Start by marking “Fated (Relentless, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fated (Relentless, #6)

Fated

(Relentless #6)

Christian Kent has many labels – warrior, protector, friend, lover – but the one label he never wanted was mate. In his lifetime, the only girl he has ever loved, was the one he couldn’t have. He left her to protect her heart, but his own will always belong to her.

As a girl, the one person she believed would never hurt her broke her heart. Now a warrior, she’s loving life
Published February 1st 2018 by Karen Lynch

To ask other readers questions about Fated, please sign up.
Thalassa, Yes, I definitely think so. It will help you understand the world much better, and besides, the characters have all been introduced before. Furthermor…moreYes, I definitely think so. It will help you understand the world much better, and besides, the characters have all been introduced before. Furthermore, there are very big spoilers regarding the other books.(less)

Start your review of Fated (Relentless, #6)
Annika
description

Huh.
I guess it's the books you're most excited about that have the power to disappoint you the most. I mean, I ended up rating this one 3 stars. 3 stars isn't bad at all. And still I'm feeling oddly sad right now.

There wasn't one big salient issue that ruined the book for me. It was more of an accumulation of little things that didn't fully satisfy me.

Take the female lead, Beth. Beth in warrior mode was amazing. Insecure, lovestruck Beth, however, not so much. All her melodramatic antics regardi
Bookadmirer
I was excited for Chris story. He always lightens the mood in the previous books, always making fun of Nicholas about Sara. It was entertaining to see Nicholas now doing the same to him. I enjoyed their friendship.

The friendship between Beth, Jordan, and Sara was cool. Mason was a true friend to Beth. The way he supported and protected her at the beginning was great.

I was suspicious of Adam, I thought the demon might be using him, but when It was revealed Adam is the main villain I was shocked.
Muse-ic ♬
3.5

I can't say I enjoyed this as much as the others. It was still delicious and fun, but it was a bit lacking.
I think it's because we spent three books developing Sarah and Nikolas' relationship and we only had one book for Chris.
I wish we could have gotten more development, and perhaps a longer book. Also, I feel like the conflict was just a repeat of what happened in book 3.

Despite all this, I really want a book for Jordan!!!!!!!!!! And Desmund!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Antonella
2,5 stars
skipped some chapters because I was bored
which is so sad as I loved the first four books of the series
this is the different leading couple with the hero who appeared in previous books and it was a lovable character ...
ana almanzar
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing books

I love it. This book have what I was missing from the books I was reading. The humor between all the action makes it worth our time. Can’t wait for Jordan next.
Ivusha (Tenebien)
I wasn't as excited about this as I'd been about the original Relentless trilogy. It was focused mainly on the romance and less on the action and the whole thing felt just meh. 3 stars, because we met all my favorite characters. :-)
I have to say this was one of my most anticipated releases, because Relentless trilogy is my favorite, but sadly I felt like this book didn't deliver. I know, right? How is that possible? I love Dimples!
But I could do without the angst (yeah, he hurt you, Beth, we ge
Nikki Jefford
Dec 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Early read for fun copy from my dear friend, Karen Lynch.

Fans of the series are going to love this exciting new installment!

Nonstop thrills, fun, and romance. Having the Relentless gang back together feels like reuniting with treasured family members—ones who know just how to tickle my funny bone. Team Mohiri has a kickass new addition . . . and Chris is about to get more than he bargained for. Not only is their love fated, it’s smoking hot!
HazelStyxx
Some brutal honesty here. I’m very disappointed in this book. I absolutely adored the first 5 books of this series! Like they took over my life because I loved them so much.

Since the original four were so amazing, I fully expected this book to be just as good. Not don’t get me wrong, I love this series and this world, but this story almost felt like an easy way out. The fans had been demanding more stories from Lynch, and it almost feels like she just threw one together without putting in the sa
♦♣ Queen of Faerie ♠♥
Yeahhhhh...

I think from the start this book was going to lack potential. It's hard to write a book that engages the audience that has the same plot as the previous four books, just with different characters.

