Start by marking “The Inbetween Days” as Want to Read:

The Inbetween Days

From the author of Something Like Happy comes an uplifting and emotionally compelling novel about a woman in a coma fighting for a second chance at life, love and happiness.

Rosie Cooke is “in between.” In between consciousness and oblivion. Life and death. And though some say that when you’re near death your entire life flashes before your eyes, Rosie can’t remember anyt
Published January 22nd 2019 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Inbetween Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inbetween Days

Berit☀️✨
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, net-galley
An uplifting life affirming story about the little things in life!

WOW! This book was an unexpected gem of a story! A book about how it is the little things in life that can make the biggest impact... how sometimes your small actions can influence not only your own life but that of others... how little acts of kindness can spiral into big successes... just think about it the next time you give that stranger a smile it might alter the course of their life and for the better... kind words to a str
Julie
Guest review for Harlequin Junkie. Pub date 2019

Kendall
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods was beautiful, brilliant, and uplifting!

How can I describe this book? It truly makes you appreciate being alive and what life has to offer each and everyone of us.

Eva Wood writes an emotional story that hits close to your heart with words that flow ever so beautifully across these pages. I was intrigued and pulled in by page one. The art to her words that create such beautiful imagery as you read each and every page.

The storyline is absolutely heart-breaking. M
Rebecca McNutt
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

The Inbetween Days is like a much deeper and better version of If I Stay, and right from Page 1 it makes it clear that the story's going to be good. Eva Woods has a talent for not only writing from the point-of-view of one character, so everything around Rosie comes to life. Background fixtures like an office worker up in his skyscraper and Dot, a kind ghostly woman who drifts in for a visit, get their moments whereas in other books they mig
Amy
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haven’t we all wondered, “what if?” at some point in our lives? What if I had said something different, what if I had done something else, what would my life be like today? Would it be the same or would these decisions (both big and small) have altered the course of my life? At it’s core The Inbetween Days explores these types of questions, but it’s so much more than that, it goes much deeper.

I read Something Like Happy well over a year ago and it was a book that really resonated with me, the ki
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
4.5 Stars

The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods is a heartfelt story of love and redemption. The dual timelines and alternating points of view make the book interesting. Rosie, the main character is very relatable and the theme of family is strong in this contemporary novel.

Full Review on The Candid Cover
Sherri Thacker
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my 2nd book by Eva Woods. Her book Something like Happy I gave it 5 stars. So I was excited to started on this one. This book was great! I could not put it down! Another 5 star book!!

I’ve read a couple of books similar to this where someone is in a coma and she/he hears everything people are saying around her or him but the doctors don’t know if she/he can or not. It always has me thinking if this really does happen. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me this book for my h
ʚϊɞ Shelley ʚϊɞ
She just floated in the gray, the halfway, the in-between.

Let me start with the writing style. Eva Woods managed to create this lyrical tone in the book that made the words flow off the page. She created deep emotion in a short time and created a story that hits close to home, regardless of who you are or the experiences you have had.

The story itself was absolutely breathtaking. To have to go through what Rosie does is heart wrenching. The decisions she has to make and the things she has to se
Diane
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Inbetween Days by author Eva Woods is BRILLIANT! It is one of the most thought-provoking books I have read this year. The character of Rosie is in a coma after being hit by a big red bus. Did she fall in front of the oncoming bus, or did she intentionally walk into the path? Those are a couple of the questions you will have as you read The Inbetween Days. Rosie can hear the words which are being spoken over her hospital bed, but she is not able to wake up or move. She hears the doctors tell ...more
Out of the Bex
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad, not great. Somewhere inbetween.

In 2017 I chose Eva Woods precious work, SOMETHING LIKE HAPPY, as one of my picks for best contemporary books of the year. Naturally, I was eager to give her latest a try.

Woods has a unique voice that is startlingly uplifting, relatable, and humorous in the face of unfortunate circumstances. She has a way of making you laugh while you cry. That’s a gift.

