Start by marking “The Forbidden Brother (The McNeill Magnates #7)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Brother (The McNeill Magnates #7)

The Forbidden Brother

(The McNeill Magnates #7)

One night of passion, mistaken identity…

and unmistakable consequences!

Jillian Ross craves adventure. And she gets it when her new career as a film scout leads her to the ranch owned by the wealthy Wyoming McNeills. Giving in to temptation with the playboy McNeill causes havoc—since it’s actually his reclusive twin, Cody, she’s fallen for! Now she’s pregnant—and still can’t
Published July 3rd 2018 by Harlequin Desire

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden Brother, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forbidden Brother

Maria Rose
The Forbidden Brother by Joanne Rock is the seventh story in her McNeill Magnates series, a broad family based set of Western themed romances. While each romance in this series is a standalone, there are some story arcs that continue from one book to the next, introducing subplots to entice the reader to want to pick up more of the stories.

Jillian Ross is in remission from breast cancer and finding her feet again. She’s got an adventurous job scouting movie locations, and the perfect place for a
2OCC Reviews
Shelves: gemma
The Forbidden brother was a short but enjoyable story that I read within one sitting. There was a lot of chemistry between the main characters and I really loved them together. I really enjoyed the storyline between these two characters. I did find that at the end of the story that I had a lot of questions that weren’t answered and hope that there is another story after this one.

Jillian was a strong female character that had been through a lot in the past few years. I really loved the way that s
Romance Between The Sheets
The Forbidden Brother has the main storyline and then another two running around the center. This annoyed me as I found myself getting into the romance between Cody and Jillian and then we were taken to another character and their issues, especially Scarlet.

It was unresolved at the end with Cody and Jillian and considering her miracle I really wanted to see an ending for them. I have not read any of the other books in the series and do not feel like I was missing anything. There are great charac
Char (1RadReader59)
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Although I enjoyed this short story there were a lot of answers left unanswered for me with no explanation at the end to let you if more was to come. Or what or why?

The two main characters were engaging enough but just when I was starting to feel we were going to go somewhere the story was over. So, we don’t find out about the movie, who wrote the note, Cody’s stepmom’s secrets or health, Scarlett’s ex, does Cody marry Jillian, does her pregnancy go well???, etc.….

There seems to be a whole lo
Nancy Ku
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Forbidden Brother (The McNeill Magnates #7) by Joanne Rock ..I really enjoyed this book and can't wait for Wild Wyoming Nights in August. Thank you NetGalley for letting me preview this book.
Jillian and Cody's story made me laugh and cry and also understand what a person with breast cancer goes through. There is drama and steamy sex and a HEA...but the mystery of Paige ..Cody's stepmom continues on... can't wait.
Harlie Williams
Oh, I love this series.  Now we are dealing with the Wyoming side of things and I will admit, I miss my other boys.  But I digress.   This side is going to be a doozy for sure.  Between Scarlett, the youngest and my absolute favorite so far, their mom and her secret, the dad being so obstinate and the other twin brother, this one is going to be awesome.

Jillian is one of my favorite female characters that Ms. Rock has written to date.  A survivor but doesn't play the victim, she is going after he
Cynthia
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read of this author, it was very entertaining and kept my attention. I loved the twists and turns along with many surprises. The mystery pulls you in leaving you wondering how it will all play out. This is a series some questions will be answered other will be coming up in the rest of the series. I really don’t like what I call a cliffhanger but it does make you want to buy the other books in the series just to find out how the mystery of the mother is going to play ...more
Danielle Urban
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Forbidden Brother by Joanne Rock is amazing! I was left begging for more. I want to read every book by this writer. Romance, check. Emotional journey, check. Hot heroes, check. Realistic situations, double check. This tale showed how a family reunites under trouble, stress, and how they can set aside their differences. Themes of responsibility, love, and family are shown throughout the pages. Being the older sibling, the main alpha hero has a lot to live up to, as well as balancing...sometim ...more
Lynn Brooks
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

Mistaken identity at the worst possible time! With another sassy read in The McNeill Magnates series, we are meeting the Wyoming side of the family and quickly become entrenched in their drama. It's fun to see hints of the New York guys as we get to know the cousins better. A strong foundation of secrets were exposed in this book, so I'm looking forward to what's to come in the series!

Film location scout Jillian Ross has found a location her boss is going to adore for the western fil
Marcie Robinson
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“The Forbidden Brother” by Joanne Rock is a continuation of her McNeill Magnates miniseries and introduces the Wyoming McNeill’s. This branch of the family features the children of Donovan McNeill and first up is son Cody.

Cody McNeill runs the family ranch and Jillian Ross is a movie studio location scout. She discovers the beauty of Black Creek Ranch and convinces her boss the land is perfect to film an upcoming movie. Now all she has to do is convince Cody, who is dead set against it.
Cody is p
Jessica Figueroa
Jul 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, arc, netgally
Jillian doesn't want to stay for long she wants to do more with he life now that she got a second chance. While shes working as a film scout her mission is to get the filming crew to a beautiful ranch if only the family can Cody to agree. So maybe if she can meet up with his brother she can convince him to change his brother mind. Thing is things get heated when she meets him not knowing she it was actually Cody and things get complicated when she finds out she pregnant.

