Start by marking “Worth the Risk” as Want to Read:
Worth the Risk

Worth the Risk

(Alpha One #1)

It was supposed to be one night, no strings attached. But now she needs him more than ever...

ABE
Kalista isn’t just another client, she’s the face that’s been haunting my dreams for the last three months. I can’t get the woman out of my head, not since we shared one of the hottest nights of my life. She’s under my skin, and I want her back underneath me.
Keeping my head isn
Published January 4th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Worth the Risk, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Worth the Risk

Leo (Queen of the Rants)
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: safe
DJ Sakata
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Rating:
4.5
Favorite Quotes:

I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t appreciate me doing the sprinkler in bed. You’d come out the other side with some serious injuries.

His words are lost on me as I contemplate murdering him with a pair of my Jimmy Choos displayed on the shelf behind him. But I decide against it. I don’t want to hurt my Jimmys.

I get it, but you have to stop looking at me the way you do. It’s distracting and frankly, I’ve already had to replace the batteries in my vibrator this week. At this
Rachel Roy
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. I was sucked in from the first page.

If you don't have the time to finish what you start, beware this book will trap you in it's pages for just that. I literally could NOT put it down.

Can't wait for the next one ;) Zac and Ellie's should have just as much drama!

Jem writes the best books. Make sure you read them all :)
Bloggers From Down Under
Jan 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** Received on behalf of the author for an honest review **
** Review by Gayle from Bloggers From Down Under **

I have read a few novels by JB Heller and I have loved every one of them, but I have to be completely honest here....This novel....Worth The Risk for me is the best from JB by far.

In this amazingly steamy, heartbreaking, soul crushing, and breathtaking read we meet Abe and Kalista. Both very different in the way their worlds work.
Abe owns his own security company after being a marine fo
Misty Warner
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book. I have read several books by this author and everyone has been amazing. This book is the first in the Alpha One series.
Abe is at his brothers wedding and can't pull his eyes from the beautiful blonde and her moves on the dancefloor. Once he gets her attention he calls her over. They quickly agree to one amazing night together.
Months later Abe is thrown for a loop when the beautiful blonde from his brothers wedding, the same girl he can't quit
Anastasia
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story!
Worth The Risk is the latest book from JB Heller, and I think it’s her best yet.

Abe is the epitome of tall, dark and handsome with a side of badass, and then Kalista catches his attention at his brother’s wedding. Kalista is beautiful, passionate and has an incredible strength even when faced with terrors that no one deserves to endure.

This story has everything you could ask for - fantastic characters, a kickass storyline, hot, steamy scenes. I seriously loved this story, it held
Kathleen Matthys
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! Abe is sexy overall and I loved his sweet side that came out when with Kally. I could picture Kally in my head; a strong and aloof society girl. I loved that they turned to mush around each other. I can't wait for the rest of the series! I can see lots of potential with the rest of Abe's team and Kally's brother, Michael.
Cheryl
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic

This is only the second book I have read of this author, she's totally amazing. Love her writing style, it's very easy to read and so mesmerizing. She draws you in with her words and grabs your throat until the book is finished. Loved her story so much. Well worth looking up this author, you won't be disappointed
Jennifer Richey
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow this book had me hooked this girl named Kalista hooks up with Abe at a wedding for one night but what happens when her father has to hire him to protect her as her body guard! Will the sparks still be there? So much action and deceit come out and I love it and can’t wait to read zak and Ellie’s book!
Deborah Harrell-jones
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you have read the Attraction series by J.B Heller then the characters in the book will be familiar to you. You do not have to read them to understand this book but it’s worth it if you do. This book is about Abe whom we meet up with in “Fierce Attraction” and we get a more in depth look at who he really is. He is the oldest brother of 3 and living the life of an ex-veteran in the security business. When he meets a woman at his brother’s wedding he does not think twice about having a night wit ...more
Robyn Corcoran
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Abe Jamieson, ex-military and now runs and owns of Alpha One Protective Services, meets Kalista Astor at his brother’s wedding and they have a ‘one night no strings attached’ ending to the meeting. Months later Abe is hired to protect Kalista after she receives threatening letters.

This is an easy to read story where it’s not just about the romance, which is a great story in and of itself, but the mystery and element of danger is exciting and at times very dramatic leaving you sitting on the edg
Khushboo
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sam Power
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fireworks At First Sight

Yet another great book from JB Heller, She has away of pulling you into the story from the first chapter.

Abe is at his brother Axel's wedding to Ashlynn who we meet in Fierce Attraction. A stunning blonde catches his eye. She turns out to be Ashlynn's cousin Kalista. There is sparks between them when they talk Abe offers Kalista a night of great mind-blowing sex with no strings attached.

Kelly
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Worth the Risk by JB Heller is worth the read!  I absolutely loved this book and the characters that have been created.  Abe is positively swoon worthy and I knew that there was more to Kalista than what meets the eye.  I went from loving her to “oh don’t be like that girl” and back to loving her again.

Kalista’s best friend Ellie is one of my
favourite characters in this book and to find out that she is getting her own book with Worth the Wait, I was over the moon.

