Start by marking “Fatal Invasion (Fatal, #13)” as Want to Read:
Fatal Invasion (Fatal, #13)

Fatal Invasion

(Fatal #13)

First the fire, then the heat…

A brutal home invasion. Two small traumatized survivors who may have witnessed the horror. Lieutenant Sam Holland has never worked a case quite like this one, in which her eyewitnesses are five-year-old twins. But when Sam steps up in a big way for them, she risks her heart as much as her career.

While Sam and her husband, Vice President Nick C
Published November 27th 2018 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about Fatal Invasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fatal Invasion

Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
This is one of the ONLY series that deserves my 5 stars every single time!!!

I absolutely LOVED this book!!!!!!!! I'm so in love with all the characters, but especially with Sam and Nick, they are true relationship and couple GOALS!! I had the BEST time reading this book. And lucky me I could read it in one sitting, no interruptions, just me, Sam and Nick and the rest of the cast.

I feel almost bad saying it out loud, but I love the FATAL series even more than my beloved JD ROBB In Death series, a
DJ Sakata
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

All eyes turned to an older, stern-looking woman, who looked like she’d been sucking on a particularly sour kosher dill for the last five years.

“I have to play nice with him and ‘work together.’ Ever since elementary school I’ve gotten marked down in the ‘plays well with others' category." “A problem that has dogged you well into adulthood…”

Dr. Anderson returned with Sam’s discharge paperwork. “I had this made for you,” he said, handing her a card that had a hole punched in it…
Jonetta
Lieutenant Samantha (Sam) Holland and her homicide team’s latest case is a house fire in an affluent area of the Washington, D. C. area where two people died and it wasn’t an accident. More ominously, they appear to be the owners and their 5-year old twins are missing. Meanwhile, Detective Sergeant Tommy (Gonzo) Gonzales is battling his own demons, spiraling downward following the murder of his former partner, A. J. Arnold, right before his eyes. His home life is in shambles and now it’s startin ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
A brutal home invasion, a double homicide, and an arson. The only potential witnesses are two five year old twins who have been traumatized beyond imagination. Lieutenant Sam Holland has vowed to not only solve the case and find justice for the victims, but to ensure the safety of her young charges. With her very unique brand of police work and her bevy of equally entertaining support characters, this story turned out to be a thrilling whodunit!

I met so many wonderful people in this book and I'm
Mo
Dec 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from this author. I love Sam. I think I might have mentioned this in previous reviews! I love her kick-ass attitude, her "take no shit" attitude, her strength, her love for her family and her colleagues and her putting those assholes in their place, those who deserve it! You know who I am talking about.

"Does your family know you're guilty of being a dick? Of course they do. Silly of me to ask."

She has to deal with some right pricks.

Sam marched to the beat of her own drumme
Nicola
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
2018 saw me inhale Marie Force’s Fatal series to date, and the 13th instalment is as fresh, fast-paced and emotion driven as each of its predecessors.

description If there’s one thing we ought to know by now, it’s that there’s nothing predictable or guaranteed about this life of ours.”

As always, Force balances suspense with romance as Sam is faced with solving a heart wrenching homicide case resulting in 5-year-old twins becoming orphans, alongside juggling being a mum, Nick’s imminent trip overseas, her
Mei
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Thank God! I was so afraid that this series was going downhill after the #12 debacle, but this one was actually very good!

Here we have action, investigation, insight with other couples, sweet moments... And everything is perfecly balanced! It is still too perfect, but there's just enough bad to balance things!

I'm happy that it got back in track!
Diane
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right up there with the best of them! Such a great story told here - gotta love Sam and Nick, bantering, action, some nasty people, some set backs and new challenges! This is one of the best in the series! I couldn't stop reading. Thank you Marie Force.

From the blurb: A brutal home invasion. Two small traumatized survivors who may have witnessed the horror. Lieutenant Sam Holland has never worked a case quite like this one, in which her eyewitnesses are five-year-old twins. But when Sam steps up
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

The Fatal series is one of the best in this genre and rather unique. Most romantic suspense series are based around something like a police force, security company,  military team or something similar with each book featuring a different couple.  This series is all about the same couple as they progress in their relationship a
Anne OK
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic installment to the oh-so-popular "Fatal" series. Sam and Nick are at it again -- more suspense, more wit and sass and, of course, more ROMANCE!

