Start by marking “Dating in the Dark” as Want to Read:
Dating in the Dark

Dating in the Dark

(Dating #1)

Who says turning 30 has to be a bad thing?

Tinley Scott is in a rut. Or so her best friend and sister tell her. She can't fall in love sitting on her couch watching Friends and drinking a bottle of wine. Their answer?

Speed dating in the dark.

Dating in today's world is hard enough as it is. Why go adding a new challenge to the mix? By date number three, she's ready to throw
ebook
Published March 19th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Dating in the Dark, please sign up.
Alexandria Sorry, I didn't get a notification that this question was here. Yes, the Dating Trilogy is told in 3 parts with Dating in the Dark (out now), Sinking…moreSorry, I didn't get a notification that this question was here. Yes, the Dating Trilogy is told in 3 parts with Dating in the Dark (out now), Sinking in the Shadows (releases May 14th), and Loving in the Light (releases July 16th). (less)

Richelle Robinson
I was really looking forward to reading this trilogy but sadly it didn’t work out in my favor. I had a very hard time feeling the characters connection. I didn’t like Tinley’s character. At times I felt her to be immature and needy. Marek didn’t do anything for me either. The story is also written in third person point of view and I felt like I was being told about their relationship and I couldn’t see it unfold or feel it for myself while I was reading and it was hard for me to connect to the s ...more
Crystal
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: march-arcs
So, let me begin by saying I really don't like third person POV. I have such a hard time connecting to characters that way but I wanted to give this one a chance. I pushed through but honestly, this one just isn't for me.

I had an issue with the connection between the characters, I didn't get invested with any of them at all. I am sure others will enjoy this and I may be in the minority, but I wasn't into this one. On top of it being third person, it ended in a cliffhanger.

The Pacing was ok and
Alicia Freeman
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tinley is trying out this dating in the dark thing. OK sounds interesting, but she isn't into it until number 3, he has her full attention. She can't figure out why she's being pulled to this man, but keeps everything going with him and then comes face to face meeting. Alexandria Bishop will have you laughing hysterically and feeling the love within yourself. Absolutely great read, now I'm off to the second book.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a revi
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

When I was approached to read this trilogy, I knew nothing about the series or author. After reading this and the following book, I have to give it props for having a somewhat unique premise but it also had some major flaws.

First and f
Miss Piggy
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant storyline but struggled with how it's written

I received a free copy of this book however all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
To fore warn this does end on a cliff hanger (and boy, is it a doozy!). I really struggled with how this book is written, not sure if it's because I've got used to reading PoV but a couple of times I nearly gave up but it's testament to how good the storyline is that I persevered and can't wait to rad the next book as it ended on a real bombshell!
Amy
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m a big fan of AB’s work. Always have been. I was so excited for this new series, unlike what she’s written before. It definitely didn’t disappoint. I didn’t read the blurb at all, but I loved the idea and concept of this story! I absolutely can’t wait until book 2 comes out, I have to know what happens next!
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
The premise was interesting, and I see some promise here, but I just didn't really feel that connection between the characters. But I'll be checking out the next book because there's a huge cliffhanger ending! So prepare yourself now.

See my full review on my blog, Novel Addiction.
Steph
*Review for The Romance Reviews Coming Soon!*
Konny
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dating in the Dark by Alexandria Bishop is the first book in the Dating Trilogy.
Tinley is a young woman, insecure, a bit annoying, a call center employee, bored of her stressful job and rival co-worker, Marek.
When she get set up on a blind date, literally, what could happen? Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. But it doesnt happen to Tinley.
I liked the story, but I couldnt for the life of me connect with the heroine. And I tried, Im not a quitter and I really tried. But Tinley stubborn refused.
I wasn't sure what to think about this story to begin with. The blurb kinda jumped out at me, since it sounded unlike anything else I've read recently. It started out a little slow, introducing the main characters, their lives, relationships, etc.

Tinley is an average woman. She's almost 30, working at a job that she hates, living with her roommate, waiting for her life to start. Then her sister sets her up on a speed dating thing, and things get a little crazy!

This book goes from zero to POW!
LMR
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Readers 18+ Only Please
Recommended to LMR by: Alexandria Bishop, & Booksprout
Dating in the Dark (Dating Trilogy Book 1) by Alexandria Bishop Dating in the Dark (Dating Trilogy Book 1)
By: Alexandria Bishop
Well, She's Dated With Lights On, & It Doesn't Work... Maybe It's Time To Try "Dating in the Dark!"
Well, if Dating with the Lights On isn't Working...
Why not try "Dating in the Dark;" it's surely going to offer up some unique challenges...
The guilt trips forced her into it, but the Magical 4th date of the Night gave her some Hope...
Maybe, there's something to be said for "Dating in the Dark!"
She'll leave the Ball in his court
T.H. Hernandez
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
3-1/2 stars. This was such a great concept and a fun twist on the whole “text dating” trope. When travel tour call center operator, Tinley, is coerced into attending a speed-dating event by her roommate and sister, she decides to at least see where it goes. The setup is simple, speed dating in the dark. Four courses and four “dates”. But as each of the men is worse than the last, she’s sure she can’t get out of there fast enough. Until mystery date number four arrives just in time for dessert. H ...more
Lisa Marie ~ Words We Love By

I read Dating in the Dark and Sinking into the Shadows back to back to prepared for book 3 which is coming out later this month. I have mixed feelings about these books with some parts hitting the right notes and some completely off.

