Start by marking “Porcupine's Pie” as Want to Read:
Porcupine's Pie

Porcupine's Pie

WINNER OF THE SPARKHOUSE FAMILY PICTURE BOOK CONTEST!
Published October 9th 2018 by Beaming Books

To ask other readers questions about Porcupine's Pie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Porcupine's Pie

Laurie
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interest Level: K-3; Reading Level: 1.6

What would you do if it was time for the Fall Feast Day and your friends needed help with their recipes? Would you help them? Of course you would! But what if you didn't have everything you needed? Would you just give up? Well not Porcupine! It was time for the Fall Feast Day and she was about to make her Famous Cranberry Pie. As she is on her way to wash off the cranberries she runs into her friends, each one missing a major ingredient for their recipes. P
Baby Bookworm
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: our-reviews
Hello, friends! Sorry for our long hiatus, but we’re back! Our book today is Porcupine’s Pie, written by Laura Renauld and illustrated by Jennie Poh, a delightful tale of generosity and friendship.

Fall Feast Day is here, and Porcupine is prickled with excitement – she can’t wait to bake her famous Cranberry Pie for all her friends. Gathering her cranberries, she sets off to the river to wash them, running into her friend Squirrel along the way. Inquiring as to whether Squirrel will be making her
Linda
This sweet story by Laura Renauld--out tomorrow--is the winner of the Beaming Books picture book writing contest! Porcupine prepares for Fall Feast Day by taking off for the river to wash her cranberries. On the way, she meets several animals like Squirrel and asks them if they are preparing the favorite dishes she remembers from last year. Squirrel replies no, no "Nut Bread" this year because she has no flour. Generous Porcupine is happy to share her flour and tells squirrel to help herself. T ...more
Nancy
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sharing and Friendship on Fall Feast Day

Porcupine is excited about Fall Feast Day and ready to make her famous cranberry pie. The first step in the recipe is “Wash the berries.” Porcupine sets off for the river. On the way she meets her friends, squirrel, bear, and doe. They too are excited by Fall Feast Day, but each lacks an ingredient to prepare their special dish.

Porcupine is a generous friend. She gives each animal the ingredient they need to make their treat. When she reaches the river sh
Jill Steeley
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This delightful picture book is perfect for a fall read-aloud for ages 4-8. Its theme is friendship and kindness. Porcupine is ready to make her favorite pie for the Fall Feast Day. She heads for the river to wash the cranberries for her pie and meets three friends along the way. Each is missing a key ingredient for his/her dish for the Fall Feast Day. She generously sends them to her house to get what they need as so goes on her errand. When she arrives at the river, she discovers her cranberri ...more
Teresa
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Porcupine’s Pie is a heartwarming and adorable tale of friendship and reciprocation. Readers follow Porcupine as she selflessly offers other animals any extra ingredients that she has, and they, in turn, come to the rescue when she absently loses her ingredient, making for a satisfying full-circle ending. Endearing illustrations rendered in a muted, yet cheerful, autumn palette complements the text perfectly. There is enough quietness to make this a good pre-naptime book, yet the fun little adve ...more
Allyson
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's Fall Feast Day! Porcupine is going to make her famous cranberry pie, but what about her friends? They don't have the right ingredients for their culinary creations! But not to worry, Porcupine has all they need. Porcupine is having a great day--until things go wrong. Will she be able to make her pie in the end?Porcupine's Pie by Laura Renauld is a delightful story of friendship and kindness. In this story, children learn that when you give kindness, it always comes back to you somehow!You c ...more
Jacqui Boulter
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Porcupine's Pie tells the story of a porcupine who ventures out to wash cranberries for her pie and offers the ingredients in her pantry to her woodland friends who need them to make their own culinary creations. When Porcupine discovers that she has dropped her cranberries, her friends offer their extra ingredients to her and they enjoy a Fall Feast Day together. Children ages 4-8 will enjoy this story about the bonds of friendship and sharing. A delightful read.
Mindy Baker
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book made me want to celebrate Fall Feast Day! I love books with recipes. They provide such a great avenue to spend time with my kids. Not only do you get to read the story, but you can create a special memory together as you make and eat the treat. Not only does it provide a recipe, but this book is rich with the themes of sharing and friendship. It will make a great addition to any family library.
Dream Reader Kids
Oct 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pocupine’s Pie is going to be on our Fall bookshelf, for many years to come. The message it teaches children about friendship and sharing is exactly what I want my daughter to embody. We enjoyed making the pie recipe in the back of the book and sharing with our friends. This cute little Porcupine has become a fast favorite in our household.
Jen Malia
Dec 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful picture book about friendship and sharing. The story kept me and my kids guessing what was going to happen until the end. The best part about this book is that it’s one of those rare books that my kids want me to read to them over and over again. I love it so much that I’m happy to do so.
Julie Gonzalez
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't like a warm, sweet pie story for fall? This adorable book promotes kindness and sharing and is perfect for cuddling up and reading with little ones as the weather gets brisk. (Though it can be enjoyed year round!) I definitely recommend!
Colleen
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got an advanced copy of this book which is coming out later this year because Laura and I went to college together. I loved this book. It was sweet and loving and will be perfect for Thanksgiving themed story times (for which I am always looking for good books). Highly recommended.
Andrea at Reading Lark
Review Coming Soon!
Kelly
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved the message of a Porcupine helping her neighbors, and her neighbors helping her.
Karyn
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
Adorable story perfect for Thanksgiving story time at the library
Ann
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
PORCUPINE’S PIE is a story of kindness and friendship and is simply delightful! An ideal addition to any PreK-grade 2 classroom library or child’s bookshelf!
Doug