Start by marking “Awkward” as Want to Read:
Awkward

Awkward

Ladies,

I know how things look from the outside. I’m rich. I’m a successful surgeon. I’m handsome. I should have women lining up from here to New Jersey clawing for space in my bed, but there’s one huge catch.

I’m f*cking awkward.

Every time I get a date, I spoil it. Asked if she’s pregnant? Check. Forgot her name? Check. Bought a meat lover’s pizza for my vegan girlfrie
Published January 30th 2018 by Heat, Heart, and Humor books

To ask other readers questions about Awkward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awkward

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
3.5 stars!

I enjoyed it well enough, but I didn't really see the awkwardness in Jack Darcy? He's more of a quiet, serious guy than "awkward".

Tropes: Friends to Lovers, Childhood Friends
POV: First Person, Dual POV
Standalone: Yes
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was so cute! I liked it so much!

Jack is swoon-worthy. He’s sweet, smart and sexy. I loved him so much. He’s a successful surgeon, but can be a little awkward around women, specially if he’s on a date with them. I found that so endearing.

Allie, is Jack’s best friend and trying to help him out in the romance department by creating the Romance Academy. This was so funny! She made him read romance books so he could learn from the “pros”. I loved Allie, even though she frustrated me a few
Dilek VT
2,5 max, but definitely not 3 - just meh!

Nearly all of us love a well-written friends-to-lovers books but unfortunately they are rarely well-executed.

For me to love it, there should be a convincing “switch of feelings” from being friends to lovers so that I can believe in it. But mostly, writers choose the easy way out. For example, he sees his best friend in a sexy dress (or she sees him in a suit or better shirtless) and suddenly he asks himself why he never saw her in that way before (or she
Siobhan
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awkward was my first Lily Kate book, and it will not be my last. I decided to read this one as it had the potential for a decent story, only for it to win me over before the end of the first chapter.

Awkward is one of those books that grabs you hard and refuses to let go. You’re sucked into the story, and before you know what has happened you’ve finished the book in a single sitting. I’m no stranger to finishing a book in a single sitting, but such was not my plan for this one. Awkward was suppos
Escape into a Booksite
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, favorites
*5 Stars*

ARC kindly received in exchange for an honest review.

I always love a good friends to lovers romance, and this one was no different. I literally devoured this book in a few short hours.

I LOVED Allie and Jack. They fit together so well, and considering they both think that the other doesn’t feel for them as more than a friend or sibling type relationship, this was really fun to read. I enjoyed the secondary characters, apart from Jacks parents, and this was such a fun and easy read.

Fo
Quinn's Quippy Quotes
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 I want my happy ever after Stars!!!

So there's a few things that are a guarantee when reading Lily Kate books:
1. Super cute premises
2. Hot and sexy times
3. Laugh out loud moments with a health dose of "awwww"

So, if I haven't said this enough in my updates while reading this: THIS IS SUPER CUTE! I mean, super cute. If you are looking for a sweet and sexy friends to lovers, you HAVE to read this!

When I'm committed to an author, I don't bother reading the blurbs. I just dig right in. I love t
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author and Give Me Books***

Jack and Allie are friends. Best friends. And, as we learned in When Harry Met Sally, in order for men and women to be just friends, well, it doesn't happen. One of them is going to be attracted to the other.

That's just how these things work.

Jack has convinced himself he's awkward. That he's an awful date and that he's hopeless when it comes to women. He can't figure out why he has the amazing relationship he has with Allie but can't find it wi
Michelle
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awkward is a standalone romance by author Lily Kate. I have read one of Lily Kate's other books, and I really enjoyed it, so when I saw this best friends romance about an awkward doctor, I knew I had to read it. Awkward is kind of my thing. Plus, I really do enjoy best friends romances. Awkward was a really fun read. Great for fans of funny slow burn romances with lots of mishaps and plenty of heart.

Awkward is the s
Jessica Alcazar
My first Lily Kate book and I'm impressed. I had a huge smile on my face the entire read and it never felt silly or over the top. It's not a sexual story at all, but it sure is sexy and heart-warming and truly fun to read. I loved everything about both Jack and Allie and their journey. I'm even smiling NOW while I write this remembering all the LOL moments!

