Start by marking “Gorgeous: Book One (The Gorgeous Duet)” as Want to Read:
Gorgeous: Book One (The Gorgeous Duet)

Gorgeous: Book One

(Gorgeous #1)

Olivia Adams is smart, independent and firmly believes less, is most definitely, more. Nothing about Ronan McKinley and his luxurious yachts and expensive homes appeals to her, but there is no denying the attraction between them.

When Ronan makes her a job offer she can’t refuse, Olivia makes it clear she has no intention of anything more than a professional relationship wi
Published March 6th 2018 by Lisa Shelby Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Gorgeous, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gorgeous

Paige
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 “Opposites Attract” Stars

Gorgeous is the first book in the Gorgeous Duet. Olivia and Ronan are two completely different people that can’t deny the spark between them. But their differences make it difficult for them to admit their feelings. And just when it seems like they’ve finally settled all the things that should keep them apart, the bottom drops out.

I was very taken with both characters. I really enjoyed how they circled each other but still held their individuality. I was a bit star
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"WOW! Read Gorgeous and it will be inevitable not to place Lisa's Shelby name near to well-known authors of romance genre of this decade. It's an exquisite, beautifully written romance I have instantly fell in love with!"

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

Book rates: 5+stars
Plot: 5+stars
Characters: 5+starts
Writing: 5+stars
Pacing: 5+stars
Cover: 5+stars

One more time, I had the pleasure to read a book of a new to me author and again fell head ove
Pam Curran
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa is a new author for me and I was very happy to receive this book from her to review.

Ronan and Olivia meet at a charity Gala where she is the organizer and he is a donor. Sparks fly between them and Ronan is immediately smitten. Olivia cannot believe that the gorgeous billionaire would be interested in an ordinary girl like her so she brushes the meeting off and leaves the gala. However Ronan is determined to see her again, so he offers her an interview for a job to work for his company as a
Anniek
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ronan's life changes instantly when he sees Olivia at a charity party. The moment he lays his eyes on her, his world becomes more colorful. He has to know who she is and he needs to be with her even more. Besides the fact that Olivia is the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, she's also a very skilled event planner. He tries to impress her with his wealth, but he's in for a shock when Olivia isn't easy to persuade at all. Ronan finds out that for Olivia less is more. Will he be able to show h ...more
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh where to even start....

Gorgeous has romance, angst, suspense, a sassy girl, a hot guy, and some teary eyed moments...I mean seriously how can you go wrong??? Oh and sexy time is hot...hot...hot...and sometimes sweet and romantic.

From page one I was captivated with this book. Olivia is an independent woman who has a secret. Ronan is the hot, billionaire who is a hard@ss to the outside world but a softy when it counts. When Ronan sets his sights on Olivia a series of events turn both their liv
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. I have never read this author but my friends she makes you want more. So Ronan and Olivia meet at a shindig an are instantly attracted, however Olivia wonders if he is could really be interested in her she is just an event planner. Ronan is intrigued and finds her an offers her a job, now she does not others thinking she is sleeping to the top. Now I can tell you more, but I won't because you need to read but be aware that it ends in a cliffhanger!! Enjoy!!
T. Rosado
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

I'm one of those readers that doesn't bat an eye when a cliffhanger pops up at the end of what I'm reading. Especially, if I know the continuation is coming soon. Be prepared, because it's definitely one of THOSE type of cliffhangers. 😜 Gorgeous: Book Two arrives soon, so no worries.

