Start by marking “Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)” as Want to Read:
Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)

Season of Wonder

(Haven Point #9)

He’s giving her children a season of wonder…

Dani Capelli seized a chance to start over in a small town with her daughters. Now, facing her first Christmas in Haven Point, she wonders if leaving New York was a mistake. Dani loves working alongside veterinarian Dr. Morales, but her two children aren’t adjusting to small-town life. And then there’s Dr. Morales’s son, Ruben—Da
Published September 25th 2018 by HQN Books

To ask other readers questions about Season of Wonder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Season of Wonder

Start your review of Season of Wonder (Haven Point, #9)
♥Rachel♥
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Dani, a single mom of two girls, moved to Haven Point after her veterinary school mentor invited her into his practice. Haven Point, a small idyllic town sounded exactly like the kind of wholesome town she wants her kids to grow up in. However, Dani holds herself back from getting close, worried that people might find out about her ex and then judge her family by his wrongs. Wrongs that got him killed. Dani re-thinks that decision when her teenage daughter, Silver, has trouble fitting in and get ...more
RaeAnne Thayne
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
If you like feel-good holiday stories with lots of traditions, hot cocoa and warm fuzzies, you will enjoy the latest book in Haven Point!
Amy
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
So now that it’s officially fall I’m assuming everyone is ok with me talking about holiday novels all the time, right? Great! (Haha) just wanted to get that out of the way. I have become a huge fan of Thayne’s magical series set in Haven Point and nothing is better than a new book that’s set during Christmas to me. All of her books have a sense of enchantment but this one had a little extra magic that made me feel like a giddy little kid on Christmas Eve.

This book follows Dani and Ruben who have
"Avonna
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out all of my reviews at: https://www.avonnalovesgenres.com

SEASON OF WONDER (A Haven Point Novel #9) by RaeAnne Thayne is a contemporary holiday romance set in the small town of Haven Point, Idaho. This book is part of a series and has some crossover characters, but it is easily read as a standalone.

Daniela “Dani” Capelli is done with veterinary school and has moved herself and her two daughters from Boston to the small town of Haven Point. She has a one year internship lined up with Dr.
Dale Harcombe
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When Frank Morales hires Dani Capelli for his vet practice with the view to her taking on more work and ultimately taking over, Dani sees it as a chance to escape from a troubled past. For her and her two girls, Silver and Mia, Haven Point is a new start away from the drama and scandal that her late ex-husband caused. Silver, 13, misses her old friends and has been causing some heartache for Dani with her attitude. Dani, with her background as a foster child and her recent problems with her ex-h ...more
Jacob Proffitt
This is ninth in a series and most of the books in it are pretty good. Not this one though. So read the others.

I'm abandoning this at a bit over halfway. I have a massive crush on Ruben, but Dani is a stone-cold idiot. She has a monster case of negative motivation*, yeah, but it's so irrational that I just want to shake her. Ruben is sweet and protective and capable and with that whole care-for-others vibe that I can't get enough of. It's almost worth it to continue just for more of him. But Dan
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
This is my first read for this author. Although the book is part of a series, it can easily be read as a stand alone. The book centers around a small Idaho town close to the Christmas holiday.

Dani and her two girls have moved across country for a new start. She works for her new neighbor's father. Life has not been great for Dani and she has walls a mile high in order to protect her family.

Rueben falls for Dani from the start. He just has to work on why she is so spooked. Great slow burn betwe
Chris Conley
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the worlds RaeAnne has created. I enjoy going to each little town and becoming part of the communities she has made.
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews
New town. New start. New neighbor. What more could a girl want for Christmas?

Well, how about a daughter that doesn't get in trouble right from the start and a cop for a neighbor that seems way too interested in helping out when all you want to do is keep your past hidden.

Sweet, truthful, filled with holiday spirit. A great way to spend an afternoon with visions of Christmas dancing about.

KT Book Reviews
Book Babblers
Instagram
Siobhan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Season of Wonder is the ninth book in RaeAnne Thayne’s Haven Point series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. Although it is book nine in the series, it’s a book you can easily enjoy as a standalone novel. I have not read all the Haven Point books, yet I never find myself lost. Sure, you appreciate some side characters, some couples, better if you have read the prior books, but this does not take away from the story being given within Season of Wonder.

You should also note, despit
The Lit Bitch
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
If I’m judging this book by it’s cover, the first thing that goes through my mind is ‘pass’ mostly because it reminds me of something my grandma would read.

Most of Thayne’s books have a quaint cottage on the front and it just doesn’t scream romance to me. Over the last few years, I’ve tried to pick books based on what the summary says versus what the cover looks like.