If you're looking for a quick entertaining romantic comedy read, then look no further. This book will hit the spot! #TRUST

Copy provided for b
Nadine
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit, glasses, nerdy
2 Stars

The blurb promises a cute, nerdy friends to lovers story. The book cannot live up to these expectations. The plot was shallow, the H a mix between awkward and confident. I don't see why a guy who looks like every woman has to fall to his feed is so disabled when it comes to dating. Don't get me wrong, I don't want every guy to be a super man whore. I love nerdy guys with all my heart but if you write about an awkward guy, make sure that he's authentic in any way.

The h... let's not talk ab
Joy Novel Thoughts
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Awkward is a hilarious friends to lovers romance that will have you giggling throughout. What's better than an alpha hero? An awkward hero!! Lily Kate nailed this hero and I couldn't have been happier!

"Change your shirt, drink a glass of wine, and use that pen. We are going to find you love, Mr. Darcy."

I have been in this situation ish a time or two in my life, you know the whole I think I have a crush on my guy friend, but do I really want to go there and ruin that friendship? Am I good enough
Danielle from Short and Sassy
3 stars
I love a nerdy romance. This one was cute, and predictable. From the first few pages you knew where this story was headed. Jack and Allie have been friends their whole lives. Jack is a nerdy doctor who needs help with women. Allie is his bff who offers to help him out.

This story has been done.... many times. I sometimes feel old, because I don't understand why people just don't talk! Instead of hiding feelings!
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"He's both the figment of my fantasies and the bane of my existence."

Awkward was my introduction to Lily Kate. I just couldn't resist the hot cover and intriguing synopsis. And, I can't resist an awkward nerd either. Too many delicious details to pass up finding out more about the #DeliciousDrDarcy.

Allie is a kindergarten teacher. She's content with her life. She has both a male and a female best friend. Which is great for her because she needs counseling on a regular basis. Her girlfriend is
Heather C
Shelves: arc, jan-2018
Awkward is the first book I've read by Lily Kate and I'm so excited that I have discovered a new to me author that I look forward to reading more from. This book is a funny, sweet and addictive friends to lovers romance. I seriously couldn't put it down. I tried. I had some other things to do but I kept finding myself taking breaks from other tasks just so I could read a little bit more.

Jack and Allie have been best friends since they were children. Their families run in the same circle so you w
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Give me a best friends to lovers story with a gruff sexy doctor and his funny, sassy kindergarten teacher best friend. Add in all kinds of missed signals and signs, supportive friends, not always supportive family, and lots of Pride and Prejudice references and you've got a great story that I loved.

Dr. Jack Darcy has the worst luck with relationships and dating. He is very awkward with women in general except when it comes to his best friend Allie Jenkins. She's the only one who has seen him in
Sheri
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awkward is the story of Jack Darcy, surgeon extraordinaire, who happens to be super awkward when it comes to women – except one. The only person who gets Jack is his best friend, Allie. Jack and Allie have been best friends forever. They have Chinese food for dinner every Sunday. They know everything about one another. Sounds perfect, right?

Jack has had some bad luck on dates. Allie offers to help Jack with a “romance academy”. Allie’s an avid romance reader, and wants to help Jack find his perf
Kim
Jan 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Jack and Allie have been friends for their entire lives. They have always been totally comfortable just being themselves with one another.

Jack dating is, well, awkward. He never seems to say the right thing at the right time nor has he found the “one” he’s truly looking for. He has an amazing relationship with Allie and has no problem being himself but he can’t just do that with anyone. Or really, won’t do that with anyone. Because he’s in love with his best friend.

Allie wants Jack happy. She w
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(3.75 stars)

After a horrible date that ended with wine on his shirt, Jake turns to his best friend, Allie, for help. Allie decides she is going to help him get less awkward and proceeds to school him on how to be the perfect date. With interfering parents, double dates gone bad, and some all out funny moments; the two start to realize just maybe Jake's problem isn't his awkwardness but maybe the fact that he is love with his bestie. With everything else going on, will Allie ru
Amanda
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
AWKWARD. was a little awkward and a lot funny! This friends to lovers romance is the perfect fun and flirty read to bring you out of book funk. Jack is a hot shot surgeon-- you would think he would be able to pull chicks, but the poor guy is awkward as hell. Don't fret! His best friend Allie is ready with a romance lesson plan, but I think we all know how this is going to go...

