Start by marking “On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)” as Want to Read:
On the Line (Milwaukee Dragons, #1)

On the Line

(Milwaukee Dragons #1)

Is this man: A) a super-hot NFL player, B) the guy you’re sexting, or C) your new boss?

If you’re Carrie Herron, the answer is: D) all of the above. First, Carrie starts exchanging steamy text messages with the sexy single dad she meets in line at the grocery store. Then she lands a job as the live-in nanny for the daughter of the Milwaukee Dragons’ newest star. With any lu
Published April 17th 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about On the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On the Line

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc-books
➳Eghhh... Did not see this one coming...

I'm going to keep this short and sweet, and also straight to the point. To me, I found the synopsis of this story appealing in a way that made me interested in what the story has to offer. Now, I am not a big fan of stories that are deceived by the synopsis. Meaning, that once you read the blurb and you get attached to it and you cannot wait to start the story, you get tricked by the story and the lack of spirit there is throughout the story.

➳I gave it
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
The more I sat on my review of On the Line the less I liked the story, though those abs on the cover model could do crazy things to a girl's mind...

There was just something slightly off about the whole story, and it was hard to put my finger on exactly why I didn't really like it. The chemistry felt forced, and the tension was non-existent so there wasn't that fluttery feeling in my gut while I was reading. The storyline was... fine, but it never excited me and I had a hard time maintaining my i
Dali
Liz Lincoln launches her Milwaukee Dragons series with On The Line, a fun and sexy story about a super-hot NFL player and comic loving sexy science teacher.

When a hot guy a super market offers to pay for your groceries and starts sending flirty texts, a girl can’t help but want to see where that leads. Unfortunately for Carrie Herron her new job as a nanny forces her to rein her intense attraction to her new boss who just happens to be the guy she’s been sexting with.

As soon as Seth Chamberlain
~Kristin~
3.5 Stars
I am an absolute sucker for an athletic themed story, it seems I will read about almost any sport, they almost always grab my attention.
Here we had a single dad, who was a star defensive play for an NFL expansion team, who is in dire need of help for his pre-teen daughter in the new town he was playing.
I loved their first chance meeting in the grocery store, where the clueless single dad is buying super plus tampons for his 12 year old daughter's first period, ouch!
The flirting and
Maria Rose
On the Line by Liz Lincoln is the first story in her new football romance series and is a fun and sexy ‘single parent falls for the nanny’ tale.

Carrie Herron has her hopes up on finally getting into the dating game again when she meets a man at the grocery store and they exchange numbers, and some sexy texts. But when it turns out he’s the guy her brother has set her up with for a nanny job, her heart sinks. Getting involved with her new boss, no matter how sexy and handsome he is, is a recipe f
Kristy K
Feb 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars

Everything about this was uncomfortable, weird, and awkward. The bones of a good romance story were all there: athlete, single dad, brother's BFF. But every conversation and interaction between Carrie and Seth just had me scrunching my nose and asking why. I didn't feel tension; I didn't get chemistry. I got awkward texts that were (supposedly) sexy. I got brother's BFF trope where she had never even met the guy before they began a "relationship" and the brother was absent most of the s
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

What do you get when you cross a single dad pro football player and a nerdy cosplay, science loving woman? Well, you get a cheeky romance called On The Line by Liz Lincoln. There was so much about this book I loved including their chance meeting, the texting flirtation, the surprise job interview, and the way no matter how hard they tried they couldn’t keep their hands off one another. I loved this light, fun, and sexy story!

Unable to find a job as a science teacher after being let go from her p
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
A new to me author but soooo happy that she is right in my backyard. Lots of familiarity with the setting and the weather. Love a good sports romance! Throw in a single dad and a slow burn with some serious sexual tension. Hooked me in!

Loved the nerd, geek girl with the hots for an athlete trope. The book just clicked off so many boxes for me. Looking forward to meeting more of the Dragons team. I am not sure why on earth the author would plunk another NFL team into WI---but she's forgiven sinc
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly, ratula
If you think I picked this book up because of that abs-alicious cover - well, okay yeah. You're right. But also: football. Also, also: Single dad + nanny. This set-up had a lot of things going for it. Basically, all of my favorite things wrapped up in a (hot damn) pretty package.

For me? There was no false advertising here. Liz Lincoln is a new to me author, so I didn't really know what I was going to get beyond what the cover and blurb promised, and I was so pleasantly surprised by how easily I
Sara (sarabara081)
Mar 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-2018
You can find more of my reviews at Forever 17 Books.

