Start by marking “Vigilance (The Aeternum Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vigilance (The Aeternum Chronicles, #2)

Vigilance

(The Aeternum Chronicles #2)

Sometimes, the void stares back…

The Aeternum Wars have begun anew. Ministry armies have spread like a pestilence across Illyria, wreaking chaos and destruction upon the last remaining outposts of those brave enough to resist.

Hunted by the same feral beasts that destroyed her town, Anzien Tsierig leads a squad of soldiers and untested recruits south along the Wyrewood.
Published January 2nd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Vigilance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vigilance

Start your review of Vigilance (The Aeternum Chronicles, #2)
*❆ Kαɾҽɳ ❆*
23/12/17 Full Review now posted!!

What an incredible sequel!! I was so excited to start this book, like you have no idea how much I wanted Chambers to email the ARC readers to say that book 2 is officially done and ready for us to read and review!!

Where do I even start?! This book took me on a roller coaster ride of emotions! It made me laugh and joyful, sad and scared, terrified and frustrated!! It was just the perfect combination between action, mystery and romance.

Did I say romance? YES I
Jackie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Goodness what a book. It’s sad, joyful and more all in one book. Impossible not to love it and shouldn’t be missed by anyone once it’s released.
Chris Pridmore
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vigilance starts where Recreance ended, and continues in the same fantastic vein. The characters I had come to know in the first book are further developed, and a host of new characters are introduced. A minor character from the first book, Anzien gets a large portion of Vigilance dedicated to her. Her parts slot seamlessly into the narrative as a while, and make for am immensely immersive read. All of the characters feel unique, each has their own agenda and it is easy to feel a connect to many ...more
Kanyon
Once again, another fantastic book that may be lengthy, but has so much going on you hardly notice you’ve been sitting reading for hours. I really like the alternating chapters between the four different set of characters. We have Oren and Clem who are searching for answers in the middle of nowhere and unexpectedly met up with a lost legend. They are experiencing great strength in their relationship, but it kind of hits the fan near the end (much to my sadness). Next we have Anzien and her squad ...more
Robert Campsall
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a brilliant read and a remarkable follow-up to Recreance the first of the Aeternum Chronicles series by H.G. Chambers. I have become an instant fan. The writer has hit the sweet spot within this genre, for me. The eternal struggle of good vs evil is the backbone of the story, but it is the larger grey area in between that appeals to me. The characters are multi faceted and flawed just like real life and easy to relate to. You are not sure of where on the spectrum some of the players fall ...more
Brad
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fast Paced Successor to Recreance (Book 1)

Although you start the series with this book (Book 2 in the series), I would strongly encourage the reader to start with Recreate. Vigilance picks up immediately following the conclusion of Recreance.

The story introduces us to new characters while continuing the focus on Oren and Clementine. Without adding any spoilers, we see Oren and Clementine evolve their powers while their relationship takes some dramatic turns.

One story focus is their quest to
Laurel
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book followed on immediately from the end of Recreance. We meet up with the main characters from the previous book, and a new thread begins, following one of the minor characters from Recreance, Anzien.

I really enjoyed picking the story line up from where Recreance left off and exploring more of the world these characters inhabit. Getting to know Anzien and follow her path was a welcome expansion from Book 1. Chambers's storytelling is vivid and engaging, and for the most part his writing
Cath
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is the second in the series and picks up from the end of book one - Recreance. It follows on from Magdalene's betrayal, the death of Khalil and the opening of the portal which had an army of strange beasts pouring through.
Ryland is one of those that witnesses the events near the portal and becomes disillusioned with the role of The Ministry in controlling peoples' lives and deserts his post. He becomes embroiled in the stories of our other main characters in their fight to save New
Judy
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I rarely give a novel I review 5 stars, but Vigilance is one book that deserves this rating. It is full of excitement with many twists and turns as we journey with our hero’s. Many new characters are added to the cast making the story much more enhanced. Also you really get to know each and every character good and evil. H.C. Chambers does a great job in his character development.
As we journey though Aeternum we are led through a world caught in battle with a strange wraith like overlords that
Teresa
The Aeternum Chronicles 2

On My Kindle BR
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: onmykindlebr
I received a free copy of this book with the option of leaving an honest review.

