Start by marking “Positively Izzy” as Want to Read:
Positively Izzy

Positively Izzy

Award-winning comics creator and author of the bestselling Invisible Emmie Terri Libenson returns with a companion graphic novel that captures the drama, angst, and humor of middle-school life. Perfect for fans of Raina Telgemeier, Jennifer Holm, and Victoria Jamieson.

Middle school is all about labels.

Izzy is the dreamer. There’s nothing Izzy loves more than acting in sk

Published May 1st 2018 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Positively Izzy, please sign up.
Maryam You can find it at your local library or bookstore. But you can't read it on Goodreads because you can only rate books on Goodreads. But If you have a…moreYou can find it at your local library or bookstore. But you can't read it on Goodreads because you can only rate books on Goodreads. But If you have a Kindle you can read it there if you purchased Kindle Unlimited. (less)

Mehsi
The newest book, this time we have Bri and Izzy.

Well, this was not as good as Invisible Emmie, I was very much confused. And yes, I also was that while reading Emmie's book, but now even more. Way, even more. Even with that plot twist at the ending, sorry, I had to read another review to get what this meant. I am sure if I hadn't read that review (or others) I would have been confused and be like, whut, why is the mom called (view spoiler)
Sandy
I didn’t catch the twist on this one till I was about halfway through and then I ended up reading this graphic novel twice so I could truly appreciate it. Honestly, I wonder how many teens/children will really get the twist on this book. I enjoyed the “play” on this book but I think more hints could have been inserted in the novel to make it more enjoyable.

There are two stories taking place in this novel constructed of both graphic novel and narration. As you read the novel, there is a clear dis
Tory
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, middle-years
I 100% did not get this one. "Invisible Emmie" was such a great look at anxiety in tweens and incredibly relatable -- and this book just didn't make sense. I had to keep flipping back and forth to remember who was who, and then the ending left me utterly baffled. Can anyone tell me why Bri's mom's name is ALSO Izzy??? I don't get it!!!!

EDIT: Okay. I figured it out. SPOILERS AHEAD!
These stories are told from different timelines. Izzy's story takes place in the past, and she grows up to be Bri's
Karley
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! I thought it was amazing! Especially how it changed perspectives per chapter. I personally enjoy books that do that. I recommend this book!
Erin
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this. I recommended Invisible Emmie to several parent friends for their kiddos. This ARC left me confused. The two intertwined stories left me having to go back several time to understand who was being discussed and how they knew each other. I think the intention of intertwining two stories is interesting - this fell super flat.
Fatma
Before the last three pages i was thinking of 3 stars rating, but the final page plot twist made deserve the fourth star.
Josephine
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was so confused when I finished this book... Just read it and then you'll know why.
Nathalie S
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elisabeth P.
I don't read many junior fiction books but I LOVED this one! It took me back to my Junior High days in a jiffy, like I had never left--the angst, the silliness, the insecurity. I devoured this book between 3:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. any attempt at finding sleep gone! I also loved the illustrations. I will definitely look for more of Terri Libenson's offerings!
Julia
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, but I really wish it was longer. The story definitely didn't need to be rushed along so quickly. But all in all, I really liked the characters, story, and the whole concept, and
*Slight Spoiler*
I love how this author puts such amazing twists at the ends of her books!
*Spoiler over*
Anyway overall a great book and I recommend this and Invisible Emmie all the way!
Paula
The ending...I had to do a double take. I liked the two styles of writing to show the stories.
Liz
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
This was an improvement from the authors first book 'Invisible Emmie,' and will appeal to those Raina and Diary Of fans. I will however, be forever scarred by the fact that the spit residue on a guy's face who one of the main characters is crushing on she describes as "like a twinkling star" ::shudder:: I also was irritated that to my recollection we never find out Izzy's real first name. Also can we just stop using 'Irish twins' and just say that two siblings are close in age and leave it at th ...more
Em
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m unsure how I feel about this graphic novel! On one hand, I know my grade 6 students will really enjoy it. On the other, the book seemed rushed or incomplete somehow. I didn’t see the ending coming and found it quite sweet how their two lives were intertwined although I absolutely missed most of the hints along the way (or maybe there were none??? Who knows.)

Sweet story and the author manages to capture the voice of middle schoolers well- but something about this fell a little flat for me.
Chloe
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Becca
I reeeeally liked the plot of this graphic novel, even more than Invisible Emmie. It was fun getting to know Brianna better and see a bit of Emmie, and I enjoyed Izzy's part of the story too.