3.5 stars!

I’m sort of a sucker for romances with nannies and hot single dads. Maybe part of it is because I worked in childcare for many, many years so it makes it easier to connect to a character with a job I’m quite familiar with. But who doesn’t love a man who is great with kids too? On the Line was a must read for me for those very reasons. Plus he’s a football star? Bonus!

Carrie is struggling to find a teaching job position and just when s
Karen
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Look forward to it. Mark your calendar for it. My ARC Netgalley allowed me to read a really nicely written realistic portrayal of a single dad raising his 12 year old daughter. He happens to be a professional football player and there is lots of football talk but the main story is the attraction he feels after hiring a nanny for his daughter's care while his season starts. It starts out very fun as Carrie forgets her wallet in the grocery store. Standing behind her in line is Seth. He is buying ...more
Ari
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Original review: The Romance Corner

*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*3.5 Stars!*

On the Line is the first book in Milwaukee Dragons series and the first book I’ve read by Liz Lincoln. It follows the story of Carrie Herron and Seth Chamberlain who meet at a checkout aisle and sparks end up flying between the pair after Carrie helps the single dad with a shopping situation. Over the next few days, flirty messages are sent back and forth
Morelia (Strandedinbooks)
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
**4.5 STARS!

Somewhere between the groceries and the tampon aisle, I too fell in love. With Carrie and Seth, that is.

This was a sweet romance that had me smiling way too hard and also didn't allow me to put it down for fear that I would miss out on anything!
Though it was such a fast-paced read, I felt it went great with the speed of Carrie and Seth's romance. I mean, who wouldn't immediately fall head over heels for a hot, well-built athlete?

I have to admit that I wanted a bit more of comic book
Ivy Deluca
description
This is a middle of the road type of read for me.
In football terms, there were some solid kicks
description

For example, I loved the tropes involved in this. Single father football player trying to do right by his little tween girl, hires nanny who is hot AF and cosplays Poison Ivy?? Yes please. The sexy bits were plentiful, but I liked the attention to detail when it came to his profession, and her love of science and comics. Hot and sexy times in costumes is fun. The setup for the conflict of nanny/employ
Under the Covers Book Blog

Is there even a question about why I took a chance on this book? Yeah, I mean that cover!!!!  I've never heard of this author before and I thought it sounded like a cute sports romance.  And in the end, it was a cute sports romance but I felt like it was just a bit too underwhelming for my taste.

There were definitely things I liked about it.  The
Jeannine
This is my first book by this author. It was a little hard for me to get into because it was written in third person. I’m not a fan of third person but I did enjoy some parts of the story. I liked that Seth was a single dad of a twelve year old, he’s a great dad. Carrie and Seth together didn’t really blow me away and I really wish there was an epilogue. That ending felt way too rushed.

*ARC received through Netgalley for an honest review.*
Kate Olson
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous steamy football romance set in WISCONSIN with a science nerd cosplay-loving female lead 😍 SWOON
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

Cute story. I liked Seth and Carrie, enjoying how their relationship developed. I just wish there had been more development. It felt like we skipped chunks of time that made it a little hard to see the progression in their relationship.
Treena
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
Thank you to NetGalley for giving me an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion.

Sports romances are one of my favorite tropes. This one hit all the right notes. There were enough football scenes. There was a nice level of steam and heat. There was some low-level angsty drama. Overall, this story had a nice pace and a believable plot.

My biggest complaint is how the book ended. I hated it.

Dear Liz Lincoln, please don't end Seth and Carrie's story this way. It was WAY too ab
JenReadsRomance
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sports-romance
I really enjoyed this book. I think fans of The Wedding Date would like this book, as it struck similar chords as a realistic romance--one exploring the boundaries between work, family, and love.

Carrie can't find a teaching job (there's an unclear reason why she lost her last job that I wish I knew more about) and has a super meet-cute in the grocery store with Seth, a NFL player who is new to the area. I liked how well-developed both Carrie and Seth were. He's a devoted parent to his 13 year o
Lindsay

I was really surprised by this book. I mean, I love romances with athletes and the whole famous guy falls for the normal girl trope, so this looked good. But so often, I've been disappointed.