Tinley, an insecure yet hopeful call center employee, gets signed up for a "dating in the dark" speed dating event by her sister and best friend. Since it's paid for and she is looking for love, Tinley gives it a try. Three absolutely horrid dates later number four i
Natasha
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3* read.
This is the first part of a trilogy and so be warned it does end on a cliffhanger.
My real issue with the book and the reason for the 3 star rating was I didn't connect to the characters. Maybe that was because it was wrote in third person so it added a big distance between myself and the characters, or maybe because this is only part one, I just don't know but I needed the connection to the characters. I enjoyed the story and the idea of the book and I do think I'd like to see where else
ANB kc
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A girl’s meddling sister and best friend sign her up for “blind dating” as in—she literally can’t see what’s happening in front of her. What could possibly go right?
Well, this book for one thing.
Never having read Alexandria Bishop before I wasn’t sure what to expect. The premise made me think it would be a straight romcom because the first thing I thought about when I saw blind date in the dark was “who can eat like that?” Tinley is the epitome of what a lot of us go through. She’s in a rut, stu
April
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
I loved the overall premise of this story as well as Tinley, Marek, and all the rest. This book invited me to smile, giggle, and laugh out loud on numerous occasions which I completely appreciate in a fun romantic comedy which is exactly what Alexandria Bishop aims for and accomplishes in Dating in the Dark. I have personally worked in a call center of sorts and it truly is amazing what people will say on the phone to a stranger. The author is able to highlight this and make the reader giggle ab ...more
Sheila'S Book Corner
I really enjoyed this story. It had a fun and unique premise that involves “blind” speed-dating.
Tinley is hearing her biological clock ticking down as she approaches thirty. She has just about given up on finding a good and honest man. Her sister and her best friend rope her into attending a dating in the dark event that causes big shake-ups in her life.

“Are you trying to make me fall in love with you?”
“Is it working?”
“Possibly. The jury is still out on that one.”
He leans over and pulls her
Alura
Mar 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart rate is STILL elevated after reading this book. I was completely hooked from the get go by Tinley’s comical quips and inner dialogue. And then comes Mystery Date....swoon worthy with just enough sass to make you giddy. The build up between these two was so much fun, between the banter and the steamy scenes, I loved it. I’ll admit, it took a little getting used to reading in third person, but after a couple chapters it didn’t even register anymore. I was just lost to the story. That clif ...more
Megan | A Page to Turn
Oh. My. Gosh. This book y'all. HOLY CRAPOLA!

This was my first read by A.B. and I am stunned at how much I loved it! Even with it being a contemporary romance written in third person! I've always been a fan of romance being in first person POV... but for some reason, this book worked in third. I can't really put my finger on why, but I really enjoyed getting to know Tinsley and Marek!

I loved how the whole dating in the dark situation spurred a romance between unlikely characters. It was a diffe
Wine and Late Night Mommy Reads
Dating in the dark

I saw this book on a Facebook AD, and fell in love with the teaser so I ran over to Amazon to get it saw it was a series and downloaded the first two books and once I got home from work started to read the first book absolutely fell in love with the characters ad the crazy banter they had going in and even though it was WAY past my bedtime started on book two because cliffhanger and I needed to know lol.
So then way did I rate it a 4 star and not a 5 star since I was up until 4
Teri
May 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of a 3.5 star read for me but I bumped it up to 4 because I really loved the premise of this book. It was exciting and had a great cliffy! I plan to finish the series I have to see where it goes. The thing that held me back on this one was personal really..I hate third person. Ok maybe not hate but I really don't like it that much. I just don't feel I connect with the characters as much sometimes at all and I have to FEEL things when reading in order for me to love a book. I've always hated ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
Wow! What a book! The “blind” dating theme is really original and when it happens, rather amusing interactions ensue. And once she meets “the one” things really start heating up. Date number four is Mr. Mysterious, and Tinley is an open book, for the most part. I really like her roommate, too. Then, things really start picking up. OMG, do they start picking up. But I have questions. Will Kinley finally realize what she is meant to do? What is her secretive roommate up to? And after all the thing ...more
Sharon Betts
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 Stars
This is the first part of a trilogy, which finishes on a bit of a cliff hanger. Tinley is speed dating in the dark (I get the not being able to see your companion, but how do you get served, eat, drink and move tables if it's all in the dark?)
I felt the story was a little slow to get going, but had me hooked once it did. Then at times some of the scenes felt rushed. The story line is certainly good, and there's a lot of secrets being kept.
It's a quick, mostly light read, with some fun
Jennifer Dale
I didn't actually read this book but had to mark "read" in order to write a note/review for myself.
Note to self: Reviews stated this book is written in 3rd Person. No No No for me. Can't stand that and its hard to connect with characters. The synopsis does sound good but not going there. Better for the Author that way too - Won't rate the book.