That same shining voice graced the pages of THE INBETWEEN DAYS, but the story itself lacked some of her
Wendi Lee
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m a sucker for sister stories, so I was excited to receive an ARC of The Inbetween Days. Rosie and Daisy are barely speaking to each other when Rosie is involved in a tragic bus accident, and ends up in a coma. Daisy becomes terrified that Rosie tried to take her own life, and mourns their strained relationship. Rosie, on the other hand, embarks on a Christmas Carolesque review of her life.

Both sisters are compelling characters, and I was definitely curious to see where Rosie’s memories took
Christina Claypool
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Page turner. I couldn't put it down. I was almost instantly hooked and fascinated by the main character, Rosie, and began rooting for her from the beginning. This is rather unusual, as It is often difficult for me to connect to contemporary fiction, because I write inspirational fiction myself. That said, this novel was a bit outside of the genre I am used to reading or writing, which normally is either inspirational or faith-based.

Of course, my personal spiritual beliefs about the afterlife di
Tanja ~ T's Book ~ KT Book Reviews

Instagram
Guylou
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
The Inbetween Days

QOTD: Do you believe in destiny? Please tell me why you do or you don't?

My Review:
Thank you @harlequinbooks and @goodreads for this advanced copy of The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods.

Rosie is in a coma after being hit by a double-decker in London. She is conscious but can't remember anything about her life prior to the accident. While in her hospital bed, she is visited by different people; some alive and some dead. They are trying to help her remember her life and come out of the coma. She has th
Christine Moore
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I rarely talk to my husband about books. He doesn't read and just doesn't get my love for books. This book was on my mind so much I had to tell him about it. I loved this book! Rosie was hit by a bus. Was it accident or did she mean to walk in front of it? As Rosie lays in a coma, people from her past visit her and relive some of her memories with her. Rosie's life has been hard. As she relives her memories, she needs to decide if she will wake up. I loved Rosie and her sister Daisy. The charact ...more
M.
Jan 20, 2019 added it
Shelves: good-reads
It was a good read.
Michelle Kidwell
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

by Eva Woods
HARLEQUIN - Graydon House Books (U.S. & Canada)
Graydon House
Women's Fiction
Pub Date 22 Jan 2019

I am reviewing a copy of The Inbetwwen Days through Graydon House and Netgalley:

Rosie Cooke is in between consciousness and death. Some say that when you’re near death your life flashes before your eyes but Rosie remembers nothing at first not even how she ended up in a coma, not at first anyway.

Before long some strange starts happening, Rosie starts visiting moments f
Booksandchinooks (Laurie)
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I was engaged in this story from the beginning until the end. Rosie has been hit by a bus - literally and is in a coma. What is so frustrating for her is she can hear what is going on around her. Occasionally she can see a tiny bit but as hard as she tries she can’t fully wake up or move to show she’s aware of everything. As she lies there she is visited in her dreams by people she has known who have died and learns things that make her want to be a better person if only she c ...more
Gloria ~ mzglorybe
Publication date: Jan 22, 2019
Graydon House Publishing

Happy release day to Eva Woods. I found this work entertaining and thought-provoking, eliciting a kaleidoscope of emotions.

This novel transpires over a period of 3 critical days. Rosie Cooke has been hit by a bus. She now lies in a coma and the doctors fear that if she doesn't awaken within a period of 3 days her chances of coming back without serious consequences are few, if at all. The question is, was it an accident or was she trying to
Wendy
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book begins with an event that is a possible suicide or a possible accident: a girl steps off of a curb into the path of an oncoming bus. As this girl, Rosie, exists in a coma, her family gathers around her trying to make sense of why this has happened. As they gather, episodes from the past come to a head as they try to understand Rosie's life and choices. Meanwhile, Rosie visits her memories with a bunch of spiritual guides, a she tries to reclaim who she is and what choices she has made. ...more
Leslie M.
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’ve never read anything by this author in the past, but the blurb sounded interesting. Sadly, the story didn’t grab me as much as the blurb did.

