Start by marking “The Man in the Black Suit” as Want to Read:
The Man in the Black Suit

The Man in the Black Suit

Brazilian Acacia Santos excels at her job as concierge at the prestigious Hotel Victoire in Paris. When her senior colleague is attacked and sent to the hospital, she is tasked with serving one of the hotel’s most mysterious and attractive guests.

Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 437 pages
Published December 19th 2017 by Argyle Press (first published December 17th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about The Man in the Black Suit, please sign up.
Dayang It is scheduled to be released on December 19th. Its available for pre-order on Amazon. I just finished it, I got an arc and I loved it so much. Hope …moreIt is scheduled to be released on December 19th. Its available for pre-order on Amazon. I just finished it, I got an arc and I loved it so much. Hope you'll love it as much as I did.(less)

Start your review of The Man in the Black Suit
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |

OOOHMYYYGAAAWD! I NEEED THIS!

Stand-alone.
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK |
Blurb:
Book Blurb:
Acacia Santos excels at her job as concierge at the prestigious Hotel Victoire in Paris. When her superior, Marcel, is attacked in a supposed random mugging, she is tasked with serving one of the hotel’s most mysterious and attractive guests.
Nicholas Cassirer checks into the hotel under an assumed name every three months. Usually, he stays in the penthouse suite with a beautiful female co
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

His eyes burned through her, opening her, reading her soul.

I have been a die-hard fan of Sylvain Reynard ever since I read his ”Gabriel’s Inferno” series. I think I lost my mind just a wee bit over that series. It had such a strong impact on me that I was completely obsessed with it. What I know from having read several of Sylvain’s books is that he will always take us on exquisite journeys to some of the most exotic and romantic destination
CC
4.5 Stars!

Acacia Santos works as a concierge at a luxury hotel in Paris. Educated at the Sorbonne and able to speak multiple languages fluently, Acacia takes pride in her position yet her past dictates her career choices and the need to remain fairly unnoticed. It isn’t until a high-profile guest at the hotel causes Acacia to act on instinct which leads to unexpected results.

“Our scars don’t define us,” she said simply.”

Nicholas Cassirer is a man of means and is driven by his need to obtai
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
I'm sad to say, in the long run, I wasn't impressed with The Man In The Black Suit.

The blurb says it all. And by that, I mean really—everything interesting about this book lies in the blurb.
The synopsis with its promise of an intrigue set in Paris and revolving around arts piqued my curiosity. I’m equally curious and wary of any book set in my city, and although described accurately, it felt too much like the Paris only tourists want to read about. Personally, I’m over it but I can understand th
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

description

Acacia is a 35-year-old Brazialian woman working as a concierge in Paris. She's been in the city ever since she studied art at the Sorbonne. But she doesn't work in that field - we don't yet know why. And there's also something that happened to her in Amman years ago, something dangerous, that might come calling again.

Now she works at the Hotel Victoire where THE MAN IN THE BLACK SUIT is a very valued guest.

description

His usual concierge is not available, and now Acacia is responsible for him. Which should
Wendy'sThoughts
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sylvain Reynard Fans, Romance
4 More Than Just a Love Story Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
First, I wish all that are interested in this book to Please Read the Blurb...It sets up this tale better than anything I could ever do....and that is no surprise as it is told in exactly the way Sylvain Reynard writes...With every detail giving all the atmosphere and texture to become immersed in the world presented.

This is a stand alone...so we have a distinct beginning middle and HEA. Yay!
It is full of color, locations, amazing art works
Jennifer Kyle
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars
 Leo (Queen of the Rants and Spoilers)
I was bored out of my mind with this.
I didn't really feel their chemistry to be honest.
Bianca
And the award for the Most revealing blurb or all times goes to ... Luckily, I don't pay much attention to a synopsis. But really, what a terrible blurb, as if romance novels weren't repetitive, predictable enough, not to mention that we already know how they end.

Regardless, this was not bad for a contemporary romance. All the art talk made me shortsighted or longsighted to the cliches, although if I get overly analytical, even the art was cliche as it was mostly about Impressionists. But
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!

