Start by marking “Winter Heat” as Want to Read:
Winter Heat

Winter Heat

She fought to keep a killer out of jail. Now she’s going to learn to be careful what you wish for...

Kelsey Jones is a criminal defense attorney who keeps innocent men out of jail. She has an unshakable faith that she’s fighting the good fight- until one client isn’t who he says he is. Kelsey changes careers to something safer, vowing never again to be made into a fool. Wha
Kindle Edition
Published December 24th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Winter Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Heat

Kiki
Hated the heroine with passion!
She apparently was a criminal lawyer but the ways she thought/talked/acted a 16 year old is more mature than that.

Her speaking and inner thoughts were utterly imbalanced, then her actions were downright spoiled.

I can see why she’d love the hero, he IS loving.

But why the fuck the hero loved her is beyond me. But I guess she’s sexy and as he pointed out himself he tend to think with other appendage than the head around her 🤷♀
♡Tonya♡
3 stars

I do like a story that the drama comes from something other than OW/OM antics. That is the case with Winter Heat.

HERO~ Liam/Amos- he was a jerk at first. Standoff-ish and professional, he didn't have the inclination to try to comfort the heroine when she is thrust into protective custody at a moment's notice. It was hard to gauge his feelings because there was never anything from his perspective. When he did start to warm up to the heroine, I was in his corner.

HEROINE~ Kelsey/Agnes - I
Ramla Zareen Ahmad
3.5 STARS= Good= Quite Enjoyable= I liked it...!

I found Winter Heat a well-written and an entertaining read. Some intimate scenes were a bit too graphic for me and there were times when I wished for a little more tension and concern about the potential threat. These were only minor issues though. Overall, I enjoyed the story and the humour, and liked the way Kelsey's and Liam's relationship was developed. I would definitely read other books by the author.

Disclosure: Received a free ARC from the
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
My first book by her, it's a story of a Criminal Lawyer Kelsey on the run . She lost the case and her vlient- a convicted serial killer Jack Nelson was sent to jail. Obviously he mouths revenge and escapes, going after her. She has to be put in WitPro and Marshall Liam is on Guard Duty. They have to pose as newly weds Agnes & Amos and live in a nondescript town of Langdon Falls.
Right on chapter one, you know what's gonna happen.
So the story was quite predictable .very steamy sexy times betw
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

Fake relationship is so my jam. And it's romantic suspense!

***ARC courtesy of author in exchange for an honest review***
Kate Hastings
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading Jennifer Lucia, and based on this experience, it won’t be my last.

The genre / premise of this book is a fave, and although I quickly found that it wasn’t going to be as gripping-the chair-intense as I was anticipating (which is on me, too many dark romances 🤷🏻♀🤦🏻♀), this discovery didn’t at all prevent me from me falling right into the story and staying there.

I loved the push & pull of Kelsey & Liam, with the first half of the book having an almost slow burn
Reading Cafe
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Heat is absolutely a must-read! Just by looking at the cover you would think this is some kind of hard, edgy, intense story and it is at times. But this story was also funny, sweet, heartwarming, dirty and beautiful. It has it all and it’s the perfect read for Christmas. I loved everything about Kelsey (aka Agnes) and Liam (aka Amos) their connection and passion is what made me read this book in about three hours! Seriously I couldn’t put it down and now I’m running on basically no sleep ...more
Michelle Krystel
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Arc provided by author for honest review. I truly enjoyed the plot to this story line. It was quite interesting. At first I didn't feel like Kelsey and Liam had a connection. I thought it would happen instantly. But it took time. Because Kelsey has some commit issues. Which is normal. Because after a while. You could see that they did care about each other in there own way. Jen great first debut.
Catherine Edward
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: can-be-read-once
Winter needs more heat

Kelsey is thrust into the Witness Protection Program, posing as husband and wife with Liam in a remote cabin. He orders her around and she infuriates him, but they try to make the most of their situation. Can Kelsey and Liam keep it strictly professional or will they create winter heat?

The story started of well, but failed to maintain the thrill. There were a lot of times, I wanted to feel the tension, but there was none. The plot mainly focused on the couple in the remot
Nicolette Eyssen
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 golden stars

Winter Heat is a super cute romance that makes you warm and cozy all over.
You meet Kelsey at the end of a very tense court case where she is defending a criminal mastermind (Jack Nelson).
After being found guilty, Jack threatens Kelsey and ultimately changes the course of her life.
Switching fields of practicing law, Kelsey thinks she’s left the threats behind. Jack is in prison and Kelsey now practicing real estate law.

After a breakout from the federal prison, Kelsey realizes
Jacqui Norris
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Lucia has a new fan. This is my first read from her and I look forward to more from her. Winter Heat revolves around a criminal defense attorney Kelsey Jones whose life has been turned upside down by criminal who has pledged revenge for her role in him going to prison. Now the US Marshall office has sent in their best marshall, Liam Sullivan. No longer is Kelsey living her life as she planned. Suddenly she is Agnes, visiting a small town in New Hampshire with her “husband” Amos/Liam. Ke ...more
Love at First Read
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First time reading Jennifer Lucia and it won’t be my last! I loved this book, it was interesting, entertaining and the sexy cover really reels you in!

