Start by marking “Mr. Darcy's Kiss” as Want to Read:

Mr. Darcy's Kiss

Rich.
British.
Hot as hell.

Elizabeth Bennett has never appreciated any of these traits in a man. So when Mr. Darcy, billionaire British playboy and GQ's Bachelor of the Year, meets her at a function, she's surprised at how attracted she is to him.

That is until he puts his foot in his big, arrogant mouth.

The slap that she gave him got her thrown out of the biggest fundraiser
Paperback
Published December 26th 2017 by Zirconia Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Darcy's Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Darcy's Kiss

Nissa | Of Pens and Pages Book Blog
Whomp whomp. Can't say I loved it. :( Some of it felt forced, like it had to be there because it happened in Pride and Prejudice. I'm not sure if I liked this Elizabeth Bennet, definitely hated this Lydia (as I always do), and didn't really care much for Mr. Darcy. Which is a travesty, since I absolutely love Mr. Darcy.

Full review to follow.

*ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Ari
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it

It was a very meh average-ish kind of book for me. Can't say a lot about it actually, because it's a story we all know very well, so that is definitely not the issue. The delivery and the writing fell short sadly.

ARC provided in exchange of an honest review.
Sheila Majczan
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
A modern story set in the USA which follows much of the outline of P&P. However it is only Lydia and Lizzie as sisters who share an apartment with Jane. Lydia has stars in her eyes and is always looking for someone to make her a famous star. Jane works to restore works of art, while Elizabeth works in the cardiac ICU at St. Austin Hospital.

The three go to a fund raiser for which Lizzie has won tickets and meet Charles Bingley and William Darcy. The latter comes off as a snob (of course) and
Debbie Brown
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jaff, 2018-jaff
This is a very faithful, if a bit abridged, modernization of Pride and Prejudice. Mr. and Mrs. Bennet are mentioned but never appear. Same with Elizabeth's "uncle," who's never identified as Mr. Gardiner, and there's no reference to an aunt. No Anne de Bourgh. Mr. Hurst and Louisa don't exist (unless Louisa goes by "Lou" and owns a coffee truck.) Mary and Kitty Bennet don't exist. Jane is Elizabeth's best friend rather than her sister. (Yes, that leaves Lydia as Elizabeth's sole sibling.) Mr. Co ...more
Nancy D
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pride and Prejudice in todays world. Krista has brought Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy into todays world with an amazing story. If you have read or seen Pride and Prejudice movies you will recognize some of the lines but the love story Krista has created is wonderful. Krista developed the story and the characters so you are immediately drawn into their lives and the lives of those around them. You will laugh at the antics of Lydia and cry with Lizzie and Jane.
Patti
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book!! What's a woman to do when she can't stand someone but she feels a bone deep connection?? That is what Elizabeth Bennett was thinking when she met William Darcy. Elizabeth thought Darcy was arrogant and insulting and could not stand being in the same room with him.
William Darcy thought Elizabeth Bennett was a gold digger. When they realize that they were both wrong can they salvage there relationship or is it doomed to fail?? This is a standalone book! Don't hesitate to buy thi
Roxanne Lovercheck
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book! William Darcy was very arrogant & self-centered but had a good heart. I loved that Elizabeth Bennett stood her ground with him. Elizabeth's sister, was stuck on herself. :) I enjoyed how the relationship blossomed towards the end of the book. I'm really hoping there are more books especially with Charles and Elizabeth's best friend.
Dawn Trepczyk
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received an arc of this book by the author for an honest review. The story was absolutely amazing. Krista never seems to disappoint. I strongly suggest that you read this. If you have liked the authors other books than you will definitely enjoy this one. Mr. Darcey is a hard man to understand. One minute you are hating him, and the next you're loving him.
April Symes
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, arc-review

Oh My! What a lovely, sweet story. This is a modern twist on Pride and Prejudice written for the modern world by Krista Lakes. It follows the original story but has a modern spin and is reworked for today’s world and there are several twists and turns in this story which I found exciting and thrilling.
At first I didn’t like Mr. Darcy.. wasn’t sure if I ever would but oh my, by the end of this book, Mr. Darcy was swoon worthy. Elizabeth was strong and sure even though it seemed at times maybe she
Elizabeth Bennet
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been struggling to get my fix for Darcy and Lizzie. I hesitated because I wasn't sure if I wanted contemporary. I was pleased with this one. Lizzie is a nurse and only has Lydia as a sister. Jane is her BFF. The three live together in an apartment and are going to a high society auction/ party. If you read the blurb about the impression Darcy leaves on Lizzie you it will give you the best idea of the Darcy we are dealing with.