That was how I found Thayne in the first place. When I was pitched my first Thayne book, the image of the book cover wouldn’t load
Grace {Rebel Mommy Book Blog}

Such a sweet little holiday romance. I always enjoy these Haven Point stories a lot and I liked this one but it definitely wasn't my favorite. I think that is because it took me a while to warm up to Dani our MC. Also, there is a little mystery surrounding her late ex-husband that I thought was kind of silly in the end. Still, I enjoyed her daughters and the romance with Ruben. Also the town is always lovely to visit and catch up with some old characters from previous books.

This review was origi
Eve
Contemporary Romance / Small Town & Rural Fiction / Holiday Romance

sow-hp

Sweet holiday romance but somehow it didn't grip me. I'm told about things instead of shown. Told from Dani's (31) and Ruben's (33) POVs, so there's not much wondering what other feel or think. Romance was rushed and kinda convenient. Dialogue sounded often awkward.

Author touches themes of single motherhood, doubt and trust. I struggled to like Dani. She was supposed to be capable and smart woman but for me she sounded weak,
Jenea
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I started reading this, I didn’t realize it was part of a large series, but I continued on and it was so worth it but with a single mom and her two girls during the Holiday season, I just had to read it.

Dani is the single mother to two adorable young girls. They’ve packed up moved to a small town in Idaho. A town that she believed would be a new start for her and her girls. She was offered a position at the local Veterinarian Clinic that one day day would be hers. This is what she has worke
N.N. Light
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful holiday romance by RaeAnne Thayne. It gave me such warm feelings, especially with the scenes with the children. Highly recommend!

My Rating: 5 stars
Priyanka
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Season of Wonder is the 9th installment of Haven Point series, Haven Point is a small town in Idaho. It is a Christmas time story, so it's a great book to get into the holiday spirit. This book can be read as a standalone too.

Dani Capelli is an intern as a veterinarian at Dr. Morales's clinic. She with her two daughters has moved to the small town of Haven Point from Boston. Even though its worlds apart from the city life, Dani is looking forward to this new life she is going to start in this sm
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Although this is the ninth book in the Haven Point series, it can be read as a standalone. This story introduces us to Dani Capelli and her two daughters. She has moved to Haven Point for a fresh start and being offered an internship at the local veterinarian clinic, with the possibility of purchasing the practice down the road, she sees it a a new beginning. What she wasn't expecting was to fall for her neighbour, Ruben Morales, a police officer and her boss's son. When Silver, her oldest daugh ...more
Linda
A sweet, low angst contemporary holiday romance…

“Have I mentioned before how much I love Christmas?” he murmured.

Season of Wonder by RaeAnne Thayne is a sweet, low angst, contemporary holiday romance. It is set in the charming, wholesome small town of Haven Point, Idaho at Christmastime and is part of a series. The tale works perfectly well as a standalone read if that is your preference. That is actually the way I read it as both this author and series are new to me.

Season of Wonder story fea
Debbie
Sep 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Season of Wonder
RaeAnne Thayne

You can always count on RaeAnne Thayne to deliver a heartwarming holiday tale and Season of Wonder is another prime example. Mix charming, flawed characters, small town pleasantries and pettiness, a slow burning romance, adorable dogs and two needy kids and you’ll get a done to perfection Christmas story.
Dani trying to juggle being a single mom and her brand new Vet practice plus trying to hide a past she’s ashamed of in a nosey small town makes for an engaging page
Susan
Good story about starting over. Dani moved herself and her two daughters across the country to get away from the mistakes of her past. After she finished veterinary school she was offered an internship in Haven Point, with the possibility of taking over the practice when the current vet retired. She loves her work, but life in a small town is very different than life in Queens and Boston, and all of them have some trouble adjusting. Dani isn't accustomed to the friendliness and interest of the p ...more
Darcy
This book had a quiet quality about it, slowly building page by page. Dani was a bit prickly, but when you learn her past it makes sense. I wished that Dani would have given Haven Point more a of a chance, she would have seen that most of the people there wouldn't care, they look to what is, not what happened.

Dani's girls were cute, Mia, so adorable, Silver, just started to be the surly teen. Silver seemed to be at the center of so much trouble, learning some hard lessons along the way.

Ruben see
Booknerdingout
I love RaeAnne Thayne books. She also writes the most heart felt novels. Season of Wonder is no different. It was a sweet story about second chances, regardless of your past mistakes. Guaranteed to put readers in the holiday spirit.
Marlene
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Originally published at Reading Reality

It still feels too early to be reading holiday books, but here we are. And as much as I shivered at the reminders about snow and cold, Season of Wonder is a lovely little story.

It also feels like Haven Point is just down the road from Robyn Carr’s Thunder Point – even though Thunder Point is on the coast of Oregon and Haven Point is in Idaho within a couple of hours of Boise.

