Start by marking “Blades Of Illusion (Crown Service, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blades Of Illusion (Crown Service, #2)

Blades Of Illusion (Crown Service #2)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  318 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Sara Fairchild, duelist and combatant, is out for vengeance. Her father was betrayed. Her mother is dead. All she has left is her desire for revenge and a quest for answers.

Now a member of the Mercenary Guilds’ elite guard, she fights on the front lines of her empire’s first civil war. But Sara’s priority isn’t winning the war for the crown or empire. It’s finding out the
Published December 15th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services (first published October 18th 2014)

Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Blades Of Illusion is book two in the Crown Service series by Terah Edun. This book starts off right where Blades of Magic ends. So, their is no time wasted. We jump right back into the war and trying to discover what really happened to Sara Fairchild’s father.

Sara is a great strong female who grows a little with the help of her friend Ezekiel. He’s slipped under her defenses and has found a spot in her life. She needs Ezekiel! She knows how to fight, to do battle, to be a leader, but interactin
Kate
Apr 17, 2014 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope this has some romance in it... I'm such a sucker for it
Lake Reviews
Ok first I say that I love Terah Edun's work. I have everything that I can get on my nook because I prefer that. I was disappointed to not get this on nook also and was waiting to see if it would ever go there. But since it is only on Amazon I do not think it is likely. That started my disappointment but it was something I could handle.

In general this book left me with more questions then answers and an overall disappointment feeling. You do not find out most of the interesting things until the
fee
Oct 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
it dragged so bad
James Lutze
Apr 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Disappointing

The first book was good enough to show promise, but I regret purchasing the second. Set aside the fact that two and a half things happen in this book (only), the realism is full blown out the window. A few hundred bodies wouldn't rot into ankle deep sludge throughout a large field. Working a forge wouldn't be the worst job in a military outpost, nor would it be assigned to an untrained new recruit. Someone with two burst eardrums wouldn't be able to hold a conversation with another
Terrianna Selby
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Characters are great... if a bit conflicted

SPOLIERS

I was baffled with the behaviour of Sara towards Nissa... and her seeming inability to actively THINK and rationalise through several conflicts in this book. The portion with Nissa took the cake for me though... as someone, so honour bound and prideful... so focus of justice... as someone who also killed and tortured in the previous book... I found her aversion to the torture Nissa suffered unrealistic and unreasonable. Here is someone who admit
Sheena
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
I will admit I struggled a little with this one, mostly I think it was me though, and not the book itself. Sara is another great strong female protagonist and it was great to get to know a little more about her, and she had a really well developed character arc in this book.

I did think the action was a bit slow at times and I've been left with more questions than answers but that's fine, it gives me something to look forward to for the next book. Terah has created a rich world with fascinating c
Gretchen Vega
Feb 08, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was decent enough. There were good fight scenes and I really loved the fact that Sara has found a friend! Sara's scenes with Margaret were SO funny and endearing.
I feel like this book just didn't pack a punch like the first book did.
As with the first book, I absolutely adore Sara and Ezekiel I think they're great characters. But, I don't know. I didn't find myself as excited as I was with Blades of Magic. It felt raloy slowly paced throughout more than half the novel.
Here's to hoping
Selaya Morton
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Despite the length of time it took me to read this book I actually enjoyed it. My life has been a little bit nuts over the past couple of months so making that time was a victory for me. The subject matter didn't hurt either: strong heroine, villains & obstacles to overcome with some interesting magic wielding thrown in.....I'm looking forward to witness where this all leads. I'm adding Book 3 to my "Want to Read" list and - hopefully - I can get through it a lot quicker than this one!
Mystie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Story continues and though for my tastes it is a bit drawn out. It is still interesting. The thing that bugged me was that *SPOILER*
the main mystery about why her dad was killed did not progress further.
Although we did see serious development of Sara and her relationships, with her forming her own team. It was a lil disappointing to not see more progress on that aspect.

But solid book and good story telling and world building.
Deborah
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been waiting sooo long for this book after loving book 1 (Blades of Magic) & recently got an opportunity to become an advance reader with a free copy for review purposes.

This book deals with a variety of struggles as Sara battles her own teenage temper and everyone around her while trying to discover who can & cannot be trusted. It keeps you reading and introduces new characters that I am sure will feature more throughout the series - Now I can't wait for book 3!
Yuliya Karabin
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The adventure and action continue!

