Start by marking “The Inbetween Days” as Want to Read:

The Inbetween Days

From the author of Something Like Happy comes an uplifting and emotionally compelling novel about a woman in a coma fighting for a second chance at life, love and happiness.

Rosie Cooke is “in between.” In between consciousness and oblivion. Life and death. And though some say that when you’re near death your entire life flashes before your eyes, Rosie can’t remember an
Published January 22nd 2019 by Graydon House

To ask other readers questions about The Inbetween Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Inbetween Days

Start your review of The Inbetween Days
Berit☀️✨
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley, 2018
An uplifting life affirming story about the little things in life!

WOW! This book was an unexpected gem of a story! A book about how it is the little things in life that can make the biggest impact... how sometimes your small actions can influence not only your own life but that of others... how little acts of kindness can spiral into big successes... just think about it the next time you give that stranger a smile it might alter the course of their life and for the better... kind words to a str
Julie
Guest review for Harlequin Junkie. Pub date 2019

Kendall
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods was beautiful, brilliant, and uplifting!

How can I describe this book? It truly makes you appreciate being alive and what life has to offer each and everyone of us.

Eva Wood writes an emotional story that hits close to your heart with words that flow ever so beautifully across these pages. I was intrigued and pulled in by page one. The art to her words that create such beautiful imagery as you read each and every page.

The storyline is absolutely heart-breaking. M
Rebecca McNutt
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book in a Goodreads giveaway.

The Inbetween Days is like a much deeper and better version of If I Stay, and right from Page 1 it makes it clear that the story's going to be good. Eva Woods has a talent for not only writing from the point-of-view of one character, so everything around Rosie comes to life. Background fixtures like an office worker up in his skyscraper and Dot, a kind ghostly woman who drifts in for a visit, get their moments whereas in other books they mig
Amy
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haven’t we all wondered, “what if?” at some point in our lives? What if I had said something different, what if I had done something else, what would my life be like today? Would it be the same or would these decisions (both big and small) have altered the course of my life? At it’s core The Inbetween Days explores these types of questions, but it’s so much more than that, it goes much deeper.

I read Something Like Happy well over a year ago and it was a book that really resonated with me, the ki
Sherri Thacker
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my 2nd book by Eva Woods. Her book Something like Happy I gave it 5 stars. So I was excited to started on this one. This book was great! I could not put it down! Another 5 star book!!

I’ve read a couple of books similar to this where someone is in a coma and she/he hears everything people are saying around her or him but the doctors don’t know if she/he can or not. It always has me thinking if this really does happen. Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me this book for my h
Andrea
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
“None of us can exist without each other”

Thoughtful, inspiring and downright fun. I really like this spunky author!
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
4.5 Stars

The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods is a heartfelt story of love and redemption. The dual timelines and alternating points of view make the book interesting. Rosie, the main character is very relatable and the theme of family is strong in this contemporary novel.

Full Review on The Candid Cover
ʚϊɞ Shelley's ʚϊɞ Book Nook
She just floated in the gray, the halfway, the in-between.

Let me start with the writing style. Eva Woods managed to create this lyrical tone in the book that made the words flow off the page. She created deep emotion in a short time and created a story that hits close to home, regardless of who you are or the experiences you have had.

The story itself was absolutely breathtaking. To have to go through what Rosie does is heart wrenching. The decisions she has to make and the things she has to
Rick
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was wavering between 4 and 5 stars but the ending clinched it for me. Good story, excellent characters and relationships. I suspect that not too many guys will read this....
Myreadingzen
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
It's hard to imagine what it would be like to be in a coma for most of us. Then add on if you're in one due to being hit by a bus and everyone, including your family are left wondering if it was an accident or deliberately.

This is exactly the emotional and heart breaking story the author so brilliantly writes of main character, Rosie. Though the book goes back and forth between her point of view, it also tells that of her younger sister Daisy. Who is an important character who is also dealing w
Julia
Aug 01, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book on the whole, it had a good, if sad, storyline, the characters weren’t annoying and it was very readable. The ending was very predictable but then I don’t think it would have worked the same if the ending had the other outcome it could have done!
Diane
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
The Inbetween Days by author Eva Woods is BRILLIANT! It is one of the most thought-provoking books I have read this year. The character of Rosie is in a coma after being hit by a big red bus. Did she fall in front of the oncoming bus, or did she intentionally walk into the path? Those are a couple of the questions you will have as you read The Inbetween Days. Rosie can hear the words which are being spoken over her hospital bed, but she is not able to wake up or move. She hears the doctors tell ...more
Out of the Bex
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Not bad, not great. Somewhere inbetween.

In 2017 I chose Eva Woods precious work, SOMETHING LIKE HAPPY, as one of my picks for best contemporary books of the year. Naturally, I was eager to give her latest a try.

Woods has a unique voice that is startlingly uplifting, relatable, and humorous in the face of unfortunate circumstances. She has a way of making you laugh while you cry. That’s a gift.

That same shining voice graced the pages of THE INBETWEEN DAYS, but the story itself lacked some of her
Wendi Lee
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I’m a sucker for sister stories, so I was excited to receive an ARC of The Inbetween Days. Rosie and Daisy are barely speaking to each other when Rosie is involved in a tragic bus accident, and ends up in a coma. Daisy becomes terrified that Rosie tried to take her own life, and mourns their strained relationship. Rosie, on the other hand, embarks on a Christmas Carolesque review of her life.