“You only fail when you give up.”

photo IMG_3915_zps95ymfzrp.jpg

Acacia Santos is a concierge at the Hotel Victoire in Paris. She works hard to fulfill the needs of her guests & provides exceptional service. She is Brazilian, speaks several languages, & is very intelligent and beautiful. She meets a mysterious businessman named Pierre Breckman who is rather difficult & demanding. He’s a regular at the hotel, and a highly valued guest. Things get complicated when Acacia thinks he’s in possession of stolen art. Her
Nicola
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

With just the right amount of intrigue, suspense and romance, The Man in the Black Suit reminded me why I fell in love with SR’s writing way back in 2012—he’s a culture lover’s dream taking us to some of the most beautiful places in the world whilst at the same time creating characters who work their way into your affections as the story progresses.

description We create something together we don’t have apart.”

So much about these characters and their story appealed to me, from Acacia’s fierc
Beatrice Masaluñga
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult
Sylvain Reynard is one of my favorite romance authors of all time and it's an automatic read for me whenever he publishes a new book. His romance novels are intricately written and always deliver a passionate, heartfelt and swoon-worthy romance. The Man in the Black Suit was his latest romantic suspense standalone novel and it's one of my highly anticipated releases last year but I didn't have a chance to read it. Once again, he didn't disappoint me but I have little issues with it.

Acacia Santo
FMABookReviews
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
"Think of me as Robinhood in a suit"

Nicholas is on the hunt for the killer of his sister and the people who stole precious art from his family. He is determined to bring them to justice, HIS justice.

Acacia is hiding a secret and is always looking over her shoulder. She is careful and calculating. While working as a hotel concierge, she comes across a wealthy man who is charming and good looking. He is intriguing and appears to be hiding a secret, too.

What was built on lies, turns into mutual ad
Ramona
I knew this book would be awesome, but my expectations were blown away by reality! Is there a comparison term for awesome? If not, I will create it for “The Man in the Black Suit” by Sylvain Reynard. My immense love and devotion for this author began when reading the “Gabriel Inferno” series and after that I was hooked. Then came “The Florentine” series and my obsession became deeper. When Sylvain announced the release of a new book in December, I thought that time wouldn’t go fast enough for th ...more
Shayna
“How can you love me?”
“How could I not?”

When I think of Sylvain Reynard Romances, I think of mysterious, intriguing, and gorgeous heroes. I think of smart, strong, and witty heroines. I think of vivid imagery that is beyond compare. I think of unique and captivating storylines that will touch your heart and soul. In SR’s latest release, THE MAN IN THE BLACK SUIT, we get ALL THAT and more! This worldly romance with a touch of suspense will keep your mind active and your heart racing. Acacia a
The Man in the Black Suit is a contemporary romantic suspense novel written by Sylvain Reynard. It's full of intrigue, mistrust, interesting identities, culture, violent art thieves, action/suspense, and a lovely romance. Written as a standalone novel (rare for Reynard), there is enough world building to launch a series of companion novels...but sometimes it's nice to have an open and closed reading experience. Well-done Sylvain Reynard!

My favorite quote:
“Do you think if someone does the right t
-S♡
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 6-stars, favorites
★6 Stars! The Man in the Black Suit... Captivating, suspenseful, mysterious, well-written, beautifully detailed, and a beautiful masterpiece about history, social issues, forgiveness, and most of all..love!
We create something together we don’t have apart.
“I don’t want anything from you.”
“Perhaps that’s why I want to give you everything. You are the only one who never wanted anything from me.”

description

For some they found this book boring, but not I.
I love this book. Sylvain Reynard has a way with words,
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know you’ve been well cared for by your favorite author when your first reaction to the announcement of a new book is something like, “What do you mean it’s a stand alone?”

This was my initial dilemma with “The Man in the Black Suit” by Sylvain Reynard. Over the years, I’ve become invested in the literary worlds created by SR. I immerse myself in the settings with wanderlust. I’m challenged to learn more about art, literature, and religion. I fall in love with the most amazing fictional men (
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
3,5 stars

review to come soon!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
description

“He who saves one soul, it is as if he has saved the whole world.”

When The Man in the Black Suit, the new standalone romantic suspense from Sylvain Reynard, hit our Kindles, we knew immediately, it had to be our next read! We’ve always found this author to be a master storyteller, with a passion for art, landscape and words which is beautifully crafted and conveyed through his stories, as he captivates and immerses us into his world.

Sylvain Reynard states he is “interested in how aesthetic e
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received for an honest review

Sylvain Reynard is one of my must read authors. It has been a while since we have had a new book, however it is worth every second of the wait.

We are again swept away in an epic story of love, mystery and intrigue.

This is the story of Nicholas and Acacia. Their world's couldn't be further apart, but at the same time overlap.

