Start by marking “One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)” as Want to Read:
One Perfect Kiss (Hope, #8)

One Perfect Kiss

(Hope #8)

The New York Times bestselling author of Love Me Again returns to the town of Hope, Oklahoma where school is in session and love rules the playbook.

Josie Barnes has always craved a sense of home. She's found that in Hope, Oklahoma--she bought a house, has a new job as an English teacher at Hope High, she's made wonderful friends, and she's taking in stray animals that no o
Published September 4th 2018 by Berkley

To ask other readers questions about One Perfect Kiss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Perfect Kiss

Alex ♈
Love story - solid 4 stars
100 000 stars for the animals!!! 😍😍😍
Wilson, Tumbles, Arthur - cutest pets ever!!!

Very likable heroine. Smart, strong, sassy, not a shy wallflower. Her love for animals made her even more beautiful in my eyes.

Not a typical CR heroine - she didn't drool, didn't wet her panties on a regular basis, she had brain [!!!], could still build coherent sentences while being aroused and even during and after good sex!!! Sensational! 😉

I didn't quite like the plot with her mother, b
Jonetta
High school teacher Josie Barnes and the school’s football coach Zach Powers have known each other for a while now since they socialize with the same group of friends. They’ve subtly flirted at parties but haven’t gone beyond those interactions. When Josie hands out failing grades to some of his players, Zach initiates their first real one-on-one meeting. Josie’s sensitive to her students and other teachers seeing them fraternize but they really enjoy each other too much to stay apart.

One of th
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Pretty good. Solid story. 3.5 Stars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’m a bit conflicted with this story. I’ve read one other book in the series before this one so I was a bit familiar with a few of the characters. But it had been a while so I don’t know that I remember Josie and Zach.

So why am I conflicted? A lot of it came from Josie. She seemed locked in the past and uncertain about life in a few scenes and some of the conversation didn’t flow for me. But then in the next chapter she was funny, warm, yet d
Beth
I enjoyed One Perfect Kiss. The easy, beach kind of romance read. Not over complex, easily followed and an intriguing group of characters that seem to have an affinity for loving animals. You can't go wrong with an animal loving cast.

That being said, I had a hard time justifying Josie's choices and personality vacillations between mature and educated to irrational. She was burned, had a hard time trusting but the conflicts were internal and self induced which didn't not endear me towards her.

I
Auntee
A little ho-hum for me. Two high school teachers with a little baggage each go from friends to lovers. A perfectly OK read, but I just didn't feel the passion in this one.
Probably my least favorite one from a pretty solid series.
3 stars
Stacee
Aug 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
I had never read this author’s books, but I liked the synopsis, so figured I would give it a try. Sadly, it wasn’t what I expected.

Josie and Zach are decent enough characters. They’re both driven, loyal, good people. They’re just insanely boring. I didn’t see any chemistry between them at all and that made some of the cringeworthy scenes even worse. As for secondary characters, I’m assuming everyone else is from the previous books. They’re all either pregnant or just had a baby and it was near
Elle's Book Blog
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Release Date: September 4, 2018
Genre: Small Town Romance
Actual Rating: 4 stars

I absolutely adore this series! Jaci Burton has a way with these books and she always puts a smile on my face. In One Perfect Kiss, two teachers find love although, it isn't sunshine and rainbows in the beginning. True love, as shown in this book, takes time, effort, and sometimes a lot more energy than one would want!

I loved this book. I finished it in one sitting because I couldn't get enough of Zach and Josie
Dianne
Her past left her craving a sense of home and belonging. Josie Barnes found that Hope, Oklahoma could be that “home” she never had. She has found new friends who are genuine and is trying to leave her painful past behind. She even has “eyes” for the high school football coach, Zach Powers.

Zach has always noticed Josie since she joined his circle of friends. He’s also noticed she carries emotional scars, but he is determined to be the man who makes her forget all others. Jaci Burton’s ONE PERFECT
Els
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Nice story and you can perfectly read it as a stand alone
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Jaci Burton returns with another sweet installment in the Hope series. I have to say that this is one of my favorite series by this author, mainly because I think it stays consistent throughout the books. If you haven’t read Burton before, she has a sexy side as well as a sweet one and I think this Hope series lands a little bit more on the sweet side.

However, that is not to say that there isn’t any sexiness in this book. Because the hero of this book, Zach, is all kinds of sexiness. He’s a fo
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

It has been a while since I have read a Jaci Burton story, and I have not read any of the previous Hope book, however this did not affect my enjoyment of One Perfect Kiss.