I was surprised that this installment didn't follow Oren and Clementine as much as the previous installment did, but I really enjoyed the new characters; particularly Anzien Tserig. She was an incredibly intelligent, resilient, and resourceful character! Whenever the book switched to another character's point of view, I found myself yearning for it to return to her perspective. Ryland's character was equally
Lady The Owls
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have not read a scifi book this good in awhile. The imagination thrown into the story and the things that maybe in the future was fantastic. Seems to me that each book in the series grows and gets better. So much to keep up with, with so much adventure.

Lately I have not been to much on science fiction but thought I would give his books a try. I am so glad I had or would not have read book one and gone on to book 2 in the series. My next is to keep reading to the end of the series and hope the
WillowRaven
I found the continuing story of Oren, Clem, Anzien and the others to be fun and entertaining. There were one or two twists I didn't see coming and now wonder how they will affect the story from that point, on. I try not to give spoilers in my reviews, so doing my best to keep with that here. I *will* say that the story is well written, the characters well developed, and the whole concept quite believeable. I look forward to reading book #3!!

This book was received as an ARC in exchange for an
Jeremy Spring
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, and really enjoyed it. It is a great syfy/fantasy book, and is a great continuation of the series started in book 1, Recreate.
While you can start here and still enjoy the tale, I think you would get more from it if you read book 1 first.
It has a great story it's telling, and wonderfully colouful characters. Get it.
M Tuckerbeck
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my favorite books of all time and I cannot wait for book 3. Warning - do not start reading late at night!!! You will not be able to put it down and your spouse/partner will loathe you. Seriously though, this is an exceptional read!! Chambers has a gift for creating immensely likable characters and completely original story-lines (there is a tesseract scene with Oren and Clem that just blew my mind, but no spoilers). In short, what a ride! I laughed, I cried - I was thoroughly ...more
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fast paced novel with along going on. Clem and Oren enter a window to another world. They face danger on their journey. There is danger lurking along the way to try to save Arcadia. Feral beasts attack them many times. The novel has so much action, it was hard to stop reading.
Davianna
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The thrilling sequel to Recreance continues Oren and Clem's journey to take down the ministry.
This sequel blew my mind. The pacing is faster, the plot twists are getting really twisty, and the writing is excellent. The characters are likeable and Anzien is now officially my favorite. It's rare for me to like the sequels more but I REALLY loved the sequel. I can't wait for the next book! 5 Stars!!
Angela Kay
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
First sentence: “Bravo.” Variant Marconas clapped slowly as he stepped out of the darkness into the light of the wall-mounted oil lamp. His shadow flickered erratically on the rough stone walls of the small room. Magdalene Media sat casually in the high-backed velvet chair, watching him stride confidently toward her. A teal silk dress with lace trimming flowed like water over her crossed legs, spilling onto the floor.

Blurb: Sometimes, the void stares back…

The Aeternum Wars have begun anew.
Anaya MacLeod
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anaya-macleod
There are some excellent, and well-deserved reviews, of this novel already. See www.amazon.com for the details. So rather than give an outline of the storyline I thought I would record what I thought of the novel.

This was an imaginative and well written fast-paced sci-fi/fantasy adventure using creative world-building skills and intriguing characters – each of them flawed in their own way.

