Start by marking “The Outside Child” as Want to Read:
The Outside Child

The Outside Child

All of Chenille Abrams' dreams came true the day she married NFL star Brayden Carpenter. He's the down-to-earth, loving, and protective man she never thought she'd find. And with her own successful career, Chenille plans to be more than just a famous athlete's wife. She's determined to balance work, marriage, and motherhood, as the couple awaits their first child . . .

Published August 28th 2018 by Dafina Books

To ask other readers questions about The Outside Child, please sign up.
Valarie Truthfully I did not like her at all. I liked the fact that she was independent and was looking for a "baller" to take care of her but other than that…moreTruthfully I did not like her at all. I liked the fact that she was independent and was looking for a "baller" to take care of her but other than that I didn't like the way she came off. She only redeemed herself at the end of the book.(less)

Start your review of The Outside Child
Jazmen
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
If I could describe this book in one word, it'd be: meh.

Brayden is a budding NFL player at the time he meets Chenille. She's this chocolate sista, with sass, attitude and a growing business.

Brayden is the kind of guy that doesn't fit the expectations of what an NFL player to be like. He's not described as being very large. I get the impression he's kind of regular, degular-- just fit. He's not running around with a bunch of women. He's kind and seems personable.

He meets Chenille and falls in
Tiffany Reads
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, definitely not what I expected!

Full review to come closer to the publication date.
Michelle Lindo-Rice
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could sum up this book in one word, it would be Wow. Tiffany Warren has navigated outside the Christian fiction genre with a very different and entertaining tale of marriage, love and forgiveness. The Outside Child is a slow build with strong, relatable, if not always likeable, lol, characters with a genuine love for each other. All I can say is that The Outside Child was not what I expected but it had some powerful elements and themes that had me gobbling up this read in hours.

Compelling
Rosie J.
4.5 Stars

When Chenille meets Brayden, a professional high profile athlete I totally understood her hesitation in getting involved with him. Brayden knows what the wants and he wants Chenille. Chenille is not so sure because her main focus is to growing her business. She doesn't want to lose her independence or deal with the "anything goes" groupies.

Chenille was very alpha and controlled the relationship. Brayden catered to her. It really bothered me on the number of compromises he had to make
Valarie
Oct 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Although I typically enjoy her books, this one was not at the top of my list. First the title is somewhat misleading as (spoiler alert) the outside child didn't show up until the last 2 chapters of the book and she caused absolutely no drama as you would expect from the suggestion of the title. Secondly, I did not like Chenille at all so I couldn't connect. I really liked everyone else except her and she is on of the main characters. I even liked Marilyn better and she was a mess. As her friend ...more
Taminika Washington
Humble Beginnings

This book presents the reader with a twist un...well, imaginable. There were several lessons that could be learned here. Love. Loss, selflessness, crisis, forgiveness, Faith and humble beginnings.
Cassandra Johnson
A great read

This book has left me wanting more. Brayden is the man that every woman dreams of. The story is filled with love and is reminds us that marriage is for better or worse.
Diamond Jones - Cox
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. In the beginning I didnt like Chenille. Further into the book her drive and independence changed my view. I recommend this book to read. Its also great for a book club selection. ...more
Kathy
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Outside Child by Tiffany L. Warren is a captivating novel about a marriage that is tested by always being in the public eye and later, a tragic loss that pulls the couple apart instead of bringing them closer.

Chenille Abrams is not looking for love when she meets popular football player Brayden Carpenter.  In fact, she has no idea who he is and when she finds out, she is skeptical about his intentions. However, Brayden quickly proves he is looking for more than a one night stand with a
T. Beasley
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
One business woman, one NFL player, what could go wrong?

I couldnt wait to jump into the Chenille Abrams story in the outside Child by Tiffany L Warren. Chenille is an independent business woman known as a fabulous makeup artist. She lands a job for a big celebrity in Jamaica and doesnt want anything to go wrong. At her hotel theres a mix up with her room, but a knight in shining armor saves her and her friend, Kara from sleeping in the lobby.