Kelsey Jones was a criminal defense attorney who wholeheartedly thought her client, Jack Nelson, was innocent of being a serial killer. Much to her surprise, once he was found guilty, he swore he would get revenge on her for not getting him off. True to his word, he managed to escape prison and is now after her. U.S. Marshal Liam Sullivan is assign
Sonya aka bookobsession83
Received an ARC for a honest review

***3.5 stars***

I went into this book blind, the best way in my eyes.
I loved the story line to this novel. Kelsey a layer, being placed in protective custody after a client escapes from prison. Enter Liam who is the US Marshall sent to keep her safe.
I am glad this was not an insta-love story as they don't seem to be my favorites. Although you knew what was going to happen Jennifer did a great job of building the story line for the lust filled relationship.
One t
Andi Isack
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC kindly provided by the author in exchange of an honest review ❤
When I saw the cover of this book for the first time, I instantly wanted to read it. Add the perfect title and you'll understand why my excitement level got even higher. And I've got it!!! And the very first thing I can say about it is....get ready to feel the winter heat, ladies, cause Liam Sullivan will give you that and SO much more!!! This book is better than a hot chocolate on a winter day. Believe me. Liam will keep you war
BookAddict
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kelsey Jones has spent her law career defending those she presumes are innocent, even Jack Nelson, accused of murdering several women. When the jury returns a guilty verdict for the serial killer, Jack's last words to her are, “I’m coming for you, Kelsey.” She’s unnerved enough by his proclamation that she leaves criminal law for estate law – boring, but safe. Mere minutes after seeing on television that Jack Nelson has escaped from prison, her boss calls Kelsey into his office and she’s whisked ...more
Rebecca Delgrosso Kennedy
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

Winter Heat was a super cute, quick, sit by the fire and finish in one sitting kind of read. It was different from most of the romance books I normally read because it had the added suspense of being chased by a crazy serial killer and having to be placed in witness protection. The only issues I had with the book were that Liam seemed to cross the line of professionalism a little easier than I expected. I thought there would be a bit more of a slow burn to this story going in. Other than th
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick sweet read.
I was expecting a lot more suspense and darkness then I got but the story and characters were good.

I really loved Liam, he started off abrasive but once he warms up he is just a flipping sweetheart.

Kelsey I have a love and hate relationship with her, it took me a bit to fully connect with her, there were moments where I just had to roll my eyes at the stuff she said and did and other time where I was cheering her on.

This was my first read by author Jennifer Lucia and I assure yo
Brittany Elliser
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I happened to stumble across Winter Heat last night and I am so glad I did! This istory is about Liam and Kelsey and how when they are forced together, they ultimately find they can’t get enough of each other.
Kelsey has to enter into witness protection and Liam is the marshal in charge of keeping her safe. While it’s not a good idea to mix business with pleasure, pleasure ultimately wins this battle.
The scenes are as hot as winter heat (and trust me that’s a real thing!) mixed in with some drama
Fiorella Mauro
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Commitment-phobic attorney Kelsey Jones is forced into hiding by a dangerous former client who has escaped from prison. Liam Sullivan is the US Marshall who poses as her husband to protect her. It’s a delicious setup that doesn’t take quite the path you might expect.

Jennifer Lucia’s Winter Heat gets a lot done in 176 pages. By my watch, if you read it on the beach you’ll only need to reapply your sunscreen twice. For that investment, you get a bit of odd-couple comedy, a bit of sex, a bit of sho
Shelli
This was an enjoyable suspenseful romance. Kelsey was an idealistic defense attorney, whose last case was defending a serial killer who she thought was innocent up until the moment the guilty verdict was read and he threatened her. Then he escapes prison and she's put into witness protection with Liam as her Marshal. It was fairly predictable, you knew what was going to happen, but you still enjoyed reading it.
There were some humorous parts, and a few sexy parts...and one or two inner monologues
Aarati
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Winter Heat is my first book by Jennifer Lucia and it couldn't have been a better start. I love a good romantic suspense and Winter Heat absolutely delivered.

Kelsey Jones is a criminal defense attorney who prided herself on fighting the good fight and representing innocent clients. Unfortunately for her, one of her clients was not who he said he was, and didn't hesitate to threaten her either. Now that he is out of jail, Kelsey's life is in danger.

U.S. Marshal Liam Sullivan is tasked with ente
Melissa Schaub
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
What are you supposed to do when your life is in danger and you are stuck with a broody, yummy man to protect you?? You do the best you can to kill time in the most pleasurable way possible. This book was intense from pretty much the first page and kept me on the edge of my seat until the end. I definitely recommend this intense and smexy read! If you are looking for a book with mystery, longing and smokin hot scenes, then this is book for you!
books.lyrics_and_leadingmen
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Criminal Attorney with commitment issues and a U.S Marshal with a six pack on the run from a serial killer shacked up in a cabin with wine and a fire place during a white winter and you guessed it things start to get pretty darn hot. Oh my what Liam can do with that tongue.

Great holiday read with lots of romance, steamy scenes and suspense. Witness Protection never looked so good.

ARC provided for an honest review.

I'll definitely be reading more from Jennifer Lucia.

Anna
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and I enjoyed this story. I love finding new to me authors and she did not disappoint. This story was sexy, cute, and even had moments of suspense. This is absolutely a must read! I look forward to reading more from Jennifer Lucia.
Brutally  Book Reviews
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have a weakness for men with red and auburn hair so this book was a real treat
Mariela
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was asked by the author to review #winterheat I have to say I was immediately drawn in. I love when books do that. Story is about an attorney who has to go into witness protection. The marshal guarding her is super delicious. The tension between the two of them is just hot, the witty banter between the two is hilarious. He tries to resist as he has to protect her. But in the confines of the cabin and it being just the two things quickly heat up. will his emotions cloud his judgment when her li ...more
Brittany&Elizabeth's BookBoutique
Annie Dyer
Jan 02, 2018
Gizem
Aug 06, 2018
Komal Ch
May 01, 2018
Jennifer Lucia grew up on Long Island, New York in a family of six. Ever since she learned how to read, she’s read anything she could get her hands on. She started reading romance novels when she came across a bodice ripper at a thrift store and found that she couldn’t get enough. Fifteen years later, she’s still an avid romance reader- and now is adding her own voice to the mix.
Jennifer loves tra