Start by marking “İkigai: Japonların Uzun ve Mutlu Yaşam Sırrı” as Want to Read:
İkigai: Japonların Uzun ve Mutlu Yaşam Sırrı

İkigai: Japonların Uzun ve Mutlu Yaşam Sırrı

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  10,067 ratings  ·  1,034 reviews
Uluslararası çoksatan bir rehber olan Ikigai’yle her gününüz bir anlam kazansın.

Japonlar herkesin bir ikigaisi olduğuna inanır, her sabah yataktan kalkmaları için bir sebepleri vardır.

İlham verici ve rahatlatıcı bu kitap sizlere kendi ikigainizi keşfetmeniz için gerekli tüm bilgileri veriyor.
Aceleci davranmamanızı, hayat gayenizi keşfetmenizi, ilişkilerinizi canlandırmanız
Published December 9th 2017 by İndigo Kitap (first published April 2016)

To ask other readers questions about İkigai, please sign up.
Marcelo Campos This is not addressed by the authors, but I think you misunderstood their intention. They discuss how people from Okinawa achieve a very old age…moreThis is not addressed by the authors, but I think you misunderstood their intention. They discuss how people from Okinawa achieve a very old age (about 90 years old) through alimentation, exercise and, sure, Ikigai (something that connects one`s mission, profession, vocation and activity). I think it is irrelevant that most suicides take place in Japan (Okinawa isn`t quite Japan). The question is why the most old people are from Okinawa.(less)

·  10,067 ratings  ·  1,034 reviews

Chris Chester
Sep 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I kind of feel bad panning this book, because I think helping people find their ikigai -- or their purpose in life -- is a worthwhile goal.

The problem is, I have to think that the author and his publisher know that this book doesn't come anywhere close to achieving that goal.

Instead, this book is a jumbled mess. It borrows heavily from the work of others, from Victor Frankl to the guys studying flow states, slaps on a thin veneer of received wisdom from Japanese octogenarians and attempts to pas
Irmak
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kütüphanem
Beklentimi hiçbir açıdan karşılamayan bir kitap oldu Ikigai. İçerisinde birçoğumuzun bilmediği çok az şey barındırıyordu ki onlarda Japonlara has şeylerdi zaten. Diğer anlatılan her şey bir şekilde kulağımıza gelmiş olan, okuduğumuz ya da büyüklerimiz tarafından bize söylenen şeylerdi. Bu açıdan bana bir şeyler katan bir kitap olmadı.

Kitap boyunca devamlı başka kitaplardan alıntılama, o kitaplardan verilen örnekler üzerinden ilerleme vardı. Ve bu beni bi yerden sonra rahatsız etti çünkü başka ki
Gabriela
Oct 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I could live with the fact that every idea about the Western approach to finding a purpose in life is taken from Frankl, Taleb and a few others. With no personal contribution from the authors. But to claim that you interviewed 100 people from Okinawa and to present your readers with no more than 5 pages of random (and in no way revealing, profound or even interesting) quotes from these interviews...that is just disrespectful. To the reader and to the interviewees.
BookishDubai
This book has nothing to do with Ikigai. Honestly it should've been titled How to Live a Long Life like an Okinawan.

7jane
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book's title is a little misleading: while it does talk about ikigai, it also talks about what things are connected to it, and the main point is on having a long, happy, healthy(ish) life, as seen from the (mostly) Okinawan way of life. The authors traveled to Ogimi, which is in Okinawa, Japan, and spent time there interviewing and observing the oldest people, who all seemed to have this ikigai (the reason to get up in the morning), a joy of life and very active daily activities.

