Start by marking “Dream Keeper (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dream Keeper (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #1)

Dream Keeper

(The Dark Dreamer Trilogy #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  16 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The Sandman is seventeen-year-old Nora’s closest friend and best-kept secret. He has to be, if she doesn’t want a one-way ticket back to the psychiatrist. It took her too long to learn not to mention the hooded figure in her dreams to her mother, who still watches Nora as if she’ll crack. So when Nora’s friends start mysteriously dying gruesome deaths in their sleep, she i ...more
288 pages
Expected publication: January 29th 2019 by The Parliament House

To ask other readers questions about Dream Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream Keeper

Candace Robinson
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Right off the bat, I was extremely intrigued by this book. I've read three other stories by Duell, so I knew the writing was going to be flawless and the story would be unique. I was not disappointed!

First off, I'm going to say I don't get scared or need a blanket when reading a dark or creepy book. Instead, I'm more like, heck yes that was awesome! And there was a whole bunch of fist pumping with the nightmare descriptions!

The book is told in dual POV, and I already knew Sandman would be my fav
Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of splintered, fans of coraline
Whoah! Fans of Neil Gaiman, Splintered [by A.G. Howard,] and Nightmare on Elm Street, look no further. Your next read has arrived...or sort of, coming to a bookstore near you in January '19! ;D

A book about the Sandman, and the Weaver? Sign me up! I loved Sandy from Guardians, but my *favorite* was Pitch, and if you loved him too I can promise that you'll love Weaver! I'm also a huge fan of Splintered by A.G. Howard and this filled a void for me, the world building is epic as well as eerie, and
Kalyn Josephson
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this book! It's just the sort of fantastical escape that I enjoy. The dream world Amber creates is so beautiful and terrifying, the villain compelling, and I can't even being to describe the ending. Let's just say I need book 2 immediately. If you're a fan of dark fantasies, this one's for you.
Amanda (MetalPhantasmReads)
*I received an ARC of this book for the Rockstar Book Tours blog tour for an honest review. My review is posted after the tour is over due to the tour's guidelines. All thoughts and opinions are my own and no quotations will be used*

Oh man I'm bummed that I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought :/ I just had a few things that were annoying, overly dramatic and just not what I had hoped. A review will be posted on November 5 on the blog and the link will be here once the review is live.
queen0f_hearts
Oct 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, 2018

Before I start: By Parliament Press, I was provided a free copy in exchange for my honest opinion.

How do I put it? This book was quite meh. Of course, it was entertaining and worth reading to some degree but I think it could have been so much more! The premise of the book, especially the Sandman lured me and I felt so very intrigued to read this story. I expected him to be a mysterious character in a magical world. I wanted all the impossible, I mean, it’s the Dream World! But what did I get?

T

Maggie
Sep 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs, ebooks
Thank you to the author for the free copy. It’s much appreciated.

Here’s the thing. I really like this book. But I also got a little bored towards the end and skimmed. The story is great. Very creepy in the best way possible. I was loving the imagery and how grotesque it could be at times. It gave me some Nightmare on Elm Street vibes, which is always a good thing!

Nora has dreams where she sees the Sandman, and this has happened for a long time. They are a weird sort of friends. But it gets more
Jessica Julien
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book blew me away! I was addicted to it from the very first chapter and had a hard time putting it down. Duell does an exceptional job pulling the reader into the world of Dreams and introduces us to a darker concept of the night world where nightmares seep into reality. Her take on the Sandman is brilliant and I loved every second of it.

The characters are very relatable and unique--they each have their own personalities that lead the story and with a little bit of romance, it makes the sto
Georgia
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review. I'd never read a book about the Sandman before and I'll admit, I was intrigued at first because every time I read the word "Sandman" in the blurb, the Metallica song "Enter Sandman" kept popping into my head and I took that as a sign to read it. The four stars isn't to say I didn't like it as much, but I might have nightmares because some of the scenes were so vividly written. My heart breaks for Nora and I hope that she has the strength to remain her ...more
MB
Sep 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story had me entranced since the moment I started reading it, and my love for the Sandman is limitless.
Janice perry
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nice, creepy story. I should have saved it for October. Great story, interesting characters, creepy, nightmarish creatures.
Loie
Oct 18, 2018
Sona Via
Oct 01, 2018
Katherine Paschal
Every night Nora visits the Sandman on the beach in her sleep. He is her best friend, greatest confidant, and escape for the last five years- but he does not exist, and if her family found out she was still "seeing him" then she would become permanently medicated to fix her mental instability. But recently, it seems like even more strange things have been going on outside of Nora's dreams, things that make her wonder if she really is crazy. What Nora does not know is that the Sandman is real and ...more
Reveriereader
mith
Mar 18, 2018
Laura (midorireads)
Mar 18, 2018
Amber R. Duell is a native of Central New York but currently lives in Mississippi with her husband and two sons. She survives on caffeine and baked goods. When not reading or writing, she enjoys snowboarding, embroidering, staying up way too late to research genealogy, and discovering real-life adventures.

The Dark Dreamer Trilogy (3 books)
  • Dark Consort (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #2)
  • Night Warden (The Dark Dreamer Trilogy, #3)
“For every light, there was a shadow, for every dream, a nightmare.” 1 likes