Start by marking “Flowers (The Lady of the Vineyard #2)” as Want to Read:
Flowers  (The Lady of the Vineyard #2)

Flowers

(The Lady of the Vineyard #2)

When her husband leaves to fight in the war, Adele feels even more lost and confused. In a new, less-than-ideal place in a frightening, less-than-ideal time, she flees to the garden with her daughters, determined to make their new house a home, even if it is from the outside in.

Battered by her own inner turmoil and scoffed at by those close to her, Adele seeks to make some
Kindle Edition
Published January 13th 2018 by Kellyn Roth

To ask other readers questions about Flowers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flowers

Kellyn Roth
The sequel to The Lady of the Vineyard, Flowers, continues to the story of Adele, Troy, and Judy. This short story is clean historical fiction, this time with the Christian themes I chose not to include in the first book.

~Kellyn Roth, author
Abigail McKenna
Such a sweet little story! I read the first book in September of 2017, and I enjoyed it, but I think I liked this one more. The story of Adele's redemption was so sweet, I love Troy so much, and the example of the flower garden was lovely. My only issue with this book is that Judy seems a little mature for her age... but maybe that's just me and I haven't met a mature seven-almost-eight-year-old. Idk. But yeah, I really enjoyed this story, it made me smile and made me sigh, and I applaud the aut ...more
Faith
After reading an early version of this story on the author's blog last spring, I jumped at the chance to review the published version. And I was not disappointed. :)

Flowers is a very sweet story, and I dearly enjoyed it. I read The Lady of the Vineyard back around the time of its release and, while I liked it, Adele was not a favorite of mine. I liked Judy. I loved Troy. But I just couldn't really relate to Adele.

This short-story did a great job of making Adele more easy to connect to for me. I
Daisy Paquet
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exactly what I expected of Kell- beautiful. And I do love the banters.
Hanna
I loved the ending, and Adele's thought process. I loved her need to 'fix' something, hence her flower garden. Her constant banter with Troy, however, was slightly annoying to me. I like banter, but when this couple didn't truly love each other, it seemed like they bugged each other, but took it lightly. They even jested with each other when they discussed serious subjects, like salvation.
Since this was a short story, there wasn't much else to like or dislike. I'm sure that I would have liked i
Angela R. Watts
I LOVED THIS LITTLE STORY. I am like squealing and smiling and AHHHH! This story is so sweet, so true, and so downright GOOD. I love how so much simple truth can be put into such a small story. It meant so much.
A. Harrison
Last read of 2018.

RTC
Abigayle Claire
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edited
Very touching themes from a unique family situation. I enjoyed reading from both the parents' and daughter's perspective and seeing Della find herself. How the title weaves into the story is also very well done. I suppose I should read the first one now that I've edited this one for Kellyn so I have all the context ;P
Emily Yager
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great short story in this series. This one is about Adele. Whom, I honestly wasn't fond of in the pervious stories. Though this one does a good job of showing Adele transform for the better, and she even became likeable.
There are some deep themes in this story, but it is so light, and sweet that it makes this an enjoyable read.
Loretta Marchize (on hiatus)
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rtc
RTC when I get on a computer
BayRay
Flowers, the short story sequel to The Lady of the Vineyard, is the perfect end to Adele's story. She begins to change in the first book, but this is the book where she undergoes the true transformation. She really begins to care for people - Judy, Camilla, even her mother and yes, Troy. :)

This book is full of deep stuff. It's written in a sweet, simple way - even a child could understand it. It's somewhat flowery (um ... guess why? No, just kidding; this book isn't packed with descriptions of f
Sarah Briel
Rating: 3.5

I thought I'd end up loving this (Adele! Troy! Judy! My peoples! My children!) but eh ... I didn't? Don't take me wrong, I liked it I just didn't fall in love with it.

It was a nice short story with a nice message and I loved the banter but ... that felt like it was about everything in it. We didn't get a lot of much else and I'm not sure what I expected (like ... Sari ... it's a short story ... literally ...???) but it just didn't ... satisfy me per se.

It wasn't too much of a proble
Julia at Lit Aflame
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Flowers is the sequel to the Lady of the Vineyard, giving us a peek at Judy, Adele, and Troy’s life after being united again as one family. I really loved the message and personally, I believe this was my favorite out of the series, maybe because it seemed to have more of God in it. This is a sweet, short read safe for any age, packed with a message this world needs to hear more of!
Faith
Arwen
Jun 18, 2018
Kaylin Fischer
Jul 05, 2018
Christian Beta Re...: Christian Historical Fiction (short story/novelette) 5 17 Sep 11, 2017 08:30PM

Kellyn Roth has been writing stories since she was seven, though she wrote quite a few (awful) poems and songs before that. Nowadays, she pens Christian & Historical Fiction, including lots of adorable children and mischievous animals - as well as a generous dose of BBC-style drama.

Miss Roth lives in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge with her parents, two little brothers, crazy border collie

The Lady of the Vineyard (2 books)
  • The Lady of the Vineyard  (The Lady of the Vineyard #1)
“You don’t have to change. You have to be changed.” 12 likes