Start by marking “Makeshift Ghosts (The Last Throne Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Makeshift Ghosts (The Last Throne Book 1)

Makeshift Ghosts

(The Last Throne #1)

Most claim that the castle library is the most haunted place in the realm of Ye'shurun. But Devirah and Azaryah know better. They're the ones who've scared both rulers and servants away, using magic they have fought to keep secret. But when a special book is stolen, they must risk their hidden magic to get it back. For the book is precious, but outlawed, by penalty of deat ...more
Published December 11th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Makeshift Ghosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Makeshift Ghosts

Start your review of Makeshift Ghosts (The Last Throne Book 1)
Emma
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two mysterious, shapeshifting beings, Devirah and Azaryah, reside within a library. The play at being ghosts, keeping out unwanted visitors - which is pretty much everybody. Today it's the turn of two busybody servants sent to clean the "haunted" library. But when one of the servants takes a most valuable book, scaring them away becomes more than just a game. There's more to the library than meets the eye, and a dark history is revealed.

This fantastical tale unfolds slowly, and despi
Liv Archer
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Intriguing from the very first sentence! A fascinating tale of mystical fantasy that goes beyond legend and lore, this story catches the eye of the dreamer. I was hooked on the backstory and rules of society. Emotions carried by the characters were well-delivered and the story flowed with a richness that beat goes with a hot cup of tea and a cozy blanket.

Wonderfully complex, refreshingly original, and satisfyingly sharp!
Jun 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
I like the premise of this book and the magical beings that the author created. I appreciated the emotional aspects of the story, though I wasn't personally moved by it.

The setting and history of the story weren't entirely clear to me, but I got the gist.

I'm not sure what this book needed in order to get a higher rating from me, but I definitely can't give it more than a 3.
Debby Cash
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
At first this seems a light-hearted tale but it evolves to become one that is quite poignant. Hopefully there is a fuller tale that will examine the past and the futures of the characters.
paul ross
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable

I greatly enjoyed the varied description and unique names of the characters. The ending made me curious and left wanting for more.
Barb VanderWel
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Cheryl Jones
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Adventure

This book gets you introduced to a warm hearted series of ghosts that might me mischievous, yet with the intention of guarding something very precious, the children. Fun to read.
Riddhi
Jan 23, 2019
James
Mar 23, 2019
Removing books from dashboard 1 2 Jan 22, 2018 06:18PM
A. R. Peters is passionate for the natural world and for seeing the broken find healing; especially victims of human trafficking. Because of these two passions, the author can usually be found in a variety of places: studying for a master’s degree in counseling, gardening, or living in adventure by exploring the mountains, forests, and waters of the Pacific Northwest. Learn more about A. R. Peters ...more

The Last Throne (2 books)
  • In The Fowler's Snare (The Last Throne, #2)