Start by marking “Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)” as Want to Read:
Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)

Rich People Problems

(Crazy Rich Asians #3)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  113,655 ratings  ·  8,038 reviews
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
Esquire Best Books of 2017
Kirkus Best Fictional Families of 2017

Kevin Kwan, bestselling author of Crazy Rich Asians (soon to be a MAJOR MOTION PICTURE starring Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Michelle Yeoh and Gemma Chan) and China Rich Girlfriend, is back with an uproarious new novel of a family driven by fortune, an ex-wife driven psychotic with je
Published May 1st 2018 by Anchor Books (first published May 23rd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Rich People Problems, please sign up.
Susan
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  113,655 ratings  ·  8,038 reviews

Start your review of Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3)
Larry H
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes the best antidote for the craziness of the world is reading a wacky book. (It leaves my head clearer than drinking would, anyway.) Kevin Kwan's Rich People Problems , the third in his Crazy Rich Asians series, was just the ticket. Campy, a bit melodramatic, and utterly outrageous, Kwan's tales of three generations of Chinese families, set mostly in Singapore, provides a hysterical glimpse into how the ultra-rich live.

"Peel away the veneer of wealth and sophistication and you'll find
Julie
Rich People Problems by Kevin Kwan is a 2017 Doubleday publication.

Hilarity and intrigue merge to create yet another wildly entertaining installment in this fabulous series!

As with the previous installments, a little time has elapsed, meaning there have been a few changes since we last touched base with all these zany characters.

Rachel and Nicholas receive word that his grandmother is suffering from congestive heart failure. As the family begins to gather around her, Nicholas feels pressured fr
Rincey
May 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: poc-author, 2017
These are so consistently fun
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Overall, the morbidish topic of inheritance gave me the creeps. All the vulturing relatives, blechworthy!

I couldn't help laughing at the scene with Eddie and his toilet cubicle shoe adoration thingy! Signing Eddie, crying Eddie, prostrating Eddie… he overdid himself!

The death scene - too sad, even for all the pathetic relatives and antics of most of them …
Astrid and Charlie - finally! - so sweet! Even for all the drama.

The ob-gyn performance left me in hiccups!!!

Q:
Eddie fondled the slick plast
Anne
Bespoke.
Everything is bespoke in this book.
And to think, I had no idea how boujee I was when I took my kids to Build A Bear at the mall. Apparently, they own several bespoke stuffed animals, and I should have been bragging about that shit on the playground.

description

Ok, there is still a stupid amount of words about what everyone is wearing in Rich People Problems. At one point I wondered if Mr. Kwan was selling advertising space in his book. Kind of like how tv shows and movies have someone casually dri
Madeline
Nov 18, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ugh
Look, I know what I said. I know that I wrote in my review of China Rich Girlfriend that I wasn’t going to continue with the series. All the fun and novelty of the first book had worn off, and I realized that I was just reading a story about people who had so much money it had turned them into sociopaths. I said I was done, but I don’t like to leave things unfinished. So here we are.

As one can tell from the rating, Kevin Kwan was not able to turn things around for the last book. In fact, this s
✨ A ✨
This was really the perfect ending to this series. After China Rich Girlfriend I didn't think it could get any better. Boy was I mistaken. Intriguing, mysterious, hilarious, and addictive. I am sad to let go of these beloved characters and their crazy family drama.

When Nick's grandmother, Su Yi, falls ill and it is apparent that she has not much time left, all her children and their children and their children descend on Singapore.
It's been five years since Nick or Rachel have been in Singapor
Nenia ⚔️ Queen of Villainy ⚔️ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

Gather 'round, friends. Come sit at my table because I've just put the tea on and I'm about to spill it all over the damn place. It took me two months to finish this series, and I have some major thoughts on how it ended and what Kwan did with some of the characters. Each book in the series is a very different sort of story. CRAZY RICH ASIANS, the best one by far, is more like an underdog love story of the kind that was so popular in the
Suzanne
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any of my chick lit loving friends!!
I received an ARC of Kevin Kwan's Rich People Problems from Netgalley and Doubleday in exchange for an honest review.

In this third installation, Kevin Kwan brings back the magic I felt China Rich Girlfriend was missing. Although to be honest, I could still do without Kitty. I did not like her in the second book, and still felt like she was mostly unneeded - mainly because there are so many great characters in the book who could have used the time given to her.
Back to the great parts of this boo
alexandra
i thiiiiink this is my FAVORITE of the series???? and that's saying something since this series itself is already one of my favorites
Bailey
An amazing end to a really wonderfully charming and hilarious trilogy.
Rich People Problems is the third installment in Kevin Kwan's humorous series titled Crazy Rich Asians. This one was less funny and more emotional but it was still an amazing read just in a different way. Lots of resolution, some things coming full-circle, plenty of surprises for both the reader and certainly for the characters. It was an excellent addition (and ending, I think) to the series. Note: This series must absolutely be read in order. Check it out!

