Start by marking “Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Storm (Heritage of Power, #1)

Dragon Storm

(Heritage of Power #1)

Born with a secret power he must hide…

Telryn “Trip” Yert has always been a little odd, with hunches that are too accurate to explain. Magic is feared and forbidden in Iskandia, so he’s struggled his whole life to hide his eccentricities. As a boy, he was forced to watch his mother’s execution. Her crime? Witchcraft.

Understandably, Trip wants nothing to do with the powe
Published December 26th 2017

Derpa
Jun 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody, ever
DNF at 35%.

Man, this book is not good. Very, very not good.

The author has an astonishing amount of works there, so when it comes to work ethic, I have to salute her, but it honestly feels like she has huge issues when it comes to some other things. Some authors develop in their skill levels very fast, you can see the huge jumps in quality. Here I'm just disappointed. After so many thousands of pages and so many great ratings the whole thing feels very amateur and very... juvenile, honestly.
Karen
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book reminded me of why I fell in love with indie authors. This is quality writing, a fast and fun fantasy and it was $1 (free if you have KU)!! I know I’ll pay me for the rest but that’s okay because I’m hooked. I loved the world, where swords talk and dragons power depends on their color, I enjoyed the cast of characters, and the story was fun.
Férial
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending dragged a bit but Lindsay Buroker, you witch, you did it again ! I did enjoy this one too.
Lynn
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review of the series:

I read this series before finishing the prequel series. While you do get some spoilers about what's to come in the other series you otherwise don't need to read the other one to enjoy this one. It incorporates Lindsay's trademarks- her silly, light humor, her quirky unconventional characters and lots of action.

None of this author's books contain a lot of worldbuilding. That works for me because I can fill in a good bit on my own. Plus, too much detail will drag down the pace
Barbara
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First in a new series, Heritage of Power, which is a wonderful fantasy adventure, with sorcerers, magical soulblades and pilots fighting against marauding dragons. Trip is a pilot with magical skills that he’s just learning about and trying to keep a secret, since magic and “witches” are feared and reviled in Iskandia. Rysha is a young noble born lieutenant chosen to accompany several pilots, including Trip, as well as other officers on a mission to close a portal that is allowing dragons to ent ...more
Jane
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
PS! This review is for the first five books in the Heritage of Power series/the entire series (depending on whether Buroker decides to grace her readers with more stories about these characters).

I read the entire series back to back, and honestly, I don't think I could easily differentiate between these five books just because the plot flowed easily and honestly it just felt like one story to me. Sure, there were different plots to each of them, but the romance between Trip and one bespectacled
Mark Boyd
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I've read from this author. I enjoyed the story line and the characters were entertaining. As a dragon oriented fantasy author myself, I did have a different viewpoint on dragons but that is the beauty of fantasy. Lindsay did a good job fleshing out her characters and their specific roles in the story.
I rated the book 4 stars, instead of 5, primarily due to the ending. I was disappointed in how quickly the author closed the story. I do understand it is the first book in
Lee
Jan 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dragon storm

Love the new characters and glad the older characters are still in it. Very good start. I will be reading revelations next
Terresa Mitchell
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Loved the story, characters, adventure, magic, dragons and slaying powerful swords. Some great banter and a small amount of romantic interest. Brilliant !
Teresa Carrigan
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fantasy. The dialog is often hilarious. Second book is due out in a couple of days so this one was on sale. Recommended.
Bill Tillman
Dragon Storm is an enjoyable romp following the Dragonblood series. Lots of new characters including new hero and heroine. A book hard to put down, and I'm off to start Book 2!.
Liz Wood
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Swords...soulblades and magic

I'm curious if the sorceress' soulblade will bond with someone we know?

Romance blooms amidst dragon fights and dying pirates.
Lee
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
Enjoyed this book way more than I thought I would. I imagine the world something like that in World of Warcraft. It's funny, it's quirky, it's risque, it's thoroughly entertaining.
Alison
A fantastic start to a new series following on from the totally awesome Dragon Blood series - even better it was free on Kindle.

This first book in a new series focuses on a small team of relatively junior officers who have been brought together by General Ridgewalker Zirkander for a mission to find swords and other magical artifacts capable of slaying the dragons which have somehow opened a portal back into the world and to ultimately destroy that portal.

Telryn 'Trip' Yert and his friend Lu "Le
Dave Neuendorf
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
The author has created a couple of appealing characters, and some not-so-appealing ones. Magical power comes from a person having dragon blood, some ancestor having mated with a dragon shape-shifted into human form. Prejudice against such people, known as sorcerers, makes for an interesting relationship between the two main characters: one magical, one mundane. The romance will obviously go forward, but the obstacles facing the two are obvious.

There is too much crude sexual innuendo to recommend
Lorre
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Storm starts a few years later than Oaths, the last book in the Dragon Blood series and it's a fantastic start to the sequel series.
I love the new charachters and love that some of the old charachters of the Dragon Blood series are in it too. It's written in the same fluent, engaging style and it's a great start of the series!
David Leland
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Fantasy!

