Start by marking “Hiding” as Want to Read:
Hiding

Hiding

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  116 Ratings  ·  93 Reviews
A gripping psychological thriller with chilling twists, from a unique new voice.

Keller Baye and Rebecca Brown live on different sides of the Atlantic. Until she falls in love with him, Rebecca knows nothing of Keller. But he’s known about her for a very long time, and now he wants to destroy her.

This is the story of two families. One living under the threat of execution i
Published February 1st 2018 by Cahoots Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Hiding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hiding

Dash fan
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Highly recommend!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Hiding.
Right from the start I felt uneasy and a little bit spooked and I loved It!!!

Hiding is a nicely paced suspenseful book that is full of secrets, family drama,  mystery, intrigue, it's thrilling, captivating, and will keep you turning pages to uncover the connections and connect the dots!

We meet 4year old Rebecca and her brother Austen and sister Colette. They become orphaned when there parents tragically die in a car crash.
They go to live wi
Helga
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, mystery, netgalley
4.5

Hiding is an intense and gripping story about perseverance, survival, love, retribution and hate.

Since Rebecca’s parents have died in an automobile accident, she and her siblings have been living with their reclusive and secretive grandparents in a remote mansion in Scotland.
There are many secrets to uncover and many questions to find answers to for Rebecca. Why are her grandparents reluctant to talk about the accident? Why the certain incidents she can remember from her past don’t match wit
Felicia
Jul 02, 2018 rated it did not like it
Unlike most reviewers, I gained little pleasure from reading this book. In fact, I would have given up about a third way through if this wasn't an ARC awaiting a review as I feel I should read the entire book before offering an opinion. It's not so much the plot or the characters left me less than eager, it's the writing itself. It's so jerky, simple sentences that should clearly be combined, issues with tense. Honestly it made me feel anxious for reasons I can't really explain. All the joy of r ...more
Monnie
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the interests of full disclosure, it's not often that I accept an offer to read a book that comes directly from the author. For the most part, that's because I've been burned in the past, and I have zero confidence that anything in the pages has ever seen the eyes of a proofreader. And as a professional writer/editor (nonfiction only), finding more than handful of errors - even in a pre-publication copy - is enough to make me apoplectic. It is - and forever will be - my belief that anyone who ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Hiding is a well written psychological thriller with plenty of twists and turns.

This is the story of two characters Keller Baye and Rebecca Brown who live on different sides of the Atlantic to each other. We read their story in both the past and the present which I felt really added to the story. I don’t want to say too much about the story as I believe you should just jump in blind.

I found this to be a well thought out storyline. The twists and turns had me gripped. I’m looking forward to rea
Sandie Bishop
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
The beginning of this book is told from two points of view, Rebecca Brown who is an orphan living is Scotland and Keller Baye whose father is on death row for shooting a man during a failed bank raid. The two threads of the story are each very good as separate stories and for the first half of the book I enjoyed reading each of them although despite knowing that they must intersect at some point it was not clear how and why this would happen.
Rebecca is a bit of a dreamer who was far too young t
Michelle Ryles
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: galleys-read
Hiding draws you in immediately with two very strong and intriguing main characters: Rebecca Brown and Keller Baye. The reader is catapulted into such pivotal points in each character's life that it made me sit up and take notice, rubbing my hands in glee, at such juicy bait dangling from the line cast by Jenny Morton Potts. Now that's what I call hooked from the start.

Rebecca's story starts in 2007 when she becomes an orphan along with her older siblings: brother, Austen, and sister, Colette. W
Misfits farm
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rebecca lives with her two siblings with her grandparents as their parents died in a car accident. She does some research and can’t understand why her name is not the same as theirs was. Keller makes his last journey to the prison where his father has been incarcerated and then travels to England to find out more about a family he has known about for a very long time. Two separate stories of two very different lives. This is a well written novel that took me a while to get into but once I did I ...more
Chandra Claypool (wherethereadergrows)
Potts takes us on a journey through Rebecca and Keller's lives. Through intricate back stories, we learn of their families, their own pasts and how they end up intersecting. For me, the beginning was a bit slow in starting and wasn't quite grasping my interest. Keller's journey to becoming a killer was quite more interesting than Rebecca's back story. But once the story starts to mesh together, it takes off.