My favorite quote:
“Scientists talk abo
Trina (Between Chapters)
This was my favorite of the 3 books because by this point I was invested in the characters due to sheer exposure from binge reading.

The first 2/3 or so would have easily been 4 stars if that was the end of the book, but then it continued to drag on and I started to feel myself not caring about the outcomes anymore. The drama was the same ol same ol, especially between Kitty and Colette and omg I was sick of it.

Although a fun peek into the world of the obscenely rich, I just don't think Kwan is a
Nikki (Saturday Nite Reader)
description

You thought the first two books were ostentatious, you haven't read the third - my word! Now that I got Madonna's Material Girl into your head (you're welcome) lets start with the review.

If you haven't read Crazy Rich Asians or China Rich Girlfriend stop right here. Read the books and then you can continue on. (I don't recommend as a standalone)

What we get in Rich People Problems:

- Who is Su Yi aka Ah Ma?
- You thought Eddie was terrible, he is even more extra this go around
- Kitty Pong: the hil
Gabriella
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-reads
While I breezed through the first two novels in Kevin Kwan’s trilogy (can I call it that?), this one was harder to sink my teeth into. There are still many positives: I really enjoyed the added focus on the history of the Shang and Young families, which did a lot to redeem some of the less agreeable characters throughout the series (namely, the matriarch of the Youngs, Shang Su Yi.)

In general, Rich People Problems reversed my opinions of several main characters, as well as a few supporting ones
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
I loved Rich People Problems, it was hilarious, outlandish and filled with entertainment. It reminded me a lot of what I loved out of Crazy Rich Asians, the bizarre antics of the Shang-Young family, the name and label dropping and all of the deliciously decadent food.

Full review to come.

---

Actual Rating: 4.5

This review was originally posted on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

What do you do when you’re outrageously rich and you’re part of the most powerful, influential families i
Miranda Reads
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
description

Dear Lord, thank you for getting me the fuck out of here. Amen
Nicholas Young narrowly escaped his family last round - and now he's happily married and settled - but all that's about to change.

His grandmother, Su Yi, is on her deathbed and he has no choice but rush to her side...along with entirety of his relatives.

While he is kind and loving, the rest of his family? Not so much.
Tourists should have to take a style exam before being allowed to set foot on the island!
They're more
Fafa's Book Corner
Mini review:

Spoilers ahead!

Trigger warning: Invasion off privacy via technology, blackmail, suicide attempt, death, mention of war, mention of gun violence, mention of critical injuries, mention of car accident, mention of miscarriage, kidnapping, and heart stroke.

After the cliffhanger ending in China Rich Girlfriend I was so anxious to read this! I am happy to say that I enjoyed it! Nick gets a surprising call from his mother claiming that his Grandmother is going to pass away soon. Reluctant t
abby
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, contemporary
I'm going to miss these crazy rich Asians as I finish the third and final installment in the series. This third book is better than the second, which got bogged down in Rachel being boring and useless, but not as good as the first.

In Rich People Problems, Kwan's love affair with Astrid continues, increasing her levels of perfection and victim hood to a nearly intolerable state. There's also a campy effort at the end of the book to "save" the family mansion that belongs in a sitcom. And some of
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
Wonderful ending to a great series! I loved getting to know all these characters over the 3 books. Definitely a lot less annotations in this one, which I whole-hardheartedly appreciated. I'm really sad it's over.
Mizuki
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review for book 2: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Rating: 'I agree that this series needs a K-drama adaptation 4 comedy stars' (and I'm not even a K-pop fan...)

My GR friend Dyanna actually includes photos of her dream cast for the characters in her review for Crazy Rich Asians: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Favorite quote:

"By sheer dumb luck, my father was born in the right place at the right moment in time--when the whole region was going through enormous, unprecedented gr
Joce (squibblesreads)
I’m so so so so so sad to leave my friends in this series. I didn’t want this book to end so I could spend more time with them. Overall, more emotional, with more backstory than the first two and we really sunk into the spirit of the characters and the elements that make up the glue that holds the family together. Ugh, I’m obsessed. If I had to rank the three, the first one is my favorite, followed by this one, and the second is my least favorite. But they’re all wonderful.