Zack and Josie's story is sweet and cute and adorable and just the light read that I needed this past weekend after reading a few emotionally draining stories in a row.

I loved the support characters (even though I hadn't read any of their stories), they are all well rounded and add
*The Angry Reader*
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018, arcs
***ARC received for an honest review***

I’d not read Jaci Burton before, and I was looking for something light and sweet to break up my intense reads. In this instance, however, light and sweet equated to shallow and trite.

Josie and Zach are teachers with a crush on one another. Over the space of the book they take their mutual attraction to the next level. There’s a lot of characters in this book - I suspect that most of them come from the series. Maybe I would have enjoyed this more if I knew
Rejane
Jun 17, 2018 marked it as not-interested
Based on the blurb. Again a woman who was burned and not willing to trust a man again. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
How many times is this going to be written in the same series? Boring
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)

"Josie knew better than to trust in fairy tales, because she knew better than most that there was no such thing as a happily-ever-after."

Though this is the 8th book in the Hope series, I read it as a standalone. I really enjoyed the support characters whom I'm assuming the other stories are focused on, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of this story not to have read them yet.

This is only my second book by this author, my first being in her Play by Play series. I must say, there wa
Gail Mitchell
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Out of all the books in this series this book was my least favorite. It was kinda "blah" , there was no chemistry between the main characters and there wasn't any dept to the story line.
Danielle Urban
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
One Perfect Kiss by Jaci Burton is a romantic contemporary romance read. It was simple, fast-paced, and heartfelt. I loved the funny yet fun banters between football coach and English teacher. Both feel an undeniable attraction towards each other. Good looks, intelligence, and a passion for helping others in need made this a sweet story.

Josie is experiencing family issues from her past and present. Her mother is struggling to keep a job and to stay drug free. Her mother is always calling her for
Amy
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
One Perfect Kiss is a fast paced addicting romance.

One Perfect Kiss follows the story of Josie and Zach. The only thing Josie has ever wanted was a feeling of home and she thinks she may have found the perfect place in Hope, Oklahoma. She’s finally living the life she’s always dreamed. She’s got the perfect job, great friends and even a potential love interest. But, if there’s one thing that Josie has learned, it’s that if it seems too good to be true, it almost always is….Zach is a former footb
Allyson ☘️
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*2018 50 States Reading Challenge-Oklahoma*

*ARC NETGALLEY*

3.5 Stars

I love Jaci Burton. It’s been a while since I’ve picked up one of her books but I still adore her. I did feel the writing was a little stiff at times but I still loved the story. I’m going to miss the gang in Hope.
Julie
Sep 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Moving to Hope is a way for Josie to be near her mother. Don’t be mistaken in the fact that this is tedious for Josie. With a mother who struggles to stay clean, Josie is always at the beck and call of her mother’s whims. More often than not, Josie’s mother will ask for money. A way to fuel her addiction. Determined not to let it get her down, Josie finds a way to hold her head high in the face of her troubled family drama.

As the high school football coach, Zach moved to Hope after an injury cr
Blodeuedd Finland
Two teachers gets the hots for each other. That sums it up. Though they have been friends for a while since they are in the came circle of friends, and they have flirted. But they have never taken that next step since they teach at the same school.

Also Josie is an English teacher and some of the football players are failing. And Zach is the football coach and he wants his team to go state. Though it does not really cause drama cos they are both so understanding.

Josie has some issues from her pas
Michelle
Dec 01, 2018 marked it as books-i-will-probably-never-finish
You want to know how indifferent I was to this book? I put it aside to read a new release I’d been really looking forward to and actually forgot that I never finished this. I just left this book at about 65% read and totally forgot about it. Once upon a time, I loved Jaci Burton’s books but this one was so trite and, quite frankly, boring, that I didn’t even remember that I left it unfinished. And now it’s been more than a month since I started it and I have absolutely no desire to finish it, es ...more
Renee Entress
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 star

The story has laughs, secrets, twists & turns, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
Hope Smolders (Hope, #0.5)
Hope Flames (Hope #1)
Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
Hope Burns (Hope #3)
Love After All (Hope, #4)
Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
Love Me Again (Hope #7)

This is Josie and Zach’s story. Josie and Zach have been around each other with there friends for a while and you can feel the chemistry, but she is holding back. H
1-Click Addict Support Group
Always happy to be back in Hope…

This romance series is set in Hope, Oklahoma, providing sweet small town love stories with heart and charm. I think of this series as ‘tri-low’ – low drama, low angst, low friction. That is all good but every story needs a spark, fuel to keep the story moving forward. Thankfully, there was plenty to choose from as Josie and Zach brought their baggage to the party….

