Start by marking “The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)

The Lion Tamer

(The Sin Bin #6)

One dominant Marine.

One troubled rugby player.

The Sin Bin will never be the same.

Gray Baird’s to-do list for the year includes starting a restaurant, claiming his submissive, and keeping his nosy friends out of his business. He has his work seriously cut out for him.

Scottie Monk prides himself on bullying his way through problems—and sometimes even people. His life is
Published February 20th 2018 by Hot Tree Publishing

Start your review of The Lion Tamer (The Sin Bin, #6)
Cadiva
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
More of a serious feel with this one

This definitely isn't a standalone. You need the background to understand why where Scottie ends up at the end of this book is such a big deal.

There's also, not surprisingly for a book which is very heavily focused on a power exchange Dom/sub relationship, a mixture of sexual scenes and BDSM exploration.

However, not much on page detail sometimes made the narrative feel a bit disconnected as there was a bit more telling and not as much actual showing as I'd
books are love
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Watching Scottie fight his demons endears him to you and makes him more real. The story of Grey helping to tame his kitten in Scottie and have them find love with each other is fun and endearing.

In the Lion Tamer, Dahlia Donovan gives us Scottie’s story and what a story we get. From the beginning we are riveted by his journey. His journey to sobriety, clarity, realizing he has family and love. We watch scottie go from a angry arse all the time to one that begins to understand life, love and
Carra
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First, know right up front that you really need to have at least read The Royal Marine and The Unexpected Santa before starting The Lion Tamer. If you haven’t, you won’t truly be able to appreciate the changes in Scottie’s character as he grows and develops throughout the story. And second—if you like age gap stories, and stories where a very snarky, cocky, jackass of a guy gets taken in hand…well, you’ve come to the right place.

I love Gray’s attitude, and how he deals with Scottie. Gray is a no
R
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
We first met Gray and Scottie in The Unexpected Santa (Sin Bin 5). Gray, ex marine, tired of soldiering, turned chef. Scottie, ex rugby player, falling down drunk most of the time.

Gray just wants a quiet life separate from the sins of his past. He wants to open his own restaurant and finally live his life on his own terms. Which just happens to include a belligerent, drunk Scottie.

Scottie, damaged by his past, just wants to live in his numb, drunken haze. Surrounded by friends who only want the
Becky Baldridge
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It turns out that it takes a silver, umm, Gray fox to tame the volatile Scottie. To say that I didn't like Scottie when he was introduced a couple of books back would be an understatement and that opinion wasn't much improved with the next book, but this one blew me away. Gray is exactly what Scottie needs as he deals with family issues and past abuse. This pair makes quite the journey together, both personally and as a couple. The story is an emotional one and parts of it are absolutely ...more
AussieMum
DNF 31%
I haven’t read any other books in this series but that’s not why this is a DNF. I’m just really not a fan of the writing style here and I can’t connect to either character, even though I would like to. Everything of consequence happens off page or is skimmed over. From Scottie’s 3 month rehab stay to the sex, to everyday conversations. It’s all telling or has no real depth. Lots have loved this. Not me unfortunately.
Mari  Cardenas
4.5 Stars!

I've been waiting for Scottie's story ever since I read The Caretaker and each book since then just made me more anxious to read it. If you haven't read the series, I suggest reading at least The Royal Marine and The Unexpected Santa before you read this one, as they have a lot of Scottie and Gray's backstory. You probably won't be lost if you don't, but you'll be missing out on great books. Another thing, this book deals with a D/s relationship and while the BDSM scenes are not all
Jen
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing! So raw with every emotion you can imagine. I laughed, was worried, became immensely happy, got teary eyed, and had to fan myself (so often..so hot). I was just all over the place! This is my favorite of The Sin Bin series, by a long shot. Something about these two alpha men able to have a D/s relationship, that not only strengthens there own bond with each other, but helps to guide them towards the better versions of themselves.

I knew that even though Scottie was an angry
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, contemporary
The Lion Tamer is the full length story of Gray and Scottie that we were teased with ever since The Unexpected Santa was released.

Scottie has always been a bit of a jerk, and found refuge in alcohol. This time though, he goes too far and ends up in hospital. Gray supports him whilst still giving him room to breathe, and Scottie's friends rally round, getting him into rehab. When he comes out, he finds out that his father is dying, and Silus, his younger brother, wants to help his dad out as much
Kaye
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is so good!

What a build up this series has been to this heart wrenching story. Scottie isn't just a twat but a man with a truly painful past.

