Start by marking “A Pack of Blood and Lies” as Want to Read:
A Pack of Blood and Lies

A Pack of Blood and Lies

(The Boulder Wolves #1)

The primal rule of winning: don’t fall in love with the contender.

Three months shy of her eighteenth birthday, Ness is forced to return to Colorado. Even though it’s been six years, and the wolves of her all-male pack don’t recognize her, she recognizes them. People who shun others because of their gender are hard to forget.

Especially Liam Kolane—son of Heath, the crudest
Published April 18th 2019 by Twig Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Pack of Blood and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pack of Blood and Lies

Start your review of A Pack of Blood and Lies
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
At first I was going to give this 2 stars or dnf, but I kept going and I'm glad. I think it was my mood and not feeling the story at first, because I'm a HUGE werewolf fan. I mean I have always wanted to be one so........

Anyhoo, this is a story about Ness who/whom was shunned when she was a little girl and forced out of town with her mother. Things happen and when Ness is a teen the pack drags her back home to Colorado. <-- Not literally

I love Ness as a character; she's loving and kind but a ba
Aisling Zena
18/4/19

Release Day ! Out now and Free on Kindle Unlimited!

Review posted 1/2/19

I just love shifter books. Werewolf ones in particular. And this definitely satisfied my need for one. I tend to be a mood reader. I follow that mood where it leads, though sometimes it can be a pain and indecisive as heck. Reading this one however was a pleasure. I don't usually go for YA books, the blurb has to peak an interest in me and this one certainly did that.

description

Ness Clark is a few months away from bei
Carrie
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
A Pack of Blood and Lies by Olivia Wildenstein is the first book of the new The Boulder Wolves series. This is the beginning of a young adult romantic paranormal fantasy series of which is probably obvious by the title and series names features Werewolves.

Right before her eighteenth birthday Ness has to return to Colorado and her pack which she had run from years before. The Boulder Wolves were an all-male pack with the exception of Ness. Being the only female born to the pack in years Ness was
Olivia Wildenstein
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Enemies to lovers anyone? 🐺♥️

>> https://readerlinks.com/l/567042
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 "I missed shifter stories" stars

Years ago I read Rose Petal Graves and was really taken by that story. It mixed legends, thriller, small town and fantasy. The author really created a gothic atmosphere. Her characters were mysterious and in all shades of grey.

When Olivia Wildenstein messaged me to ask if I would be interested in getting a copy of A Pack of Blood and Lies I read the blurb and I was on board immediately!

She has been very patient with me as it took me months before I had an openin
Alaina
I received this ARC from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

A Pack of Blood and Lies was such a good book. It did, however, take a bit to get into. I'd like to blame the characters because they just kept making me flip flop throughout the book. I did have a ship though, Ness and Liam. It took forever for them to actually become that thought. Mostly because Liam was a little man whore.. and Ness was just adorable and feisty.

This book definitely delivered a bunch of good twists and turns.
Sam
Apr 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
Firstly, thank you to the publisher, author and NetGalley for the eARC in exchange for an honest opinion. This is definitely an honest opinion.

TW: Rape (mentioned), Suicide (attempt), Abusive Relationship disguised as Protectiveness, Misogyny, Bad Language

Bechdel Test: Passes

2019 is the year that I’m saying no to toxic and unhealthy romances (in fiction and real life).

Ness is a werewolf who was chased out of her home, Boulder, and her pack, The Boulder Wolves, at age 11. Though they’re not tec
Ashley Daviau
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book came out of left field and totally surprised me. I absolutely loved this story and couldn’t get enough of it. As soon as I started I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough, all I wanted to do was devour this book! I really loved the whole concept and the way the werewolves were presented, it was really interesting and had me hooked. I really enjoyed the characters as well, the ones I loved and the ones I loved to hate.
Danielle's
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A pack of Blood and lies was soooo good! When I first started reading this story we got off to a bit of a rocky start but a couple of pages in and I was totally hooked! I can’t wait for more! This is a full length story with no cliffhanger but the author has promised more.

Ness is a pack out law. Her mother was forced to leave with her and start a new life in LA. They were getting by but life was great. At seventeen, Ness’s mums dies and her now guardians turn up to take her back to the life she
Athena (OneReadingNurse)
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to NetGalley and Twig Publishing for the eARC in exchange for an honest review!

The world and story:
The world is modern day Colorado and Wildenstein did a good job describing pack history throughout the book. This is my first werewolf/changeling book and I still had some questions about their motivations, but I was satisfied with the amount of background for now. I read the whole thing in about two sittings, the story definitely kept me going. The little murder mystery aspect was as in
Esther
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I was so surprised by this book and also by my own reading-speed. I finished the book in 5 days and it's not a small book. That's also a compliment to the author, because the book is easy and pleasant to read.
I can't wait to read more from this series! Will definitely follow this author.

