Start by marking “Protecting his Witness (Shattered SEALs #1)” as Want to Read:
Protecting his Witness (Shattered SEALs #1)

Protecting his Witness

(Shattered SEALs #1)

In the New York office of HERO Force, the men have been through hell long before their first mission. A highly skilled team of former Navy SEALs, they’ve suffered the physical and psychological wounds of war. Led by Mac, their old commanding officer from the teams with his own problems heavily in tow, they’ll each be given an opportunity to become true heroes again—if only ...more
Kindle Edition
Published February 28th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Protecting his Witness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Protecting his Witness

Kristen Lewendon
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sigh! A tragic, gothic hero. Be still my girlish heart. I love a hero in uniform. Make him flawed yet redeemable and I think he's irresistible. This is Luke to a “T”. Summer appeals to every nerd-girl part of me. She’s sassy and feisty and so bloody smart. She has a quiet innocence about her that nicely balances against Luke’s battle-weariness. I loved the push-pull, will-they/won’t-they through the whole story. A couple of recent books I’ve read kept the romance and the intrigue as two separate ...more
Cathy Geha
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Protecting His Witness by Amy Gamet
A Hero Force Novel: Shattered SEALS #2

Interesting premise to have SEALs that have left the military “shattered” work together with purpose in a new group giving them purpose and a focus for the future. One such SEAL is Luke Arroyo or Wiseman. They are called in to assist Summer Daniels after a bomb goes off, her alloy is destroyed, a vital compound is stolen and her life is threatened.

In the past Luke and Summer corresponded while he was in Afghanistan – pen p
Lisa
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free complimentary book and voluntarily reviewed it.

This is the first book in Amy Gamet’s new “Shattered Seals” series. It is a spin off from her popular “A Hero Force” series, although you don’t have to have read the first series to enjoy this one.

Amy Gamet skillfully writes about a former SEAL, Luke “Wiseman” Aroyo, who has PTSD, which causes him to feel inadequate and unworthy. Most of these feelings are based on a horrific secret he carries from his days as a SEAL. In spite of a
Yvonne Cruz
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story begins the spinoff series appropriately titled, Shattered SEALs. If you have read the HERO Force stories, you know their main office is in Atlanta. This new branch is in NYC. This group of former Navy SEALS are rightly called, shattered SEALS. Each one of them, from Mac their leader on down, has suffered physical and/or emotional injuries. They have now been given a chance to do what they love, even though they are not “perfect”.
Luke/Wiseman Arroyo is one of these men. But due to his
Monica
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another huge hit for Amy Gamet. This HERO Force, Shattered SEAL's novel brings back some incredible, damaged SEAL's and characters we've seen in previous HERO Force books.

Still emotionally shattered after his last tour in Afghanistan took the life of his best friend and team member, Luke Arroyo finds himself battling with the decision to stay with his newly formed NY based HERO team or hide away on his property to try and come to terms with the things he did while there. But when he's faced wit
R J Mckay
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Scientist Summer Daniels has already lost so much. Her brother, a Navy SEAL, died while serving overseas. Now her company is under attack. Someone has set off a bomb to destroy the research she and her Father are conducting. Her only option seems to be to turn to the men of HERO Force to help protect her and her Father, while trying to get to the bottom of the attack. What she didn’t expect to find was her brother’s old friend, and her old pen pal, Luke “Wiseman” Arroyo.
Luke has long held onto a
Cheryl Sanders
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
This is book one in the Shattered SEALs series and it features Luke and Summer. This is a fantastic story line! These two share a past, even though they’ve never met in person, which is why I understood their instant connection. The truth of Edward's death would have been hard for anyone to deal with. These SEALs are broken on the inside and some on the outside as well.

This is a captivating read and a fantastic first in the series. There was a plot twist in the end that was so unexpect
Emily Dickson
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lots of action with great characters! Luke and Summer were both great characters with great chemistry. I love that the seals in this story all had problems that they were dealing with. Secondary characters were also likeable and I especially liked Zeke who was a retired canine was also involved in this story. Enjoyed plot and the little twist that kept appearing. Can't wait for the next book! I am voluntarily reviewing an arc I received.
Pat Warren
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Have been reading this series and love the new New York Office and the HEROES they’ve put together. Their individual issues/disabilities make for a great chemistry as they work to find their paths back to being whole while helping others.