Gray is the perfect man for Scottie, especially having been through an abusive childhood but he had someone to help him much earlier in his life than Scottie.

Scottie found it difficult to submit even though it is what he wants and needs but eventually realises that he doesn't want to be the man he's always been or to become the horror that is his sperm
Kirk
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance, sports, lgbtq
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed every book in the Sin Bin series so far and after having the tasters we’ve had of Gray and Scottie, I really needed to see what was going to happen with them. Two really strong personalities; Gray being strong and silent, and Scottie, a forceful personality but always lashing out and alienating people left and right. They were both interesting characters, with a lot of depth; would they be like oil and water together?

From the get-go Gray knew what he wanted but he also
Maria Vickers
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you've been following this blog, you know that I've been loving the Sin Bin Series by Dahlia Donovan. Book six has just been released and once again it does not disappoint. it will leave you raw and full of hope by the end of the book. After reading the Royal Marine, I just wanted to punch Scottie in the nose, and after reading The Unexpected Santa, I was inexplicably drawn to both Gray and Scottie. I wanted to see where Dahlia would take it from where we left off abruptly. And if you think ...more
Kathy Wideman
This is the sixth book in this series and they are better when read in order. We got a taste of Scottie and Gray’s story in book five. I couldn’t wait for their book after getting a taste of them in the last book. Gray is a retired marine turned security professional turned chef. Scottie is a former rugby player turned night club manager. He is also a falling down drunk. Gray is a dominant and sees how submission could help Scottie. Scottie is confused by why is willing to do the things Gray ...more
Judy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have NOT read any of the other "Sin Bin" books but this one seemed ok as a stand alone. This was a little different style book than the blurb implied as it seemed like a more meaty story. Scottie (one of a group of retired rugby players) is the grumpy, moody, formerly abused member of the group who has coping problems. Gray is the stable , even tempered guy making a life career change. What surprised me about this story is that the BDSM didn't seem gratuitous. The story deals with some pretty ...more
Melanie
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Word Review

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

For the full review visit https://wp.me/p220KL-d1z

From that review: " Each new story in The Sin Bin series made me sure I'd found the favorite story and couple out of all of them...and I had. Until the next one. This pattern held true with The Lion Tamer. Dahlia Donovan has taken a sad and sometimes unlikable character that's been appearing in every previous story and slowly turned him into someone I not only connected deeply with
Lisa
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since 'The Unexpected Santa' at Christmas which gave us a teaser into Scottie and Gray, I have been eagerly waiting for their full story and it was so good!

Witnessing the arrogant, loud mouthed Scottie submit and be tamed by Gray had me reading with wonderment. Gray was exactly what Scottie needed: someone to focus him and to care for him, forcing him to confront his problems and get the help he needed. Submission was not a magic pill for Scottie but the mutual respect, trust and love that grew
Stina Andersen
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Lion Tamer, book 6 in the Sin Bin series by Dahlia Donovan.

I loved the previous books in this series, but my oh my, the Lion Tamer is so, so good!! I loved, loved it!!

Gray Baird, an ex-marine who's looking for a way to forget about his past sins. He has always dreamed of opening his own restaurant. And finding someone he can dominate.

Scottie Monk, an ex-rugby player, wants to forget and live in a numb, drunken haze. But he is slowly losing control.

I loved the chemistry, the connection
Ashley
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was a very tense and built up romance. I enjoyed the dominance and submission aspect as well as the plot. Something that is very sensual! Donovan's writing is wonderfully dark and mysterious!

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Dee Winston
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WoW!!!! After first meeting Scottie a couple books ago I didn't like him at all. But once I got to know him and his issues I started understanding him. And Gray's patience and understanding made him so likeable. Gray saw something in him and he never gave up. He was a big part of Scottie growing up. And both men realized the family they had around them. I loved this book and the emotions it brought out.
John-Torleif  Harris
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
By far my favorite in the series

Scottie has been sick a pain for everyone to deal with in this series that it was delightful to see him learn to rely on all of the people who care for him. I also have to say that, of all of the couples, Gray and Scottie were my favorite.
Tena
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars - I really like Gray. He's the strong silent type who has a touch of wounded soul and, most of all, patience, which is what he needs to catch his kitten. I love that pet name anyway, but especially for Scottie as it's so not his personality. There are many elements to this story, and most of them work to build tension or set some tone or scene. For me, the paparazzi just didn't seem to fit. Overall, I enjoyed watching these two find their way together.
Caroline
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have loved this series and 'The Lion Tamer' didn't let me down. Dahlia Donovan writes a great story, full of emotion but also full of romance no to forget the steamy bits.