A longer review can be found at Bite Into Books

I'm pretty sure that any Fantasy/YA lover will like this book. It's su
ʙᴇʟʟᴀ.: ☾**:.☆*.:。.
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!).

In A Pack of Blood and Lies, we follow Ness, a wolf-shifter girl that was banished from her pack in her childhood and now, at almost eighteen she is forced to come back to her old town by her family.
I thought the concept was good. Ness is the only female shifter born in the pack and I enjoyed that she tried to fight her way into being part of the group. I had no problems as how it started although it was a
♛ Garima ♛
Rating:
3 stars

Trigger:
Rape (Vaguely mentioned but multiple times)
douche alert

Short review:

I saw this on netgalley but never requested. But PNR with werewolves are my favorite genre to read, so once I found that this is on kindle-unlimited, I decided to give it a go.
I haven't read much female werewolves, maybe just one in Night Create series and she became my absolute favorite. No one can top Elise as she-wolf. But I had to adjust my expectation because while Elise is full grown adult, Ness
Lou
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Pack of Blood & Lies is a surprisingly compelling young adult/teen fantasy novel about fierce, unrelenting she-wolf Ness who challenges the alpha males in a pack she was once part of, vying for the top spot despite this traditionally always being a male role. This makes it a timely and topical tale and one that, I must admit, had me taken back in that it was more profound than I had imagined books such as this to be in the sense that it challenged gender stereotypes and even toxic masculinity ...more
Karen  ⚜Mess⚜
The title A Pack of Blood and Lies fits this story well. It was the title and the cover that grabbed my attention.

The story is about a 17 year old girl named Ness who is forced to move back to Boulder and her old pack after her mother's death. There she meets up with childhood pack mates and is thrown back into pack drama.

Olivia Wildenstein spins a tale full of mystery and lies. I was captivated as the pages flew by. There were several surprises along the way.

Looking at future titles a

Crooked English
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
The book was good. The story didn't have as much of an impact as I expected it to. That may be because I recently read Bitten by Kelly Armstrong and liked it a lot. So I was kind of comparing both the books for a while.

As for the characters, I loved all of them. They seemed complete and it was clear what each character stands for.

***I got my copy via NetGalley.
Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This book was Ok until it went sideways at the end. I don't understand how she's in a relationship with Liam now, they had zero chemistry. Zilch. August on the other hand I could see. I read the blurb for the other books and I can already see it's going to be a triangle of epic proportions so the rest of the series is a hard pass for me.
Kathy - Books & Munches
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Werewolves! Teenage me starting dancing the moment I found out because those are and always will be one of my weaknesses in books - that and vampires because doh. In any case, the werewolves weren't overly present but they didn't have to be. I loved the way they were there and part of the plot without being all-important.

Speaking of plot.. There was a lot going on! Several sub-plots mixing with the general one to the point of me losing track of everything at some point. Although I have to say..
Ruthsic
Apr 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
Warnings: mention of rape, mention of suicide, self-harm (blood used for ritual), domestic abuse, physical violence, gun violence, animal death, mention of female foeticide, derogatory language towards sex workers

Right before I started the book, I thought to myself - hey, I haven't read a werewolf book in a long time, and while this does mention alpha males, let's see how it goes. And reader, barely a quarter into the book and I remembered WHY I haven't picked up werewolf books recently. It has
Ash †Reviews of a FearStreetZombie†
I want to rate this more than 5 stars.

I can't freaking breathe! Oh my gah!!! This book was so good! Usually, I'm not a fan of wolf/werewolf books (other than Quinn Loftis books) but I shouldn't be shocked that I loved this book just as much!

Olivia never fails to capture a readers attention! Of all the books of hers I have read, none have ever let me down! My only regret was that I waited so long to read this book!! I'm ashamed of myself for that. Lol

Oh man this book was so full of tension! Thro
BookSteff
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Pack of Blood and Lies is an amazing story following Ness, a werewolf shifter, who is forced back to her old home in Colorado. Unfortunately for Ness things aren't a seamless transition as she finds herself shunned by her old pack, and discounted for being born a girl.

