Start by marking “The Psychology of Persuasion: How To Persuade Others To Your Way Of Thinking” as Want to Read:
The Psychology of Persuasion: How To Persuade Others To Your Way Of Thinking

The Psychology of Persuasion: How To Persuade Others To Your Way Of Thinking

Using techniques from hypnosis, neurolinguistic programming, the Bible, and the greatest salespeople in history, Hogan empowers you to improve all areas of your life.
Published May 31st 1996 by Pelican

Start your review of The Psychology of Persuasion: How To Persuade Others To Your Way Of Thinking
Marrick
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must-read for anyone with a livelihood that depends on persuading others. I've used some of the techniques and they've worked for me.
Zuzole Singiswa
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is the best thing since sliced bread. Personally, this book has groomed me and gave me an insight that we are always persuading. but the real question is how good are you?
this book fills that gap. Do you want to be a rainmaker at your firm? are you an entrepreneur who is having a hard time finding clients? do you have a spouse that is very hard to convince? Then reading this book will be the best decision you have ever made in your life.
Navneet Ojha
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Outcome based thinking is something great which is not just required to persuade anyone, but also required to know the inner you.
"The power with in you" is motivating

On the whole is good book, specifically made for sales persons.
Renaldo Horn
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very informative book! I really enjoyed it
Monica
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All human relationships and transactions can be improved following Hogan's smart advice. He teaches you to sail the turbulent social waters of human relationships and be seen as thoughtful, caring and successful. This way you constantly attract people who will love to interact with you.

One of the most outstanding tools author Kevin Hogan offers you in this self-help guide is the opportunity to plan your moves as a winner. With his map road for success you can drive to your chosen destination in
Scott Donald
While I did find the book an interesting read, I can't help thinking that the author was justifying his sales manipulation strategies and vouching them in the term, persuasion.
The win-win that the author speaks of in his examples are often not. Rather they are win-zero sum or a more obscure win-lose. Where the seller wins a sale while the buyer might purchase something that they don't particularly need.
I think I would have enjoyed the book more had the author confessed to being a manipulator.
Dr.maeen
Dec 02, 2012 marked it as to-read
I think, I want to read this book now
Kulveer
Feb 05, 2008 marked it as to-read
recommended to me by Max Levchin as 'the only book on an MBA course worth reading'.
Ben
Nov 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
The second part can be interesting to read again regularly.
Tuğçe
Feb 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Birçoğumuz hayatlarımızı başkalarını memnun etmek için yaşıyoruz.
Başkalarının mutlu olmasını sağlamak asil bir davranıştır ama başkalarını
memnun etmek için yaşamak değildir. Bu sizin tasarladığınız hayata izin
vermez ve mutlu olamazsınız.✨✨✨✨✨
Ursula Diantika
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
As a business student, this book is helpful. My most favorite quote from this book is
"Everything is created twice, first is created in the mind, second is in reality for the rest of the world."
Jane Ono
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book reminded me a lot of Dale Carnegie's How to make friends and manipulate--er--I mean infludence people. If I were a salesperson, I might have found it helpful.
Ahmet Dal
Mar 27, 2019
Rim Chtioui
Apr 20, 2017
Angela Leigh Morgan
rated it did not like it
Sep 21, 2017
Mohammad Bahareth
Feb 01, 2013

• Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships
  • The Definitive Book of Body Language
  • Emotions Revealed: Recognizing Faces and Feelings to Improve Communication and Emotional Life
  • How to Get Ideas
  • Unleashing the Greatness in You: The Power of Self-Leadership
  • Emotional Intelligence: Resilience
  • Nine Things Successful People Do Differently
  • Success 101: What Every Leader Should Know
Kevin Hogan is the author of 22 books. He is best known for his international best selling book, The Psychology of Persuasion: How to Persuade Others to Your Way of Thinking.

In the past decade he has become the Body Language Expert and Unconscious Influence Expert to ABC, Fox, The BBC, The New York Times, The New York Post and dozens of popular magazines like Forbes,Investors Business

News & Interviews