Start by marking “Bring the Heat (The Happy Endings Collection, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bring the Heat (The Happy Endings Collection, #2)

Bring the Heat (The Happy Endings Collection, #2)

3.97  ·  Rating details ·  178 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Southpaw, Tucker Michaels, was a player on and off the field, and he was looking for his next big score.

New York Times and USA Today Best Seller, L. Wilder, brings you a fun, new romance that will leave you smiling long after the last page.

Tucker Michaels could bring the heat, striking out anyone who stepped up to the plate, and he was burning up the big leagues.

At least
Published December 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Bring the Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring the Heat

Neringa Neringiukas
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It's a perfect story, when you are in a need of light with no dramas and with insta chemistry book.
From the first moment they meet, Kaci and Tucker feel attraction. Though, both in a way fought it. But at the end none of theirs reasons mattered. Because they both recognised, that what they had was something special.
Whynter Raven
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh WOW!!! I really love Tucker's and Kaci's story. I can't wait to see how their relationship works out. Now breing on Colton's book xx
Rose
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this one!!! A quick little read with lots of sass and spark! The characters are down to earth and funny. Can't wait for Colton's story!!!
L. Wilder
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Bring the Heat is now live on Amazon. ☺

Merged review:

Bring the Heat is now live on Amazon. ☺
Brandy Roberts
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of L. Wilder so it was no surprise that I ended up really liking Bring the heat , it was a quick story with lovable characters that I need to see more of please . This was told in dual point of view so we get to see the building attraction between Kaci and Tucker from both sides . They both in a way fought it the heroine more so because she judged him before she got to know him . Kaci helping her mom out by taking her brother to baseball practice while also in college and waiting ...more
Jackie Wright
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by L.Wilder and it won’t be my last, this quick read has left me wanting more.
Tucker is home because of an injury he needs to heal before he gets back to doing what he loves, playing baseball, so it makes sense for him to help his brother Colton who coaches a little league team what he didn’t expect was to meet and fall for the sassy sister of one of the players. Kaci has no idea who Tucker is,well she doesn’t know very much about baseball full stop but she wants her littl
Mel Allen
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this short romantic story, this is Tucker’s story while he’s home on the DL from his baseball team, then he meets Kaci when she brings her brother to his baseball practice. Everything about Kaci gets me hot and I can’t seem to get my foot out of my mouth around her so she hates me but I can’t stop thinking of her.
Tucker Is a jerk and he makes me mad but I can’t help but think about him, he’s great at helping the kids learn baseball, he’s help my brother Kaden so much. When I decide to f
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Bring The Heat is fantastic! The perfect quick escape, this sweet and steamy read is one I completely adored. Every once in a while I just need a break. I need something that is fast, easy, and relaxing. That’s exactly what Bring The Heat is. It’s sweet without being too sugary. It’s got just the right bit of heat. It also is a book that captures you from the very first page and keeps you hooked until the very end.

The chemistry between Tucker and Kaci was instant and off the charts! I loved the
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(5 stars)

A sweet and quick read from L. Wilder. Tucker has come home to heal, since being put on the DL list meant he obviously couldn't play until it was decreed he was fit again, so helping his brother coach his little league team is the perfect distraction. When he spots Kaci helping her brother practice, he wants to get to know her more. Kaci has no clue who Tucker is exactly, she just knows he irritates her while at the same time is attracted to him. The two have no clue
Robyn Corcoran
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fabulous short story!

Mix one pretty young woman, one hunky young man, add a touch of misconception and you have the ingredients for a great romance.

Kaci meets Tucker at her young brother's baseball practice and immediately pegs him as a handsome player. Tucker's first reaction is that Kaci is too good for him though! Ah..sprinkle some over the romance and you get a HEA.