Oh, if you thought he put his foot in his mouth in the original
Amy
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Went by very quickly. Almost too quickly. I didn't realize how short this was when I first started reading. I know this is a P&P retelling, but this was the biggest case of instalove I've ever seen for both main couples. At least Lydia came out unscathed.

To be honest, nothing will ever measure up to The Lizzie Bennet Diaries for P&P modern adaptations. Not to say I won't enjoy other books but I feel like LBD was lightning in a bottle, visually and textually
Doni
I absolutely loved, Mr. Darcy's Kiss
By Krista Lakes!!
Pride & Prejudice is my favorite,
& this modern day variation of the story,
is fabulous!! I liked how the characters from Jane Austen's book, were weaved into
the storyline. You will love everything
about it. I really enjoyed reading this book!!
A MUST READ FOR EVERYONE!!!
Rochelle Spaccamonti
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Received an ARC from author in return of a review! Amazon review to be posted later on after release.

I was in love with the idea of this story. I like how William Darcy came across as rough and arrogant but he really was a decent person. Elizabeth intimidated him and I liked how he was with her. Lizzie’s sister, was annoying lol but well have someone like that!!! This book was amazing!! I hope there is more, especially Charles!!!

Such a great story!!
Heather andrews
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was such a cute read I grew to love Mr. Darcy, there were times the man did not hesitate to help his girl, “I’ll take you home.” He didn’t hesitate. He didn’t have to think about it. He just offered." I liked this book.
Ewa (✿◠‿◠)
I really enjoyed reading this book.
Kristi  Kopydlowski
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Krista Lakes did a wonderful job on this story once again. Had trouble liking Mr Darcy in the beginning, but like Elizabeth I found his story interesting. Charles and Jane’s love helped in forming a bond between Mr Darcy and Lizzie. Truly enjoyed this book, keep up the good work Krista.
Neilliza Swaffar
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided by Author, in exchange for an honest review**

I really love Krista Lakes new book Mr. Darcy’s Kiss. It’s modern day Jane Austen, love the feel good feeling it gave me. Mr. Darcy seemed like such an unhappy man with no love in his heart, in the beginning. But as the story went on and as his life unfolds, I found that he did have a heart and it was a big one. He was all about helping others and finding a way to save his family. His past made him the way he is, it’s not that he didn’t
Lynn
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really great story, following that famous story, but set in current times and given that Krist Lakes touch! It’s another great read by the author!

Loved Elizabeth, Jane, Lydia. Several stories are going on at the same time! This book is a bonus..really 3 stories in one where all end happily. Jane and Charles ! Lydia! Of course Elizabeth and William.

Mr. Darcy was, as you’d expect, a bit cool, but everything came together in a very happy ending.

I LIVE the writing of Ms. Lakes and recommend this boo
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
I haven't read Pride and Prejudice (I know, I know), so I didn't have anything to compare this book to. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this romance! The enemies-to-lovers and back and forth banter had me finishing this book in one reading session. Lydia was, of course, annoying, as little sisters sometimes are. Lizzie and Jane are lots of fun and are more like sisters than friends. The story had some sizzling scenes as well.

Overall, I felt swept away by this romance and didn't want to pu
Kimberley O'Malley
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Love this updated version of the classic! The author keeps you turning pages and theen mourning the fact that it’s over!!!
Becky
DNF-ed at 70%. Reads like a pale shadow of the original, with characters who lack depth and some bits thrown in just because (Collins and Charlotte--blink and you'll miss them entirely! )
Teresita
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and hot

With a modern setting, this story captured my imagination. I couldn't stop reading. Don't start this book unless you have the time to read it to the end.
Cheryl
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute story with multiple HEA. It took me awhile to warm up to Mr Darcy, but finally seeing him for his true self, along with Elizabeth made the journey worthwhile. Enjoyed the other characters I.e., Lydia, Jane, and their journey to their HEA. Georgiana was a breath of fresh air. Smart, witty, in spite of her illness. Keep writing, Krista. Love your books.😍
Alexandra
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I was surprised that this story was very meh for me. I really don't care for first person storytelling, but that's just personal preference. Aside from that, it felt like it was full of gaps. What was there was good, but it should have been fleshed out better.
Le Ann Foster
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
**Reviewed for CherryOBlossoms Promotions**

I gave this book 4 stars!!!