Josie had trust issues as she still dealt with family ‘stuff’ while re-establishing herself in Hope.
Heather andrews
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Zack could be a skeptical one at times, “he really is very sweet and cuddly,” she said. “Once he gets to know you.” Zach took a sip of his beer but kept his eye on the dining room table with its glowing eyes. “You don’t like cats?” Josie knows how to hit her man where it hurts:
“Pizza or ***, Zach.”
He straightened, then frowned at her in the mirror. “That’s not fair. You can’t make me choose between the two.”
Zach is a smart man, he doesn't need to be asked twice on certain things, “I’m sweaty,
Kathy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this story of two high school teachers, both new to the small town, finding each other. I appreciated the way Zach was portrayed, a former pro football player with a career-ending knee injury, who found fulfillment in teaching and coaching high school football. Josie was also a great character, on her own but dealing with a drug addict mother. She was strong in denying hand-outs to her mother but helped get her into rehab when she was ready. Zach and Josie's romance was a slow burn, taki ...more
Sophia
As a fan of small town romance, I've enjoyed the string of stories set in Hope, Oklahoma with their gentle plots and tender, but slightly spicy romances. A bit of conflict between two teachers at the local high school and a side of attraction seemed just the thing for the Back to School time of year.

One Perfect Kiss is book eight in the Hope series. While the characters are rather new and their situations were unknown before this making it seem like it would make an alright standalone, there is
Kristin
Aug 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I can’t quite put my finger one why this story didn’t really work for me. I have really enjoyed Burton’s previous work, but this one left me wanting more. One thing that stuck out for me was the fact that I felt a lack of connection with the characters. Both of them are teachers, not to mention the fact that Zach is the high school’s football coach. However, you don’t really get too much time with them on the job. You get a few snippets, but it would have been nice to really be there experiencin ...more
Samantha (WLABB)
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 Stars

It has been awhile since I visited Hope, and it was nice to be back.

Zach came to Hope for a fresh start after losing his football career to an injury. Josie was also there hoping to start anew after being betrayed by her last boyfriend. As just about the only single people left in their social circle, they struck up a friendship, which was accompanied by an obvious attraction. Both Josie and Zach were looking for some fun, but it seemed like this friendship ran a deeper than th
Becca
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Jaci Burton and the Hope Series! And I loved Josie and Zach.

Josie is new in town and starting to finally feels a little sense of home. She didn't have it growing up with her drug-addicted mother and the one person she thought might possibly give her what she was looking for, was not the person she thought. So moving to Hope meant new beginnings. New friends. New love?

Zach is the high school football coach and after a knee injury that took him out of his dream job as an NFL pl
Becca
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of Jaci Burton and the Hope Series! And I loved Josie and Zach.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Stud for Hire (Stripped Down #1)
  • Hold Her Again
  • Set the Night on Fire (Cottonbloom, #6)
  • Loving a Lawman (Cattle Creek, #1)
  • Shooting Dirty (Dirty Eleven, #2)
  • Going for the Goal (The Perfect Play #3)
  • Christmas at Seashell Cottage (Jewell Cove, #1.5)
  • Mine Under the Mistletoe
  • Trouble When You Walked In
  • Midtown Masters (Sins in the City, #3)
  • Ride 'Em (Giddyup, #1)
  • Carolina Dreaming (Dare Island, #5)
  • 30 Lays in 30 Days: The List 1
  • Falling Sweetly (Starling Falls, #2)
  • One Cut Deeper (A Killer Need, #1)
  • Softer Than Steel (Love & Steel, #2)
  • Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work, #1)
  • For the Longest Time (Harvest Cove, #1)
Jaci Burton is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling, award-winning author of over 70 books. She lives in Oklahoma and when she isn’t on deadline (which is often), she can usually be found wrestling with her uncooperative garden, wrangling her dogs, watching an unhealthy amount of television, or completely losing track of time reading a great book. She’s a total romantic and longs for the hap ...more

Hope (8 books)
  • Hope Flames (Hope, #1)
  • Hope Ignites (Hope, #2)
  • Hope Burns (Hope, #3)
  • Love After All (Hope, #4)
  • Make Me Stay (Hope, #5)
  • Don't Let Go (Hope, #6)
  • Love Me Again (Hope, #7)