Start by marking “Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)

Two Dark Reigns

(Three Dark Crowns #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  17,180 ratings  ·  2,240 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Kendare Blake returns with the highly anticipated third book in the Three Dark Crowns series! And while Arsinoe, Mirabella, and Katharine all have their own scores to settle, they aren’t the only queens stirring things up on Fennbirn Island.

Queen Katharine has waited her entire life to wear the crown. But now that she finally has it,
Published September 4th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Two Dark Reigns, please sign up.
Lapisqueen1 I understand where you are coming from, and why it can be stressful waiting for a new sequel to come out, but you have to understand that the author…moreI understand where you are coming from, and why it can be stressful waiting for a new sequel to come out, but you have to understand that the author is working really really hard to give you a good book series. Maybe you should try thinking about it in the author's perspective. :)(less)
Phoebe Nope, I love Katharine too, I find all the other girls' story dull and I really hate Jules. I hate her sooooo much, I really just want her to die.…moreNope, I love Katharine too, I find all the other girls' story dull and I really hate Jules. I hate her sooooo much, I really just want her to die. (less)

·  17,180 ratings  ·  2,240 reviews

Start your review of Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)
Caitlin
Jun 30, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I THOUGHT IT WAS A DUOLOGY BUT NOW THERES FOUR BOOKS WE HAVE ALL BEEN BLESSED
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
OMG...the madness

Like it's predecessors, I consumed this book.

Just to change it up, I'll do character rankings rather than just sister rankings.

Character Rankings:
Katharine Arsinoe > Billy Mirabella Pietyr > Jules >>> Emilia

First off, congratulations to Mirabella and Jules for stepping out of the role of my least favorite character(s). But it's not much of a surprise when Emilia Vatros is literally one of the most annoying, over-bearing characters of this entire series.

She
fablesandwren
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
REVIEW TO COME

Side Note: Do you think Kendare Blake named the books to confuse us?

01: Three Dark Crowns
02: One Dark Throne
03: Two Dark Reigns

Makes me curious to what the fourth book is going to be called LOL

- - -

I don't think anyone understands how excited I am for this book. This series is the first book I see when I walk into my apartment, I literally have dreamed the story-line multiple times because I just theorize what is going to happen in my off-time, and I am pretty sure I am
Nadhira Satria
The devil works hard but Kendare blake works harder.

bECAUSE THAT ENDING. BYE. I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS

I WAS PLANNING TO DO A REVIEW BUT I CANT. NOPE BYE
Claudia Ramírez
Oct 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: expected-more, 2018
Hamad
Sep 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“Some people leave too much space behind when they are gone.”

To be honest, book extensions usually suck and I was skeptical when I went into this one. I was afraid that it will be slow and nothing much will happen in it… Turned out I was right!!

The series was going in the right direction in book 2, it was a good improvement on book 1 but this once again, felt like a debut to me! This series was supposedly a
April (Aprilius Maximus)
*.) Queens of Fennbirn
1.) Three Dark Crowns
2.) One Dark Throne
3.) Two Dark Reigns .5

-----------------------------------------------

Definitely my least favourite in the series so far. Nothing really happened in this one until the very end and the rest of the book was pretty slow. I can't wait to see how the story wraps up in the final book though! I really don't know how they're going to get out of this with a happy ending!
Cesar
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Before reading Two Dark Reigns, the previous two books in this series were decent. I liked them enough but I didn't love them. I liked the world the series takes place in as well as the magic and lore behind it. The character themselves were also complex and interesting given the circumstances they were in. However, I felt like there was something missing from them. I hoped that Two Dark Reigns would rectify the problems I had.

And it did in the best way possible.

Two Dark Reigns is an
Mizuki
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pre-review: OMG (view spoiler) I can't wait!

Secondly, allow me to pimp my Three Dark Crowns fanart:

(link:
Faye*
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Woah, it took me forever to get through this book. Don't ask why... I guess life just got in the way, then I lost my reading motivation a bit, then I had to slip in one of my favourites because...well, reasons...I really don't know. LE SIGH.
Anyway. This one couldn't grip me as much as the first two did but I think that also was due to my "kind of slump" half way through. So, I'm giving it a solid 3 stars and am definitely looking forward to reading the conclusion of this series.

*****

I just
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
Not a big fan of this one unfortunately :(
Carmen Allegra
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I want from this book: for Madrigal to die please :)
Tomoe Hotaru
19 Apr. '19
My other reviews for:
Three Dark Crowns | One Dark Throne | Five Dark Fates

In response to my pre-read review (included at the end of this review for posterity): Yes, the tagline was indeed referring to Katharine and Jules.