These two main characters are fun and very 'real' with everyday issues, that is if you are a professional baseball player
Spunky N Sassy
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

When baseball star Tucker Michaels goes on the DL he agrees to help his brother's little league team but he never expected to be blown away by Kaci. Kaci is helping her brother before practice and in walks a hot player but can she trust he is anything but that? Great short story that had characters I wanted to explore more. My only critism is that I wished the chemistry hadn't felt so rushed, otherwise this was a story that I didn'
michelle Shelly
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
A cute, sweet fast read.

I love L Wilder's writing, so I when i saw she had something different coming out I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Bring the Heat is light and just what i needed. Lately everything I've read has been dark and gritty so this was a great change. I loved the story and characters. Tucker and Kaci are great together. Another thing I really liked is that it actually had a story. Most novellas are full of sex and sometimes the story is left out. Not with this. Really exci
Pelusa Rivera
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author. Another cute short quick read, and just the right sass at the right time. Tucker is a baseball star who is home helping his got her coach while recuperating. He sees Kacy and is instantly attracted, the funny part she has no idea who he is only that he is hot hut annoying. The gloves are off! Enjoy!!
Angela
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This story was awesome! Tucker and Kaci shot sparks off each other so much through the pages. Half the time I think they want to strangle the other and then the rest they want to jump each other. BRING THE HEAT had some hilarious moments and profound understanding moments that are great. Not only could I feel how much the characters cared about each other, but also about the secondary characters in the story.

Kaci is freaking awesome! She had a great head on her shoulders, but she did j
Dayang
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to receive free copies of My Temptation and Bring The Heat, and an ARC of His Promise. These three short stories would definitely make you swoon.. Cant say I blame myself for wanting more... Each story has soul, and some parts would definitely pull on your heartstrings...

MY TEMPTATION, is a story about serendipity and taking chances... It makes you see that some risk are worth taking.

BRING THE HEAT, is the new-adult romance in this series. This story makes you see that it's o
Samantha Ortegon (Books, Wine & Time)
I went a little crazy after finishing Bring The Heat by L. Wilder. It's not because I didn't like it, I found myself not wanting it to end. These Michaels brothers will drive you insane, they are gorgeous, sexy, loving, caring and they know who they want as soon as they set their eyes on her.

Tucker Micheals returns home to recover from an injury, he takes his brother up on the offer to assist the little league team that his brother coaches. It will keep his mind off his injury, his team and pla
Corrie
Mar 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
L. Wilder knows what she is doing with me. I read book one in the Happy Endings collection and totally loved it for its taboo side all while making me laugh.

She totally gets another 5 stars because she hit me where it counts. Kids. Anytime you put a child in the middle as a catalyst for two people to get together...I'm done.

Smart.

Pulled in by Taboo...held captive by the kids.

Outside of that Kaci and Tuckers story was amazing. Both of them struggling a little personally and finding a little comfo
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kaci is a college student who is helping her mom with her younger brother by taking him to baseball practice when she meets Tucker Michaels, a professional baseball pitcher, who is injured, & helping his brother coach a little league team. Kaci has no idea who he is, so she believes he's a jerk, & takes an instant dislike to him, although she thinks he's hot. Tucker wants her, so let the games begin. Bring the Heat was a short, no drama story filled with sassiness & heat. I loved bot ...more
She's a Lip Biter
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
A change of pace with this series of novellas for this author but it works well.

Kaci tries to help her much younger brother, Kaden, with baseball however her ineptitude in all areas of sport makes it difficult. Tucker Michaels, a pro baseball player, gives a helping hand while recovering from an injury. Kaci instantly labels Tucker as arrogant and a player...but is he?

Basically this is a sweet romance that leaves you feeling good but also wanting to read Colton's story as soon as possible too.

B
Jacey Jeffrey
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this latest story by L. Wilder!!! This is the story of Tucker and Kaci. Kaci is helping her brother Kaden with baseball but she doesn't have an athletic bone in her body. Tucker is recuperating at home after a baseball injury and while he is off he decides to help his brother coach a little league team. There is where he meets Kaci and there is instant attraction. Kaci isn't impressed with Tucker and his arrogance and avoids him at all costs. She can try all she wants but Tucker h ...more
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
This was something different from L. Wilder and it was still enjoyable. I was in need of a book that while a quick read, it was one that will have you hooked from the beginning. It was just what I needed, a romance that is drama free, sweet with a touch of steamy. The chemistry between the the two is one that cannot be denied, even though they try.

