Start by marking “A Soldier's Song (A Veteran's Heart, #3)” as Want to Read:
A Soldier's Song (A Veteran's Heart, #3)

A Soldier's Song

(A Veteran's Heart #3)

Can love conquer all? . . .

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 228 pages
Published February 13th 2018 by Lyrical Shine

To ask other readers questions about A Soldier's Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Soldier's Song

Diane
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Soldier’s Song is an inspirational romance with some suspense sprinkled in. The author weaves an engaging story about a talented musician who meets a dedicated soldier who is under her father’s command in the military. Both individuals have some issues to overcome and situations to deal with that try to tear them apart, but love conquers fear. This is the first book I have read by this author and I plan to go back and read the first two novels in this series.
Teresa
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy of A Soldier's Song from Kensington Books and Net Galley in exchange for a voluntary and honest review**

A Soldier's Song by Irene Onorato is the third book in her A Veteran's Heart series. I haven't read any of the previous books but was rather surprised how good the book was specially as its shelved under Christian Romance. But it's well worth reading and I'd give it a smashing 4 stars.

Jason Dexter is attending the wedding 0f his team mate in New York but little does he know
Linda Wilson
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
All Special Forces sergeant Jason Dexter ever wanted was to serve his country—with his father’s blessing. Although the elder Dexter has yet to make his peace with his son’s decision, Jason has no regrets. Still, he has mixed feelings about returning to his upstate New York town. But his perspective changes at a friend’s wedding, where he meets a lovely, gifted musician. Now Jason has a new mission: to get to know Aria Greco better.

The daughter of Jason’s commanding officer, Aria dreams of becomi
Beatrice Fishback
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Soldier's Song sings to the heart of romance but does so much more, too. Irene's ability to reach into the military life and draw out the confusion, hurt and pride that goes with that lifestyle and combined with her ability to weave a tale of love gives the reader a sense of joy when the story is complete. Be sure to read her other books in this series. You will not be disappointed!
Dana Ray
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Irene Onorato is the best at weaving love stories!! Dex may be one of my favorite characters. I love how he overcomes the obstacles thrown at him to open his heart to love. A Solder's Song is one of my favorites from her Veteran's Heart Series!! Get all three if you haven't, you'll love them all.
Amy
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Soldier's Song is the third installment from A Veterans' Heart series. I thought it was good and give it four stars.
Gina Burgess
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A really good inspirational romance. It has a bit of humor, a bit of suspense, and a lot of heart.

The story is woven around two people who have some issues to deal with (who doesn't?), and I think this is probably a good male POV character. Not all romances have a good male POV. Irene does a good job by giving each main character a reason to fall in love with the other. There's real meat to the story.

The story flow is a bit slow in places, and there is a bit of rehashing of motives. Just because
Linda Robinson
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read all three of the novels in this series, and A Soldier's Song did not disappoint. Irene Onorato's books are dear to my heart because mine is a military family with vets as well as a currently serving member in the forces. Her stories have well-developed characters, intriguing subplots, and keep me turning the pages until the end. I highly recommend the series.
Susan Karsten
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is suitable for young ladies, but has enough depth to satisfy this demanding mature reader as well. The setting, the characters, the action , the conflict, and most of all the romance, are all enjoyably well written and there was no putting down this book.
Dex and Aria have a love connection and the author handles it with mastery. Aria is an innocent pianist, and Dex is a hard-bitten soldier. The story of their love is rewarding and worthwhile.
E-Reader Addict
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley
I am so conflicted about this book. Things were going along fine - nothing great, but basically a good book - then BAM! A bizarrely abrupt ending, and no epilogue. I’m left wondering what the author had to leave to do instead of finishing out the story. Was she under deadline? Was there a family emergency? Because I seriously can’t believe the book ended the way it did.

Aria Greco is an aspiring professional pianist. When her father arranged for her to play at the wedding of a soldier who was for
Nikki
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, blog, 2018
THIS REVIEW & MORE → SYNOPSES BY SARGE

I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

So, ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of marrying a military man. The love for the country and selflessness were both values I admire in a significant other. Of course, Jason (Dex) Dexter happened to contain these qualities, while also showing chivalry and respect. Who wouldn’t love a guy like that?!

With how many young people act today, it almost seems unbelievable that this sto
Meaghan
Feb 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: net-galley
This book was pretty bad. The dialogue was so stilted and awkward, and the writing included the strangest details. The professor subplot was stupid and unnecessary, and there was not enough conflict to keep me interested. She was jealous of all the girls that came up to him (constantly, by the way) but forgave him immediately, even though they only knew each other for about five seconds. Meh.
Angel Hatfield
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sergeant jason Dexter/ Dex told his mother he couldn’t stay as he just couldn’t get along with his father. Dex was a Special Ops soldier and his dad didn’t accept this as a good job and slammed Dex’s job. Dex was going to stay with his grandfather-Pop- as he usually did when home. Dex was in town to be at Hank and Cindy’s wedding . Dex’x boss was Aria’s father- Major david Gecco. Aria was to play the piano at the wedding. Dex was sitting with Dave, his wife, and Aria. He danced with Aria and spe ...more
Books and Spoons
A poignant and tender tale of a soldier's struggle to find peace, love, and balance in his life with troubled father relationship, alcoholic tendencies, and a wounded heart from the past relationship.
This series has been an inspiring and uplifting experience. Each story is unique yet every one of them testifies to the fact that we can overcome the hurdles of life, that faith in God gives a solid foundation to build a life upon, and all things are possible for those who believe so.
Jason Dexter
Bec
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it

Jason Dexter never expected to meet his dream woman at the wedding of a friend. Determined to get to know her better, he does everything he can to spend time with her, even if it means going head-to-head with his commanding officer to prove he can be the man Aria needs. However, life isn't fair and if they can't learn to trust each other, then their relationship will never work. Will Jason and Aria be able to overcome the obstacles that are keeping them apart, or will they lose their chance at h
Melanie
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Soldier's Song is the third book in A Veteran's Heart series by Irene Onorato. I have no read any of the other books in this series, but was able to jump right in this one and not be lost.