*This is my first book to do the "Note to self". To many times I will come across the same book but didn't mark why I never read it. Started to read and a
Clare
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patti Correa
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. It is a cliffy, but that doesn’t really matter to me. This book was funny with a bit of mystery in it, mystery as in the speed dating in the DARK. Who does that? Tinley does, and she actually gets a keeper!

The whole dating in the dark thing, threw me a little, why would you want to meet someone that you cannot see and actually go on a date with him. But, this works, somehow, it works.

I’m not one for giving away spoilers, but this book ends with a HUGE secret!!! I love that th
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A fantastic paranormal delight by Alexandria Bishop with a unbelievably appealing hero and a plot you just can't help but to get into! I loved Dating In The Dark! The characters and story are rich and interesting while there seemed to be a air of mystery about it that I found to be intriguing. The romance sizzles and the sex...WOWZA! I am very happy with how this first book turned out and I am already waiting anxiously for book 2!

Alexandria Bishop writes with p
The Pink Bookshelf
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews, 2018
After reading the blurb, I just knew that I had to read Dating In The Dark. It sounded so different from anything that I've read. I'm so glad that I gave the book a chance, it was awesome!

I found Tinely to be a character that a lot of readers can connect to. We have all felt the way that she does.

It was a cute story and flowed nicely. It has an array of emotions throughout the story. I'll admit, I giggled a lot. I think the best thing about the story is that I was pleasantly surprised with the
FunUndertheCovers
I truly enjoyed the first installment of this trilogy from Alexandria Bishop. I felt like I could truly relate to Tinley, a young woman who is searching for direction, acceptance, love and is treated to an extremely unusual experience by her sister, Tara and her best friend, Dakota - "Speed Dating in the Dark". What happens when your final date of the evening, the sweetest, may turn out to be so much more and someone you would never expect?! I can hardly wait for the next book and to see where t ...more
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
“She contemplates that for a minute. Mystery guy number four was amazing. She’s pretty sure she could easily fall in love with a guy like him and they’d make gorgeous babies and live happily ever after.”

I was pulled right into this cute story. I loved the characters and loved all the little hints of what is to come without giving too much away. The author drops teasers throughout the story like breadcrumbs that I couldn’t help but follow around and now I just can’t wait for more! Hurry up with
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hot Mess (Stories of Serendipity, #4)
  • Lost in La La Land
  • Fight For My Heart
  • The Search (The Descendant Vampire, #2)
  • Providence in the Fall
  • Keeping London (Flawed Heart, #2)
  • Scarred
  • Love, Carry My Bags
  • My Skater Boy (X-Treme Boys Series, #2)
  • Break Me (The Summer Series, #1)
  • House of Cards (Mirrored, #2)
  • Double Negative
  • You Can't Catch Me
  • Confused (Getting Inside of V, #2)
  • Blood Rose (The Blood Saga #1)
  • Driving Layne (Unspoken Truth, #1)
  • Mary Hades: Beginnings (Mary Hades, #0.5-2)
  • A Ghostly Mortality (Ghostly Southern Mysteries #6)
Born on a small southeastern island in Alaska and raised in southern Oregon, Alexandria Bishop is a PNW girl at heart. By day, she goes to battle with a tiny dictator aka her toddler and by night, she can be found typing ALL the words of her contemporary romance novels accompanied by a glass of wine or two ;)

When she’s not in mommy or author mode, she can be found drinking copious amounts of cold

Dating (6 books)
  • Sinking in the Shadows
  • Kiss Me
  • Loving in the Light
  • Marry Me
  • Virtually in Love
“Shoot me now. Please just take me into the back room, whack me over the head, and be done with it. I’m ready to meet my maker and own up to the shit I’ve done in this life for the kind of karma being thrown my way. I would much rather be dead than deal with another phone call like that.” 0 likes
“Me: Hypothetical question.

Mystery Date: Okay, shoot.

Me: If someone were to carry five very heavy bags of groceries from their car to their apartment. Then proceed to spend hours baking cupcakes. Does that and clicking the button to let Netflix know they haven’t gotten their life together and are still watching while eating said cupcakes, count as exercise?

Me: Asking for a friend, of course. ;)”
0 likes