Start by marking “Scales & Scoundrels, Vol. 2: Treasurehearts” as Want to Read:
Scales & Scoundrels, Vol. 2: Treasurehearts

Scales & Scoundrels, Vol. 2: Treasurehearts

(Scales & Scoundrels #6-10)

Picking up after the shocking ending of Volume 1, Koro faces a demon that can read the deepest secrets of her shielded heart. Together with the iron-willed dwarf Dorma she must overcome her darkest fears, or succumb to them. Meanwhile, Lu and Aki, stranded at the bottom of the world, stand poised to finally lift the ancient secret of the "Hall of Dreaming Treasures." But w ...more
Published July 10th 2018 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Scales & Scoundrels, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scales & Scoundrels, Vol. 2

Jack Vinson
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun set of stories, following on from the first volume. The style of storytelling has fun with the graphic media - telling long backstory sequences in one page, instead of lots of exposition as required in a book. The story leaves plenty of room to insert my own thoughts and ideas about what is happening - and plenty of questions too.

I understand that volume 3 will be the last set of stories, but it's almost hard to imagine what else will become of Lu after she deals with her heritage.
Devann
This volume finishes up the story line from the first volume and then has several standalone issues as well. At first I was kind of worried about that because usually I don't like graphic novels that lack overall story structure but this one I actually ended up enjoying more than the first volume. There are some fun new characters and we also get to learn a lot about Lu's backstory which I really enjoyed. There is also a really fun issue that takes place mostly under water and therefore has almo ...more
Imogene
Hmmm, definitely a book to keep an eye on. The wrap up of the storyline from the first book was marvellous. The single issue stories were beautiful little insights into Lu, her kindness and character. Finally seeing her amongst others of her kind was excellent.

I’m looking forward to more

(Oh, and issue 9 being told with almost zero dialogue? Bravo)
Chantel
Feb 04, 2019 rated it liked it
3.75
Kristin Boldon
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sad to hear this series is coming to a close just as I started reading. The two graphic novel collections are well worth checking out!
Dakota Morgan
Nov 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scales & Scoundrels continues to be a delightful burst of whimsy and cleverness in this world of heavy, dark Game of Thrones-style fantasy. I mean, I do love me some Thrones, but I also need a palate cleanser now and then. Treasureheart especially is the perfect volume for that.

We begin with a wrap-up of the initial narrative, two issues that could easily have been included in the first volume. It's kind of an abrupt and confusing conclusion that doesn't leave many threads for future storyli
Ser
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I continue to enjoy the story and the art. Issues 7 and 8 continue the main storyline from Volume 1, but at the end of Issue 8, the group splits up and the last three issues only follow Lu and while her adventures were interesting and started to answer some questions about her past, I really missed Koro and Dorma and the interactions of the group. The issue I had with Koro and Aki's relationship was really brought to light for Koro and she has to face the reality of her own complex tangle of emo ...more
Shannon
Jul 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pacing of this volume felt a little disjointed, since it switches gears midway through with more episodic one-off adventures for the latter half, but it finds its footing with some intriguing plot threads. Beautiful art and memorable characterization (somehow the whisps are even wonderfully expressive) as always and once again this story manages to balance modern vernacular in a medieval setting while sounding natural and allowing itself to be both light and take itself seriously. It also co ...more
Travis
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This continues to be a fun series, though this volume was a bit unexpected in its pacing. The first volume's chapters felt like they were all building towards something. But this volume sees that resolved in the first two chapters then moves on to more episodic stories of Lu rambling about and getting into trouble, though it is possibly laying the groundwork for later issues.

I continue to be impressed with how even though the setting is fairly typical high fantasy, the creators manage to give i
Geoffrey Payne
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book every month has been so much fun. It’s one of the best “all ages” comics I’ve ever read. It has the perfect balance of story that a younger kid could understand and that is still exciting for an adult like myself. To say the artwork is gorgeous is an understatement. It has a sense of simplicity while still being complex and interesting to look at. I thought that the last volume had some slow spots but this one is pretty close to perfect (especially issue 9). Definitely pick thi ...more
Ron
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume begins with the cliffhangers that ended last volume. Koro and Dorma manage to overcome the demon that showed them their deepest secrets. Meanwhile Aki and Luvander manage to survive the fall, the Hall of Dreaming Treasures and the unveiling of the Houndmaster and herself. After recovering the four split up and Luvander wanders the world, causing havoc among folks, fae, and dragons. Fun times!

I want to thank Image for the opportunity to review this title.
Caitlin
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
So glad that I read these back to back because the cliff-hanger of Vol 1 was a doozy! There's more adventures to be had here in Vol 2 and we also get to see Lu traveling on her own. I loved the mermaid chapter because it contained almost no words and was a story told through illustration, which is something that I always find compelling. We also get to see MORE DRAGONS! Yay! And backstory!
Megan
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
*Minor spoilers*

I adored volume one. I think volume two still has beautiful artwork and a fun story, but it focuses much more on Luvander as an individual. There's much less focus on the team that i grew to love in volume one. I like where the story is going, and I like Lu, i just wish the group could have stayed with her.
Shannon
Jul 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Individual issue reviews: #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10

Current review score: 3
Collin
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I really liked this one! Good Lu stuff. Good dragon stuff. The break-up of the story into episodes, instead of a long quest with Aki, Koro, and Dorma, had me a little worried, but I think Lu is a character that does best on little sidequests, at least at first. I can't wait for the next volume of the story.
Kristin
Aug 20, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5

A disappointing finish to the first volume's story, followed by three predictable standalone tales. Where there were only two issues left to complete volume one, they should have just waited and published all seven together as a complete story.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Melinda Kovac
Oct 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Nicely finished off the story from volume 1, and some fun little standalone stories, but I am hoping the rest of the gang will return.
Erin
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
The standalone issues were different (one done almost entirely without words, that was super cool) but I don't know how I feel about splitting up from the party we just started knowing.
Max Loh
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction, comics
A satisfying conclusion to the story that started in volume 1! I also loved the other standalone stories which expanded on Lu's world, as well as a tantalizing look into her personal history.
Jessica F
Oct 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Loved getting to learn a little more of Lu's story! Hope we get to follow her quest to break her curse again soon.
Laurian
So stupid cute. All the bad asses are women and they have some serious fun while doing it.
Tom
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the series you didn't know you should be reading.
John Garrigan
Nick Taylor
Jan 24, 2019
Jul 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

Scales & Scoundrels (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Scales & Scoundrels #1