Braden Carpenter is an NFL star with a different
Shannan Harper
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was made aware of the author because she wrote Christian Fiction. When I heard she was starting to transition to Women's fiction, I was excited and a bit nervous, wondering if was going to be so far off I wouldn't be able to read and support her future works. I am glad to say, this was not the case. Even though it's not Christian Fiction, this book was wonderfully executed and well read. As you're reading, You will experience just about every emotion available,and then some. There were several ...more
Hyacinth
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: african-american
I have binge read Tiffany Warren's books for the last month. So when I heard about this book, I was highly anticipating being over the moon with this book. I kept waiting for the accelerated heart racing etc...nothing. This one didn't have any bells and whistles for me. I was heartbroken about little Quincy. I felt sorry for Brayden. Chenille worked my nerves seriously. Marilyn made my teeth itch. Surprisingly, I liked Brayden and Chenille's fathers. They were traditional father figures. I loved ...more
Shone
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pride is a dangerous pill to take or give, but if you can find forgiveness out of pride you have beat the odds. Ms. Warren took us on an emotional ride, well written and thought provoking. My question when I finished reading; was what would I have done? Waiting on the next book from Ms Warren.
Antoinette Pack-Smith
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I finished it in less than four days. I listened to it thorugh RB Digitial and the narrator was really good. Honestly, I cried quite a bit while driving and listening. There were some heart wrenching moments. (I won't give away anthing) I had mixed feelings about Chenille; I understand not wanting to lose yourself as a wife but she took it overboard. Brayden was a good husband despite some of his faults. This book was a reminder of how God works in mysterious ways. I ...more
Angela Lackey
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Family for life

This book showed great character and faith. This book showed that family should be put first when going through, good times, hard times, and most of all trying times. This book was about praying your way through tough situations. Brayden and Chellille showed that marriage isn't perfect but if you work, pray, stand by each other and forgive it can work.
I really enjoyed this book. It made me laugh, cry and most of all relate/learn how to be more compassionate. I recommend this book
Mary
Chinelle and Brayden, what a ride! She, a business woman, he a NFL player, met by chance and later married. She was very selfish and I did not like her until the end. I felt sorry for them at the loss of their child. The outside child made up for everything. A vey good story and a must-read.
Nakia Savoy
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brenda Dahmer
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Read

The Outside Child was a good read of a believable circumstance resulting from one foolish mistake. The positive side was Chenelle and Brayden's willingness to take responsibility and put the pieces of their broken lives together. I love a happy ending.
Patriciaw
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So enjoyed this book that explores the relationship between a makeup artist and an NFL player as they deal with the demands of his celebrity while being a two-income couple and eventually the needs of a sick child. When tragedy strikes, Chenille and Brayden must grieve, heal and find a way to move forward, which gets an unexpected help from what at other times would only be considered a deal breaker.
Char (1RadReader59)
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an interesting book from the time I read the blurb/synopsis. I was curious to see how the author was going to work out this dilemma.

This is a story about Chenille Abrams a late twenty-something all-natural Ebony woman who is a makeup artist. To some Atlantas rich and famous. She gets a gig in Jamaica at a music festival working on some artist that will be performing. Her best friend and assistant Kara, mess up the booking of the hotel and they are left without a place to stay at the
Loraine
Dec 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!!