This book was just what I
Wednesday Stanley
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
So we are back with the almighty McNeill family. This time though its the other side of the McNeill family. And we are following Cody and Jillian.

Look I liked both Cody and Jillian. I thought they both were kind, sweet, and caring. You could tell how much Cody cared about his family. And I felt for Jillian and what she had gone through.

I will say this though I felt like some of the family dynamics I'm used to in these books was missing in this one. Yes Cody's family was in it and you could tell
Angela Crockett
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a awesome story. This book touched me in so many different ways. Jillian Ross, Cancer survivor working to secure access to a ranch for the movie company she works for. After being denied access by the owner she takes a chance and tries to go through his brother. Unbeknown to her he is a twin and the brother that she was hoping to contact all along was the one she had such a hard time contacting. Cody McNeil was adamant on not giving the movie studio access to his ranch. But the drama d ...more
Yvonne Cruz
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short novel takes us to the McNeill’s of Wyoming .
Cody, the oldest and most serious of the clan meets Jillian Ross, a film scout when she approaches him thinking Cody is his brother Carson. Sexual attraction is immediate until not only does she call out Carson’s name, but also the condom breaks.
Without giving away the plot, I will say that the plot was engaging and both characters were complex and very likable. Dealing with real life circumstances such as an unplanned pregnancy, especially
Dj
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
One night of passion, mistaken identity…and unmistakable consequences! Jillian Ross craves adventure. And she gets it when her new career as a (film scout) leads her to the ranch owned by the wealthy Wyoming McNeills. But the owner of the Black Creek Ranch she’s sold the film company on, isn’t budging. His answer is no! He has no social media presence so she decides to try getting his brother on the neighboring ranch to convince him to relent. Giving in to temptation with the playboy Carson McNe ...more
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has secrets, passion, love, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
The Magnate's Mail-Order Bride (The McNeill Magnates #1)
The Magnate's Marriage Merger
His Accidental Heir
Little Secrets: His Pregnant Secretary
Claiming His Secret Heir
For the Sake of His Heir (The McNeill Magnates #6)

This is Jillian and Cody’s story. Jillian needs Cody to allow filming on his property. He wants nothing to do w
Chanel
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-cowboys
I finished this book with more questions than answers. A guess that's what happens when you start a Series on Book 7. Plus, this book ends just when things start getting "real" for the main couple- Cody and Jillian. Cody McNeill is a reclusive rancher that falls hard for the independent, career minded Jillian. Jillian is a cancer survivor. which makes Jillian not your typical Harlequin Romance female star. The story ends abruptly, as I really wanted to read more about the romance of this mixed m ...more
Erica
Jul 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really need to read all of the books in this series, Cody was enough to make me want to devour the series.
Jillian is in town to get Cody McNeill to let a production company film on his property. Problem is he's the opposite of his brother. He's a loner of sorts, likes his privacy and wants nothing to do with Hollywood on his land. His brother on the other hand is a bit of a playboy, loves attention and Jillian sees him as her way to get to his brother.
A one time hookup ends awkwardly when she
Belinda
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jillian is craving adventure after what she has went through 2 years ago...She goes to Wyoming to try to get a location for a movie. She has repeatedly tried to get them to agree so she goes there...While at a bar she spots who she thinks is Carson. She follows him and after a steamy hot connection where she utters his name she finds out it is Cody..The notorious brother that does not want this to happen...

This is a really good book I don't want to give much away about as this series is so good
Jimnlori
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved The Forbidden Brother by Joanne Rock!
Jillian Ross is craving a little excitement and adventure in her life and feels that she more than deserves it. Stumbling upon the McNeill family playboy one night is a temptation she doesn't want to walk away from, but that one night stand has consequences. Consequences neither one expected! She finds out that she has fallen for the wrong brother and she is pregnant, something she thought could never happen.
Cody doesn't care that meeting and spendi
Jaymy M.
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
I really liked this one. It starts hot and fast and doesn't burn out. Cody does see a little red when he discovers at just the worst moment she did mistake him for his twin, who she had hoped to kiss up to in order to get him to change his mind on a business request. Throw in some family squabbles, a generation-old grudge and an unexpected diagnosis for the gal who licked breast cancer and is out discovering the world and you have a fun read.
What I wasn't crazy about in this one was all of the l
Toni
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