Fort the most part, Gorgeous is a sweet contemporary romance, but with some foreboding suspense and angst. Seriously, you just know it's coming and can't stop reading to see how it all plays out. It's also a q
Allison
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am in to this writer. She’s crafted three cavity inducing sweet romances with the You & Me Series, but in her latest release, she has definitely taken it up a notch! I love that she once again is using dual POVs because if she wasn’t – you’d be dying to get into Ronan McKinley’s head! Shelby has once again given us a beautiful specimen for all of us to wish he was real, and a strong female character to root for in Olivia! And let’s just say Gorgeous turns up the steam quite a bit from her ...more
Mitch
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th book by Lisa Shelby that I have read and she just gets better with each book. Romance is not usually my genre of books I read, but I have to admit that I had a really hard time putting this one down. I felt all the emotions with this one, and talk about a cliffhanger!!! Prepare to end this book feeling angry, confused and wanting more! Book 2 can't come out fast enough
Shasta Hope
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Review is located on the second book.
Tarah
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Clear some time when you start it because you will not be able to put the book down. The cliffhanger is killing me. Lisa Shelby please get busy and finish this story....I need answers Ronan!
Jessica Marecle
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
Angsty and Swoony at it's best! Plus, you get a little suspense! I love that you also get both POV. I read this book in a day. Couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the second book, so I can finish Olivia and Ronan's story because where she left it off was not what I was expecting at all!
Kemberlee Snelling
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely Cinderella story. Rich man and sweet poor girl. I loved it but hated the cliffhanger.
Melissa Meyer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story filled my heart just like the moonlight fills the night sky with its strong well developed characters, who you can’t help but fall in love with. Also, the author will take you on a emotional roller coaster throughout this story with the unexpected twists and swoon worthy moments. Looking forward to the second book in this duet!!
Thuy Taylor
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
First of all, this cover is GORGEOUS!!!

Olivia and Ronan have super power attraction to each other. I devoured this book in one sitting. Gorgeous is a duet. I loved this story and I'm dying to read Book 2. Ronan is the hero in this story, and he is so caring, hot, sweet and so respectful. Olivia is a sweet, independent, hard worker who has always fended for herself. 'Less is more' is somewhat of her saying. So, put in a rich guy who wants to take care of her, woo her, and they'll clash, she's not
Alexandra
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five gorgeous stars! This is one of the best Office Romances I have read. I highly recommend it!

“My moon is your moon, baby.”

Wow! Gorgeous by Lisa Shelby is a delicious and all-consuming book that left me with a big “O” on my mouth. I am still catching my breath because this book left me wanting more. Holy cow! This book is a unicorn. It is well developed, the storyline is refreshing and the characters feel so real.

Lisa Shelby delivered a stunning story out of cliché. It’s unpredictable,
Michelle
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hook, line, and sinker comes to mind with how book one ended:  To be continued!

What?! Yes! Just when I thought the stars had aligned and all was well, the twists and turns that showed up smack dab at the end, quickly halted those ideas of mine.

The static in the atmosphere, the storm taking place in his chest, his breath falters. Across the room is a sight unlike anything:

Gorgeous!

"I feel like I have got whiplash, but the car isn't even in motion."

Synopsis is that Olivia is an event planner for t
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normally I don't start my reviews out by talking about how a story ended, but today is a new day in reading land! WHAT IN THE HELL LISA SHELBY?! HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT?! Yeah, she's now on the list of authors trying to KILL ME DEAD, and shall forevermore be hashtagged #EVILWHORE! So, I'm going along reading about the 'Gorgeous' Olivia Adams, a smart & independent woman who isn't impressed by men with a lot of money. So when she meets the sexy & rich Ronan McKinley, his ...more
Charlotte Lynn
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was so into this book. Both Ronan and Olivia were characters that I am attached to. I needed to know their story, I wanted to know what was going to happen to them, and they HAD to end up together. There is no doubt in my mind that they belong together. They are perfect for each other, they understand each, push each other to be their best, and give each other the space that they require.

In Gorgeous there are stories within stories. Olivia’s past is a great sub-story. Learning of her childhoo
Shalaia Walters
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gorgeous: Book 1 ( The Gorgeous Duet) - Lisa Shelby

Ronan McKinley fell in love with Olivia Adams the minute he saw her. He knew she was the one. Ronan is the son of wealthy parents and runs a division of the family business. The only relationship with his parents, being one of obligation. Olivia has taken care of herself for years after spending her teen years in and out of foster care. She is in a dead end relationship and he spends time with women when the mood strikes. They are not destined t
Amanda
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Major cliffhanger alert!! I hate cliffhangers, but was drawn to this story anyway. I absolutely loved it!! The twists at the end leave you breathless and wanting the next book in the duet right now!!

Olivia Adams has worked hard for everything she has in life and believes less is more. She's sassy and confident in her abilities. Shes been independent and on her own for most of her life. Her past is troubled and she doesn't let people in.