The plot twists and turns kept me turning the pages, wanting to know what happened next. I found it a hard
Lana
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vigilance is the second book in the Aeternum Chronicles by H. G. Chambers and like the first book this is an action packed read following three different groups of people, so the story is quite intricate and rather long. All the groups are out to save their world, all following different paths but all committed to rid the world from the tyranny of the Patriarch, Gabrial Penumbra. 'Action follows belief. Embrace your purpose. Become who you are meant to be.' And they all took action, very ...more
Kaye
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CAN YOU SAY UH OH, WHAT NOW???
Now this is how its done! If you like action packed, easy to follow, smooth flowing reads with twists, turns and unpredictable surprises that captures your attention and holds it till the last word? Then congratulations, you've found it. I could sit here all day and tell you all about the story. How the characters progressed and the ending. But you've read the blurb, you've read what the other readers are saying. I mean come on guys. How much of the repetitions can
Jenny
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent storytelling.
Another excellent story from this author, following on from Recreance. Again we follow several people, with the addition of Ryland, but this does not detract from the story. Naturally, it is slightly frustrating when the author ends a section about a particular character, but it soon wears off as one becomes engrossed in what is happening to the next person. It is easy to keep track of who is who, unlike some books of this kind.
Each of these books is nice and long, and
Leanna
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to Recreance is even more intense than the first book, with some additions. Not only was this book packed with action and adventure, just like the previous one, and bursting with a whole range of emotions; there was also a blossoming romance included, and it was a very nice addition to the whole. I loved watching how the relationship was changing and developing, and was constantly curious where it will end. The trouble the main characters were facing did not stop after the defeat of ...more
Steve
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ipad-kindle
Vigilance is book 2 of 3 of the series. The character development of Anzien Tsierig was especially thrilling. However, the plot development for Clem and Oren was less intriguing than theirs had been in Recreance (book 1 in the series). That makes some sense in that we needed the time to get to know and love Anzien in this portion of the tale and had already had that for Clem and Oren. The reason I gave four stars instead of five was simply that Recreance had a similar pace (fast) for both main ...more
Myla Aguilar
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow a post apocoltic, fantasy and sci-fi adventure thrown altogether I do not give 5 stars unless it is that good and this 2nd book in the series merits all 5 stars. An action packed thrill ride, with well written characters, well described worlds that you feel like you are visiting, love and betrayal, magic and action. Sorry I won't give away the story but if you dare to take a chance do read this series and be prepared to be taken on a wild ride.
Betty Poulin
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This series only proves how brilliant, imaginative and creative HG Chambers proves to be. Action, adventure, magic intrigue, it just does not stop! His fans are expanding rapidly because his unique style. This is a remarkable read and a stunning follow-up to Recreance the first of the Aeternum Chronicles series by H.G. Chambers. Give his books a try. You will NOT be disappointed.
Paula
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-first-reads
OH my goodness! What a super thrilling, action driven book! And no foul language! I was captivated by all the different characters and places as well as the story being revealed! Cannot wait for Book 3
Mary Hemphill
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have enjoyed this book. It is very action packed.
I have enjoyed getting to know the characters and how their lives came together to build the plot.
Am looking forward to reading the next book and how the story unfolds
H.M.
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

I enjoyed the story, however, I have the same complaint as I did in the first book. There aren’t enough descriptions about the different elements in the world. I like how the story is progressing. I think what happened to Oren is really sad, but it adds depth to the story.
Stephen
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I totally believe that most of you who love this genre will totally enjoy this Series, the second in this series is just as good if not better than the first. I reread the first book before reading this one. Great Reading Everyone! Can't wait for the next!!!
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover Updates 13 33 Dec 31, 2017 04:35AM

• The Faerie Games (Dark World: The Faerie Games Book 1)
  • The Dragon Tamer (Alveria Dragon Akademy, #1)
  • The Vampire Wish (Dark World: The Vampire Wish #1)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes #1)
  • Warrior Fae Trapped (Warrior Fae, #1)
  • Mage's Apprentice (Mages of New York #1)
  • Bone Witch (Winter Wayne #1)
  • Bone Prison (Winter Wayne #5)
  • Bone Fairy (Winter Wayne #6)
  • Shifted (Siren Prophecy, #1; Shifter Academy)
  • The Vampire Fate (Dark World: The Vampire Wish #4)
  • The Angel Trials (Dark World: The Angel Trials #1)
  • Reaping Willow (Trappers, Inc. Book 1)
  • Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2)
  • The Vampire Prince (Dark World: The Vampire Wish #2)
  • The Vampire Trick (Dark World: The Vampire Wish #3)
  • The Angel Test (Dark World: The Angel Trials Book 7)
  • The Angel Hunt (Dark World: The Angel Trials #2)
Harold George Chambers is an award winning fantasy science fiction author. He’s also a dad, helicopter pilot, web designer, musician, and a huge board game nerd. Inspired by the great fantasy sci-fi authors of the past and present, Harold published Recreance, the first book of The Aeternum Chronicles, in 2017. The story continues with Vigilance, released early 2018. Harold makes his home in a ...more

The Aeternum Chronicles (3 books)
  • Recreance (The Aeternum Chronicles #1)
  • Defiance (The Aeternum Chronicles, #3)