Jason is a Special Forces soldier that is attending the wedding 0f his team mate in New York. Little does he know that he'll met Aria the eldest daughter of his commanding officer of his unit. Jason soon figures out that Aria is his soul mate and takes her to meet his Pops (Grandfather). Jason's Pops was alw
Cassandra
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this one! This a a story about the romance of a handsome army sergeant named Dex and a beautiful gifted musician named Aria. It was a sweet love story. Aria is the daughter of Dex's boss which surprisingly didn't cause any drama at least not as first. Despite use to be being a ladied man, Dex was a gentleman with Aria and quite protective of her. He did use to also have a drinking problem. It was annoying that Aria was constantly jealous of any attractive woman that communi ...more
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book Jason "Dex"Dexter is home for a friends wedding when he meets Aria. He would like nothing more then to get to know her mom. He also is faced with dealing with some family drama which doesn't seem to be going away no matter what is done. Aria has such a sweet spirit but when she meets bad boy Dex it seems like she is drawn to him and wants to get to know him. Can they get to know each other even from a distance and see where life takes them or will it be to much for both of them?
This
Yvonne Cruz
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
More of a 3 star for an older crowd.
This book was a story about a young man who has dedicated his life to the military, and about a young talented musician who dreams of playing in an orchestra. She is the daughter of his commander and when they meet at a wedding, the attraction is instantaneous. Though he has some issues to overcome
But it’s more than a romance. It’s a story about family dynamics and support , or lack thereof. While Aria’s family is a military family and proud to be one, Dex’s/
Psusan
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Soldier's Song is the third book in this military series by Irene Onorato that I have read. This is Christian romance fiction with a realism approach. The couple struggles with common issues such as jealous, differences in career goals and parental issues but deployment is also part of the mix.

One of the strengths of this book is the character development of the two main characters, along with the development of their relationship. The story is never hurried as Jason “Dex” Dexter and Aria Gr
P.e. lolo
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-military
Aria has always wanted to meet her father’s team, now being able to play the piano at one of their wedding she is able to do just that. What she was not expecting was to be attracted to one of them. Sargent Jason Dexter is blown away by the piano player and by her looks as well. When he finds out that she is his commanding officers daughter he decides to lead with his heart and see if there is any sort of possibility of them dating. When she agrees they find out that they have a lot of the same ...more
Amanda Stelter
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
** I got this book from NetGalley for my honest review **

I’m balling my eyes out. I’ve been crying since about 94%. I’m crying so hard. This book.

It’s not perfect by any means but it’s so good. There were points that seemed like, maybe, the author was trying too hard to fill in every little plot hole. Like the main character mentioning that she has the keys to the car. Not necessary to mention. But that didn’t take from the story.

The story itself was good. It was a nice breath of relief from t
Margaret Sholders
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read a couple books from Irene. This was a deep dark book. The Military also sent me to a hard read. Aria is the daughter of an Army Major! She meets a Sergeant for a wedding as she is playing the music. He is Dex and they get to go together. Major Spoiler! Aria is jealous of his past girls. Aria is a great pianist and works an old professor to get into a new orchestra. She is working hard and yet Dex and her mother tell her she is wrong. Major Spoiler! She finally tries to find out he is ...more
Dessie
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Friends
Jason Dexter: a handsome young soldier who really wants his father's blessing on his carrier.
Aria Greco: Dexter's leading commander's daughter. Pretty young pianist.
Both: fall in love...

Dexter's previous girl friend loves to get in the way of his relationships and ruin them. Dexter had problems with his father. Aria has a chance to pursue her dreams. Will they love each other enough to pardon their wishes and follow their desires for one another?

I liked this book... Wait, LOVED this book. It w
poppy
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read in the series and it won't be the last what a great book I really enjoyed the storyline and just loved Jason/Dex he was a super character and I just loved how quickly he fell for Aria his commander's daughter this is really sweet read but be warned you are gonna need the tissues for the end it had me crying like a baby.
Pat Babcock
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Soldier's Song

What a powerful series of books. Each story has an outstanding plot and characters which will not allow you to put the book down until the end.
Arlene Thein
May 04, 2019
Roselyn
Jun 22, 2018
Marilyn Richey
Jul 14, 2019
Marjie
Apr 20, 2019
Irene Onorato was born and raised in Bronx, New York. In 1972, a few months after graduating high school, Irene met James Onorato, a soldier who had just returned from Vietnam. After dating two weeks, they married, raised three children, and are still happily married today.

Irene and James live in Louisiana with their two cats and a dog who was rescued by the Cajun Navy during the great flood of 20

A Veteran's Heart (3 books)
  • A Soldier Finds His Way (A Veteran's Heart #1)
  • More than a Soldier (A Veteran's Heart #2)