The chapters
Kyriakos S Kyriakou
Όποιος είναι έτοιμος να κερδίσει κάτι από ένα βιβλίο θα βγει σίγουρα κερδισμένος και με αυτό το βιβλίο! Η επανάληψη δεν έβλαψε κανένα!
Maria Bikaki
Δεν ξέρω αν διαβάζοντας κανείς αυτό το βιβλίο θα βγει πολύ σοφότερος, δηλαδή δε νομίζω ότι προσθέτει πραγματικά πολλές καινούριες πληροφορίες για μια πιο ευτυχισμένη ζωή που μέχρι τώρα δε γνωρίζαμε και προφανώς δε νομίζω ότι πρέπει να αρχίσουμε να τρώμε φύκια όπως αναγράφεται για καλύτερη ποιότητα ζωής, όμως πιστεύω ότι δεν είναι ποτέ κακό να ξαναβλέπεις γραπτά κάποια πράγματα που ήδη τα γνωρίζεις και είναι και για σένα κοινώς αποδεκτά συστατικά μιας ευτυχισμένης ζωής. Σε αυτό το κομμάτι προσωπι ...more
Nadia King
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I literally inhaled this book. Ikigai is a beautiful book about Japanese culture and discusses the secret to a long and happy life. If you're interested in Japanese culture and self-development this gorgeous book is for you. Just reading this had a calm and centering effect on me. "Happiness is always determined by your heart." 💙
Jasmin Martin
May 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I expected more but this book disappoints. It doesnt seem to follow a clear thread but rather jumps randomly around from one fact to another (which the authors thought relevant) such as stress and what it does to the body, and then short profiles on some of the longest lived persons on the planet. These don't have much to do with the Ogimi folk of Okinawa that the researchers were going to visit and interview. I though they were going to write about them and their entire time spent with them, bu ...more
Imogen
Ikigai is a Japanese concept that translates to 'reason for being'. Until picking this book up on a whim (the cover was pretty, and I am easily sold on pretty books), I had never really heard of this idea, so this book acted as my introduction.

The Good

- This book was simply written and concise (for the most part), with little emphasis on flowery or pretentious writing, thus making for a quick and easy read.
- The cover of this book is stunning. It's 100% why I picked the book up.
- As someone wh
Didem Gürpınar
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
İlgi çekici ve hızlı okunabilen bir kitap. Çoğumuzun bildiği fakat her zaman uygulayamadığı güzel bir yaşam felsefesini açıklıyor. Bu konudaki kitapları hiç okumamış ve başlangıç seviyesinde olanlara tavsiye ederim. Fakat bu konuda kafa yormuş kişiler için biraz basit kalabiir.

Uzun yaşayan insanlarla yapılan röportajlar ve bu konuda yapılan yorumlar kitabın en ilgi çekici yeriydi bence. Son olarak dikkatimi çeken ve beni düşünüren birkaç cümleyi paylaşmak istiyorum.

"Güzelliği mükemmellikte değ
Helen
May 28, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh. It's really just a recap of The Blue Zones of Happiness with emphasis on the Okinawa aspect. The quote I find most disconcerting, after reading the entire book, is "There is no perfect strategy to connecting with our ikigai"....but (what we learn from the Okinawans) is "don't worry too much about finding it." But then, in the next and final page, they say, "if you don't know what your ikigai is yet, as Viktor Frankl says, your mission is to discover it."
So which is it? And aside from exerci
Tuna Turan
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
İkigai; sabah uyanmak için kendinize bir sebep bulmak anlamına geliyormuş. Kitap enteresan bir şekilde dikkatimi çekti ve kolay, akıcı bir şekilde okudum. Uzun zaman yaşamış insanlarla yapılmış röportajlar, onlardan uzun yaşama sırlarının anlatıldığı bir kitap. Çok mantıklı bir şey, ama hayat şartları kendi "ikigai"ni bulmaya izin vermeyebilir!
Rose
Quick review for a quick read. I definitely like the concept of "ikigai" and looked forward to learning more about the concept based on the description this book gave. However, upon finishing this - I felt that some of the advice was helpful, but very generalized and unfocused in this book. You get tidbits of insight on Japanese culture here, but it's more in the eyes of the authors experiencing the culture than it is direct voicing from the culture itself. That's a problem when you're trying to ...more
Patrick Sherriff
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: japan
I just got my Japanese pension book in the mail today, but won't be able to use it for a good 20 years yet, so staying alive for a long time suddenly just became a bit more real for me: to get all my pension payments back I'll need to be around for a good 30 more years at least. And the advice presented here seems irrefutable: eat more fruit and veg; drink less alcohol; do a bit of exercise everyday; don't sweat the small stuff; don't sweat the big stuff; hang out with your loved ones everyday; ...more
thebookishbulletin
The below review is as on https://thebookishbulletin.wordpress....

