Australia or New Zealand or somewhere. No actual places are named. Three stars because it would've been nice to know that from the start. Kalista is supposedly a senators' daughter and yet she strolls over to a complete stranger- Abe- when he crooks a finger to her
Sam Power
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fireworks At First Sight

Yet another great book from JB Heller, She has away of pulling you into the story from the first chapter.

Abe is at his brother Axel's wedding to Ashlynn who we meet in Fierce Attraction. A stunning blonde catches his eye. She turns out to be Ashlynn's cousin Kalista. There is sparks between them when they talk Abe offers Kalista a night of great mind-blowing sex with no strings attached.

Kelly
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth the Risk by JB Heller is worth the read!  I absolutely loved this book and the characters that have been created.  Abe is positively swoon worthy and I knew that there was more to Kalista than what meets the eye.  I went from loving her to “oh don’t be like that girl” and back to loving her again.

Kalista’s best friend Ellie is one of my
favourite characters in this book and to find out that she is getting her own book with Worth the Wait, I was over the moon.

Worth the Risk offers readers
Betty Finch
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abe and Kalista's story is amazing and a must read for all romance lovers.
After a one long night stand, Abe and Kalista never expect to see each other again, except in their dreams. Kalista is the daughter of a Senator and is very much in the limelight. When she is being threatened, her father hires the best protection agency around to protect her and find who is threatening her. In walks Abe and the fun begins.
This book contains steamy scenes, misunderstanding and awakenings, some plot twist t
Kathleen Johnstone
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Abe and Kalista i think there actually kinda awesome.
See they met at Axels wedding hes the grooms brother shes the brides cousin they spend 1 night together then go there separate ways only to met again in a few months when her lifes in danger.
Abe becomes her body guard and he protects her thats when the twists and turns come into play we met characters we fall in love with and plot twists happen now i won't lie one of the plot twists was kinda obvious we just had to learn who it was

I do
Teri
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I finally too the time to read a book by this author. I have seen her blurbs and read the reviews but had no idea what I was in for until I started. This book was all of it. Your emotions are tried and true by each of the characters and these two take the cake. They were never supposed to see each other again. But this is more than a love story there is action and intrigue and a massive web of deceit and lies it's crazy. I loved every bit of it and plan on continuing with this autho ...more
Shell Giallo
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Worth The Risk is the story of Abe and Kallista.

We met Abe in Fierce Attraction, he's Axel's big brother. He meets Kallista at Axel and Ashlynn's wedding and their chemistry was instant. They had a night of fun together but then went their separate ways.

Fast forward three months and Abe is hired to be a bodyguard for a senator's daughter...Kallista! She's being threatened and Abe's job is to protect her whilst trying not to act on the attraction they're both feeling for each other.

I really enjoy
Lisa  Lyle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story greatly written alittle bit of everything in it action steamy love story what more could a girl ask for...
Abe runs a security firm. He get's hired to protect senators daughter from a stalker. Kalista is that daughter. Can Abe keep things just business and keep her safe. Can they both leave it at one night !! I love the story and also loved we got to see a softer side to abe. Would definitely recommend this one ladies it as a bit of everything
Lyn
For an alpha male romance, the heroine does a great job of holding her own against the alpha. The plot was straightforward, no big surprises. One nice twist toward the end.

The disconnect for me started with the heroine referred to as a "senator's daughter," which placed the story in the U.S. Then British slang terms were consistently used throughout. Ummm, no. A four-star rating dropped to a three.
Barbara Packard
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So many risks.

Well it starts out interesting enough but it just gets more so as it goes along. The chemistry between Abe and Kalissa just gets hotter and more intense. The story is just unbelievable. There are more twists and turns than I can count. The bad thing about this story is all the grammarical errors. Ms Heller you need a great proof reader. I know one too. Contact me at bpackard17@gmail.com.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Ruthless Protector (Lawless Kings, #4)
  • Security Risk (Pelican Bay Security, #1)
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
  • No Angel (Louisiana Lawmen Book 3)
  • Roped In (Armed & Dangerous, #2)
  • Dangerously Taken (Aegis Group Lepta Team, #1)
  • Protecting Rose
  • To Have and to Hold (The Vows Trilogy #1)
  • Testing Luke (Devereaux Billionaires, #3; Billionaires in the City, #6)
  • If the Dark Wins (Finley Creek #4; General #1)
  • Thresh (Alpha One Security, #2)
  • Larger Than Life (Smithson Group SG-5 #2)
  • Her Guarded Hero (Black Dawn, #5)
  • Siren in the Wind (Mobile Intelligence Team, #1)
  • Resisting Redemption (Newland #3)
  • Survive the Night (24 Hours - Final Countdown Book 1)
  • Rocky Mountain Retreat (Six Pack Ranch #8; Rocky Mountain House #11)
  • Close to Her Heart (Carrigans of the Circle C, #3)
JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife and Mumma in her early 30's. She lives on a mini farm with her family and a few cows, sheep, a parrot, cats, fish, dogs, and a butt load of chickens. It's JB's dream to one day add a llama to the mix and an alpaca or two.

She writes across several genre's including RomCom, Romantic Suspense and Contemporary. You can always expect a healthy dose of heat, intr

Alpha One (2 books)
  • Worth the Wait (Alpha One, #2)