Start by marking “Tiger vs. Nightmare” as Want to Read:
Tiger vs. Nightmare

Tiger vs. Nightmare

Tiger is a very lucky kid: she has a monster living under her bed. Every night, Tiger and Monster play games until it’s time for lights out. Of course, Monster would never try to scare Tiger—that’s not what best friends do.

But Monster needs to scare someone…it’s a monster, after all. So while Tiger sleeps, Monster scares all of her nightmares away. Thanks to her friend, Ti
Published November 6th 2018 by First Second

To ask other readers questions about Tiger vs. Nightmare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiger vs. Nightmare

Lata
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. Totally adorable story of a young tiger and her monster friend who plays with her after eating curry, then fends off tiger's nightmares. The relationship between the two is cute, and the part I found weird about this story is a moose and rhino sitting down to dinner with Tiger's parents (why would prey (moose) want to eat with tigers?). I did like the flying cars everyone seemed to have. And monster and young Tiger were kind of adorable.
Manybooks
Emily Tetri's Tiger vs. Nightmare (one of the 2019 Theodore Seuss Geisel Award honour books) presents a truly charmingly heartwarming graphic novel (meant for beginning readers, but probably not suitable for complete reading novices if they are reading entirely on their own, albeit in my humble opinion Tiger vs. Nightmare indeed is suitable for anyone both young and old), a sweetly encouraging tale about young Tiger and her best friend, a blueish fish-like monster, who not only plays with her an ...more
Emily
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics-juv
Beautiful artwork accompanies such a sweet and empowering story. Tiger learns how to handle those pesky nightmares of hers!
Lindsi (Do You Dog-ear?)
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley, wish-list
I received an ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts and opinions are my own.

We loved this! Tiger vs. Nightmare was an amazing story about friendship and conquering your fears. My son has only recently started believing that monsters lurk in the dark corners of his room, so this book was very applicable to him right now.

However, instead of Monster being something Tiger is afraid of, Monster is her friend that lives underneath her bed. They play together every evening (h
Rick
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stumbled upon this at the library I work at. It's about a tiger ... fighting nightmares... I had to read it.

And it's wonderful and delightful. I really, really enjoyed it. I may just have to buy myself a copy.
Kendall
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
What a great book for kids struggling with nightmares. Tiger and the monster under Tiger’s Bed are friends and while Tiger sleeps, the monster friend fights off all the nightmares that threaten Tiger’s dreams...until one night the nightmare is so enormous, Tiger has to help fight it off. All about friendship, facing your fears, teamwork, and not being afraid of the thing under your bed, this is a superb bedtime story for kids with colorful, dynamic artwork.
Jera Em
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was cute and a lot of fun to read. The solution to Nightmare was also solid and I liked the ally throughout as well as the ambiguity of whether the ally was "real" or not. Worth a read. ^^
Theresa
I read an ARC via NetGalley. This graphic novel for beginning readers is about a young tiger who works with the monster under her bed to scare away nightmares. The watercolor artwork was evocative, but may be a little scary for picture book readers. However, it is perfect for ages 5-8. Recommended for young readers dealing with nightmares. A quick and cute read.
BookishOwlette
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh! This was adorable! Perfect and cute! I loved it so much!

If you want a book about friendship and conquering fear.. this is it for you.

Also, the artwork is amazing.
Jillian
Nov 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was so adorable. ^.^ Wish I had a monster to fight my nightmares!
Andrea Johnston
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man oh man, ladies and gents! This book is absolutely adorable! Filled with themes of best friends, bravery, conquering your fears, and nighttime terrors, this is such a special work that should be on all bookshelves. I think one of the greatest things about this novel is its fresh take on monsters under the bed, and what it means to face your own nightmares. This work could very easily become the new textbook on managing nightmares with children because it is such an exceptional and accessible ...more
Ryan
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! Simply Amazing. Tiger has a best friend that everyone thinks is imaginary, but Tiger knows better. And his best friend is amazing. He keeps watch at night so Tiger gets a great night’s sleep. His most frightens all the nightmares away. But sometimes a nightmare is just too big, and needs more than one person to make it go away. The story is simple for even the youngest child, but it is the illustrations that make the story so great. The illustrator does an amazing job making some nightm ...more
Rebecca Davis
Tiger has a friend, a monster, that lives under his bed. His monster fights off the nightmares until he isn't able to anymore. Tiger and monster come up with a solution together. Beautiful illustrations, wonderful story line. Walks the border between a beginner graphic novel and a picture book. Recommend.
Tin Cheung
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Cute story, beautiful illustrations.

Little Tiger has become friends with her nightmare monster, whom fends off other nightmares... until one night, Tiger get a nightmare. What happened to her monster?
Heather
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So cute!!!
Madeleine Morales
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this book had me audibly gasping
Alicia
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this. It's so fun, and the characters are incredibly lovable.
Carol Tilley
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childhood, comics, kids
Love the watercolors and the creative take on a common childhood issue.
Monica
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute.
Molly
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
An adorable story of a tiger who works with the monster from under his bed to fend off nightmares. He had the power to keep the nightmares away all along!
Beth
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
After my five-year-old heard about the book Tiger vs. Nightmare (he watched the tail end of the AMA Awards with me, and this won the Theodor Sues Geisel Honor this year), he would ask repeatedly if it had arrived on our hold shelf yet! This is the perfect book for kids who have older siblings who love graphic novels; this is a graphic novel for beginning readers and my son loved exploring this one on his own and sharing it with the rest of the family (so often it’s the other way around). Loved t ...more
Erica
Jan 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Terri
Jan 21, 2019 added it
Graphic novel for younger kids, but the nightmares are scary looking! The monster under tiger's bed helps her by fending off the nightmares until one night when the nightmare is too big and scary and tiger realizes she needs to help to rid herself of nightmares and then both she and the monster can sleep!
Jillian Heise
I absolutely adored this early reader graphic novel! Such an unexpected & sweet story about facing fears. Can't wait to add to our elementary library collection!
Mandy
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
India
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Simply charming!
I want a monster under my bed to fight nightmares with me!
Aliza Werner
Early graphic novel about fighting off nightmares.
Ana Calabresi
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lovely story about nightmares, monsters under the bed, and courage. Tiger is supposed to be a courageous animal, but this little one is afraid of nightmares. With the help of her friend monster, they fight the nightmares. Until one day she is courageous enough to face her own mind and get rid of the nightmares for real. The art is gorgeous!
Mackenzie Keffer
A sweet story of friendship, bravery, and nightmares. Tiger is super cute and so is her monster. I can how this is a good story to read if your child is struggling with nightmares
Kend
Sep 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes a monster is the only ally you need in facing down the dark. In Tiger vs. Nightmare, Tetri resurrects dreams of childhoods past, when the monsters under our beds were as exciting and interesting as they were scary, and when imaginary friends felt as real as our own parents. I found myself aching to pull out Calvin and Hobbes as I thumbed through the beautiful, sweet illustrations. Tiger and Monster's friendship is one of protector and protected, until along comes a nightmare so power ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Cardboard Kingdom
  • The Creepy Case Files of Margo Maloo
  • Star Scouts
  • Hippopotamister
  • Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea  (A Narwhal and Jelly Book #1)
  • A Trip to the Bottom of the World with Mouse: TOON Level 1
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • My Kite Is Stuck! And Other Stories (Duck, Duck, Porcupine)
  • All's Faire in Middle School
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Little Mouse Gets Ready: TOON Level 1
  • Mighty Jack and the Goblin King (Mighty Jack, #2)
  • Benjamin Bear in Bright Ideas