Ronan McKinley is a wealthy business man with a passion for
Brittany Alexander
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was wonderful! I absolutely loved it! And that ending! I cannot wait until the next book.

Lisa Shelby really knows how to tell a story. Ronan and Olivia are beautiful together and I'm glad that she finally said to hell with her professional side and let Ronan jump her bones. It's pretty hot.

This story is one that will really unfold in book two. There's not too much action in it, but I know that the next book will be full of it and I'm waiting and ready for the shit to hit the fan.

The
Sassy Southern
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Shelby! I shouted that as I finished this book, and you will too, I’m sure. I have to note, that after reading some of this author’s previous works, I have to say her writing talent was truly exemplified during this novel. The author had the power to concoct these two very likeable characters that you genuinely feel everything for, but at the same time punch you in the gut during the end of this book, and boy, did it hurt so good!
I truly loved the instant chemistry that existed be
Brandy Roberts
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew going in that this was going to end in a cliffhanger and I don't love them but the blurb intrigued me and the author is amazing so I gave it a chance and I'm so happy that I did . Gorgeous was a good read it had me hooked from start to finish and what a finish that was WOW so did not see that coming I need to know what is going to happen it's so driving me crazy plus alot of answers need to be answered .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero= 8 heroi
Kelly Green
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
"I'll share my moon with you anytime"

Ronan and Olivia are a super sweet couple! She didn't want to be with him. She knew that he could become too important to her. But he offered her a job and she could not refuse what he was offering. Now that he was so close to her, all he wanted was to be with her. She was set on keeping it professional. Once she finally gave in, all bets were off..... except she wanted to keep it a secret so she wasn't know as the girl that slept her way into the job. She ha
Lisa
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I became a fan of Lisa Shelby with her first release and have steadily fallen more in love with her incredible stories with each new release.
Gorgeous is a beautifully written, sweet romance mixed with a bit of angst. I was hooked from the start. Shelby never fails to give me a full cast of characters that are so well developed, that I feel like I know them and I can't help but fall in love. Ronan and Olivia are now two of my favorites.
I could not put this one down. This is a duet so I did expe
Pam
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book from Lisa that I have read and have to say that I will be looking to read more of her books. I received an ARC for an honest review. Olivia is an event planner and Ronan is President of Real Estate Division of EVC Corp. They meet at a charity gala that Olivia planned and organized. He can’t believe the color she brings into his world and she can’t believe someone that a good looking billionaire would be remotely interested in someone so ordinary. I really got into this sto ...more
Booksisters21
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous. What can i say? This book was my first read by Lisa and I must say I am absolutely amazed. Her book is beautifully written. From the start to finish the book had me hooked, I never wanted to put it down. I loved Ronan & Olivia’s story. The attraction between them was established fairly quickly and it was a mutual attraction. I laughed and cried all through this book. It was full of intense scenes as-well as sweet, loving scenes.
One of my favourite reads of 2018 so far. (And there
Wendy Livingstone
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new author to me, but my word, I will definitely be reading more of her work in the future. Olivia is a sassy events planner for the elite, and when she meets billionaire Ronan at an event, the two of them are instantly attracted to each other. This is a gripping tale with unexpected twists which had me hooked and intrigued throughout. I for one cannot wait to read the second part of this duet.
Melissa Feist
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book hanger over, big time! I loved this book! From the first page til the last, I was hooked! Ronan and Olivia are just the best couple, her sass vs his strength and protection, AWESOME! I don’t want to give anything away, as I struggle to not blurt out everything, all I can say is I’m hooked, I need book 2 NOW and I was left gobsmacked! I’m a full fledged Lisa Shelby fan.
I am an indie author and self-professed Love Geek. If your looking for sweet and sexy adult contemporary romance then my YOU & ME series is for you. Looking for a bit more suspense with your romance? Then be sure to check out my GORGEOUS DUET! February 1st, my new release, BLACKBIRD, will be live and I can't wait for you all to meet Huck and Harper!. Be sure to follow me here and everywhere so ...more

Gorgeous (2 books)
  • Gorgeous: Book Two (The Gorgeous Duet)