Start by marking “Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane, #1)

Wanting Mr. Cane

(Cane #1)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,512 Ratings  ·  356 Reviews
KANDY
It was love at first sight when I met Mr. Cane.
He was handsome, broody, tattooed, and rich. For years, he’s been mine. He just didn’t know it.

I wasn’t expecting to fall in love with him, or for him to want me in the ways that he did.
None of it was ever supposed to happen, but after all we’ve done together, it’s too late to turn back now. A once harmless crush had blo
ebook, 1st Edition, 314 pages
Published June 5th 2018 (first published June 2nd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Wanting Mr. Cane, please sign up.

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐! Wanting Mr. Cane, book 1 of 4. The against-all-odds secret love affair between student & the elusive Mr. Cane, her father’s best friend!

“He studied me briefly before taking a step back. He swept his eyes over me, fixing his shirt. “You’d let me teach you? Dominate you?” he asked.”

Book 1: Wanting Mr. Cane
Book 2: Breaking Mr. Cane
Book 3: Loving Mr. Cane
Book 4: Untitled

Wanting Mr. Cane (book 1) is the opening to the ultra-forbidden and impossible love between tatted bad boy CEO Mr
Cristina | CristiinaReads
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-books
➳Forbidden, kinky, sexy, and absolutely hot in every retrospective. That's what Shanora Williams writes in all her down right sexy romances that will have you wanting for more...

➳I find it funny how I seriously talk about sugar daddy's all the time with with my friends Nancy, Yasmin, and Nissa and how we are seriously in the down right look-out for one for each one of us. Of course that does not mean that there is a sugar daddy in this forbidden romance, but the kinky behind it all, the appear
Ann
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
5+ stars!!!

I read this book weeks ago and I'm STILL thinking about it!! Shanora Williams is one of my favorite authors for forbidden romance because she nails it every single time.
Wanting Mr. Cane is a top read of the year for me. As some of you know, forbidden romance books are my favorite books to read and I'm picky about them. This author never disappoints. It had everything I look for in a good forbidden read. I love the angst, the sneaking around, the age gap, the super steamy (we feel gui
Olga therebelreader
There is angst and hot steamy sex in Cane and Kandy’s story with surprising revelations along the way.
I enjoyed it a good deal. My rating is actually like a 3.75 but I'm rounding up because I think the author crafted a well developed story with interesting characters.

In short:
Hero 4/5 | Heroine 4/5 | Plot (Point, Originality) 4/5 | Writing Style 4/5 | Steam 5/5 | Romance 4/5 | Angst-Suspense 3/5 | Darkness 0/5 | Humor 1/5 | Secondary Characters 3/5 | Drama-Conflict 3/5 | Mystery 0/5 | Twists
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

So good!!! This book was amazing!

Cane and Kandy are so perfect for each other and I hate that they can’t be together (for now at least) Yes, there’s a big age gap between them but Kandy is a pretty mature 18 year old.

This book is pretty hot. Cane is just so so sexy and alpha. He’s a nice guy too and I completely fell in love with him. Kandy is amazing too. I loved how she never gave up and how fiercely she loves Cane.

This story has the perfect balance between angst, romance and sex
Melanie (mells_view)
3.5 “Quinton Cane was hard for me, and I wanted him. Bad.” Stars

This was a pretty good read.
Taboo - daddy’s much older best friend
Slow burn with a ton of sexual tension and build up.
It is pretty slow for most of the book. Building all of the relationships and hinting at back stories. Then the twist at the end is very very soap opera gasp and grab your chest moment.

My only complaint is that this book felt a bit long for no real reason. I mean MAYBE those reasons will be revealed in the following
Vanessa (nessreads)
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "I need a Mr. Cane in my life" Stars!!!!!

JAW. MEET. FLOOR. What in the ever living hell with that cliffhanger?!?!?! Shanora, you have some explaining to do! Honestly, I can't wait for July, I need the next book now! Ugggggh, I have so many questions. I'm pacing back and forth just thinking about how it's all going to play out. SMH

Wanting Mr. Cane was a sinfully forbidden romance filled with the right amount of heat, come hither moments, sus
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ku, v-card
3 Angst-filled Stars

I love Shanora Williams. She writes good erotica books, that is short and sweet. Wanting Mr. Cane is not.

First off, I was really intrigued by the summary. Kandy is young, she’s 18 and she’s had a crush on Mr. Cane (35 years old), her dad’s best friend since she was nine years old.