Both Izzy and Bri's character development was good and I definitely didn't see the big twist at the end coming (even though it was fairly obvious, after the fact). I'm looking forward to re-reading this book in the near-ish future to experience the story again, from the beginning, and see how everything play
Jenna
Mrs Mommy Booknerd http://mrsmommybooknerd.blogspot.com
This book gets life as a middle school kid. Like, really gets it. I loved it so much. I loved the humor, honesty and heart. I loved that I could relate to the story as much as a middle school kid could. These two girls are very different and when things come together amazing things happen. I loved that it was deeper than just a cute book about middle school though. It was also about being yourself, but also stepping out. It is about life and all the good and bad and making it through both. I can ...more
Stephanie
This started out really well, and as a result, I wanted to like it..... but it didn't quite live up to what I expected. I didn't love the fact that Izzy very likely has a form of ADHD and gets punished for it and it doesn't become something that is worked on, and I really didn't love the twist at the end. There are a lot of relatable moments, and reminders that middle school brain is not the smartest, and the relationships between the sisters is well drawn out. It was a fun and quick read, but a ...more
Penny Peck
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-ya
Like the earlier book INVISIBLE EMMIE, this graphic novel has some text passages, so overall, it will appeal to DIARY OF A WIMPY KID fans, but gives a female perspective. There are two alternative stories told from two points of view: Brianna, the middle school brain, and Izzy, who is more artistic. They are best friends but very different; Izzy is the middle of three sisters with a single mom who is a nurse, and Brianna is the only child of two teachers at their school (her mom is the drama tea ...more
Jennie
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this graphic novel until the ending and then I had to rethink the whole story. You have two characters, Brianna and Izzy. Yeah have alternating sections and the writing and pictures are different, which I enjoyed. At the end of the story I was totally confused, and had to read other reviews to figure it out. Story was about Brianna who is smart and gets drafted to be in a drama show by her mother, and Izzy who loves performing, but schoolwork is not her thing. Her teachers keep telling ...more
Tena Edlin
This was a fun, quick read. I love reading books about artsy, geeky kids. I wish there had been more books like that when I was growing up. I didn't understand the ending until a student explained it to me, and then I had to go back and find the clues that I'd overlooked the first time. That was a fun little adventure to have after the end of a book. Once I understood the ending, I liked the book even more.
Maria
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute graphic novel about two middle school girls who don't know each other, but whose lives briefly converge at the school's talent show. I suspect the author took liberties with each girl's "epiphanies" because, when I was that age, I had absolutely no clue who I was or the confidence and self-esteem to like myself, despite my parents' unconditional love. But this kind of story is nice to read in hindsight and wish for "what might have been."
Theresa
Quick, entertaining, and satisfying middle school story that altermates between text and graphic novel formats. Two very different characters with parallel storylines that eventually intersect. Fans of Drama by Raina Telgemeier will like this too.
Idarah
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Libenson’s sophomore graphic novel wasn’t a slump! Hoping she’ll have something up her sleeve for summer of 2019.
Cortney (cortingbooks)
Mini Me Rating
Jennifer Wolf
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maidie: I like how Bri tried something new- drama. The book is a little bit bad because kids can get ideas about going places by sneaking out of the house.
Shoshi Azran
It was good... but not like her first one!
Gavin
it was soooo good
laura (bookies & cookies)
Terri Libenson's books always have some sort of twist, but I was not expecting this at all!
katyjanereads
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amairani
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Positively Izzy by Terri Libenson is a great comic to read when your brain is bit overworked. It’s funny and relatable and definitely will give you a good laugh. Izzy is a dreamer and loves to act,however she always lacks focus when it comes to school. Bri is a very smart character and is known for it but at times she’d rather be known as something else than just the brain. As much as I liked the book, I would’ve preferred for there to be only one point of view than both Izzy's and Bri’s. This i ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Swing it, Sunny
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Brave (Awkward, #2)
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Tiger vs. Nightmare
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Unicorn of Many Hats (Phoebe and Her Unicorn, #7)
  • All Summer Long
  • The Breadwinner: A Graphic Novel
  • The Great Big Boom (HiLo, #3)
  • Be Prepared
  • Sanity & Tallulah
  • Short & Skinny
  • Illegal
  • The Secret Sheriff of Sixth Grade
  • Sparks! (Sparks! #1)
  • New Shoes
  • Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Planet Girl (Charlie Joe Jackson, #5)
Terri Libenson (pronounced LEE-bensun) is the cartoonist of the internationally syndicated comic strip, “The Pajama Diaries.” She is also an award-winning humorous card writer for American Greetings Corp. She has written for AmericanGreetings.com, Egreetings.com, and BlueMountainArts.com as well.
Terri graduated from Washington University in St. Louis in 1992 with a BFA in illustration and a minor