Start by marking “The Mirror Crack'd / A Caribbean Mystery / Nemesis / What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw! / The Body in the Library” as Want to Read:

The Mirror Crack'd / A Caribbean Mystery / Nemesis / What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw! / The Body in the Library (Miss Marple #3, 8, 9, 10, 12)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  933 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Agatha Christie: Five Complete Miss Marple Novels (The Mirror Crack'd / A Caribbean Mystery / Nemesis / What Mrs. Mcgillicuddy Saw! / The Body in the Library)
Published June 13th 1984 by Random House Value Publishing (first published January 1st 1980)

Be the first to ask a question about The Mirror Crack'd / A Caribbean Mystery / Nemesis / What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw! / The Body in the Library

Serena
Miss Marple 08 What Mrs McGillicuddy Saw! (4:50 from Paddington) *****
Miss Marple 03 The Body in the Library *****

My Rating System:
Thomas Ceneri
I've read Nemesis and The Mirror Crack'd. I enjoyed both because I love Miss Marple. However, Nemesis for me was the darker of the two, it being the last mystery that Christie wrote while alive (she had one saved for after her death). It involved two sisters and their secrets.
The Mirror Crack'd is a lot of fun and about Hollywood. You'll enjoy both!
Krystin
Contains: The Mirror Crack'd, A Caribbean Mystery, Nemesis, What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw! , The Body in the Library
Nicola
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, detective
"Agatha Christie was the greatest exponent of the classical detective story. Her unique literary talents have crossed every boundary of age, race, class, geography and education. While she refined the template for a fictional form, the reading of her books became an international pastime." John Curran

I started reading and collecting Agatha Christie books when I was 9 years old. I adored her books and still do. There is a great comfort, as an adult, in reading her books and acute observations of
Prakash Murthy
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Classic Agatha Christie mysteries. Enjoyed reading all 5 novels included in this collection. Quick and easy read as well. `Nemesis` is quite likely my favorite among all the Agatha Christie novels/stories I have read so far. Very interesting fact that it was the last book she wrote before her death.

This edition of the book is poorly edited with many typos - which seem to break the reading rhythm regularly. Also, the order of novels is messed up. `The body in the library` should be first, but is
Becky
Aug 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Agatha Christie, and I think Miss Marple is my most beloved of her detectives.
Elizabeth
- Postern Of Fate
- Murder at the Vicarage
- Curtain
- Hallowe'en Party
- What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw !
- The Body in the Library
- The Moving Fi
Katy
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I just finished the 4th book in this collection: "What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw!" I really enjoyed it and there were tons of characters and details for me to sort out. I never would have guessed the actual person. I am currently reading the last book in this treasury. I love Miss Marple mysteries. However this particular version of these books by this publisher is not edited very well. There are many typos and wrong words In the middle of sentences. The books themselves are great stories though!!!
Shannon
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Not as good as the Poirot books. They are well written books and I would have given another 1/2 star if I could, but I just couldn't give 4 stars. I found it kind of annoying that the best and brightest of Scotland Yard were consistently made to look like blind idiots by an old lady armed with nothing more than a knack for recognizing personality types. I'm maybe just getting wise to the tricks but I found the Marple novels more predictable than the Poirot series.
Michael
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Actual rating 4.5

And then there were none...

Glad to have finally read this, as I've been saying for a couple of years now that I would pick it up. I quite liked the fact that each story was so unique in it's formula and it's characters, although not having read much Miss Marple before, I did find it a little odd just how little she featured in the stories sometimes.
Erika
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Again - I've read every mystery I could get my hands on from Agatha Christie so I'll just give a general review. Her books are timeless and amazing. I even own a few - since I have the happy problem of never remembering "whodunit" it's new every time!
Carrie
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked The Mirror Cracked, A Caribbean Mystery, and Nemesis. the other two stories were okay, but not as interesting. I was disappointed by the character development in What Mrs. Mcgillicuddy Saw. It was weak.
Mark
Nov 21, 2013 added it
Christie deserves her fame. That's how you tightly structure a novel without seeming to. And I just like the idea of this old lady connecting all the dots while the young folks run around in an exitless maze.
Cheryl
What can I say? It's an Agatha Christie mystery and not just one but 5, if you've never read one then its time. Miss Marple is so much more fun than Sherlock, after all, who can resist a fluffy little old lady who solves everything by just using her common sense and knowledge of human nature.
Elaine
Jan 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Agatha Christie fans, cozy fans
Shelves: own, mystery-cozy
This is a very good anthology, although the order of the books is confusing. They are not in chronological order nor published order and they are not five books in the Miss Marple series in a row, they jump around. However, they are all good novels.
Paula
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was definitely fun. The mysteries were not predictable and I found the character of Miss. Marple to be an enjoyable one. I would read the others in the series.
Rjj
Nov 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
A nice collection, but the order makes no sense at all.
Sharon Beers
Feb 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: agatha-christie
A compilation of five very good Agatha Christie novels; The Mirror Crack'd, A Carribean Mystery, Nemesis, What Mrs.
McGillicuddy Saw, and The Body in the Library.
Deena
May 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-spy-p-i
The queen of the who done it. I really like the Miss Marple series.
Zoey
Dec 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: boston
This is specifically for What Mrs. McGillicuddy Saw!, because it's only in collections. So far, I liked it best of these five Miss Marple novels, but I still have one left!
sandra
Nov 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
mysteries and thriller. Also, the plot is unpredictable.
Nicole Marino
Aug 15, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars for the stories, 5 for the collection.
Julia
Jul 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Interesting how dated some of the stories are. Didn't mean I didn't enjoy them, just that slang, in particular, was noticeable because of its outdatedness.
Liz V.
Oct 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Poorly proofed but good choices for collection.
Shawn
Jul 14, 2013
  • Great Detectives: A Century of the Best Mysteries from England and America
  • The World of the Short Story: A Twentieth Century Collection
  • Jeeves, Jeeves, Jeeves
  • The Scandal of Father Brown (Father Brown, #5)
  • Rabbit is Rich; Rabbit Redux; Rabbit, Run
  • Monsieur
  • Nightmare Abbey; Crotchet Castle
  • Kiss, Kiss / Switch Bitch / My Uncle Oswald
  • The Art of Fact: A Historical Anthology of Literary Journalism
  • His Last Bow: Some Reminiscences of Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock Holmes, #8)
  • Shamans Through Time
  • The Fantasy Worlds of Peter Beagle
  • The Best of Mystery: 63 Short Stories Chosen by the Master of Suspense
  • Don't Open This Book
  • The Big Bow Mystery
  • Six Mary Westmacott Novels: Giants' Bread / Absent in the Spring / Unfinished Portrait / The Rose and the Yew Tree / A Daughter's a Daughter / The Burden
  • Murder for Christmas
  • A Whisper in the Dark

More about Agatha Christie...

Miss Marple (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Murder at the Vicarage (Miss Marple, #1)
  • The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple, #2)
  • The Body in the Library (Miss Marple, #3)
  • The Moving Finger (Miss Marple, #4)
  • A Murder Is Announced (Miss Marple, #5)
  • They Do It with Mirrors (Miss Marple, #6)
  • A Pocket Full of Rye (Miss Marple, #7)
  • 4:50 from Paddington (Miss Marple, #8)
  • The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side (Miss Marple, #9)
  • A Caribbean Mystery (Miss Marple, #10)