I adored Acacia right from the get go. I love that she is strong and sassy and takes not crap from anybody. I love that she also wants nothin
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

B>“He who saves one soul, it is as if he has saved the whole world.”

Sylvain Reynard states he is “interested in how aesthetic ele
littlebookbosomed bookreview
UPDATE

He offers her a choice
She can wait until her supervisor dismisses her
Or she can leave the city of lights behind and become his personal assistant

Personal assistant
I repeat
Personal assistant

This is so good, really good

Expected publication: December 17th 2017

Did I read it right? Or too delusional?

Expected publication: December 17th 2017

ITS ON MY BDAY!

description

I cannot wait to read this book by Sylvain Reynard!

Mood : Cloud nine ;)

Janja
Dec 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

I know that I'm going to be in a minority with this review, but personally I'm disappointed with the story.
The story is supossed to be a romantic suspense;but it seemed to me like a criminal story with some sex scenes. So, I did not find chemistry between Nicholas and Acacio, the story turned from stolen painted masterpieces in one chapter, to the the holy war in the next one,(that actually happens in reality and this was the last nail in the coffin).
When I am reading the story IN this genre,
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

Mr Reynard is a consummate storyteller and this is another wonderful novel from his pen. I cannot admit to how many times I have read the Gabriel trilogy, but I can say that this will also be added to my 'Must re-read' list.

I read it from cover to cover without pause - well I think maybe a comfort break, but it was in the room with me! I was totally captivated by both Acacia and Nicholas, and as the layers upon layers we
Wit & Wonder Books
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

Sylvain Reynard latest novel is a foray into romantic suspense titled, The Man in the Black Suit and it is an adventure you do not want to miss.

Nicolas Cassirer has a routine of checking to the Hotel Victoire every three months under an assumed name and with eye candy on his arm. Coincidence or perhaps fate, has him checking in alone and he is left to deal with a new concierge. Acacia Santos matches Nicolas in wit and earns his respect quickly
~ℑ
May 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, the truth is: I was bored out of my mind with this book! I even considered abandoning it and move on to another book..

I'm like highly disappointed, after waiting for this book for over a year, I'm rewarded with this? What the hell did I just read? The book was a mess tbh, it felt like the author gathered every information and history class he's ever learned and splashed them all over this book which is not artistic nor fascinating at all, my mind tried to keep up with all the so confusing
Susie Steinle
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful, emotional and geographical journey Sylvain Reynard took me on with this incredible, well written story. From Paris to Geneva, Santorini and the Middle East, the Man in the Black Suit is full of mystery, suspense, intrigue, romance, beauty, art and love. I was totally captivated by this story, from the beginning to the end.

You will fall in love with the two main characters. Acacia Santos is a strong, independent, courageous and beautiful young woman who endured pain and trauma
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
description

“He who saves one soul, it is as if he has saved the whole world.”

Sylvain Reynard states he is “interested in how aesthetic e
*The Angry Reader*
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, 2017
*** I received an ARC in order to provide an honest review ***

”’Keep your eyes on my accounts. I’m sure you won’t find them repulsive.’”

A super wealthy mysterious guest checks into the hotel where Acacia is a concierge. He’s prickly. There’s banter. I’m happy happy. Then the story falls apart.

There’s a situation with some stolen art. An awful boss. A trashed apartment. Fleeing the country. Acacia picks the oddest things to obsess about - getting a job on her own, not accepting money, getting ba
SRFansPortugal: #TMitBS 4 32 Apr 17, 2017 11:52AM

• The British Knight (The Royals Collection, #4)
  • Perfect Chaos
  • Sex, Not Love
  • With This Man (This Man, #4)
  • Hidden Seams (Unzipped #2)
  • The Controversial Princess (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology #1)
  • Gentleman Sinner
  • The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)
  • Villain (Hero, #1.5)
  • His True Queen (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology, #2)
  • Artful Lies
  • Sinful Empire (Mount Trilogy, #3)
  • Gentleman Nine
  • Boss
  • Inappropriate
  • Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1)
  • Seek
  • Leave Me Breathless
"Gabriel's Promise" has been released and is now available across platforms: https://amzn.to/2Y6ah10

My New York Times Best Selling Gabriel Series has been acquired by Passionflix. "Gabriel's Inferno" has finished filming and Part 1 was released May 29th only on Passionflix. You can meet the cast, read the most recent update, and learn how to sign up for Passionflix here: http://sylvainreynard.com/