The book started out great and I really liked the flow. I liked how Kandy and Cane had this love / hate relationship. She didn’t always fall to his feet and I liked how he would take her out. Everyt
Amanda
4 taboo stars for this "dad's best friend" story.  I didn't realize going into it that it was part of a series so about 60% I was questioning the slow burn. It was good, just felt a little slow...no major drama or angst up to that point. However, that did eventually pick up and left me wanting more.

We're introduced to the MCs when they're younger but the majority of the book takes place when Cane is 35 and Kandy is 18.  They met when she was 9 and Cane would spend time at their house.  Over the
Briana Pacheco
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was 😏👀😏😈🔥🔥🤤🤤🔥😱🙄😒🤬🤬🤬 and I loved it!

Wanting Mr. Cane was angsty, HOT, and exactly what I needed at the moment. I love forbidden romances and this was just that. Kandy has had a crush on Mr. Cane ever since she was nine. He was a tatted up man that kinda freaked her out the first time they met but her father reassured her that he was a good guy. From there, they kind of formed a friendship. And then Kandy is an adult...and Mr. Cane is as hot as ever.

The thing is... Mr. Cane is her dad's
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wanting Mr. Cane (Cane #1)
By Shanora Williams
4.5 Sham-Wow Stars!!!

One thing for sure, Shanora Williams can sure write the older man, young girl books! After reading Tainted Black, when I heard she was writing another taboo, younger girl/older man book, I jumped up and down!!!

Are you willing to sacrifice many years of friendship with your best friend?
Can you forget that your best friend is the one who saved your mother?

All because you can’t get your best friends daughter out of your head…
Nor can
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Forbidden Temptation" Stars
There’s just something extremely alluring about taboo / forbidden romances. Wanting Mr. Cane is one of those perfect illicit stories. Shanora Williams is a favorite author of mine and once again she brings the heat, but also the emotions to a high level to make this novel decadently enjoyable!

“Kissing her felt like I was both drowning and breathing at the same time. How was that even possible? How could she give me life and damn near kill me at the same time
Rosaline
Guilty pleasure taboo read.

It it quite a long book, but it has a great build-up between the two characters. This isn't a deep, emotional read. Thus, the characters I found were very one-dimensional, but I didn't come into this wanting some book that would make me ponder life.

The heroine acted the same as she did when she first met Cane. Meaning at nine, she was acting and thinking like eighteen. That wasn't too big of a deal for me, but I find that is a pet peeve of mine when authors make their
Michelle
DNF at 22%!
I loved Cane but Kandy...she grated my nerves really bad. That’s why I can’t read books like these very often. The little girl Kandy was way too young and childish to be thinking about a man 17 years older. lol Her diary thoughts. Don’t get me started. Her name Kandy and his last name Cane. Insert rolling eyes!
Off to find me another book:))

Serena
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
He's handsome, rich, tattooed....and her dad's best friend.

OH DAMN!!! THIS LOOKS HELLA HOT!!

DID SOMEONE SAY FORBIDDEN AGE GAP?! YESSS PLEASE!!!

#Forbidden #Taboo #AgeGap #BestFriendsDaughter #AlphaAlert

BLURB

KANDY
It was love at first sight when I met Mr. Cane.

None of it was ever supposed to happen, but after al
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
From when she is small Kandy has been drawn to 'Mr Cane' However Cane saw her as his best friends little girl and nothing more. That is until Kandy is no longer a girl, she is a woman and Cane can not ignore the attraction that he feels for her, despite the people in their way.

I loved this steamy romance and I admit that at first I was dubious but this is a story of consenting adults with a passionate connection. Yes, he's older and knew her as a child but his attraction is to Kandy is that of
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
Wanting Mr. Cane by Shanora Williams was forbidden to the core. A hot exhilarating read that made my heart weep with joy! A sugar daddy novel filled with angst and steam. I am a sucker for forbidden romances, and this was just up my alley. The story begins with a young gal named Kandy, who has been crushing on Mr. Cane ever since she can remember. He is the pure definition of bad boy!

A friendship was made when she was young, but now she want's some of that Cane.
And she will have it!

But there is
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5 / 5 stars

Oh lord! I was not expecting this book to be what it was... but oh my god what a surprise!!

This book was H-O-T!!! Cane and Kandy oh lord... they were fire, fire, fire. They sure got me burning up. It was so sexy and forbidden and just AH-MAZING. I want myself a Mr. Cane pretty please, I'll even get on my knees and beg *wink wink*.