Something to make note
Margitte
Oh what a super satori! A family drama about money, inheritance, egos and lots of bling.

I had a little bit of trouble remembering all the characters when I left the novel to attend to real life in between.

However, it wasn't difficult to catch up on the two million dollar dresses being ripped in a jealous rage by the spoilt fashionistas, and family members being excluded from visiting grandma Su Yi's death bed at Tyersall Park, a trophy property and one of the most exclusive in Singapore.

The po
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)
Wowwwww. I still hate Eleanor.
Love Fool
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When Nicholas Young hears that his grandmother, Su Yi, is on her deathbed, he rushes to be by her bedside--but he's not alone. It seems the entire Shang-Young clan has convened from all corners of the globe, ostensibly to care for their matriarch but truly to stake claim on the massive fortune that Su Yi controls.

With each family member secretly fantasizing about getting the keys to Tyersall Park--a trophy estate on 64 prime acres in the heart of Singapore--the place becomes a hotbed of intrigu
Sara
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The conclusion to the ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ trilogy is a bittersweet final journey into the life of the formidable matriarch Su Yi, as the vultures start to circle around Tyersall Park following her heart attack.

It was great to fall into this world again, and see the many over exaggerated characters. Eddie and Kitty in particular are in fine form here as we see Eddie prostrate around his grandmother like a grandiose peacock, and Kitty spit her dummy out repeatedly over her estranged stepdaughter’
DeB MaRtEnS
I've loved this series, primarily because it is outrageous, funny and over the top. New money, old money, extravagances beyond comprehension combined with family rivalry, secrecy and love stories - delicious! Add that it is centred in Singapore, provides reams of cultural education as a serious side dish to the funky fun, and the series was simply a treat of entertainment and novelty. I hope that Kevin Kwan leads readers on more adventures. The romps were "divine", and I'd like to savour another ...more
Ash
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of Crazy Rich Asians
This review contains spoilers for Crazy Rich Asians and China Rich Girlfriend.

I loved Crazy Rich Asians, and I enjoyed China Rich Girlfriend, so it was no surprise that I enjoyed this book too. It had all the drama, the excitement, light tone, and the pure entertainment value I was craving. Whereas China Rich Girlfriend focused more on Rachel’s family, in Rich People Problems we’re back with the Shang-Young-T’sien clan. One of my favorite features of this series is its large cast of characters,
Lisa Kong
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, Kevin Kwan has done it again ( I knew he would). I had VERY high expectations for this book and they were exceeded so so far.
This book is full of unexpected plot twists, hilarious and outrageous moments, and had characters I could relate to even though I can't even imagine being 1/100 times as a rich as them. Truth is, Asians (esp Chinese) still have their cultural roots, most of which I could 100% relate to and that's why I love this series so much. The storylines get more and more compli
Cindy Burnett
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Rich People Problems is a fabulous read. Kevin Kwan’s witty writing and highly entertaining characters make Rich People Problems so much fun to read. There are A LOT of characters to keep up with, but once I had them all straight again I didn’t want the book to end. Kwan is a master at depicting familial relationships, and with everyone descending on Tyersall Park, there is much family drama to be had.

I really enjoyed learning more about Su Yi’s background and Tyersall Park itself. Kwan’s descr

• The Proposal (The Wedding Date, #2)
  • American Royals (American Royals, #1)
  • When Life Gives You Lululemons (The Devil Wears Prada, #3)
  • Such a Fun Age
  • The Bride Test (The Kiss Quotient, #2)
  • The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Daisy Jones & The Six
  • Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3)
  • One Day in December
  • Nine Perfect Strangers
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2)
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • Red, White & Royal Blue
  • The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
  • Evvie Drake Starts Over
KEVIN KWAN is the author of Crazy Rich Asians, the international bestselling novel that has been translated into more than 30 languages. Its sequel, China Rich Girlfriend, was released in 2015, and Rich People Problems, the final book in the trilogy, followed in 2017. For several weeks in 2018, the Crazy Rich Asians trilogy commanded the top three positions of the New York Times bestseller list - ...more

Crazy Rich Asians (3 books)
  • Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1)
  • China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians, #2)

Articles featuring this book

Need some help planning your summer reading? Goodreads employees are a very bookish bunch, so we asked our colleagues to sha...
“The quality of the stone isn’t perfect, but when I wore it, it always reminded me of how life can surprise you. Sometimes, the thing that at first appears flawed can end up being the most perfect thing in the world for you.” 23 likes
“Scientists talk about how we inherit health issues from our parents through our genes, but we also inherit this entire lineage of fear and pain—generations of it.” 21 likes