FULL REVIEW WILL BE POSTED CLOSER TO RELEASE DATE.
Sunny
4.5 stars. This series just keeps getting better. Loved this particular book. Very satisfying.
Paraphrodite
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
4 stars.

On first glance, the synopsis of this book is very similar to Survivor in Death with Sam taking in children who are witnesses to their parents' murders. But that's about it. Sam has such strong maternal instincts that we don't really see in Eve.

This is a book that deals with lots of different issues. (view spoiler)
Erin Lewis
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 Star Review of Fatal Invasion (Fatal # 13) by Marie Force

Since this is book 13 in the series, there is always the concern that the books could get repetitive, however in my opinion this is not the case.

Although this is book 13 in the series, I do not believe that anyone new to these books would have trouble following the story, however I would encourage you to go back and read the previous books as and when you have time.

This was one of those books I was riveted to from start to finish, I di
Becki
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lovely-smut
I am all about this series. Any book in this series (any book by this author, for that matter) goes straight onto my "to read" shelf- sight unseen!
Fran
This is definitely my favorite book of the series so far. I love these characters so much and I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Catherine (The Sassy Bookster)
4.5 Stars

Sam Holland never does anything the easy way but she'll always do the right thing, and that is just one of the many reasons why she is so much loved by her friends and her loved ones.

And she does the right thing for a couple of traumatized five year-old kids when their parents are murdered in the most horrific way ever: she finds justice for them and also opens her heart and home to them.

But this story is much more than that. It's about the type of relationship that everyone hopes for
Kathryn
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another satisfying book in a series I love. I really liked the family emphasis in this one and where it takes the second family in their journey.
Norma
Another amazing installment in one of my most favorite series. This one had all the feels. I won't spoil it, but I will say, make sure you read the excerpt of the next book!!
Elisa Hordon
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well now that was one explosive, fast-paced, emotional read which is what I have come to expect from Marie Force and her Fatal series, she never disappoints.

Sam and Nick are back and seriously better than ever, a home invasion that may be more than it seems or could it be something fairly simple, Freddie and Elin are about to walk down the aisle of marriage, Gonzo is spiraling way out of control and Christina has finally reached the end of her rope or has she can love really conquer all or are s
Kate Vale
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thirteenth in the Fatal series and each book just keeps getting better and better and one I couldn't put down. In this installment, a pair of 5-year-old twins captures Lt. Sam Holland's heart when they are finally found after their parents are killed and their house is burned. Has one of the twins seen something? Is it the one who refuses to speak after being brought to Sam's house? Why have their parents been killed and by whom?

The most likely person is their father's former business partner,
Kathy
Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.

Fatal Invasion by Marie Force is a perplexing mystery with a likable cast of sympathetic characters. Although this newest release is the thirteenth installment in the Fatal series, it can be read as a standalone.

Lieutenant Samantha "Sam"  Holland is hoping to go on a foreign trip with her Vice President husband Nick Cappuano when she is called to the scene of a horrific fire which left two people dead. The victims are Jameson and Cleo Beauclair, a wealthy couple who are devoted to thei
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
This addition to the series reminds me why I fell in love with Sam & Nick in the first place. I've been less than thrilled with the last couple of books in this series, but really enjoyed this one. I do love these characters and felt more of the old magic while reading this story. Suspense, romance, & cute kids! Quite a huge step forward for Sam & Nick. A Must Read!
C Joy
As usual, Marie Force didn't disappoint. I give this a solid 5 stars after having lost sleep over it.

I read this in one sitting and found that I missed the crew. It's just a continuation and update of Sam, Nick, and their friends' lives (the supporting characters).

The love between Sam and Nick is indestructible and one could only pray for something like it. A new set of characters entered the picture and it's very interesting to see how they'll fit in the whole picture.

Not spoiling anything here
Alicia
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one

A true novel that really showed the heart of Sam, Nick and Scotty. While their jobs keep them busy, the true heart of who Nick and Sam truly are came blaring through. It was one of the most moving "Fatal" novels written to date.