Terah Edun does it again! Spinning a story with wonderful characters and lots of action and adventure! Sara continues on her adventure in this sequel to Blades of Magic. This book deals mostly with Sara and how her service influences her mentally while still having action packed fight scenes. Can Sara come out of this adventure with her sanity intact?
Daniell
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it
A good series

I’m enjoying this series. The passion and fight of the main character as well as the growing relationship with her friend is an interesting combination. I’m anxious to see where the rest of the story leads.
Louisa
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! Picking up right after Blades of Magic left with that evil ending, events just happen! Such a great book and a great sequel, and I can't wait for more! Though I do want Sworn to Justice (as it currently seems to be titled) more, given that it's the end of a 12 book series!
Jacinta
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This story started where the first book ended. I loved it!
It was exciting watching Sara grow.
I can not wait to see what happens next.
Absolutely brilliant.
*I voluntarily chose to review an advanced copy of this book.*

Peter Carlstrom
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good follow up

Great sequel but the girl was getting on my nerves with her unjustified hostility, pettiness and bad attitude. I liked her side kick much more. The fights, brutality, gore, betrayals were still awesome especially when some unexpected friendships developed.
Revka
Jan 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the story, but it didn't have a real ending. You're just left hanging, and I hate books that do that. I'd have rated this four and a half stars with a real ending.
Abi
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
Great Sequel

Definitely better than book one. In this sequel, we sees TON of character growth from Sara, who makes friends and allies. I look forward to reading book 3.
David Murray
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Book 2 did not disappoint! Will be buying book 3.
Megan
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pretty good bought, the rest of the series. Book two is a learning segment for our hero; a team if formed & loyalties pledged.
Tabby Shiflett
3.25-3.5 Stars
This novel is the second book in Edun's Crown Service series. Let me start off by saying that the first book, Blades of Magic, is so good that it would be difficult to repeat. There's still plenty of good action scenes and choreographed fighting sequences in this book. The awesome characters, old and new, are included. I do hope Sara's character opens up a bit more in the next one and I look forward to learning more about E Crane and his family. The beginning starts off great and t
Craig
Mar 24, 2018
Amanda Strain
Dec 27, 2017
Efe
rated it did not like it
Feb 13, 2017
May 12, 2015
Dan Bruch
Oct 10, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Book Rewritten, New Edition? 2 23 Dec 18, 2017 04:22PM
  • Blood Healing (The Healers of Meligna, #2)
  • Crandolin
  • A Birthright of Blood (The Dragon War, #2)
  • Streets of Shadows
  • The God Killers
  • Misenchanted Shifter (Shifting Crossroads, #17)
  • Lynx Destiny (Sentinels #6)
  • Winter's Tale (Hidden, #6)
  • Fatal Desire (Guardians #2)
  • Stormking Road (Firefly Hollow #6)
  • Doktor Glass
  • Decrypted (Forgotten Ages, #2)
  • The Dragon Phoenix Bracelet

FIND ON FACEBOOK
NEWSLETTER SIGNUP
ASK A QUESTION

NEW RELEASE

Terah Edun's latest YA Fantasy novel, BLADES OF ILLUSION, published in December 2017.

Courtlight Series:

SERIES LINK

Crown Service Series:

SERIES LINK

Forthcoming: Algardis Series

Please don't email me through Goodreads. Send a message through my website, tumblr (preferred) or twitter account for a response.
More about Terah Edun

Crown Service (4 books)
  • Blades of Magic (Crown Service, #1)
  • Blades Of Sorcery (Crown Service, #3)
  • Blades Of Destiny (Crown Service, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Sanctuary (Nomad, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Genome (The Extinction Files #2)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Mechanica (Mechanica, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wired (Wired, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Bandwidth (An Analog Novel Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sufficiently Advanced Magic (Arcane Ascension, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Bees
    $12.99 $1.99
  • The Land: Founding (Chaos Seeds, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Mists of Avalon (Avalon, #1)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Fool's Assassin (The Fitz and The Fool Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Gone, #1)
  • Friday
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Dhalgren
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Moon Chosen (Tales of a New World #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Homeworld (Odyssey One, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Recurve (The Elemental Series, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Deviants (Dust Chronicles #1)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • Before She Ignites (Fallen Isles, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Kill Society (Sandman Slim, #9)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Out of the Black (Odyssey One, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Acacia: The War with the Mein (Acacia, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Menagerie
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Infinite (Gates of Thread and Stone #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Black Bird of the Gallows
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Red Mars (Mars Trilogy, #1)
  • The Gods Themselves
  • Making History
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Matter (Odyssey One, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • The Birthday of the World and Other Stories
    $11.49 $1.99
  • Obsidian Son (The Temple Chronicles, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49