Let’s call them sister cities. Or at least sister villages.

Both are small towns whe
Debbie Oxier
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderfully heartwarming Christmas story that made me hope the author will include these characters in a future work. Dani came to Haven Point to start a new life for her and her girls. Silvia (Silver) is a teenager and Mia is six. Life hasn't been easy for Dani. When her mother died she was placed in foster care, got pregnant at seventeen, married the baby's father only to have him lead a life of crime and end up in prison. After divorcing him, Dani eventually decides to move across ...more
Betül
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

Season of Wonder was a beautiful, fun and light-hearted romance. Dani moved to Haven Point with her two daughters to start a new chapter in her life. She is closed off and doesn't really interact with anyone in town, because she doesn't want them to find out certain things about her life. This results in her daughters being skittish as well, and one of them starts to act out. It was obvious that Dani was doing her best to give her kids the best life possible, and was feeling like a failure many
Julie (juliemreads)
I have not read many Christmas novels but this year I wanted to change that. I have had a hard time this holiday season without being able to spend it with my grandmother like I usually do so I decided to fill that void by reading feel good Christmas stories.

Season of Wonder was the perfect holiday story of hope, dreams, new friendships, learning and love. A mother of two beautiful girls did not have it easy when it comes to life. She grew up in and out of foster care. She married a man who tur
Dorothy Morawsky
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Couldn't hardly put it dosn. One of the best RaeAnne Thane books she's written.
Aura
Dec 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very enjoyable sweet romance. Characters are all predictable and the plot is not earth-shattering but I still liked it. This harlequin style contemporary romance delivers on what it advertises, a sweet romance, a woman struggling live up to expectations of being a working mom and a hot sheriff deputy love interest.
D Heale
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’m a little sad because I’ve finished the last book of this series (so far) I’ve read some reviews of the different books that got poor reviews because all the characters did was kiss. Really?? What’s wrong with that? These are nice stories about a nice town with nice people. I wish I lived in Haven Point and all these people were my friends. 😀
Teresa (Reads_Romance)
Dec 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
All I want for Christmas is my very own Ruben Morales! What a dreamboat. This book filled me with all the warm and fuzzy holiday feels we all need every once in a while. Tough, single mom Dani and the adorable police officer next door falling in love made my heart happy.

My favorite part about this book was the accurate way Ms. Thayne portrays complex family dynamics. Especially parental guilt and shame. While that doesn’t sound very cheery and holiday-ish, the deep dynamics turned what could hav

• Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane (Honeymoon Harbor, #2)
  • The Christmas Wishing Tree (Eternity Springs, #15)
  • The Best of Us (Sullivan's Crossing, #4)
  • Why Not Tonight (Happily Inc, #3)
  • Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc, #4)
  • Winter at the Beach (Moonlight Harbor, #2)
  • Sunrise on Half Moon Bay
  • The Corner of Holly and Ivy (Harmony Harbor, #7)
  • Return to Virgin River (Virgin River, #19)
  • Meant to Be Yours (Happily Inc, #5)
  • Mistletoe Miracles (Ransom Canyon, #7)
  • The Christmas Key (Twilight, Texas #9)
  • A Fool's Gold Wedding (Fool's Gold, #20.6)
  • The Country Guesthouse (Sullivan's Crossing, #5)
  • The View from Alameda Island
  • Happily This Christmas (Happily Inc, #6)
  • The Summer Retreat (A Moonlight Harbor Novel Book 3)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
I'm not one of those people who knew from birth she was destined to become a writer. I always loved to read and throughout my childhood I could usually be found with a book in my hands. To the disgust of my friends, I even enjoyed creative writing assignments that made them all groan. But I had other dreams besides writing. I wanted to be an actress or a teacher or a lawyer.

Life took a different t

Haven Point (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • A Haven Point Beginning
  • Snow Angel Cove (Haven Point, #1)
  • Redemption Bay (Haven Point, #2)
  • Evergreen Springs (Haven Point, #3)
  • Riverbend Road (Haven Point, #4)
  • Snowfall on Haven Point (Haven Point, #5)
  • Serenity Harbor (Haven Point, #6)
  • Sugar Pine Trail (Haven Point, #7)
  • The Cottages on Silver Beach (Haven Point, #8)
  • Coming Home for Christmas (Haven Point, #10)

News & Interviews

“She didn’t want the kiss to end. It was magical, delicious, like a hundred dreams come true wrapped up in one heated embrace. With the snow fluttering down outside and the Christmas tree lights gleaming beside them, the moment seemed perfect. Better than she ever could have imagined.” 1 likes
“I needed the reminder that I’m still alive and the world still contains magic and wonder, like Christmas trees and kisses from beautiful women.” 1 likes