Start by marking “Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium” as Want to Read:
Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium

Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium

Azmoq is the rarest and most coveted metal on the planet. It’s the ultimate source and symbol of real power, and the Valantian Imperium controls it all in Valantia.

Or so they thought…

For the first time in generations, the Valantian Imperium, masters of the Valantian continent have glimpsed the first tremors of fear. There are rumors abound. Rumors of legends. Legends o
Published January 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Age of Azmoq, please sign up.
Rajamayyoor I have multiple plans :) . Sequels, spin offs, partially connected books - everything is on cards. Hopefully I get the time to write it all :)

Start your review of Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium
Loralee
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book is a highly imaginative tale following, for the most part, the perspective of Devrath who comes from a village where pretty much nothing ever happens. I imagined something like The Shire from The Lord of the Rings where they Hobbits live happy, contented lives, and know little to nothing of life outside their area. Devrath's contentedness ends though, when he begins a friendship with an outsider whose fate motivates Devrath to leave his village and start on an adventure.

I wish that I c
Anusha Jayaram
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Age of Azmoq (or AoA for short) is a riveting read. It starts slowly, taking the time to set the scene, drawing the reader in. Once the reader settles in though, it begins to move quickly, without a dull moment in between.

The beauty of AoA is the rich complexity of its fictional world. Rajamayyoor has succeeded in both, crafting an intricately etched fantasy world, and transporting a convinced reader right into it. The characters have been fleshed out well. One is neither burdened with too much
J.P. Willson
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I have no doubt this work was a labour of love for this author. The ideas conveyed are an interesting premise yet nothing compelling or dramatic by any means.
My first impression is that there is way too much explaining going on and not really much in the way of storytelling. The first 12 chapters were just one long explanation of the first batch of characters in this oversimplified and repetitively long scenario.
Then we get to part two and an entirely new set of characters are introduced. The e
Ruchi Patel
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned
5/5 ratings. The perfect book. I am always fan of fiction work. Nice writing. Nice storyline. Well written and grabs your attention. Must read !!
Shravya Gunipudi
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"The man raised his hands and jumped with such grace, it seemed he was going for a swim and not jumping in to end his life." - Rajamayyoor Sharma

TITLE:
First of all, there is an aura surrounding the title that gives it a rich, vibrant vibe of fantasy. It is deep, thought-provoking and definitely induces curiosity among readers.

When I read the title and saw the words 'Book 1: The Valantian Imperium', I knew for a fact that I was on an amazing journey to a series that would most definitely be some
Cecily Wolfe
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fascinating and imaginative fantasy! I loved the detail and complex world-building in this story, but was distracted a bit by the excessive explanation that interrupted the journey (both mine as a reader and that of the character). This could be shorter with the details included in the story as it unfolds, and would hold the reader's attention better for it. Still, this is quite a quest, with the promise of a fantastic series within, and hopefully the storytelling will shine through the u ...more
Sameer Suhail
Mar 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Stunning book - GoT just got an upgrade!! Incredible imagination and story-telling. I want to visit ‘end of the world’ Vilasboro, dive into the ‘White Destroyer’ Grand River. And while at it, I also need an Azmoqian sword!! And the characters, so powerful and mysterious, and yet somehow, so real!

Looking forward to the next book in the series..
Pratibha Pandey
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: indian-fiction, 2018
4.5 / 5

So so happy with this book. Finally the last one month of finding time from work schedule to read this totally worthy. I can tell a few faults in this but overall , I am really on a high from this story. MUST read !!
Sagnik Datta
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book easily got me captivated for its style of writing. Great #storytelling. Besides the amazingly gripping story that author @raja maintained throughout, what stunned me was the enforcement of logic while still letting it be fictional. No fiction was overtly done to point of disbelief, if you are a logical thinker. Some theories explained such as the way to build a sustainable society was extremely well done. I can't wait for the next release. Great job, writing.

If you love stories and wa
Jaci Miller
Apr 22, 2018 rated it liked it
The Age of Azmoq, by Rajamayyoor Sharma, is an epic fantasy that follows the protagonist through a journey of self-discovery as he realizes there is a much bigger world beyond the one he knows.

The pacing was slow at the beginning, centering around the budding friendship of the protagonist (Dev), and the village stranger Olmot. It was an interesting concept having a hero come from a laid-back and sheltered society, and then venturing out into a world he had no idea existed. Unfortunately, I found
Nicki White
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it
You would never think that this is a debut novel for Rajamayyor. It's stunning details and vibrancy to create life from book to your mind was impeccable.