Both sisters are compelling characters, and I was definitely curious to see where Rosie’s memories took
Christina Claypool
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Page turner. I couldn't put it down. I was almost instantly hooked and fascinated by the main character, Rosie, and began rooting for her from the beginning. This is rather unusual, as It is often difficult for me to connect to contemporary fiction, because I write inspirational fiction myself. That said, this novel was a bit outside of the genre I am used to reading or writing, which normally is either inspirational or faith-based.

Of course, my personal spiritual beliefs about the afterlife di
Matthew Galloway
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
In a way, the book feels like a facebook meme to me. But! I don't mean this in a bad way. It's more that it centers around a concept that is important to so many people, that is shared again and again because it matters. But rather that being a little blip you can scroll past, briefly nodding in agreement, this novel gets into a but more depth. There's a light mystery with the amnesia and the did she or didn't she...? There's a little bit of a supernatual feel. There are many words devoted to fa ...more
Penny
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
I really enjoyed this quirky book by the author of How to be Happy.
Rosie stepped out in front of a bus and was knocked into an alternative dimension (so to speak). But was it an accident or did she do it on purpose?
Why can’t she remember? And worse still why can’t anyone see that she is perfectly alright!
Of course you will have to read it to see the comings and goings of Rosie’s mind trying to remember the ins and outs of her chaotic life.
Lucy Hay
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book with a fantastic message that never once falls into preachiness, icky sentimentality or blaming people for their hardships. I related so hard to the characters and story I burst into tears reading this book in the middle of a crowded pub. The big burly barman practically RAN AWAY from my table when he collected my glass - I think he would rather have been wrestling live rattlesnakes than dealing with me!!! Treat yourself and read this book, STAT.
Guylou (Two Dogs and a Book)
The Inbetween Days

QOTD: Do you believe in destiny? Please tell me why you do or you don't?

My Review:
Thank you @harlequinbooks and @goodreads for this advanced copy of The Inbetween Days by Eva Woods.

Rosie is in a coma after being hit by a double-decker in London. She is conscious but can't remember anything about her life prior to the accident. While in her hospital bed, she is visited by different people; some alive and some dead. They are trying to help her remember her life and come out of the coma. She has th
Gloria
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary-lit
The main character, Rosie, is in a coma after stepping in front of a double-decker British tour bus in London. Accident or suicide? As family members and friends gather around her hospital bed, this question is at the center of each person's grief, guilt and fear. This is a heartfelt story where all types of relatable relationships have gone wrong. Can each relationship be repaired?

Even though Rosie is in a coma for 99% of the book, she is an active character. She can hear the people in the room
Christine Moore
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
I rarely talk to my husband about books. He doesn't read and just doesn't get my love for books. This book was on my mind so much I had to tell him about it. I loved this book! Rosie was hit by a bus. Was it accident or did she mean to walk in front of it? As Rosie lays in a coma, people from her past visit her and relive some of her memories with her. Rosie's life has been hard. As she relives her memories, she needs to decide if she will wake up. I loved Rosie and her sister Daisy. The charact ...more
Cassidy (Cassidys.Bookshelf)
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
**4/5**
Beautifully written and makes you appreciate your life regardless of it's downsides. Full review to come.
Andria Matasan ❤️
More than a 5 🌟 for me!
M.
Jan 20, 2019 added it
Shelves: good-reads
It was a good read.
Richard Janzen
Jul 12, 2019 rated it liked it
A coma provides the vehicle for 2 sisters to look back on their lives and decide how to move forward. Read a bit too much like a long YA novel, but still enjoyed it.
DiNKi Reads
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I loved this book, I was moved beyond belief and I really felt I learned something from reading about Rosie's struggles and the struggles of her family.
Dana
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
The Inbetween Days is absolutely breathtaking! I could not put this book down. Really makes you stop and think about your life as a whole, your past, present and future. The wording on the cover "sometimes you have to look back to move forward" could not ring more true for this beautiful book. I loved how the story alternates between Rosie and her sister Daisy, how well everything is explained and the reader becomes personally invested in both of these women's lives. It isn't often that a book m ...more
Natalie Edwards
Not my cup of tea

The book seemed to drag and a lot of the storyline was predictable. It felt like the moral of the story was too spoon fed throughout the book.
Clwseattle
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
When I picked up The Inbetween Days I expected it to be like Now That You Mention It by Kristen Higgins.

Nope. It was nothing like that. The Inbetween Days is more similar to The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom.

There is no soft, gooey fluff in The Inbetween Days. It's a story like a storm or a crash you see coming. It hurts your heart because you can't avoid it nor help anyone else avoid it. It is a painful storm of expectations, dashed expectations, unvoiced dreams, painful memorie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Lives We Touch: The new uplifting, funny and wise read from the Kindle bestseller
  • The List That Changed My Life
  • Every Colour of You
  • The Woman Downstairs
  • Five Steps to Happy: An uplifting novel based on a true story
  • After the End
Eva Woods lives in London, where she writes and teaches creative writing. She likes wine, pop music, and holidays, and thinks online dating is like the worst board game ever invented.

News & Interviews