Having read a good number of self-help books in the past and not being too inspired by any of them, I was kind of reluctant to pick this one up. But there was something so soothing and inviting about the cover-the depiction of Japanese cherry blossoms because of which I decided that maybe it was worth a shot. Believe me, I was not disappointed.

Ikigai is a treasure trove of life’s secrets. It posits a series of precise and workable
Ezgi Tülü
Jan 23, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF @ 35%
Berfin Kanat
Feb 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Eğer bu kitabı uzun yaşamın sırrı için okursanız (100 yaşına kadar yaşamaya ne gerek var da neyse) tatmin olabilirsiniz. İkigai denilen hayatın amacını bulma kısmı benim asıl ilgimi çeken kısımdı ki çok değişik bir bilgiyle karşılaştım diyemem. Biraz şey gibi olmuş, iki farklı konuyu anlatıp üçüncü bölümde bunları birleştirmeye çalışan tezler. Uzun ve mutlu yaşam + hayatınızın amacını nasıl bulursunuz, bulanlar nasıl bulmuş örnekleri. Kitapta Zen budizmi, Tai Chi gibi felsefesi olan öğretilerden ...more
Erbuğ Kaya
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ev-kütüphanesi
Kişisel gelişim kitaplarını sevmem. Bu kitabı Japon kültürüne dayandığı için merak ettim. Hiç ilgimi çekmedi. İki yıldız bir kaç örnek için.
Christine Hug
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Este libro era justo lo que necesitaba en este momento. Un cambio de perspectiva, un nuevo rumbo y ganas de avanzar.

En épocas de cambio me gusta buscar inspiración en este tipo de libros, más didácticos y que te enseñan cosas nuevas.

Además estoy obsesionada con todo lo que esté relacionado con Japón y su cultura, así que este libro me venía que ni pintao🤓

En este libro se presentan ideas y filosofías que han ayudado a la población japonesa a llegar a cumplir más de cien años. Analiza desde la d
Shhhhh Ahhhhh
This isn't a bad book but it's not as informative as I hoped it would be. I didn't feel that an adequate job was done of fleshing out the titular concept. It read more like a sci pop piece (in the style of Gladwell, not Pinker or Diamond) mixed with an amateur's ethnography of a blue zone. I appreciate the smatterings of references to more dense material but felt that it was haphazardly weaved together. I don't feel like I've gotten a primer on the concept, but I do feel that I've gotten a quick ...more
YaseminReads
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yıllardır bir ikigaim varmış da farkında değilmişim. Şimdi daha bilinçli bir şekilde yaşamıma devam edeceğim. ikigaimi keşfettim, mutlu olmanın kendimce yorumunu buldum. anti-kırılganlık kavramını keşfettim. mutluyum....
Aviendha
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Kitap ciddi araştırmalara dayanmayan, toplama bilgiler üzerine kurulu. En uzun yıllar yaşayan insanlar nasıl başardılar sorusunun cevabını bir kaç maddede özetlerken, sushi yedikleri yanıtını verecek kadar gereksiz detaylar sunmuş. Erken kalkın, bol bol yürüyün, kendinizi önemseyin tarzı klasik öğütlemeler derlemesi . Oldukça başarısız.
Chris
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life

Ikigai is a Japanese concept that means "a reason for being." It is similar to the French phrase Raison d'être. Everyone, according to Japanese culture, has an ikigai. Finding it requires a deep and often lengthy search of self. Such a search is important to the cultural belief that discovering one's ikigai brings satisfaction and meaning to life. Examples include work, hobbies and raising children.
The term ikigai compounds two Japanese words:
Marije
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ik zal het boek hier even samenvatten, want het is nogal lang van stof.
De enige hint in dit boek om je Ikigai te vinden, is door jezelf de vraag 'Waarom heb je nog geen zelfmoord gepleegd?' te stellen. Daar moet je bij optellen dat je gezond moet eten en voldoende moet bewegen, en in contact moet blijven met mensen om je heen, want dan word je ouder dan honderd.
Graag gedaan.
Jenny Grant
The last book I read on this topic was really inspiring and I couldn’t put it down.

I was looking forward to reading this one and was woefully disappointed.