I was nervous when this book landed on my kindle. Why? Because of its length. My reads don't usually reach that capacity.

I did find the building up to the plot to be on the long-winded side and it took me to about 20% to fully become immersed into the work.  I did find some of the introductions of few characters to be a bit much for our lead D
J.B. Trepagnier
Apr 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This is an ambitious work, but perhaps falls short a little due to needing a few more rounds of beta reading and a content editor. There are no obvious typos, but multiple times, I would be reading something and would wonder why it was even put in the book. An example would be at the beginning. A few people are worried about this mysterious stranger. We know he's hung around a while and that he carries around a mat. Several sentences were dedicated to the narrator talking about the mat, but not ...more
Febin Sagir
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Age of Azmoq made for a very delightful read. It is a fantasy epic in its own making. As the story unfolds, the reader is treated with the nuances and idiosyncrasies of the diverse, captivating and sometimes dark universe that the author Rajamayyoor Sharma has created.
The story employs some very intriguing elements like concept of a utopian place, the fascinating art of mind-reading and the mysterious substance that Azmoq is among other things. Also since the Valantian world is so different
Niyati Gogna
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium" by Rajamayyoor Sharma is one of it's kind of a book!

A delightful fantasy, so unique and captivating, that it engrosses and glues the readers from the beginning.

I have been disappointed by a few Indian fantasy authors however, Rajamayyoor Sharma totally stood upto my expectations, or even beyond the expectations.

The plot is woven meticulously, with fine detailing, vivid imagination and picturization, intelligent thinking and great selection of words!

The stor
Shreeraman
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is an definitely a must read for anyone who loves a nice mix of fantasy, philosophy,suspense and futuristic ideas. It is easy to raise similarities to other fantasies like lord of the rings or other similar books but that's just like saying apples and oranges are not different because they are both fruits. Description of war scenes and battlefield dilemmas were intriguing.I have mixed opinion about the footnotes. Though written as a fantasy world some of the parts seem like the directi ...more
Antonio
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Age of azmoq was a very satisfying read, and i cant wait for the rest of the series. Honestly, thats the only reason to not read this book - that it’s so engrossing that you will wish you had more to read.
The characters are solid, and reading the narration in different voices provides an interesting perspective to the story. The storyline itself is compelling, and the world Rajamayyoor has created is well thought out - even to the fine details in the footnotes.

This is as good a fantasy book as I
Neha Jayant
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read!

Age of Azmoq is some good writing by Raja Mayyoor Sharma. I recommend the book if you like a gripping story line and are a fantasy fan. Can't wait for the next one in the series!!
Shrainik
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Always good to read something written by someone you know.
Anuradha Gupta
Age of Azmoq : The Valantian Imperium by Rajamayyoor Sharma is a fantasy utopian novel based in a fictional world. Off late, I’ve started getting books which deal with a utopian/dystopian world, and am glad to have a change from the cliched romance novels which just doesn’t seem to end its run! Anyway, continue reading to know what this book holds.

Azmoq, the most precious metal on the planet is under the control of the country’s governing body, the Valantian Imperium. With numerous known and unk
ANTONY
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rajamayyoor Sharma’s AGE OF AZMOQ,The Valantian Imperium is a fascinating epic fiction of fantasy, magic and sorcery.It is full of mind boggling actions and adventures that can engage us with all the entertainment of mythology and politics.

When I enter into the awe-inspiring realms of people with godly powers, super life-threatening weapons living in the ancient era through this epic fiction, I am flabbergasted by the beautiful tale of fun and wonder. The magnificent happenings with all the war
Bekah
May 16, 2018 rated it it was ok
Reviewed on Books Cats Tea

Disclaimer: I received this book in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for sending me a copy to review.

Age of Azmoq is the first of a five book epic fantasy following several characters' stories about how they come to play a part in changing the politics and government of their continent. The story revolves around a rare, powerful, and magical metal called Azmoq that is highly controlled by the Valantian Imperium and used to make weapons and
Mansi
Apr 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book from the debut author, Rajamayyoor Sharma. Thank you Blogadda for dispatching the book to me for review.

