Start by marking “Terran Tomorrow (Yesterday's Kin Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Terran Tomorrow (Yesterday's Kin Trilogy, #3)

Terran Tomorrow

(Yesterday's Kin Trilogy #3)

Nancy Kress returns with Terran Tomorrow, the final book in the thrilling hard science fiction trilogy based on the Nebula Award-winning novella Yesterday's Kin.

io9--New Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books You Need to Put on Your Radar for Fall

The diplomatic mission from Earth to World ended in disaster, as the Earth scientists discovered that the Worlders were not the scientifically
Published November 13th 2018 by Tor Books

To ask other readers questions about Terran Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Terran Tomorrow

Start your review of Terran Tomorrow (Yesterday's Kin Trilogy, #3)
Denise
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Just slightly under 4 stars.

Terran Tomorrow is the third book in Nancy Kress’ new trilogy. I have been a fan of her other novels for many years because of her intricate plots, well written characters and the thought experiments that drive the plots.

In book two, If Tomorrow Comes, much of the plot occurs on World- a planet circling a distant where other humans live in peaceful harmony with their environment. Earth humans come to visit and share scientific knowledge but bring along a military
The Captain
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Ahoy me mateys! Grab your grog! On Wednesday, I reviewed book one. Yesterday, I reviewed book two. Here be book 3, the conclusion, of the sixth installment of the 3 Bells trilogy showcase! Also, I received this sci-fi eARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. So here be me honest musings . . .

While book two remains me favourite, I had to admit that this was a satisfying ending to the trilogy. Marianne and gang are back on Earth. However, the Earth they come back to doesn't resemble
Britta Böhler
After the somewhat weaker 2nd book, the third part is a strong and satisfying ending of the series.
Aiyana
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The conclusion to this fascinating trilogy is a little heavy on deus ex machinae, and I would have loved more focus on Kindred/World culture, as there was in the second book. Still hard to put down, though.
Charlie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
The ecology was sort of wonky (like, the wrong sort of trees unless the climate changed a LOT, etc) which of course no one else will notice. The ending seemed kind of odd to me in that another solution less dramatic could have worked too instead of this 'ping pong' one. But i'll leave it at that. 3.5 stars
Amazonaute
Nov 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good solid stuff. You need to start at book 1.
Carol Kean
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nancy Kress is a masterful writer, nailing Point of View and character with the depth and succinctness we expect in literary, not speculative, fiction. Not that I'm one of those who think science fiction cannot be literary.

This novel tends more toward "literary" than space opera, which means for me that it doesn't have the taut pacing and suspense of "Yesterday's Kin," a masterpiece. I love that novella. The mother and her three offspring hits close to home for me, a mother of three, no two of
Natasha Hurley-Walker
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Marginally more interesting than Tomorrow's Kin, but still somewhat dull. Almost the entire book takes place inside a pair of military-occupied domes, and the plot is the same as before: unknown virus is taking people out of action, and this provokes a frantic quest to defeat it before $external_event happens. 90% of this is occurs via Jason sitting at his desk and various people knocking on his door and then expositing the plot to him, while he gets tired, headache-y, horny, etc. Yawn.

The
Jim Higgins
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very satisfying conclusion to this SF trilogy.
FM
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The third book of the trilogy.
If you've read the first two books with interest, I won't give anything away here other than to say: you need to have read the first two books to really understand much of what is going on here.
Things I liked about this series: the focus on science, particularly biology; the frightening "near future" elements of the story; the leanness of the story (I seem to have read so many bloated books lately). On the other hand, the books were way more militaristic than I
Kend
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
TERRAN TOMORROW makes for a satisfying conclusion to Nancy Kress's Yesterday's Kin trilogy, by which I mean to say she's unerringly consistent in voice, tone, characterization, and world-building. All three books are, on some level, about engaging with the Other and reconciling the Other with existing social structures, and this book is no different. As with the previous installments, I found myself drifting rather quickly through the middling portions, as reliant as they are on play-by-plays of ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have had mixed feeling about this series from the start. I loved the novella Yesterday Kin. Was less than thrilled with the first book and felt more of the same about book two. Terran Tomorrow was not at all what I expected. Nancy Kress is good at throwing curve balls in her plots and she threw more than one in this final book of the trilogy. That is all I an going to say as anything else would have to include spoilers.

I received a free copy of the book in return for an honest review.
Kristy Conn
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was my favorite installment of the Yesterday's Kin trilogy. It has more of an emphasis on disease, genetics and evolutionary biology which might be a disappointment to some SF fans but I absolutely loved the science presented in this novel. This novel wraps up the series in a satisfying way that makes perfect sense when you think about it. I especially enjoyed the reveal at the end regarding the mysterious super-aliens that brought up so many questions throughout the first two books in the ...more
Mike
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Terran Tomorrow is the final book in Kress's Yesterday's Kin trilogy and it finishes off the trilogy very well. It could stand alone, but I think if you don't read the previous books you will be missing out.