Before we get into the meat of my review, I just want to make clear that I do recommend this series, particularly for teen readers who love fantasy.
I'm purely reviewing this from my perspective as an adult reader who still generally enjoys the coming-of-age and
Miia
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Reread 20.10.2019
I did not remember that this ended like this. I’m so glad I have the final book waiting for me on my bookshelf. I’m loving this series so much that I really hope the ending is satisfying.

First read 12.9.2018
Um excuse me how dare you end it like that? Me probably gonna die here slowly while I’m waiting for the last book to come out.
Krystal
SO GOOD!!

WARNING: This review contains spoilers for the previous two books of the series.

This series honestly just keeps getting better. It's so dark and twisted now! I was not expecting such fantastically macabre things from a ya fantasy about competitive queens.

So the third book opens with a mini history lesson, which was fun. I love when we get dark pasts that affect the present. That historical thread was probably one of my favourite aspects of this novel. It made the whole story level up
Rissa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cristina
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It took me a week to finish this book, because it couldn’t keep me interested. It was ok, but the action was a little bit confusing. I’m really curious how the fourth book is gonna be. Because the title of the fourth book gives nothing. I mean... so far, I understood why there was a pattern: 1st book - 3 queens fighting for the crown; 2nd book - 1 crowned queen; 3rd book 2 queens fighting but the last book has a 5 in its title. 5 queens? Impossible... 4 yeah... considering that Jules is now ...more
Sylvie
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: royalty
So much happened, definitely much better than the second book.

review to come.
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm, Myrtle Beach
I really enjoyed this one! I was annoyed with the last one, but the ending sucked me in, so I've had Two Dark Reigns on my TBR pile forever, but I think this was my favorite one! I felt like it was easier to read and keep track of everyone? Anyway, excited to real the final book!
Suzanne
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
That was a bit crazy of an ending that leads up to the next book. I feel like this one moved a bit slower than the previous books. The blue queen and the mist aspects added a lot to the series because they add more mystery and is just intriguing. So Katharine is becoming more aggressive in her reign than the previous two books because of the dead sisters/queens. Arsinoe has a lot going on with her dreams in this one that is way more interesting than in previous books, but she frustrated me in ...more
Keri
Well, that was disappointing. I feel like I'm pushing at this 3 stars cause I didn't hate it but it also didn't really do much for me...

(view spoiler)
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Three Dark Crowns -
One Dark Throne -

Here I am, at the end of this book, and I have even more questions than I started with. This author does an incredible job of giving answers and creating situations that warrant more. Characters I couldn't care less about have now become people I'm rooting for. How the heck does that happen??? And why do I always cheer on the 'bad guys'??? And will there be a way to defeat the Mist without sacrificing my beloved??? The first half of the story was slow and
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
GUYS THE COVER!!! It fits in so well wit the others in the series and it looks so dark and mysterious. I can't wait to read it!
Sabrina
Aug 06, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
SO CLOSE!
I’m happy.
Christian
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
While some of the plot points felt a bit inconsequential and unnecessary to me in the long run, this was such a nice next installment to the series and featured a lot of beloved characters, mystery the mythological aspects I've come to love from these books. Also I'm patting my own shoulder for holding back on reading this once because I now only have to wait six more months for the conclusion.

* * *

And next on "Let's pray I haven't forgotten too many of the happenings of the previous books
Shaun Hutchinson
Sep 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BLOODY FANTASTIC.
Jenna Major
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book BUT I will say I find this series kind of dragging on? I don't think it needed to be 4 books, but that is just my opinion.

Sister Ranking:
Katherine> Mirabella = Arisnoe

If you've read my other reviews of this series you know I've been a Katherine die-hard from the beginning which is why she is ranked #1, but I will say I almost put Mirabella there. All the sisters are leveling up to each other in my books, which is a good thing for the series.

some spoilers below

Katherine
Mellie Antoinette
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hello Blue Queen, you perfectly titled wunderkind, you! Take me to your misty finale!
Fatih Turgut
There's a rumour explaining that the book of this title is: Two Dark Heirs. And the last book is rumoured to be: Last Dark Queen

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Four Dead Queens
  • House of Salt and Sorrows
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Kingsbane (Empirium, #2)
  • Sorcery of Thorns
  • King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)
  • Evermore (Everless, #2)
  • Legendary (Caraval, #2)
  • Girls of Paper and Fire (Girls of Paper and Fire #1)
  • Ash Princess (Ash Princess Trilogy, #1)
  • Archenemies (Renegades, #2)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Furyborn (Empirium, #1)
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Five ​Dark Fates (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
“Some people leave too much space behind when they are gone.” 14 likes
“With her weakening gift, she could be burned, and Arsinoe imagines that for a girl who used to dance with fire, there could be nothing worse.” 4 likes