This one is packed with love, friendship, redemption, and faith. This is not your regular type of book. From the beginning to the end I couldnt stop reading!! It was so good. Get ready for a great ride. Tiffany did her thing. 💕
Michelle
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book! It kept me on an emotional roller coaster. Truly enjoyed it!
Carol Hornsby-mccoy
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There was so much given in this book that would make great topics for a book club. The union of a husband and wife, selfishness, forgiveness, betrayal and the healing power of God. AWESOME! I could have finished this book in one day, but it was dealing with so many different issues I wanted it to liger on to give me a chance to just take all of this in. (Yea , I know its just a book) But its reality! Chenille, not many women would have stood in your shoes and walked the walk you walked, till ...more
Misty
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Brayden and Chenille met by chance at a vacation resort in sunny Jamaica. Shes looking for a room that had never been booked, Brandon the big NFL star who had an already paid for suite. Brandon saves the day by offering her his hotel suite and the games begin. Shes there on business, hes looking to capture her attention. The story goes through each step in their relationship. Marriage, having a sickly baby who needs immediate medical attention at birth to relationship trauma and drama. ...more
Gay Harris
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having been cheated on before, Chenille always expected the worst. She did not want to lose her identity nor depend on Brayden's fame and money for her existence. It was important that she make her own way. Chenille was resistance to Brayden but love prevailed.
Chenille's expectations and fears came to fruition. She feared pregnancy but accepted it and embraced motherhood with a sick child. Tragedy struck anyway. While she wanted to blame Brayden only, she accepted her part in it.
Brayden's
Lee Holden, E.
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the characters and storyline. This was a well written book. Brayden and Chenille are a complicated match. They were both selfish in their own way. This couple managed to make it through the storms of their life. I recommend this book.
Shavonna Futrell
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Chenille Abrams on her way to becoming a very successful makeup artist meets NFL Star Brayden Carpenter and falls head over heels in love. Chenille has no desire to become one of those ballers wives who does not work and just lives off her husband, she is determined to balance her career, being a wife and a mother.

This story really deals with a lot of family issues, even though this book is not identified as Christian Fiction it showed a lot about faith and forgiveness. I cried several time
Kiera
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Outside Child is an emotionally moving book, I fell in love with Brayden and Chenille's marriage and interactions, but wanted to strangle them at times. The storyline is relate-able, believeable, and the characters are well-developed. It has the right pinch of "oh no he didn't" mixed with "Girl, yes he did" and "Lord, what's going to happen next?" I'm a long time fan of Tiffany Warren, and once again, she didn't come to play with us. Old and new readers alike will love this book, I'm sure, ...more
Laurie
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful, serious story of married life between two strong-willed people. There is much love, but also struggle and strain.
Driven apart by a disastrous accident, one partner at some point assumes the task of trying for reconciliation. The tension that can build between two people is well described as is the importance of trying to be sensitive to each other. This couple who truly care for each other, will find harmony in a way they never could have imagined.
A great an interesting
Deborah Arrington
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

What a compelling storyline. From the first page to the last, the emotions, the love, the craziness just kept the pages turning. To find a man to love so completely that he feels the connection ordained by God. Chenelle drove me crazy, I could u understand her not wanting to lose her identity, it they both needed to learn to com.indicate better. The real challenge came with the ?lose of Qhincy, for which they both held so acvountability. Fantastic Is Warren, thank you
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Book in Room 316
  • Better Late Than Never (Reverend Curtis Black #15)
  • Envy (Seven Deadly Sins #2)
  • More to Life
  • If Only For One Night
  • Remembrance
  • One House Over (The Neighbors #1)
  • Seeking Sarah
  • Influence
  • Love in Catalina Cove (Catalina Cove #1)
  • Ethic 2
  • Greed (Seven Deadly Sins #3)
  • The Winter Reunion (Restoration Series Book 1)
  • Let Me Show You (McClain Brothers #3)
  • The Sunday School Teacher
  • Over the Fence (The Neighbors #2)
  • Love Despite: A Christian Romance (Faith in Love Book 3)
  • The Winter Wedding (Restoration Series Book 2)
Tiffany L. Warren, is an author, playwright, songwriter, mother and wife. Her debut novel What a Sista Should Do, was released in June of 2005 and has ministered to over 50,000 readers. Her second book, Farther than I Meant to Go, Longer than I Meant to Stay was a national bestseller. In 2006, Tiffany and her husband, Brent, founded Warren Productions and released their first gospel musical. What ...more