I don't want to spoil too much so I won't, but the only thing that absolutely needs to be said about this book is how great it was! To say I loved it would be a complete understatement. I engulfed it in one sitting, and wish I h
Brianna Belbin
This was a great start to The Boulder Wolves series! Ness and her mother were shunned from their pack because she was a female. She’s forced to return, but no one recognizes her anymore. The alpha of the pack has died, so his son, Liam, is unopposed to become the new one until Ness decides to challenge him. She believes he’s just as evil and vile as his father, but there’s more evil in people you’d least suspect. The trials that she had to go through to compete for the pack leader position were ...more
Minx
What really drew me into A Pack of Blood and Lies was the mystery element but I also liked the main character, Ness, and felt for her plight. She was definitely not missing the pack from Boulder and for many, many, many good reasons. The only reason she even allowed herself to be taken back there was because of her love for Evelyn, the only person that she cared about in her messed up world, and the threat that was made against her safety. Going back to Boulder was everything that Ness had been ...more
Christa
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Ness is 17, living on her own after she and her mother fled from the pack and her mother died of cancer. When her uncle comes to take her back to Colorado, she doesn’t want to go. The former Alpha who raped her mother is dead, but his son is going to be the next Alpha. She is determined to hate him, and challenges him for the position as Alpha.

I really wanted to like Ness, but I just didn’t like her as a main character. She really gets in her own way. I’m all for a woman challenging the patriar
Shannon
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you to the publisher—Twig Publishing—for giving me an e-ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

You can also read my review here

“Just because your muscles aren’t as big doesn’t mean you’re weak, Ness.”

Ness was the only she-wolf in Boulder pack. They treated her differently because of her gender until one day, she has to move away. An occasion made her go with her uncle and aunt to live her previous life close to the pack. She hated it at first but then she found a purpos
Angie
"Do you...feel anything for me...besides contempt?
"Would it change anything if I did?"
"It would change everything."
--Liam & Ness

5 EPIC what-the-fuck-just-happened stars!!

I don't even know where to start my review for this book. I guess I can begin by stating that the title for this novel is 100% accurate--there was so much bloodshed and so many lies and half-truths and twists that kept me wholly invested in the story and intrigued the entire time. The characters were all so multi-faceted and fa
Amina Ibrahim
A pack of blood and lies by Olivia Wildenstein is a YA paranormal fantasy about a girl, Ness who is not afraid of anything that comes her way and tackles an All-male pack all by herself.
When Ness's father was killed, she appealed to the Alpha, Heath Kolane to accept her into the pack but was denied because of her gender. Boulder pack, being an all-male pack didn't like Ness as she was the only girl in the pack and with her father dead, didn't waste time kicking her out.
Now, after six years her
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
“Kissing Liam Kolane felt like running through a starlit field in my wolf form—the purest form of power and sensation there existed in this vast, dark world.”

My first book by Olivia and it certainly won't be the last (I've already 1-clicked the next in the series). Great characters, amazing plot line and brilliant writing!
One reader said something about Tamlin and Rhys from the Acotar and now I want to know what that's got to do with Liam and August!!
Loved it!
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Pack Of Blood and Lies by Olivia Wildenstein is the first book in a new series. After years away from the place she grew up in Ness returns with her uncle, aunt and cousin.

At the beginning I had some trouble getting in to the book but after a couple of chapters I was hooked. I loved this story and I can't wait to read the next book!
Emmy
I really liked this, but too bad it sounds like the rest of the series is some love triangle crap.

But anyway, this one. I loved Ness, who tried to come off as this strong, sarcastic wolf, but was really this insecure teenager that just wants to be accepted.

The book wasn't perfect in some of the execution (some details weren't clear to me), but I loved the evolution of Ness and Liam's story and relationship.
New Adult Book Club: #81/18 A Pack of Blood and Lies by Olivia Wildenstein 20 60 Nov 03, 2018 04:26AM

• Shifted Fate (The Wolves of Forest Grove Book 1)
  • After Darkness Falls (After Darkness Falls, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Blackwood: Book 1
  • Wolf Claimed (Supernatural Sanctuary)
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • Tooth and Claw (Kootenai Pack Book 1)
  • Betrayed (Magi Rising, #1)
  • Trial by Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #1)
  • Academy of Shifters: Werewolves 101
  • Knight (Sons of the Alpha, #1)
  • Half-Blood (Darkblood Academy, #1)
  • Blackwood: Book 2
  • Fortune Favors the Cruel (Dark Maji, #1)
  • Supernatural Academy: Year One (Supernatural Academy, #1)
  • Blood Trial: Supernatural Battle (Vampire Towers #1)
  • Wolf Called (The Last Shifter, #2)
USA TODAY bestselling author Olivia Wildenstein grew up in New York City and earned her bachelor’s in comparative literature from Brown University. After designing jewelry for a few years, Wildenstein traded in her tools for the writing life, which made more sense considering her college degree.

When she’s not sitting at her computer, she’s psychoanalyzing everyone she meets (Yes. Everyone), eaves

The Boulder Wolves (5 books)
  • A Pack of Vows and Tears (The Boulder Wolves, #2)
  • A Pack of Love and Hate (The Boulder Wolves, #3)
  • A Pack of Storms and Stars