Start by marking “I’m Too Pretty To Be Broke and Other Lies You've Been Telling Yourself” as Want to Read:
I’m Too Pretty To Be Broke and Other Lies You've Been Telling Yourself

I’m Too Pretty To Be Broke and Other Lies You've Been Telling Yourself

There are many ways for a woman to gain wealth, smash the glass ceilings, to make a statement and to be heard without being reduced to just one body part. A woman’s power does not reside in her vagina and believing this lie is actually disempowering a woman.

For more than 7 years, Joan Thatiah has made writing for women her passion and cause. In I’m Too Pretty to Be Broke,
Published July 2017

Be the first to ask a question about I’m Too Pretty To Be Broke and Other Lies You've Been Telling Yourself

Agnes Nyambura
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
The book was pretty similar to the first.,Things I will Tell My Daughter. There are serval lessons or "lies" on the topics of womanhood, money and motherhood.
I found the lessons under money and career resisted more with me and sort of invoked certain questions in me.
One of my fave quotes, "When it comes to your money, be cautious about following trends. Do what works for you and the goals that you have set."
The chapters are short and easy to read. The nuggets section at the end that summarizes
Wamaitha
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm too pretty to be broke, Joan Thatiah

Every woman needs this. Every mother and father raising a daughter needs this book. It does not stop at the woman. Every man needs this book too.

The ‘lies’ that continue to infiltrate our society passed on from generation to generation need stop! We need to look at ourselves as humans who have something to offer, not based on gender!

As women we need to STOP pegging our happiness on Men! This is too much responsibility for an individual. Be responsible for
June
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's an easy but captivating read, you could easily be done in one or two sittings because of how it keeps going on and on and on. Every young lady must read! Especially if you're Kenyan, the context, examples and illustrations hit right home. I kept saying yeah! Yeah on every page. Great read!
Suzanne Majani
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Joan Thatiahs initial book "Things I will tell my daughter" and this one was also a really good read. I love her style of writing which is very relatable for me and the wisdom nuggets are great, especially those on career and finances.
Anna Konuche
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
A good book generally. Easy to read and follow. Based on personal opinions but persuasive nonetheless. I would recommend it to any woman or even man.
Naitore
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-bookshelf
Found my heart
Gathoni Kinuthia
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Okay book.
The nuggets at the very end tie in well the stuff you read in the book.
Tony
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
Great read and insightful messages for the girl child. And perspective on every day affairs.
Rita Laibuta
Feb 14, 2019
Kariuki Njiru
Oct 02, 2018
Joan Kinyanjui
rated it did not like it
Jan 27, 2019