I loved Seth. I could totally picture him as Chris Hemsworth, and that's not a hard image to spend time with ;) One of my favorite parts of the book was actually when Seth and Carrie met. I loved seeing them interact in the grocery store isle over feminine hygiene products. He was so uncomfortable and awkwa
Up All Night With Books
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**ARC received in exchange for an honest review**

On the Line by Liz Lincoln is page turning! This is a Rom-Com for sure. Be ready for laughs galore. You will love Carrie and Seth but you will fall in love with Maddie.

Carrie and Seth met at the grocery store. A simple act of kindness on his part and on her part, turn into them exchanging phone numbers. It starts with some texting which turns into sexting.

Carrie, an out of work science teacher, has burned through her savings. Unable to find anothe
Sheri
Apr 11, 2018 rated it liked it
I received an ARC of this book for an honest review.

I’m always a sucker for a single dad romance. Add to that the single dad is a football player and I’m sold. This book had both.

Seth Chamberlain is a football player with a 12-year old daughter. He’s recently been traded to Milwaukee from Houston, where his family lives. His daughter is non to happy about the move – but his life is made easier when he hires Carrie Heron to be his nanny.

Turns out he’s met Carrie – at the grocery store, when Seth
Heather
Apr 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this story and would have given it more stars if it wasn't for the end of the book. But before we get there I'll talk about what I did like.

I liked that Carrie and Seth met and were flirting with each other before she interviewed to be his nanny. It put an interesting twist on the nanny falling in love with her sport star boss. I liked that Mads was older and that she and Carrie had a lot in common. I enjoyed reading the chapters with just the two of them just as much as I did t
Crystal
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG. Carrie and Seth were pure magic. He is so swoon, but enough of a jerk at one point to not be too perfect. Loved this book!
Johanna Sawyer
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: april-read, netgalley
Thanks Netgalley for a copy to read and review my honest opinion.

Wow....hot cover alert! Thanks for allowing me a copy... wowsa. So this is a first read by this author for me and I wasn't disappointed. The blurb follows the book great and I didn't want to put it down. Carrie is an unemployed science teacher who accepts a nanny position due to lack of jobs. I think I loved Seth from the first scene in the grocery store...yummy. That first scene had me chuckling. Big huge guy standing in line wit
Kimberley C.
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I. Loved. This. Book.

I’ve never read anything by this author (and I don’t even know if this is her first or 23rd book!) but I will be checking her out now. I love the forbidden romance trope, so this was right up my alley. And let me tell you, Seth is the hottest book boyfriend I’ve come across in quite a while. Loved the whole thing. Now I’m off to find out what else Liz Lincoln has written!
Samantha (WLABB)
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
Rating: 3.5 Stars

I am always up for a sports romance, and the single dad - nerdy nanny angle had me interested. I am happy to say, it was a winning combination, that resulted in a fun romance.

Who?

* Seth, a new linebacker with the Dragons, who's two most important priorities were his daughter and football, in that order.

* Carrie, a comic book loving, former science teacher, who liked to cosplay and write graphic novel style textbooks in her free time

What?

In need of a job and a place to live, C
Jenn
I loved how this story started, and how Seth and Carrie meet. Honestly, it cracked me up! They're in the grocery store and he's buying feminine products for his daughter's first period. Here's a little snip-it of it.

"No, it's OK. I was young. And she's only twelve.".... "It's, uh, you know, her first time. She'll know what to do with these, right? I mean, girls know these things, talk about them with their friends. Yeah?" He waved the box of tampons.
Super plus tampons. "Nope. Those are way too
Ruthie Taylor
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the first in a new series, and I think it bodes well for future books. It is sports based, but as Seth doesn't get out much, we only briefly meet team-mates.

I felt that the fact that Carrie is a soon-to-be-evicted, unemployed teacher in a jam, rather than a career nanny, did make the whole story a lot more interesting. She was older and more experienced than the average nanny, and the connection through her brot
Liz has been concocting stories as long as she can remember, and from the beginning they involved two people falling in love.

When she's not writing, she spends her time rooting for the UW Badgers and the Green Bay Packers (or yearning for the return of football season), cross-stitching and embroidering sassy sayings or nerdy characters (Wonder Woman is her favorite), and drinking too much Diet Cok

Milwaukee Dragons (2 books)
  • Swagger (Milwaukee Dragons, #2)
“Beardy McMuscles glanced up and caught her looking. He gave her a conspiratorial smile, inclining his head slightly toward the cashier.” 0 likes