Worth the Risk offers readers
Kathleen Johnstone
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Abe and Kalista i think there actually kinda awesome.
See they met at Axels wedding hes the grooms brother shes the brides cousin they spend 1 night together then go there separate ways only to met again in a few months when her lifes in danger.
Abe becomes her body guard and he protects her thats when the twists and turns come into play we met characters we fall in love with and plot twists happen now i won't lie one of the plot twists was kinda obvious we just had to learn who it was

I do
Betty Finch
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Abe and Kalista's story is amazing and a must read for all romance lovers.
After a one long night stand, Abe and Kalista never expect to see each other again, except in their dreams. Kalista is the daughter of a Senator and is very much in the limelight. When she is being threatened, her father hires the best protection agency around to protect her and find who is threatening her. In walks Abe and the fun begins.
This book contains steamy scenes, misunderstanding and awakenings, some plot twist t
Teri
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so glad I finally too the time to read a book by this author. I have seen her blurbs and read the reviews but had no idea what I was in for until I started. This book was all of it. Your emotions are tried and true by each of the characters and these two take the cake. They were never supposed to see each other again. But this is more than a love story there is action and intrigue and a massive web of deceit and lies it's crazy. I loved every bit of it and plan on continuing with this autho ...more
Shell Giallo
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Worth The Risk is the story of Abe and Kallista.

We met Abe in Fierce Attraction, he's Axel's big brother. He meets Kallista at Axel and Ashlynn's wedding and their chemistry was instant. They had a night of fun together but then went their separate ways.

Fast forward three months and Abe is hired to be a bodyguard for a senator's daughter...Kallista! She's being threatened and Abe's job is to protect her whilst trying not to act on the attraction they're both feeling for each other.

I really enjoy
Lisa Lyle
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story greatly written alittle bit of everything in it action steamy love story what more could a girl ask for...
Abe runs a security firm. He get's hired to protect senators daughter from a stalker. Kalista is that daughter. Can Abe keep things just business and keep her safe. Can they both leave it at one night !! I love the story and also loved we got to see a softer side to abe. Would definitely recommend this one ladies it as a bit of everything
Ebbie ~Author Groupies
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Worth the Risk is an amazing start to Ms Heller’s new series. This is everything I look for in a book: steamy, real, fast paced, and even some great witty quotes. I loved the characters and the banter between them was at times laugh out loud funny. This was s great, quick read and kept my attention from all the way throughout. I cannot wait for the next installment of this series.
Jaime Reynolds
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. There are great characters and a storyline that kept me wanting more. Abe and Kalista are two awesome characters that had me laughing at their behavior and grumbling. All the while I was sitting on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next. Great story overall and I cannot wait for more.
Victoria
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read. It’s full of suspense and drama. It will have you feeling all sorts of emotions as it sucks you in from the beginning. I loved the banter and the chemistry between the characters is sizzling and steamy hot. A great storyline that will keep you intrigued and entertained until the end. Looking forward to reading more. I voluntarily reviewed an advance copy of this book.
Ann Gibbs
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this fabulous book! Abe and Kalista have blazing hot chemistry and are perfect together. So much happens in this story that brings you danger, drama, action, some humor, and of course love. I can't wait for the next book!
Jeanie
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book!
The storyline has everything you could ask for and then some. It held me captive from the beginning to the end. Abe has met his match with Kalista. Who knew what a one night stand would turn into? I can’t wait for the next installment of this series.
R yatsko
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story is a great mixture of sweet and sexy...
....suspense, action, and the chemistry between them is off the charts!

It is told in many POV, each character had their own story to tell,
....I like this, seeing their thoughts...

Waiting for book 2
Sally Marriott
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was an awesome cross between a hot romance book and an action book. Both kinds of books I love to read so for me it was perfect. Cannot wait for the next instalment
Thank you for your review.
Thi
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first read from this author and I enjoyed it very much. I love the chemistry between Abe and Kallie. Abe just smolders off the pages. It took awhile to warm up to Kalista at first but she got better as the story progressed. Can’t wait for Zak and Ellie’s book.
Stefanie Nelson hetland
Amazing

This is my first book i read by the author and I loved it!! I couldn’t put it down! So much hotness and suspense. Can’t wait to read more
Sally
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great read, really enjoyed Abe and Kalista's story. Great twists and a surprise near the end kept me intrigued. Look forward to reading more in this series.
Yvonne Dawkins
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Well I read these books the wrong way round and read Worth the Wait first but what an amazing book thoroughly enjoyed both looking forward to Worth the Fall
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• My Hot Neighbor
  • His Whiskey Sour (The Cocktail Girls)
  • When Opposites Collide Boxset
  • Friends with Benefits (Beta Brothers, #2)
  • Guarding Her Heart (Renegade Love Bodyguard, #1)
  • Miles (Army Wives, #3)
  • Ember (Ember Series Book 1)
  • Faith (A Next Generation Carter Brother Novel Book 1)
  • Right Kiss Wrong Guy (Offsides, #2)
  • Wrong Side of Heaven (Broken Wings Duet, #1)
  • Cross Stroke (On the Edge, #1)
  • Monday Night Guy (My Guy series, #1)
  • Such Violent Delights: A Holiday Paranormal Romance Anthology
  • Ever After (Dirtshine, #3)
  • Dirty Blue (Dirty Justice, #1)
  • Breaking the Ice (Juniper Falls, #2)
  • Comfort Zone (Awkward Love, #4)
  • More than Roommates
JB Heller is an average Aussie housewife in her early 30’s with a wicked sexy imagination. JB and her family live in Central Queensland, Australia on a mini farm of sorts, surrounded by animals.

She writes both romantic suspense and contemporary romance with a healthy splash of wit. You'll love her dashingly handsome alpha hero's and their feisty counterparts. Then swoon over her beautifully damage

Alpha One (2 books)
  • Worth the Wait (Alpha One, #2)