Hard to put down. I found myself reading from 2AM to 6. I would recommend this book for teenagers and older. If you like stories of dragons, sorcerers and intelligent swords, this is for you.
Kian
Apr 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
More please, Lindsay does it again.
Jordan
Apr 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I started with the amazon sample of this book and I wasn't impressed. Wasn't anything I didn't like I just didn't feel much of a connection to the book. However something convinced me to buy it anyway, so very glad I listened to the voice in my head for a change.

Honestly how I managed to miss this author I will never know. What a great book, I'm actually already on book 3 but fallen behind on updating my reviews.

There feels like there are a lot of inside jokes and characters from the wri
Jailyn
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: April Blosfield
Shelves: fantasy, 2018
The first in a new series set in the Dragon Blood world. I was drawn to the characters from the start, and wonder about the very mysterious Trip. Rysha is also a fully-fleshed out character and their relationship is adorable from the start. But not everything can go well in their developing romance, of course.

As always, Lindsay develops her characters well and the story is interesting enough to have me jumping on the next book immediately. I can't wait to read what happens next.

Amaranthe and Sic
Kevin Potter
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The narrator was very good. Her male voices could use some work, but I have no other complaints.

Now, the story...
I'll be honest, after all the raving I hear about Lindsay Buroker, I was expecting more.

Okay, the story wasn't bad. She built some good conflict and the characters are well developed. The writing itself was good if not great.

I think in the end my issue with it is the setting. Now, to be fair, she has built an interesting world. The soul blades are pretty cool and the history of the Dr
Gary Pereira
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another Buroker winner

Not a series to start without having read the previous series. But if you enjoyed those then this is a must. Lousy end though... almost as if they just couldn't decide where to put the break between book 1 and book 2.
Michael
Mar 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read

A good secondary starting point to an established world. I love some of the new characters and am so glad to see jaxi return.
Tamara
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like Lindsay Buroker's humor and character development. However, this series and the Dragon Blood one are kind of lukewarm, I'm not sure what is missing... I love Emperor's Edge and Fallen Empire series and will definitely continue with this one - hopefully I will find what's missing in the following books :)
Gene Rosso
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As usual Lindsay Buroker has a series I don't think I can stop reading. Glad I started late so I don't have to wait for her to release the next book.
casey
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining

Extremely well written series with characters that are well developed. It pulls you in. Once I start reading it is hard to pull away.
Mary
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I realized I missed the Dragon Blood books a lot when I started reading this new series. I got reacquainted with my favorite soul blade Jaxi, Sardelle, Ridge, Captain Kaika, Cas and Duck. There were mentions of Tolemek and his sister Tylie who went on a mission and were deemed missing.

There are fresh characters, our protagonist Trip, Rysha, Leftie, Major Blazer and the mysterious Cofah Dreyak. If you are just coming in to read this book for the first time, it's okay - you will not be lost. Altho
Eric G Knutson
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fast and furious, tgis is the jind of book that you fund difficult to pyt down

I enjoyed this read very much. Things happen very fast, and you can't stop thinking what comes next. There are several heroes, and they are all necessary to make this story so goon. If you like action, adventure and characters that cause your heart to beat with excitement, this book is definitely for YOU.
Diane
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A great continuation/restart, with old characters and new.

Fighter-pilot-with-a-secret Trip and scholar/military-rookie Rysha are appealing new leads, while soulblade Jaxi and hedonistic demolitions expert Kaika, with their inimitable personalities, are among those along for the mission, to provide humor (and firepower). I'm surprised Sardelle and Ridge (who appear in the first part of the book), and even the king, haven't made more of a push yet with nationwide PR to end the virulently anti-mag
Tina
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good

I very much enjoyed this book. This is the first book I’ve read by this author, and very glad I found her. Recommend
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Dragon Bonds (Return of the Darkening, #3)
  • The Mage of Trelian
  • The Storm Dragon's Heart (Storm Phase #1)
  • A Stolen Crown (The Book of One, #2)
  • The Black Stars (The Planet Thieves, #2)
  • Sword of Ruyn (Legends of Gilia #1)
  • Ride On
  • The Apprentice (A Knight's Journey, #1)
  • If A Dragon Cries (The Legend of Hooper's Dragons Book 1)
  • Prayers in Steel (The Skin Walker War, #1)
  • The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)
  • The Curse of the Thrax (Bloodsword Trilogy, Book 1)
  • Reader and Educator Guide to "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings"
  • Thaddeus Whiskers and the Dragon
  • The Forests of Dru (Sorcerous Moons, #4)
  • Slight and Shadow (Fate's Forsaken #2)
  • The Sorcerer’s Quest (The Sorcerer’s Saga, #1)
  • Contractor (The Contractors, #1)
I'm a professional blogger by day and an indie fantasy author by night. Evenings belong to the dogs, tennis, and books.

Heritage of Power (5 books)
  • Revelations (Heritage of Power, #2)
  • Origins (Heritage of Power, #3)
  • Unraveled (Heritage of Power, #4)
  • Gold Dragon (Heritage of Power, #5)
“A flower? Jaxi, can’t you give me something more manly to imagine than that? Fine, imagine yourself lifting your arm for Rysha again, and your smelly armpit odor oozing out onto the wind. Uh, what kind of flower?” 0 likes
“Please, if not for me, you’d have more holes in you than bubble cheese. You can’t give me a couple of minutes of self-absorbed delusion before smothering me with reality?” 0 likes