It’s insipid, tedious and misses the point entirely.
Ran
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The book is a light dive into the Japanese concept of ikigai (fulfillment through knowing one's raison d'être) and into the "secrets" of supercentenarians (over 110 years) in Okinawa. I am not sure if it's the translation from Spanish to English that makes the book feel a little ... hmm, strange. But there's a honest determination to "live forever" in underneath the interest in the Japanese supercentenarians. It seems to at times equate quality of life with living forever as if it's the logical ...more
Pairash Pleanmalai
อิคิไก มีหลายเลม
ทีแตกตางคือเลมนีแตงโดยคนตะวันตกไมใชคนญีปุน แตเปนชาวตางชาติทีอยูญีปุนมานานจนไดสัญชาติ
จึงเปนอีกมุมมองหนึงทีนาสนใจ เลมนีจะบอกวิธีการทำใหเกิดอิคิไกแบบทีละขัน และเปนรูปธรรม จะยิงชัดเจนขึน
เมืออานไปถึงทายเลม

เนือหาจะบอกการกิน การอยู การออกกำลังกาย การมีสมาธิ

และจะมีหลายๆเรืองทีโดน ทีอาจไมเกียวกับอิคิไกโดยตรง
เชน "ชีวิตคนในปัจจุบันมักทำหลายสิงหลายอยางพรอมๆกัน ตองตอบสนองกับสิงตางๆทีถี นันสงผลใหไมไดสนใจสิงรอบขางแบบมีสมาธิ อันอาจเปนบอเกิดโรคซึมเศรา ขัดแยงกับวิถีชีวิตแบบอิคิไก"
Thomas
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ikigai 生き甲斐 is a Japanese term for "a reason for being." The word Ikigai usually refers to the source of value in one's life or the things that make one's life worthwhile.

First of all, I wish I had enjoyed this book more since it was one of my most anticipated read for this new year. I had this idea in my head that this little book would be a life changing one and that I will be able to learn a lot of useful things. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the case.

The book itself is entitled Ikigai: The Japane
Marieke
ikigai・生甲斐
zn. nut van het leven

Ik weet niet precies wat ik van dit boek vond.. Aan de ene kant vond ik het heel erg leuk en zaten er echt goede lessen in, maar aan de andere kant vond ik het soms enorm zweverig.. Maar misschien komt dat ook wel doordat ik helemaal niks heb met energiestromen door je lichaam enzo.

Dat dorpje met zoveel 100-jarigen vond ik wel erg inspirerend! Mooie adviezen gaven die mensen ook in de interviews die in dit boek zijn weergegeven.

Het einde van dit boek bevatte ve
  • Kisah-Kisah Kebijaksanaan China Klasik: Refleksi Bagi Para Pemimpin
  • How to be ferociously happy and other essays
  • The Girl Who Ate Books: Adventures in Reading
  • The Longevity Code: The New Science of Aging
  • Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World
  • Smart trader rich investor : the baby steps
  • The Dance of Siva: Essays on Indian Art and Culture
  • The Little Book of Contentment: A Guide to Becoming Happy with Life and Who You Are, While Getting Things Done
  • Fallen Leaves: Last Words on Life, Love, War, and God
  • The Gita For Children (IN)
  • This Is Getting Old: Zen Thoughts on Aging with Humor and Dignity
  • The Third Option: Hope for a Racially Divided Nation
  • Nic zwyczajnego. O Wisławie Szymborskiej
  • The Bhagavadgita
  • The Khyber Pass: A History of Empire and Invasion
  • The Malay Archipelago
  • Unbeaten Tracks in Japan
  • The Fabulous Girl's Guide to Decorum
Autor de los libros sobre cultura japonesa: Ikigai y Un Geek en Japón.

I'm the author of the Japanese Culture books: Ikigai, the Japanese Secret for a Long and Happy Life and A Geek in Japan.
“There is a tension between what is good for someone and what they want to do. This is because people, especially older people, like to do things as they've always done them. The problem is that when the brain develops ingrained habits, it doesn't need to think anymore. Things get done very quickly and efficiently on automatic pilot, often in a very advantageous way. This creates a tendency to stick to routines, and the only way of breaking these is to confront the brain with new information.” 7 likes
“Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” 6 likes