Cane was filthy and super sexy and also very mysterious. There is so much of him he hides from everyone (besides his best friend Derek, Kandy's fa
Tanaka K
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did I just read? My emotions!!My heart!!!I am in shock right now. I actually do not know what to do with my life right now after read Wanting Mr Cane. First, my body felt all the sexual tensions palpitating from the book. Second, I felt my heart piercing through my chest. Thirdly, my palms were sweaty. Fourthly, my skin was aflame with goosebumps. Lastly, my soul was cajoled and set in fire. That fore was Wanting Mr Cane. Wow, what an introduction. Wow, where I have
Paperback Princess
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omfg if July 12th doesn’t hurry up and get here I’m gonna hang myself!!!! Wanting Mr. Cane is forbidden/taboo romance at its absolute finest..wow!!!
Dee Garcia
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What is it about the forbidden that draws us in? That makes it so appealing? Is it the thrill? Because we always want most what we can't and shouldn't have?

That, my friends, is what both Kandy and Quinton find themselves asking through the entire story. She's loved him since she was a kid, and he too--in his own way--loved her as well. What starts off as an innocent childhood crush quickly snowballs out of control, something neither Kandy or Cane are prepared for. The more they fight what rages
Stacey (Total Book Addicts)
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*Received ARC for an honest review*

When Shanora revealed that she was writing a new series and it was going to be a 'Dads Best Friend' book I was like HELL YES!!!

I'm such a slut for these books. I dont know why but I just LOVE them.

So I knew I needed to read this.

I've read books from Shanora in the past and they dont disappoint.

Soooo Wanting Mr. Cane.... I'm totally in love with this book. It was just everything and more.

Mr. Cane ♡♡ Well all I can say about him is that he's handsome, broody, ta
My Pink Fairytales
I have so many issues, I don't even know where to start.

First of all, this is a touchy subject and maybe little taboo. So, if I was an author writing a story about a hero that's 17 years older than the barely legal (she was 18) heroine - and he knew her since she was 9 year old, i would definitely make it just a super hot erotica novel.
Why drag it for so long and basically waste my kindle battery on drama, a little girl's diary notes and insignificant dialogues.

He's not a hero that made me fal
Kayla Brunson
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is my first read by Shanora Williams but I already know that it won’t be the last! I finished this one sitting and it was awesome! I'm debating on if a want a physical one for my bookshelf because I'm loving this cover!

This is how a forbidden romance is supposed to be! It was hot, had angst, and was killing me with the sexual tension! I didn't care about age difference here. I just wanted them together but of course, it couldn't be that easy. There would be hella consequences.

"He’s my dad
Imani (Enamored Reads)
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I don’t even know where to start when it comes to this deliciously divine forbidden romance! It’s been so long since a book like this has sucked me in, I EASILY devoured it!!

Gah! It had everything! Temptation, lust, love, heartbreak, and an ending that had me screaming from the rooftops! The angst grabbed hold of me and never let go during this devastatingly hot Shanora Williams read! Wanting Mr. Cane doesn’t even cover it! It’s more like CRAVING Mr. Cane!

I seriously cannot wait for Book 2!
Rosie J.
When Kandy meets (Quinton) Cane at the age of nine, she has no idea just how important he'd become to her. Though Cane is supposed to be her father's best friend, I saw Cane as a surrogate son to Kandy's father, Derek. Cane and Derek share secrets between them that bind and bond them and IMO have yet to be fully revealed.

As Kandy becomes older she becomes aware of Cane as a man. I want to make it clear that I appreciate that Kandy was NEVER on Cane's radar in any sexual manner. He saw her as the
MJ
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-books, arc
Oh yeah, the is no question in my mind that Shanora Williams is the queen of the older man/younger woman scenario. With Wanting Mr. Cane, she pulls out all the stops in this steamy forbidden romance that is just the beginning to this complicated tale.

Told in alternating POV's we get the whole story from when Kandy Jennings first set eyes on Quinton Cane, as a cute 9 year old to the feisty and very curvy 18 year old. There is an unmistakable spark between them as Cane visits her family almost mon
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So I'm conflicted. This book is being touted as Forbidden trope book, but it's so much more!!
We were a mess. A wild, beautiful, perfect mess, and that made me the happiest girl ever.
There's ultra sensitive topics being touched upon.
Shanora has very cautiously mentioned the difficult time our present climate has turned into. Racism, a dormant disease has reared its ugly head and she hints at it in this book. So is the topic of interracial couples and the dangerous & thankless job our law en
Spoiler Whore-Momoa
Jun 15, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF @27%

Wasn’t holding my interest.
Shanora Williams is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author who loves writing about flawed heroes and resilient heroines. She is a believer that love outweighs all, but doesn’t have a problem making her characters fight for their happily ever after.
She currently lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and is the mother of two amazing boys, has a fiercely devoted and supportive man, and is a s

Cane (3 books)
  • Breaking Mr. Cane (Cane, #2)
  • Loving Mr. Cane (Cane, #3)