Start by marking “Killer Christmas (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller)” as Want to Read:
Killer Christmas (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller)

Killer Christmas

(DI Geraldine Steel #10.5)

‘UNMISSABLE’ – LEE CHILD * ‘A RARE TALENT’ – DAILY MAIL * ‘BRILLIANT’ – JEFFERY DEAVER

A standalone short story featuring Detective Geraldine Steel

HAVE YOURSELF A DEADLY LITTLE CHRISTMAS...

It's Christmas Eve but not all is merry and bright for Detective Geraldine Steel. With her family abroad and her friends booked up, she finds herself alone in York for the holidays.

Published December 18th 2017 by No Exit Press

To ask other readers questions about Killer Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Christmas

Start your review of Killer Christmas (A DI Geraldine Steel Thriller)
Gary
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a short story from the DI Geraldine Steel series by author Leigh Russell.
This book was a free book from Amazon and I thought it was an ideal opportunity to try not only a new crime series but also a new author to me. I am not a huge fan of the short story but this was a chance to get to know the main characters and a feel for the authors writing.
This is not a bad book at all, although reading a Christmas story halfway through the year seemed a little odd all the same. This proved a good
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
I haven't actually read any of the full length books in the series yet so thought this short story was the ideal way to introduce myself to a new character.

It is a short story which took me no time at all to read. Even though set at Christmas time, this can easily be read at anytime of the year.

Killer Christmas, even though short, has made enough of an impression on me to give the series a go of which i look forward to getting to know Geraldine better.
Carol Peace
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Geraldine Steel and Ian Patterson together solving a crime, what more could anyone want. A fabulous short story set at Christmas.
Leigh Russell does it again.
Sharon
Thank you to Netgalley, the author and the Publisher, No Exit Press for this review copy, given in exchange for an honest review.

My first Leigh Russell book, and all I can say is where have I been to have missed this series!! This book may only be a short story at 28 pages, but it was enough of a taster to make me realise that I am obviously missing out on a great series of books.

In this Christmas taster, I met DI Geraldine Steel. I was already feeling sorry for her as her sister, who she
David Highton
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
A very short story, featuring a murder in a crowded bar
Livia Sbarbaro
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Steely eyed detective...on the lookout for a killer

Geraldine Steel a detective is on her Christmas break.Looking forward to spending time with her sister.But when her sister calls to say she is off to St.Lucia Geraldine has to hide her disappointment.She decides to go for a drink in a tent in the town..After polishing off her second drink, a piercing scream fills the air..Geraldine springs into action..The tent is packed to the gills though...When one of her colleagues arrives they know they
Lillian Cummings
May 13, 2018 rated it liked it
All she wanted was a nice Christmas. But killers don't take holidays. Just a simple stop at the park ends in a murder but who killed him? Is the killer still around or have they slipped away around. DI Steel just can't believe her luck she just wanted a nice drink and to watch everyone around her. So when she lands up with a dead body she has to jump into action. Can she find the killer and keep others safe? A good quick read.
Ria
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick, festive tale of murder for the season.
When Geraldine Steel is let down by her sister over the Christmas period she tries to make her own fun wandering around town and ending up at an open air fair but murder abounds when one of the crowd is murdered in plain sight but with a huge crowd who is the killer...?
A five minute read for Christmas for those in the mood for a grisly and bloody escapade.
Patricia Burton
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short but enjoyable read!

Murder in a tent, full of people celebrating the start of the Christmas holidays. Geraldine spending the holidays alone, wandering around the Christmas market in York, stops for a warm drink in the drinks tent to ward off the freezing temperature. A man is murdered, and no one sees a thing!
Sandra Norris
May 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Totally disappointed.

I had only just started the story and it was finished. There was so much that could have been added. Totally disappointed. I was hoping Ian and Geraldine could have had a cosy Christmas together. If I’d known it was only a few pages I wouldn’t have bothered reading it.
Janet Crabbe
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short story is an understatement

Think this is more of an appetite wetter than anything else, I'm disappointed that it was so short but hey DI steel seems like she is worth a bigger read so I guess it worked.
Stacey Wendy  Hammond
May 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Pathetically short, who can decide they want to read a series of books from this? How can you decide what the books heroine is about from this? Not even worth being classed as a free book (does a few pages count as a book??)
Dave
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Far too short, I finished the story before I finished my coffee.
From this it would be very hard to assess whether you wanted to read more books in the series.
Thank goodness it was free because I would have been cheated if I had paid for this.
helen biggs
Jan 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Nice Xmas story

My first read of this author but has prompted me to read more. Nice light read with good description and character
Su Biela
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh what a disappointment

It just wasn't long enough. Geraldine, as usual, got the killer but did she get her man? Come on Leigh! Stop teasing us!
Mark
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good story

I really liked this story it moved along at a pace that I like thinking about more from this author
mary mc allister
Nov 25, 2018
alexander
Nov 18, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Tell Him He's Dead (Max Wolfe #4.5)
  • The Ice Maiden (Detective Inspector Jack Gilbert)
  • Say You're Sorry: Book One (DCI Campbell McKenzie #1A)
  • Last Gasp (The DCI Jamie Carver Series, #1)
  • The Darkest Lies (DI Hogarth Darkest Series, #1)
  • Alive (The Craftsman #0.5)
  • Lost Innocence
  • The Bluebell Informant (DS Giles, #1)
  • Death’s Door
  • Murder in Hatterton Crow
  • Greed (Amber Monroe Crime Thriller, #1)
  • The Final Trick (The Final Trick, #1)
  • The Runaway Train (Detective Kathryn Lincoln #1)
  • 'Til Death (DI Steven Marr Book 1)
  • Dig Two Graves (Detective Solomon Gray #1)
  • Some Particular Evil (The Anglian Detective Agency #1)
  • The Secret Santa
  • Too Close For Comfort (Knight & Culverhouse, #1)
Leigh Russell has sold over a million books in her Geraldine Steel series of crime novels. Published in English and in translation throughout Europe and in China, the Geraldine Steel titles have appeared on many bestseller lists, including #1 on kindle. Leigh's work has been nominated for several major awards, including the CWA New Blood Dagger and CWA Dagger in the Library.
Leigh has also written

DI Geraldine Steel (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Cut Short (DI Geraldine Steel, #1)
  • Road Closed (DI Geraldine Steel, #2)
  • Dead End (DI Geraldine Steel, #3)
  • Death Bed (DI Geraldine Steel, #4)
  • Stop Dead (DI Geraldine Steel, #5)
  • Fatal Act (DI Geraldine Steel, #6)
  • Killer Plan (DI Geraldine Steel, #7)
  • Murder Ring (DI Geraldine Steel, #8)
  • Deadly Alibi (DI Geraldine Steel #9)
  • Class Murder (DI Geraldine Steel, #10)
“pretty exhausting. I think my mother finds it all too much but she absolutely refuses to let any of us help her.’ ‘How many brothers and sisters have you got?’ ‘Four.’ ‘There are five of you!’ ‘You’re a mathematician?” 2 likes
“Geraldine Steel is back for her tenth case. Reunited in York with her former sergeant, Ian Peterson, she discovers that her tendency to bend the rules has consequences. The tables have turned, and now he’s the boss. When two people are murdered, their only connection lies buried in the past. As police search for the” 0 likes