The truth about Gonzo finally comes to a head. Freddie and Elin get married. Sam and Freddie realize their partnership has grown in leaps and bounds. Two, well three, children join the Cappuano family in an emergency basis...or perhaps longer. Sam and her
Lisa Gibbs
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew that I had to read this book on a weekend when I didn't have to put it down to go to work! Wow, this book has everything that I love about this series.

Nick and Sam certainly have a crazy life and it is about to get crazier when Sam crosses lines for two 5 year olds who were in the house when their parents were murdered and the house set on fire. As the race to find the killer unfolds we learn that Gonzo is in trouble. Christina is fed up with things as they are and Elin and Gonzalez's we
Cocktails and Books
What can I say about this 13th entry in the series that I haven't said before? Probably nothing...but I'll say this:
- The littles 😢🥰
- The Cappuano family 🥰🥰🥰
- Gonzo 😢
- Freddie and Elin
- Ramsay and Farnsworth 🤬
- The sneak peek at book 14 🤯😭😩😭
BookLover
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sam and Nick have been through so much in the last 13 books (yes! 13) that any new installment into their life is a plus in my book. They never have a “normal”, easy life due to their job titles (VP of the US and Lead detective and all around Badass). In this part of their life, they are facing many challenges. He has to go on a trip (which Sam very much is dreading) and she gets a big case that involves fire and twins. Her coworker, Gonzo (who has appeared in all the pervious books) is struggli ...more
Dawn Guidry
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
13 books in and this series still has me wanting more! Ms. Force says at the end of every book that she sees no end in sight for Sam and Nick, and I hope that continues for a long while yet.
I love the unconventional way that Nick and Sam have once again added to their family- they definitely
don’t do anything the easy way! The continuing stories of the supporting characters add some comic relief and added intrigue to an already fantastic series. I personally cannot wait to see detective Ramsey f
Shelley Youngblood
Fatal Invasion is book #13 in Marie Force's Fatal series and I have to say, the series just keeps getting better. I absolutely love how Marie intricately weaves multiple storylines about memorable characters throughout this entire series. The characters Marie writes about burrow their way deep into your heart and you don't realize how much you've missed them, until you begin reading the next installment of the series.

There are times I laugh, I cry and feel every emotion possible as I read this i
Myarn
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fatal Invasion by Marie Force 5 Stars

After the events of Fatal Chaos, we open this book with Nick getting his wish to "having a seat at the table". He is preparing for a three week trip to visit government officials of our allies. He is trying to convince Sam to come with him - the Queen of England, the Pope and new shoes were all mentioned. This scene is broken by a call - an arson, two murder victims and missing twins are all involved. I won't say anything more about the mystery - no spoilers.
2-3-4 Challenge B...: Fatal Invasion (#13) 1 6 Jan 13, 2019 04:08AM

• Maudlin's Mayhem (Bewitching Bedlam, #2)
  • Blue Skye (Woodland Village, #1)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)
  • Too Far Gone (Lucy Kincaid, #14)
  • Once Upon a Highland Summer
  • Stalked (The Profiler #4)
  • Arresting Love (Wild R Farm, #2)
  • Dune Drive (Chesapeake Diaries #12)
  • Trial by Fire
  • Sending Jack Off To Jesus (A Southern Thing, #2)
Marie Force is the New York Times bestselling author of contemporary romance, including the indie-published Gansett Island Series and the Fatal Series from Harlequin Books. In addition, she is the author of the Butler, Vermont Series, the Green Mountain Series and the erotic romance Quantum Series. In 2019, her new historical Gilded series from Kensington Books will debut with Duchess By Deception ...more

Fatal (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1)
  • Fatal Justice (Fatal, #2)
  • Fatal Consequences (Fatal, #3)
  • Fatal Flaw (Fatal, #4)
  • Fatal Deception (Fatal, #5)
  • Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6)
  • Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7)
  • Fatal Scandal (Fatal, #8)
  • Fatal Frenzy (Fatal, #9)
  • Fatal Identity (Fatal, #10)
“Insanity was defined as continuing to do the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” 0 likes
“sleeping as he always did with his arms thrown over his head and lips pursed into a kiss. More in love with their little man with every passing day, they shared a smile.” 0 likes