The concept of this book is fantastic. While the writing felt choppy in certain areas, l
Claire
Jan 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked the sound of this storyline, it appealed and sounding like one of those good old fashion thrillers although sadly it wasn't as gripping as I had first hoped. The idea was a good one, a sprinkle of the usual family secrets and a man with a hidden past and an ulterior motive. I was curious, I wanted to know what happened but yet the ending, for me, wasn't the expected one.

Some of the aspects were good, strong and engaging whilst others felt long winded and irrelevant although I app
Aly
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had from the beginning. I loved the cover and everything about this book. This is a new author for me and I would read more. As the book promises it is a very gripping psychological thriller! I enjoyed it very much. You should check it out. *This book was given to me for free at my request and I provided this voluntary review.*
Saarah Niña
Brilliant!

Othaniel Baye is to be executed for his crime. A murderer, the father of Kellar Baye. Keller being a man you will pity, you will get to know him better: him and all his motives. A man stuck in a sorry situation trying to make it all better for himself. A hard worker, they all say. Will he capture your heart? Like he did, Rebecca Brown's. Rebecca lost her parents young, and was left with no real answers. She's trying to move on from all that but still wanting to know of her family.

Th
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Brown is an orphan. She is sent to the highlands of Scotland to live with her grandparents and brother and sister after their parents die in a car crash. Keller Baye is in a similar position in North Carolina, having been left with his horrible Aunt Joya after his dad is involved in a failed bank robbery and is on death row.

Keller becomes obsessed with finding Rebecca Brown but why?

The story is told from the viewpoints of Rebecca and Keller. We follow their story from 2007, when Keller i
Stephanie
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
With thanks to the author for the copy received.Hiding is a dual narrative novel that was slightly different to the ones that I have read previously.Keller’s story was the one that I got into more quickly. His descent from neglected child into a murderer was chilling and rapid. Very much a loner but he also knew how to charm, until he had no further use for that person and he then turned to cruelty.Rebecca was also a loner. I liked her alternative name of Youngest or Youngest Brown. She was adam ...more
Donna Maguire

I love this cover, it fits the book so well, it's really striking and definitely drew me in!

It is a well written psychological thriller that has a great storyline to it. I liked the way the story is told by the characters and the settings were great. The only downside for me was that times there was content that could probably have been cut out to make the story a bit more punchy but that's only a minor niggle for me.

This book is very good, I thoroughly en
Heena Rathore P.
4.5/5

Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts is a fast-paced new psychological thriller that will keep you hooked right until the very end.

I enjoyed every bit of reading this book! The writing was one of the best parts of this book; it was very fluid, smooth and engaging. The next best thing for me was the mind-blowing plot; it was so interesting that it was hard for me to stop myself from reading the next chapter every time I finished one. The plot unravels beautifully and the reveals were rewarding. Once
Tara  Niland
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, first book i have read by this author and it wont be the last & many thanks to Jenny for sending me an arc of this book to read before publicarion & as always i am late in posting my review so apologies Jenny...
This book tells us about Rebecca and Keller who live at opposite ends of the world basically but they eventually come together, but what is the alterior motive and who has the most to loose, plenty of twists and turns and a great ending x
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, books-to-review
This story is told from two perspectives – Rebecca and Keller. Rebecca and her siblings live with their grandparents and all they know is that their parents were killed in a car crash. Keller is the son of a man that was a getaway driver for a heist but ended up killing a judge. Keller lived with a very uncaring and cruel Aunt and I think this is part of the reason why he became much like his father, a killer.

The story spans a little over a decade as it starts when Rebecca and Keller are younger
Yvonne
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Set as a sort of time slip and as a transatlantic thriller we meet Keller Baye from America and Rebecca Brown from Scotland. There is a connection that links these two people, well, more their parents actually, but not everyone knows what this link is. As the story unfolds we are taken deeper into the two family’s histories and are given details on Keller and Rebecca, their upbringing within their families, education and friends.

The story starts off at an unhurried stroll and gradually picks up
Lynne Dooner
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, a real page turner from beginning to end. No spoilers but you will not be disappointed. Well written, great characters, good plot. Lots of twists and turns. Would highly recommend this but be warned, I couldn't put it down so set aside a few hours reading time.
Judith Barrow
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book; Jenny Morton Potts has created a good psychological thriller; great plot, believable characters, good dialogue.