In all fairness to the author, the writing was really good and I probably would have enjoyed this more if I had not read the first four books first. That was the problem. The plot is exactly the same in this spin-off.

However, if you have not read Sara and Nikolai's story, it's a very good se
Kalli Bunch
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haha I liked this book. I always did like her characters. Her men may be a little cavemanish when they find their mates, but her females are always strong, independent warriors. Even when they're traumatized, they stand up and make stuff happen. I like a story where the female is kicking butt. ...more
Jessica
Mar 04, 2018 marked it as wishlist  ·  review of another edition
Bored out of my mind...Might try to get back to this one at some point but at the moment I just can’t be bothered.
thevintagechronicles
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
not my favorite in the series, sadly. Chris is sweet, and I'm happy he has found his mate. Beth is a worthy edition to the gang.

I predicted the big ' crescendo' the second it was introduced, so that was a big bummer, but it happens to me a lot.

the trauma that occurs felt a tiny bit skimmed over and the healing a bit to rushed to me to be credible.

my favorite thing about this book though was the bonus story, taking us back, once more to some old favorites, Nicholas and Sara. yay!

it's good, an
Tasha  Ní Mhiacháin
Lučka

Sometimes you read a book and love its side characters so much you wish they'd have their own book. And sometimes when that finally happens you wish it didn't. This is one of those times.
I'm a huge fan of this series, but sadly this one didn't work out for me as I hoped.

I loved Chris in previous books, he had so much personality but here he was just a shadow of his former self. The chemistry between him and Beth - the heroine, was nonexistent in my opinion.

Beth, Beth, Beth. "shakes head" She had
Jemimah  Zafoune
Karen Lynch has created another masterpiece which has drawn me in to the world she's created. I've been enchanted from the very first book she wrote in this series and Fated is no different. The characters and the stories and the world that this author has built is just so amazing and realistic that I've really felt I'm right there alongside the characters experiencing everything they do. I've fallen in love over and over again with each book she's released.

Fated was just amazing and I loved rea
Susan Wilson
This is the weakest book in the whole series (which I love) in my opinion. The whole thing felt quite rushed when compared to Roland’s story in the last book which I loved. I’d agree that the story was a bit predictable as soon as certain characters appeared. Beth annoyed me at times with how she reacted to certain situations but I suppose at least it elicited a reaction!
Overall even with the above I did enjoy it but it won’t be one I read again like the other books.
The bonus scene I did enjoy
B.A. Wilson
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, paranormal
I love these two. They are so perfect together. It makes my heart melt, and the plot is interesting.

PREVIOUS REVIEW:
I never expected Christian's series to be so sweet and emotional, but it's also full of fierce warriors and crazy demon escapades, which keeps the story hopping along.

This series is fantastic. I hope it never ends.

Book 270 read in 2018

Pages: 288
Meredith R.
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Talk about a book hangover!

Goodness I don't even know where to start.... I love the relentless series You could say i'm slightly obsessed just borderline unhealthy obsessed...each book gets better and better and sucks you right in. Karen is a true master of her craft... I want to go to every place described in her stories and interact with all the people. She out did herself yet again. Fated was just out standing... I've waited for Chris's story since we were charmed by his dimples in relentless
MJ
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, 02019, 2018-2
Awe, I love all this world! I hope this isn't the last book. I'm so glad we got to see Chris paired up, and I have to say that while where she came from wasn't even a little bit of a surprise... the rest was. As for the relationship/romance v Sara & Nikolas? These two are good, but Sara & Nikolas still win ;)

And the book worked... BUT, I don't remember so many 'hint and skip' style of scenes in the first few books. By that I mean the characters would say 'oh, we are so going to go/see/do that' a
Lesley
3.5, but I will round up because all of Karen Lynch’s books are a cut above the rest. Fated, while likable, just doesn’t have quite as much chemistry as its predecessors.

Plot:
Chris develops a bond with Beth, a girl he rescues as a child.