This is Scotty and Gray's story. One boozed up rude retired rugby player and an ex-marine. Gray wants a new submissive but can alpha Scotty fill that need. Scotty's life is spiralling out of control, will submitting to Gray bring him back in control of is own world.

Reviewed for Amo's Book Corner.

I received a copy of this book
Lora
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 out of 5 stars

Gray and Scottie have been making appearances in the Sin Bin for several books now - even having a novella of their own - but this book makes their story complete.

Scottie isn’t a nice guy. He doesn’t really know how to be a nice guy and he doesn’t really care to try either.

Gray is a retired marine who moved to help with his friend’s security company, but found his passion in cooking instead. He also knows just what Scottie needs and doesn’t stop chasing until he catches
Mindy McCray
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book! we have met Scottie and Gray before but I'm so glad we get to see more of them! The Sin Bin series is absolutely amazing!!
Reanna Hanley
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scottie absolutely breaks my heart, I've loved him through all of the series even though he's an ass. Gray is definitely perfect for him. I also really love the interaction with the twins. There was just so much emotion in this book.

Although this book focuses on Scottie and Gray we really get to see so much of the other characters this book might be my series favorite! I of course would recommend the entire series but if it seems a bit much definitely The Royal Marine and The Unexpected Santa.
Ayla
I am so glad that the author gave us a hint of these guys in the previous novella. There is so much more to Scottie and Gray than shows on the surface. The sex scenes in this book were HOT. I read the first one while on lunch at work and whew! I also really enjoyed the D/s aspect of their relationship.

Scottie's struggles with drinking were really hard to read just because of the emotion we see from him. Before that, the only emotion we really see from him is anger, but we get to see this
Jenn's Book Obsession
Holy ALPHA!!! Ok, so I kinda knew what I was getting into when I read The Unexpected Santa, which is the prequel to this book but HOLY!!! Gray is absolutely the ALPHA dog around here and hott damn Dahlia Donovan does such a good job with his character. Gray is deliciously dominant, sexy and has a soft side.

This book definitely kept me captivated from beginning to end. Scottie struggles so much and his bitter, anger and fuck off attitude kinda grows on you once you get to know him and the
Katherine McCulley
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Surprised by 'The Lion Tamer'

First book by Dahlia Donovan but I will look for more. Loved all these bloody characters. So real & believable, I would live to meet them in person. LOL. The story & characters move smoothly as details unfold and just like any true love with it's up & downs & issues gives meaning h depth to the story. I liked the appearance of the twins & how Grey didn't want to become involved did. A lovely story h would recommend to friends.
This review comes
Mae Hanley
Aug 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: same-sex
I saw this via bookbub and didn't realize it was part of a series, let alone book 6. I did think it odd how the author just assumed I knew who all the other people in the story were, but by then I was into the story and kept going. That was really the only downside to not knowing it was in a series. The story stands on it's own for the most part.

I liked the subtle ways Gray was always dominant, even though his and Scottie's relationship wasn't necessarily a 24/7 D/s one. The characters felt

• On His Knees (Blasphemy #4)
  • Renegades (Breaking the Rules #1)
  • Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink, #4)
  • Unconventional (Unconditional Love #2)
  • From Ashes (Heathens Ink #3)
  • Campy (Ballsy Boys #4)
  • Upside Down
  • Unraveled (Heathens Ink #5; Inked #1)
  • Unbroken (The Protectors #12)
  • Savor Me (Kitchen Gods #3)
  • Tallowwood
  • Sir
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • A Tale of Two Horns (Corent City Tales #1)
  • No Quick Fix (Torus Intercession #1)
  • Blank Canvas (Irons and Works, #2)
  • Rocket Science (Love Logic, #1)
  • Nuts (Ace's Wild, #2)
Dahlia Donovan wrote her first romance series after a crazy dream about shifters and damsels in distress. She prefers irreverent humour and unconventional characters. An autistic and occasional hermit, her life wouldn’t be complete without her husband and her massive collection of books and video games.

The Sin Bin (7 books)
  • The Wanderer (The Sin Bin, #1)
  • The Caretaker (The Sin Bin, #2)
  • The Botanist (The Sin Bin, #3)
  • The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
  • The Unexpected Santa (The Sin Bin, #5)
  • Haka Ever After (The Sin Bin, #7)