Hiding follows two main characters from different countries, both well-rounded and many layered: Rebecca, the protagonist, brought up in the Scottish Highlands with her siblings by her grandparents. It’s a bleak seemingly loveless household according to the narrative from Rebecca’s point of view. But there are many unanswered questions, especially about the death of
Grady
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
‘If you’ll forgive me, memory lane is not where I need to be this minute.’

British author/screenwriter Jenny Morton Potts lives and writes in Derbyshire. She has published two books – PIANO FROM A 4TH STORY WINDOW and the screenplay resulted in a movie filmed in Sussex, and now HIDING.

Jenny’s gift for creating terrifying atmospheres and leading the reader through twists and turns that border on incredible is evident from the start of her book –first we meet Rebecca - ‘Killer Road,
April 2007 - Th
Phil Leader
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Keller Baye is the son of a murderer, a man he is about to watch die for his crime. A man who only wants one thing from his son: revenge.

Rebecca Brown is an orphan who has been brought up by relatives in a remote Scottish house and who's thirst for knowledge about her parents and the car crash in which they died only grows keener the less those around her are prepared to talk about it.

Despite the miles between these two people they are connected by a single thread, and that thread is set to brin
Lynda Dickson
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Shelves: adult
When she was four, Rebecca was orphaned - along with her older brother Austen and sister Charlotte – and sent to live with her grandparents in Scotland. On her tenth birthday, Rebecca tries to find out how her parents died. She knows the rest of the family is keeping something from her and is determined to uncover the truth. Many years later, she meets Keller. He’s keeping secrets, too. Like the fact that he’s been stalking her for a long time and that his father has just been executed in prison ...more
Vicki
Feb 28, 2018 added it
But where the hell do I start with this book?! I had no idea what to expect when I began reading this, the synopsis not giving an awful lot away and the author being new to me. I couldn't have prepared myself though for the intense roller coaster of a ride it was going to take me on though - not a chance.

The book begins with ten year old Rebecca, the youngest of three siblings and being brought up by clearly reluctant grandparents following the death of her parents in a car crash years ago. It'
Denzil
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I was impressed by Hiding. The characters are interesting and well described, with exceptional dialogue. There’s no “one dialogue fits all” here; each character talks uniquely: the three children, the grandparents, the teacher, the “Uncle”, even the characters on the other side of the Atlantic.

It’s an intriguing plot, or should I say plots? Because in Hiding there are two apparently unconnected plots running in parallel for most of the book. Two locations. Two continents. Two timeframes. Two st
Cyndi
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG! This book was really great! If you are into family psychological dynamics & suspense, plus thrilling & surprise twists with some sort of a resolution (not implying the resolution is of your choice; it's the Writer's) you should definitely try this one! She is a great writer, story teller, with a unique creativity and very contemporary. No Spoilers here. I HATE spoilers! (They should be banned.) 😏😏
Lynda Stevens
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For the sheer ingenuity of the plot this novel is superb. The facts are presented to the reader, but the implications of these are not so that when the revelations to start, the surprised at of the best kind: the answers had been staring in the reader on the page from the very beginning.

The story follows the lives of two main characters: the American Keller Baye, who went to attend the execution of his father and Rebecca Brown, who is growing up on a stern, bleak House in the Scottish Highlands
Nora
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve become a big fan of psychological thrillers over the last 12 months and am totally drawn into the complex human mind and how circumstances shape behaviours.

Hiding by Jenny Morton Potts is of this genre. A very well written novel with twists and turns that when unravelled will leave you wide eyed and feeling slightly breathless.

Have you ever wondered how your actions, how a moment in time can irrevocably and irreversibly change your whole being. How it can change the future of your loved o
The Pursuit Of Bookiness
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This one was another one that drew me in with its cover and my instinct from a good cover has to date never let me down! This is such a well written thriller and the psychological genre always gives me chills!

The novel is extremely well written and follows the structure of flipping between characters which can be hard work with some books but it is absolutely not the case with this book. The way the author builds the story is so clever. She starts off slowly and gradually builds the pace taking
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Jenny Morton Potts was born in a smart, dull suburb of Glasgow where the only regular excitement was burglary. Attended a smart, dull school where the only regular excitement was the strap. Worked in smart, dull sales and marketing jobs until realising she was living someone else’s life.

Escaped to Gascony to make gîtes. Knee deep in cement and pregnant, Jenny was happy. Then autism and a distra