This is a modern day tell of Pride and Prejudice at its finest! If you enjoyed it then you will like this book. I have to say that Krista capture Mr. Darcy to a T!!! The arrogance of him, to the casual way that he didn't want Elizabeth and how he loves his sister! I felt this book could have went on longer than it did and I felt that over all it was a good love story.

Elizabeth cant stand Mr. Darcy from the start but she also c
Runner10
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read several books written by Krista Lakes and love them all. She never disappoints. Mr. Darcy’s Kiss is a modern spin on a classic tale of Pride and Prejudice. I loved the characters and the British tone.
J.R. Tyger
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought for sure this was going to be just another cliche of Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett but dang! Yes, Darcy was rich and arrogant as the original but I liked this one. Probably could love this even more if I could reread it from Mr. Darcy's perspective.

Elizabeth Bennett - She's a nurse in the CICU in a major hospital in NYC. She won some tickets to a fundraiser of her hospital and another hospital. She has a sister Lydia and bff/roommate Jane that attend the event with her. That's where
Christie72
Mr. Darcy’s Kiss is a sexy, romantic, modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice. Mr. Darcy is a sexy, billionaire who owns an airline company. Lizzie is an ICU nurse. The two first meet at a hospital fundraiser. As in the original, Darcy is an arrogant jerk, and Lizzie is a feisty, independent woman. However, Lizzy holds nothing back during their first meeting, she slaps him in the face. She makes an unforgettable first impression. Darcy can’t get her out of his mind. As with the original story, t ...more
Space Cowgirl
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ALMOST SINCERE💕
ARC Received for a Voluntary and Honest Review.

Elizabeth Bennet💋💃 is an ICU nurse and she gets three tickets to her hospital's gala fundraiser. She rents a designer dress💃 and takes her two roommates, her sister, Lydia👶 and her bff, Jane.
Elizabeth💋💃 bids on an antique journal📙 in the silent auction for her father, but a tall, gorgeous British man outbids her. She finds out he is Mr William Darcy🐺🍆🌋, a billionaire and CEO of his own Company. She attempts to talk to him but he acts
Jaimed
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

I liked this book, but I feel like more needed to be done to convey the changing in feelings. What worked so well for the original Pride and Prejudice, doesn't carry over to a more modern take on the story. I feel that more time and interactions needed to be put in place for Elizabeth and William to build their feelings.
Lydia was too naive, but sadly there are people like that in real life. I really wish that something bad had happened to Wickham. He ca
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Billionaire Romance Boxed Set
  • BBW Erotic Romance Boxed Set (An Insatiable Reads Collection of Bestselling Novels & Novellas)
  • Mr Bennet's Dutiful Daughter
  • A Quest for Mr Darcy
  • The Darcy Monologues
  • Sketching Character
  • The Indomitable Miss Elizabeth (Meryton Mystery #2)
  • On Equal Ground: A Pride and Prejudice Vagary
  • Maven's Fractured Fairy Tales
  • Mercy's Embrace (Elizabeth Elliot's Story - So Lively a Chase #2)
  • The Events at Branxbourne
  • Pretending With the Greek Billionaire
  • For Myself Alone: a Jane Austen Inspired Novel
  • The Abominable Mr. Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Variation
  • Parked at the Mansfields'
  • The Companion of His Future Life
  • Sanditon: Jane Austen's Unfinished Masterpiece Completed
  • Rain and Retribution
Krista Lakes is a newly turned 30 year old who recently rediscovered her passion for writing. She loves aquatic life and running marathons. She is living happily ever after with her Prince Charming and her bouncing baby boy.
“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God!" Lydia bounced up and down and pointed. "It's Layla Falls! She's here!"
"Who?" Jane asked, looking around. "Who fell?"
"No,Layla Falls, the movie star," Lydia explained, pointing Jane in the right direction. "She just released a new movie. She's so famous.”
0 likes