This story has some unexpected twists as you think you’re coming to the end they throw you for a couple zingers!

Can’t wait for the next one in this series.
Pat Rathmann
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AN INTENSE AND EMOTIONAL THRILLER

An intense thriller about retired Seals who have created and work for HERO Force protecting the innocent. These men are all damaged either physically or emotionally from their service experiences and are now trying to find a place for themselves in life after military service. This author did a fantastic job of creating a story that once a reader starts can't put down until the very end.
Vickie Chaisson
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Protecting His Witness

Luke and Summer are perfect together even though it takes them awhile to figure it out. Take a lonely brilliant nerd and a broken down Navy Seal who served with her brother and you have a very enticing story you won't put down. The twist at the end very well done. You will love Zeke. This is a very well written story about how even when everything can seem wrong love will win out in the end.
Susan Jordens
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story in the Hero Force series.

Luke is full of guilt from his last mission before leaving the Seals. He is recruited by Mac to join the Hero Force Group where he is tasked with protecting Summer who is being targeted by Walsh who wants her formula.

This is a interesting and well written story full of plenty of action with lots of twists and turns. There is amazing chemistry between Luke and Summer which is good to read.

I really enjoyed this book
Jill Land
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Timeline off

While it was a Good book i have a pet peeve about timelines the hero had his leg crushed and told it would be a long time until he could walk and it was like 2weeks plus t
He was at the finale action scene and there were no walking issues again these authors need to do the research and get a medical consultant i am a nurse so I know the limitations it takes away from the story

Kim
May 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Are there chapters missing?

What the hey? Chapter 24 ends with e1 held hostage by the bad guys. Chapter 25 begins with e1 safe and back in New York. I would've rated this book much higher as I was really liking it, but what a letdown. It would've been nice to know how that happened.
Sharee
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really like these HERO Force books. They always have a little bit of everything in them. Action, romance, suspense, and there is always a HEA. Although there were a few inconsistencies, (Walsh was shot in the head in chapter 25 and then later on he was in jail with no chance of parole) it was still pretty good. I love how she sets us up for the next book as well. Excited about Mac's story.
Shelly Celli
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I loved this story. It’s got the perfect amount of twisted pasts, angsty military guys, action & romance. Each section of the story blends fluidly and maintains the goal of saving her, her father, and the country...and maybe a few HERO guys along the way.
Benita Anderson
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic book. Lots of plot and lots of action. I read it straight threw. Characters are well defined. Theme is easy to follow and just when you think you know what will happen next the author shakes up the plot. Good book.
Kassandra Hogan
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing

The twists and turns leave you wanting more. Just when you think you've got it figured out. Boom something else happens. I can't wait to read the next installment .
julie satterlee
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
gripping read

I really felt a connection to these damaged characters and never stopped needing them to get a happily ever after.
jeanette chaffin
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome adventure.

Love this book. Would like to read more like it. I have read another series she wrote. All great.
Connie Felkins
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Series beginning

This is a great beginning to what looks to be a great series! The characters are well developed, their stories are entertaining and interesting.
Linda Zelinsky
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is full of excitement, suspense, tension and romance. I reall6 enjoyed reading it, as it kept me going from start to finish. I high
Y recommend this new series.
Cat
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Summer Daniels is in need of protection but wants nothing to do with HERO Force. Luke Arroyo remembers all too well the letters he received from Summer Daniels. Summer has a huge hole in her heart because of her brother and how he died. Luke is haunted by his choices regarding Summer's brother. Will Summer admit she needs help? Can Luke get past his regrets? Your answers await you in Protecting his Witness.

I like that HERO Force is in a different location. The story and characters are raw, real,
Colleen Van Buskirk
Mar 28, 2019
Lesley Beardmore
May 31, 2019
Gillian Mott
rated it did not like it
May 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Amy Gamet is the USA Today bestselling author of romantic suspense and contemporary romance. She's best known for her HERO Force series, where military romance meets thrilling action and intrigue.

HERO Force
Book 1: Stranded with the SEAL
Book 2: Sheltered by the SEAL
Book 3: Harbored by the SEAL
Book 4: Married to the SEAL
Book 5: Justice for the SEAL
Book 6: Targeted by the SEAL
Book 7: Kidnapped by the

Shattered SEALs (2 books)
  • Resisting his Target (Shattered SEALs #2)