One of the things I liked about it was it was unpredictable. It wasn't obvious what was going to happen next. This applies to the trilogy as well because although this is the last book, there is room to go on. Or may be not, because it is also a great place to stop.

A trilogy where every book
Sieglinde
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
This was probably the weakest of the series but it does wrap up the mystery of what happened 450,000 years ago. A small number of the main characters make it back to earth but earth has been rendered to a apocalyptic state of continual war and with most of the cities destroyed. The action centers around one small outpost in Monterey California where the US Army still has a small base. I don't want to spoil it but you meet some new characters and some of the old ones are still in the story. It ...more
SocProf
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my favorite book of the trilogy. It provides what I think is a very powerful conclusion to the entire story arc. It keeps on the sciency aspect of the whole story, which was my favorite aspect of this series. Character development was always a bit of "meh" for me and here too, the main character of the first book takes a back seat. But overall, I read all three books back to back because they are engrossing.
June
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not sure if the revelation at the end of the book was suppose to be a surprise but it was not and I would have liked the story to have continued to include the circumstances of book two. However, in spite of that, (and yes, I am hard on endings) I enjoyed the characters, the story itself, the ecological involvement, scientific extrapolations and the general inclusion of the various forms of the human condition.
Terri Shields
Sep 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The tension was high as were the stakes in the 3rd book of this trilogy. I felt like the direction she moved the story was believable and, as in the previous two books, she twisted a horrible situation into a blessing. I felt that the suspense and tension was built so very high that, by the end, it tumbled and fell down a hill and the story kind of broke apart. The loose ends were hurriedly tied up and ending was mostly made up of narrative.
Beth
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: foolscap-goh, sf
When the travelers to World return to Earth, things have changed so much that this is almost a stand-alone novel. Except that Margaret's character is much richer for having lived through the first book with her; I'm not sure new readers would understand all her motivations. But I liked how Kress is willing to upend thing, and I'm amazed at how understable characters such as Jason were to me.
Emily
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
The third installment of this series shows a world with a lot of troubles. Having a goldfish memory, I couldn't quite figure out why, but I also felt like the portrayal of human nature (or at least Terran nature) was particularly bleak. Always fight fight fight. Seems like there might be some answers way out there in the universe... more books?
Martin Phillips
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The finale of this trilogy was quite good. Not much actual science going on other than some biology and genetics, but the story itself was gripping and had me on the edge of my seat most of the time. And she left plenty of room for more on this story, which I hope she brings.
Rpaul Tho
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely wonderful ending to this trilogy. Something about Kress’ writing just pulls me into the story and keeps me interested throughout. I absolutely loved this series and the ending fit the story very well!
Russell Emmerson
A good read, although not as compelling as the series opener. At one point I thought I was going to put it down, but continued to find out the answer to one of the questions posed in #1.

Doesn’t disappoint in closing the series.
Gary Bunker
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I know this is the final book in the trilogy, I really want to know what happens next!

Some great exploration of biology, sociology, and the standard treacheries of humans - great stuff.
David
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kress gives us a strong entry in her on going series. While I saw several plot points coming, the ending was a nice setup for another novel.
Caroline Ingvaldsen
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
The conclusion of the Yesterday's Kin Trilogy is another engaging speculative fiction story enriched by hard science and military intrigue.
Dave Milbrandt
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
In my opinion, this is the best book of the series.
Jeff
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting , but wish I hadn’t started in the middle.
Stanley
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. The science (medical jargon) was almost too much, but I perceived.
Douglas
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a very satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. It didn't feel like much of a conclusion at all. I didn't feel like any of the characters had a good arc. All in, fairly disappointing.

• Red Moon
  • Permafrost
  • Walking to Aldebaran
  • Finder (Finder Chronicles, #1)
  • Moon Rising (Luna #3)
  • Octavia Gone (Alex Benedict, #8)
  • Ancestral Night (White Space, #1)
  • Interference (Semiosis Duology, #2)
  • Atlas Alone (Planetfall #4)
  • Here and Now and Then
  • Unholy Land
  • Radicalized
  • Reentry
  • Ark
  • Noumenon Infinity
  • I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land
  • Shadow Captain (Revenger, #2)
  • The City in the Middle of the Night
Nancy Kress is an American science fiction writer. She began writing in 1976 but has achieved her greatest notice since the publication of her Hugo and Nebula-winning 1991 novella Beggars in Spain which was later expanded into a novel with the same title. In addition to her novels, Kress has written numerous short stories and is a regular columnist for Writer's Digest. She is a regular at ...more

Yesterday's Kin Trilogy (3 books)
  • Tomorrow's Kin (Yesterday's Kin Trilogy, #1)
  • If Tomorrow Comes (Yesterday's Kin, #2)