Allie and Jack show enough heart and chemistry to make the transition from friendship to relationship believable-- which
Colleen Giminiani
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awkward by Lily Kate was a great friends to lovers read. It was a soft build that left me wanting more. There were just a few hot scenes, but Oh-My!! They were totally worth the wait.

Dr. Darcy is the best friend any girl would be lucky to have. He is the perfect mixture of sexy and sweet. I even loved his awkwardness! Allie was down to earth and lovable. You couldn't help, but want to shout from the sidelines at wanting the best for them both.

The cover fits perfectly and the epilogue was so swo
Pelusa Rivera
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received an ARC at no cost to author..What the heck happened? How could I have never read from this author before? I am boggled because let me tell you that I have found another author to stalk. This book was hilarious, and just needed at the right time because I had just finished reading a sad one so this fit the bill. My friends don't even bother finishing reading this review, buy the book it was awesome, and NOOOO, I will not give you details because you seriously need to read! Enjoy!!!
Laurie Beemer
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved the originality of this book. Best friends to lovers is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. This book made me laugh, and yell. I hated Jack's mother a lot. This book shows you that not every one is searching for the same thing in their lives. Happiness for one person may be settling to another. What is important never miss out on the extraordinary!!!! Thank you for allowing me to read this and write about it.
aicha julie
It was sweet.
Jack is this hot surgeon who's failing in his Romance life and asks his best friend Allie for help, Allie is a sweet, funny kindergarten teacher .
They're both in love with each other but too coward to say anything but along the way as Allie starts Helping Jack with some dating tips the sparks fly and they start admitting their feelings for each and comes the question of what to do about those feelings and the whole it's going to ruin their friendship bullshit.
There was real some not
Babbling Chatter  Reads
🖋 SNEAK PEAK REVIEW 🖋
This is my first book by Lily Kate and it so definitely did not disappoint. The story of Jack and Allie was such a sweet and down to earth kind of ⭐⭐⭐⭐💫 4.5 stars read that had me itching for more and a HEA that would never be forgotten. It was more than just awkward, cute, and something building over the years. It was years in the making anticipating its release for explosion but if only they can get pass the friend's stage. For a romantic comedy I am usually one where it
Stephanie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story rekindled my passion for romance reads. It was funny, cute, and NOT a headache to read. The beach scene alone gets it 3 stars and the characters added the 4th. Yes there was some annoying moments but all in all it was a great read.
Beth
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am the type of reader who will find myself wanting to read more for an author who I did enjoy one of their other books ... I found this one ... i love a good romantic comedy and this is indeed one ... love the cover. I love humor ... so funny at times. ( :
Katharine Sadler
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An entirely sweet, fun, funny romance. Both of the characters are quirky and fun, but also entirely believable. I loved the way they looked out for each other and put the needs of the other before their own.
Liz
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute, funny and charming read! Loved the story and characters!

Happy reading!
Tanja Kezmic
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
This rom-com was such a delightful read. Who doesn’t love an awkward doctor who doesn't know what to do with woman who isn’t his best friend? And a Best friend who's determent to help him find love even when she deep down knows no one is going to love him more than her.

I got to say the slow build up was fantastic - the years of Jack wanting her. The years Allie kept thinking that they are best at being friends. The moment when they FINALLY decided to act on their feelings…it was simply put AMAZ
Kimberly (Kimmy Loves to Read)
Jan 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 Stars

Review to come soon!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Loving Justice: El Camino Real
  • Luka: Perfectly Damaged – A bad boy mafia romance
  • Fix My Fall (The Fix, #3)
  • The Alternate-Day Diet
  • Breaking the Cycle (Rocking Racers, #1)
  • Man Flu (Man Cave, #2)
  • The Best Man
  • Love is Strange
  • Addicted
  • Soulmate (Rascals Book 4)
  • Perfect Tenn
  • A Mate To Match (The Brides of Mordenne, #1)
  • Closer (Closer, #1)
  • Unable to Resist
  • Stranded for Christmas (Holiday Acres, #4)
  • A Stolen Heart
  • A Player's Prayer: Baltimore's Most Wanted
  • His Very Own Girl
Lily Kate works a pretttttty boring day job and writes books filled with heat, heart, and humor by night. Her debut novel, Delivery Girl, is set to release in early 2017. When she’s not writing books, you may find her watching Christmas movies before Thanksgiving, eating whipped cream from the can, or hanging out with her family.