Rosie is in a coma after being hit by a bus. The question is whether it was an accident or intentional. Unfortunately, Rosie is unable to answer that question. She can hear others talking, and even see people some of whom are no longer alive and remind her of her past, painful memories. Will they cause her to wake up?

The story has themes of love, family
Dawn
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Oddly, the second book I've read almost back-to-back that features a woman in a coma who can hear everything. This one is something of "A Christmas Carol," what with the ghosts from her past ushering her through memories of her life in an attempt to prove to her that her life was pretty darn good. I thought the spinning dial used to indicate the date of each memory was hokey and unnecessary. Truly, the time period could have been done within each memory, or maybe wasn't all that important anyway ...more
Heidi
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Clever premise for a novel and one that motivates readers to self-reflect about what truly matters and the fragile human condition. I also appreciated the modern twist on a character's opportunity to revisit one's past and examine the details, choices and outcomes of all the moments that shape who we are and how we live our lives. Brilliant characterization, poignant introspection and overall a moving story that I won't soon forget.
Many thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for a complimentary
Denise
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The Inbetween Days is a novel about a woman in a coma fighting for answers and second chances. Rosie is stuck in between consciousness and memories. After being hit by a bus, Rosie struggles to make sense of her past, her memories, and what her future will be. Unsure what to make of the memories that come flooding in, Rosie must decide whether to fight for her life or to let go of what is lost.
Highly recommended.

*I received an advanced reader's copy of this book in exchange for my honest revie
Tamara Morning
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: The Inbetween Days
Author: Eva Woods
Genre: Fiction
Rating: 4 out of 5

Rosie Cook wakes up in a hospital, having been hit by a bus, but no one knows she’s awake. Everyone thinks she’s in a coma, on the verge of death. Rosie can’t remember anything: who she is, what her life is like, or how she got hit by a bus. She just knows she wants to live.

Then Rosie starts remembering things: a fight with her sister, a walk on a beach, the day her brother was born. But why these memories? And what do the
Marta Ratliff
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the In between days! I have never read Eva Woods before. Now I will be looking forward to many more from her! I do not want to spoil this book for anyone. This book shows that no matter how much we think our life is a failure, that in reality along the way we are making a difference in someone else's life. For anyone that needs to be reminded how good life is, this is the book for you. A feel good ending! Reminds me a little of A Christmas Carol.
Sheila Samuelson
I won this book on Goodreads back in November but this book didn't hit store shelves til Jan 22nd 2019.

This was my 1st book to read by Eva Woods, I love the setting it was like A Christmas Story theme minus Christmas in it. It was about 2 sisters 1 of whom got run over by a bus when she was 15 years old.

I cryed through many parts of this book but still loved it. I will definitely read more books by Eva :)
Tracey
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: libby
"None of us can exist without each other".

This book was part "A Christmas Carol", part "It's a Wonderful Life". Another reminder that life is short, too short to be unhappy. And all paths cross for a reason, sometimes we never know that reason or are even aware it made an impact on someone. So remember, use your time with people wisely. If you love someone, tell them. If you're sorry for something you said or did, apologize. It's all so simple, isn't it?
Carol Rennie
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from this author, and I loved it. Thank you so much for the ARC through Goodreads.
This is a story about love, family, forgiveness, choices that are made and the impact of how our own actions affect each others lives - family, loved ones, friends and even strangers.
Paula Pugh
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am still in awe of this novel. It is beyond a moving, emotional journey that your heart foes on as you travel through the memories of a young woman in a coma. Reading of the mess that she saw of her life, of the pain she inflicted on others and of how her very existence and mistakes caused such ramifications for others is amazing to the senses.
This is truly a not to miss novel.
« previous 1 3 next »
  • I Invited Her In
  • Vintage 1954
  • A Justified Murder
  • Once a Liar
  • The Perfect Alibi (Robin Lockwood #2)
  • Stone Mothers
  • The Things We Cannot Say
  • Hope on the Inside
  • The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal
  • Savage News
Eva Woods lives in London, where she writes and teaches creative writing. She likes wine, pop music, and holidays, and thinks online dating is like the worst board game ever invented.