Neither of these characters are looking for a relationship. He is only in town a few weeks to rehab his injury and she knows his type and with school
I Dont Get Sundays
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I loved this short little story, it wasn't long enough. We meet Kaci helping with her younger brother, this military brat is anything but irresponsible. She is going to school, working, and trying to be a normal 20 something woman. Although dating doesn't come easy, life is busy, and she would rather be at home.

Tucker is injured, which brings him back home. He is helping his brother with a little league team, leading him to his introduction to Kaci.

The sparks fly, they are both stubborn, they a
Nicole Smith
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
This was a great fast paced read. It packed a punch for me. I loved the characters. They drew me right into the story. I read this one because Tucker is a baseball player and I'm a sucker for a story with a baseball player hero. This book gave me what I'm looking for and the book is from the Happy Endings Collection so I know I'm going to be one happy camper at the end. This the second book and I loved this one so much I'm going to buy the first book. I'm going to be eagerly awaiting the third b ...more
Stephanie
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a gifted ARC for an honest review.

Another great short love story from L. Wilder!!
The Micheals brothers story continues in this short story with Tucker. The professional baseball player with a leg injury that’s back home to help his older brother coach little league. There he meets Kaci who’s little brother is in team. The two go head to head immediately but the underlying attraction is through the roof!! Steamy hot and super sweetness!! Loved their story!!
Natalie Weston
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a fun, quick read, with plenty of spunk and sass. Tucker and Kaci were a perfect pairing. From their very first chance encounter to the closing chapter the heat and chemistry between them was off the charts. Even though this was a quick read it was packed with plenty story. I really like these short stories Miss Wilder has been putting out. Sometimes you just want a quick read to sweep you away and this definitely did the trick. I'm really looking forward to Coltons story.
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tucker returns home to recover from an injury, and helps his brother coach the local baseball team. Kaci takes her little brother to practice, and has no clue who Tucker is, but she is not impressed with first impressions. This is a quick read, and the story is told in dual POV. This is a humorous, and passionate read, and I was hooked and intrigued throughout. This author has yet again done a wonderful job with this storyline, and I highly recommend her work for all readers!
Brandi
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet, insta-love romance. Really liked the small town feel of it, the low-angst factor & the heaping spoonful of sexy we got when Tucker & Kaci finally got together. Perfect weekend reading material.

That ending though... "And so it begins." Man, did it leave me thirsty for more. I miss Tucker & Kaci already!

Now, time to back-track... I need to find out what happened between Seth & Grace in My Temptation. :)
Patricia Blevins
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book we will meet the other Brother Tucker Micheals. Tucker is a baseball player home from an injury. Who will be helping his brother Colten. Then we meet Kaci a young lady who is helping her mom her dad is in the service. So she brings her brother Kaden to practice and meets Tucker who she thinks is a Player and I don’t Me in baseball. But when these two finally do get together will they be able to just walk away?
Sheila'S Book Corner
This was an absolutely sweet and Amazing Novella. It was just what I needed. It really has so many cute, LOL moments and moments you wanna cry cos you can't imagine how they must feel.

Watching Tucker and Kaci fall for each other was really great. I love when a heroine doesn't fall Gaga because he is famous. And I love when Tucker works to get into her heart.

Can't wait to get to the end of this book in the next Novella.

Enjoy!!!
Kim Richards
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it

This is another short story, but another brilliant read. I really enjoyed it. There are surprises in this book, some you will see coming and others you won't, I got a few wrong.
Once again I was pulled into the story from the beginning and didn't want it to end.
So worth the rating I have given it and I would recommend this book and the series.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I am a lover of romance novels (especially MC romance), summer breaks, and unexpected quiet moments when I can write without interruptions.