The McNeill Magnates by Joanne Rock are one of my favorite ongoing series. The new shift in continuing stories within the Desire line means that the Wyoming stories are that much more complex and that much more fun. The Forbidden Brother is the first of this trilogy and when I finished reading all I wanted to do is keep reading the next installment. While Cody and Jillian’s story comes mostly to a resolution there is so much more going on in the family that you want to dive right in to the next
Kathleen Booker
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jillian mistakes one twin for the other and finds herself falling for him and ends up pregnant after she was told she probably would not be able to have babies due to her cancer treatment. Cody pretends to be his twin to meet the pretty redhead in bar and finds himself falling for her and when he discovers that she was looking for his brother to get to him for permission to use his ranch for movie he gets upset but can't stay away from her. In the end, they decide to have her adventures together ...more
Francis M.
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The forbidden brother! This writer shocked me again. Even though the other books were pretty repetitive, I couldn’t just give up on the series I wanted to know everything about the other McNeill’s from Wyoming, and I’m very happy I got to them.... I don’t think the title fits this book, trying to find out what the “forbidden” part is. Anyway, I love Jillian and Cody’a story... can’t wait to read the next one!
Ree
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A case of mistaken identity leads to one of the best experiences in Cody McNeil & Jillian Ross' lives, but what happens when reality throws them an even steeper curve?

I enjoyed this book. Joanne Rock is doing a great job keeping me interested in the McNeil clan by drawing us deeper into a web of secrets and possible scandals. I can't wait to read more! This is a series I would definitely recommend.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this nouvelle! Fast and easy read. Cody is about running the ranch and Jillian is scout for a movie crew to get the best locations. Now the Jillian has gotten a second chance at life she doesn’t want to waste it by settling down. It’s a case of mistaken identity when she approaches “Carson” to try and convince him to change Cody’s mind about filming on his family’s ranch. Sleeping with “Carson” and having the condom break is just the icing on the cake. There is undeniable chemistry betw ...more
Fran
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a nice read with very low angst and likable characters. While I felt for Cody since I too am the "serious" sibling in my family and would have loved to trade places with my "fun' siblings a time or two....
Jillian is a strong heroine and I really liked their romance. So for anyone who likes "angst" in their romances, give it a try because sometimes it's nice to read something different instead of the same overused themes!
Heather andrews
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There are times Cody means business, “and I can assure you, if there are, I won’t be a difficult man to reach.” Cody is like the sweetest man when it comes to his woman, “you have to let me take care of you, though. Good food. Enough rest.” He kissed her again, lingering this time until her body heated with awareness. “And if I opt to spend the day in bed with you, you have to tell me if I wear you out.” I liked this book, I fell in love with Cody.
Kristy
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked Cody and Jillian's story. I felt for both of these characters, and I'm glad they are on their way to being together. I'd not read any of the previous books in the series, so I almost felt left out of the loop. Even though it was standalone, the story arcs of Scarlett and Paige were unresolved. I assume they resolve in the next or future books in the series.
Lori Byrd
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a smooth flowing read, I found that it was hard to put down. No slow spots in this one. Great story line that I bought hook, line and sinker! I'm looking forward to reading more from this talented author!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bargain Basement: Harlequin Desire for .99 1 5 Aug 16, 2018 05:19AM
Harlequin Desire:...: The Forbidden Brother by Joanne Rock 1 1 Jun 30, 2018 02:01PM
  • Chicks Dig the Accent
  • Bare (Exposed, #2)
  • Eoin (Irish Rugby #2)
  • The Billionaire in Her Bed
  • Deep
  • Leading the Witness (Conflict of Interest, #4)
  • Cheeky King (Royals Undercover, #2)
  • The Wedding March (The Business of Weddings #4)
  • Heart of a SEAL (Hearts of Valor, #1)
  • Rodeo Rancher (Rodeo, Montana, #2)
  • Avenging Kiss (Savage Security, #2)
  • Ethan's Daughter: Templeton Cove Stories (Templeton Cove, #7)
  • The Fireman's Son (Where Secrets Are Safe #11)
  • Bad Boy Rancher (Rocky Mountain Cowboys #3)
  • Anywhere With You
  • The Billionaire's Private Scandal
  • Runaway Groom (Watkin's Pond, #1)
  • Spooning Daisy
USA Today bestselling author Joanne Rock writes romance novels in a variety of sub-genres, from family sagas to sexy contemporaries. A popular workshop speaker, Joanne parlays her experience in the college classroom to substantive seminars that motivate, educate and inspire. Her book Self Promotion: Your Guide to Launching a Book is the culmination of requests for her notes on this topic. She has ...more

The McNeill Magnates (9 books)
  • The Magnate's Mail-Order Bride (The McNeill Magnates #1)
  • The Magnate's Marriage Merger (The McNeill Magnates #2)
  • His Accidental Heir (The McNeill Magnates #3)
  • Little Secrets: His Pregnant Secretary (The McNeill Magnates #4)
  • Claiming His Secret Heir (The McNeill Magnates #5)
  • For the Sake of His Heir (The McNeill Magnates #6)
  • Wild Wyoming Nights (The McNeill Magnates #8)
  • One Night Scandal (The McNeill Magnates #9)