Start by marking “I Loved You Then (Bristol Backroads Duet, #1)” as Want to Read:
I Loved You Then (Bristol Backroads Duet, #1)

I Loved You Then

(Bristol Backroads Duet #1)

Love was supposed to protect us... but sometimes, love dies.

Emily's life defines the American Dream.
She has a husband of eighteen years, two healthy teenage daughters, and a thriving business. But it's all a lie.

Happily ever after was supposed to be enough, but her marriage is tattered, along with her self-esteem. She’s drowning and nobody sees her struggle.

UNTIL Logan,
370 pages
Published May 18th 2018 by JB & Co. (first published May 11th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about I Loved You Then, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Loved You Then

Lisa Aiello
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this story. I've lived this story. It was if reading my life spread out in front of me. What courage it takes an author to pull from your personal experiences and put it all out there for the world to see and judge. Jen Blau has done a beautiful job of bringing us real characters, with real flaws, who make real mistakes and tough decisions and sometimes bad choices. Characters who are afraid and conflicted, beaten down, but who draw on their inner strength. Emily is the victim of verbal ...more
Liz
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
What an emotional journey! A great story with amazing characters.
Eva Mcfarden
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Eva by: Hashtag Minxes

An absolute wringer for emotions. Em’s emotional turmoil of loving the man her husband used to be, to loathing her husband and the man he is. Emotional abuse can be more damaging than the physical abuse. When Em is faced with the biggest life changing decision, she must find the courage to move forward, not go backwards. The reality of Em’s marriage is hard to accept. She wants to fight, she wants Ryan to fight for them along with her. The loss and grievin
Jen Blau
Jan 21, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
A new, standalone Contemporary Romance
Releasing late Spring 2018!

“Seeing him tonight, driving off with his friends, made Emily yearn for the old days. They were happy then. Best friends in love. And not only did she miss his presence, she missed their friendship. Now, tension replaced their once carefree conversations. Arguments over bills, money, work, parenting, and even clean clothes dominated their days.
This isn’t us.
She opened her eyes and looked around the room. But this is us.”

ARC Link
Danielle Wormald
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
💗 I loved you then 🧡 is an excellent 5🌟 must read, debut novel!
A story that takes you on such an emotional journey, at times it’s heartbreaking and you see Emily go through a hell of a lot!
In a marriage of 18 years, Emily is unhappy, her husband Ryan is never home, always drinking, putting her down and not believing in her or her dreams! without realizing she is a victim of mental and verbal abuse. Despite her marriage issues she deals with loss and heartache but she finds the strength to figh
Erica Christianson
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Monroe women don't leave".
A beautiful, heartbreaking story of love, loss and empowerment. Jen does an amazing job of capturing the character's struggle of discovering her true self and the self that life has created for her. A story of empowerment, it speaks to all women who are struggling; struggling with abuse, struggling with life, struggling to feel strong enough to embrace who they truly are despite the expectations that are placed on them by others.

I loved this book. I did not want this
Judie
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

This read was an emotional one! Such a great story of love and the challenges that can be encountered. Quite the emotional ride that was a total page-turner.

Bobbi
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful Story!!

This is not your normal beautiful love story. This book is about how people can grow apart after being married for years. This is about a woman standing up for what's right for herself and her family. Can't wait to read what this author has next!!
Lindsey Kramer
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliantly written debut novel. It’s heartbreaking and beautiful. I really struggled to put this book down. It reminds me of my own experiences with verbal abuse. This book was a lesson. This book showed me bravery.
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book was absolutely and insanely awesome. It was heartbreaking and beautiful. It was brilliant and brave. I couldn’t put it down unless I absolutely had to. Jen Blau is an author I’m going to be keeping an eye on.
Naomi Connor
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
***ARC provided in exchange for an honest review - Naomi / Scandalous Book Blog***

WOW...This was a powerful emotional read!!

Emily and Ryan are married with twin daughters, However it far from perfect!

Emilys dream is to be a writer and after recently finishing a screenplay she is hoping now is her time to shine. Looking for support from her husband, she is left feeling alone once again as it all still seems to revolve around him.

Striking up a friendship with playboy Logan is an eye opener. Secre
Sassy Southern
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Emily Monroe is 38 years old and is married to Ryan and they have twin daughters Morgan and Madison. Emily dreams of being a writer and has recently written a screenplay that she hopes will allow her to achieve her dreams.
But Emily is struggling in her marriage to Ryan and wonders if he will ever support her like she needs or if her life will revolve around him and his own dreams. Soon she finds an unlikely friend in Logan Lane, a man who works for Ryan and gives Emily a different perspective on
Amy  Crull
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so beautifully and hauntingly written. It brings out what happens in so many marriages. You get used to a routine and the romance dies Emily and Ryan had been married for 18yrs and have what it seems a perfect marriage.. looks can deceiving. Emily takes a beating in this.. emotionally and verbally. She has a dream but her husband shook should support her, doesn't at all. He puts her down an ignores get every chance he gets. He's also not faithful.. The good thing Emily has a best f ...more
Rebecca Austin
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was a great book about finding yourself and your dreams and who is there for you when you need them the most.

I liked Emily and although I may not have agreed with everything she did, I must admit that I completely understood her actions and supported her. She lived a life that many women can relate to and I love that the author brought these issues to the surface and I think it is a book that could have an affect on many women that read it.

Ryan was such a jerk and you could tell that he was
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I Loved You THEN by Jen Blau was an emotional journey of hope and second chances. The characters drove this story and their journey was captivating. Jen did an amazing job bringing this story to life with her writing. The feels in this one!

On the outside looking in, Emily’s life could not be more perfect. She has been married for eighteen years and has two beautiful daughters. But what you see is not always what you get. Instead Emily has been struggling for years with verbal abuse. So much so,
Dawn Thieme
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I had a very hard time putting it down, and spent a couple nights reading when I should've been sleeping, but that's ok. I love how Logan and Emily just worked. There aren't enough beautiful relationships out there like that anymore! I want to know more about how these two fare in the end!
Jamie
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, very relate-able. It was written in such an open and honest way, I could feel the emotions of the main character right along with her. Great read, excited to see more from this author.
Sandy White
Predictable

Not much substance, read like a lifetime movie. There are much better books out there. Keep searching. Had hoped for more.
Larissa Kay
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“I Loved You Then” is an incredibly relatable story with such a powerful message ! I was easily transported into Emily’s character - and I was secretly cheering her on to help her discover her value and her forever love ! I laughed, I cried , I gritted my teeth .. this book is a Must Read !
Vanessa Coles
Rylee
Aug 05, 2018
Sonia luthje
Jun 23, 2018
Jen Blau's debut novel, I LOVED YOU THEN, is a new contemporary Women's Fiction/Romance Releasing MAY 18, 2018.

Born and raised on a cattle farm in rural Nebraska, Jen still resides in the Midwest with her three children, two dogs and lots of happy cows.

A proclaimed coffee, wine, and book snob, Jen writes about women and the depth of their life stories. Even before the "times-up" and new women's

Bristol Backroads Duet (2 books)
  • I See You Now (Bristol Backroads Duet, #2)
This isn’t us.
She opened her eyes and looked around the room. But this is us.”
0 likes