This book belongs to the fantasy genre, which is new for me. Beginning from the impressive cover to the concise but engrossing excerpt, the mesmerizing title, the introduction of the book in the first few pages, and the content from the beginning to the end is something that keeps one holding throughout. The title itself makes you curious to know what lies inside the book. It fe
Scott Spotson
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is ambitious and sprawling, taking on numerous points of views and describing epic battles. My favourite was the battle with the armoured elephants, as Dag attacks Vimridh. I also liked the very beginning, where Devrath meets a stranger who has wandered into his village after hundreds of years of isolation. The beginning made me wonder if it would be an "existential" and dream-like story, where nothing happens much more than observing a large fish in a pond and wondering about its orig ...more
Hemangini
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Age of Azmoq begins slowly like a turtle but it gains on you, it sparks curiosity and you just can not put it down. In the vast continent of Valantia Valantian Imperium rules and oversees the usage of the most important metal on Earth, Azmoq. Azmoq is all important most powerful and rarest metal in all of Valantia. However, there are consequences to all that power (Aren't there always?).

Where there is power, there is suppression of the innocents. Where there is suppression, there is REVOLUTION.

V
Poonam Badhe
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A fantasy novel should have the ability of world-building with strong unforgettable characters and I am in complete awe that and an Indian author has done it with this book.

Age of Azmoq: The Valantian Imperium by Rajamayyoor Sharma has created a fantasy world where power, dominance, trust, betrayal aren’t uncommon.

One will love this book if:
a) You like to read about vast dynasty, powerful weapons, mind reading, war, friendship
b) You want to feel the characters alive in an incredible world as if
Aman Mittal
May 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction

Reading a highly imaginative tale can go either way, the good or the bad. Out of the imagination comes the plot and the characters which form the complete story. The effort of the writer does not diminish itself, but these are the two main factors I look in every fantasy novel.

Age of Azmoq - The Valantian Imperium by Rajamayyoor Sharma is a fantasy novel. Azmoq is a rare metal found on the planet. It’s the ultimate source and symbol of real power, and the Valantian Imperium controls it all in V
S.D. Mayes
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this was an ambitious sprawling fantasy novel which initially did intimidate me, because of the length. And I admire the authors creativity and tenaciousness on embarking on such an epic tale.

The focus of the story is about Azmoq, the rarest, most coveted metal on the planet. It's a source and symbol of power and is controlled by the Valatian Imperium - but like all precious and powerful sources, many others want their hands on it. And so the young Devrath, the protagonist in the story who
Kritika Sharma
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
When we think about fantasy, the first thing that comes to mind is vampires/werewolves. There are very few people who can think beyond this, and the author is one of them.

Age of Azmoq is one of a kind book. It revolves around a world that is completely different to what we live in. It also has very different geography and botany. I found this pretty interesting.

The story revolves around the journey of three companions and how they cope with various situations, and struggle to reach their ultima
My Bookshelf
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Age of Azmoq by Rajamayyoor Sharma is definitely a delightful and captivating read where the author has created an enticing fantasy world. The plot and storyline has a lot of substance as opposed to many fantasy novels available now a days. The story has a lot of depth and the author has used some beautiful one liners that were simply fabulous. The setting and the backdrop of the story has also been chosen very intelligently which creates the perfect atmosphere for the plot.
The characters ar
Padmajha [PJ]
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-copy
I usually don't read fantasy genre but when I read the blurb of this one, I was intrigued and was sure that I wanted to read this one!
It is nice to see an Indian author venture into the Fantasy genre. Kudos to the author for weaving such a beautiful tale.
The story line is very engrossing and is surely a page turner. Though the starting is a bit slow, the pace picks up gradually.There are maps, sketches, foot notes,appendix that adds to the interest of the reader.The narration is good,simple and

• The Secret Of The Palamu Fort
  • Letters to the Pianist
  • दरिया-ए-एहसास
  • The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar
  • Still Me
  • A Perilous Journey (Rise of the Empaths Book 1)
  • Where Will Man Take Us?: The bold story of the man technology is creating
  • And So Can You!
  • Perfect Love: 5.5 Ways to a Lasting Relationship
  • Made Of Stardust: A Pursuit of Love, Liberty and Life
Rajamayyoor Sharma is a first-time author, who was far away from the writing world before this book series took hold in his mind.
He is a management consultant, with a degree in engineering from BITS Pilani and an MBA from IIM Bangalore in India. He currently lives in Bangalore with his wife, son and parents. He loves to spend his spare time reading anything with a story, watching movies with his