Characters:
A lot of people don’t like that this is not the Chris we remember from the previous books. He didn’t have that special quality that made him such fun. He was actually very serious and pushy. Beth could have been a great character. Like Jordan, she was
Kristy Mills
Yup still great. This series has blown me away. It's hard to compare this couple with Sara and Nikolas, but I still really enjoyed this one too. ...more
Arceli
Soaring Up High
I FREAKING LOVED Fated. Karen Lynch is one my all time favorite paranormal/urban fantasy authors. I throughly loved reading her Relentless series and the following companion books, but each books of hers keeps on getting better. And, Fated was my favorite.

Chris has always been my favorite character in the initial trilogy and throughout the series. He so laid back and friendly. Plus, he is the best friend of Nikolas Danshov. And with the introduction of a female character we never
Boundless Book Reviews
Fated is just as brilliantly written, like the rest. Relentless is an addictive series that will leave you on your toes and fill your heart.

I’ve loved Chris since the beginning. His lighthearted banter with everyone always stole my heart, and I wondered who is Chris? With Fated you get that chance, and you get to see who his mate is. And she’s an amazing strong Mohri, with Boundless strength. The love they have for each other holds no bounds. There is a reluctance at first, because of their prev
Sandra
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars Bland and kinda boring because I just couldn't bring myself to care about Chris or Beth or their relationship. I wanted to cause I loved books 1-3 and Emma & Roland's story but I just DID NOT CARE. Chris' POV felt incredibly generic. There was nothing about it that made Chris' personality stand out. And Beth. Oh Beth it maybe my age but your constant wailing about how Chris done you wrong & broke your heart was annoying. It made me feel she still hadn’t matured enough to actually be in ...more
AK Mama Reads
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't exactly nervous to read this book, but Chris is my favorite and you always get a little anxious when an author decides to give you an entire novel on what is a secondary character in a series. But, this was an unfounded anxiety, because just like she did with Warrior, Karen Lynch gave us a whole new side to our man! I really enjoyed the banter of course, but getting more history was maybe my favorite part. And more Chris. Hello he's the best! I'm so glad I took a chance to continue this ...more
Mackisha
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Chris's story, I kind of knew where it was headed in the story line though. I was just expecting something different. I still loved the book. Even the extra part. 😍😍😍 No spoilers here. 😂😂 ...more
Alex
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved loved loved this book!!!!!

And the bonus scene?????? AWESOME!!!!!
Amy
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, but it felt a bit less gripping than the others. Maybe since the characters already knew about everything happening and already knew each other? Regardless- I hope for so many more amazing books like this from Lynch!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Knight (Fae Games Book 2)
  • Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six #1)
  • (Mis)fortune (Judgement of the Six #2)
  • (Un)wise (Judgement of the Six #3)
  • (Sur)real (Judgement of the Six #6)
  • (Un)bidden (Judgement of the Six #4)
  • Clay's Hope (Judgement of the Six Companion Series #1)
  • (Dis)content (Judgement of the Six #5)
  • Soar (The Immortal Chronicles #3)
  • Crash (The Immortal Chronicles, #2)
  • Devour (Devoured, #1)
  • Significance (Significance, #1)
  • Defiance (Significance, #3)
  • Rapture (The Immortal Chronicles #4)
  • Kindred (The Watcher Chronicles, #2)
  • Independence (Significance, #4)
  • Consequence (Significance, #4.5)
  • Focus (The Crescent Chronicles, #2)
Karen Lynch is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.

She grew up in Newfoundland, Canada - a place rich in colorful people and folklore to which she attributes her love of the supernatural and her vivid imagination. She moved to Charlotte, North Carolina years ago and was immediately charmed by the southern people but she says she will always be a newfie.

Though she loves supernatural

Relentless (8 books)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1)
  • Refuge (Relentless, #2)
  • Rogue (Relentless, #3)
  • Warrior (Relentless, #4)
  • Haven (Relentless, #5)
  • Hellion (Relentless, #7)
  • Relentless (Relentless, #1-7)